Message Boards

Topic : I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

Number of Replies: 585
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:58:50 pm
Author : dataimport
Why are you interested in changing your appearance surgically? Let us know your story and reasons.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 27, 2008, 6:19 pm CDT

I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

I never ever thought about plastic surgery untill i had my first child ...i was only 115 pounds before i got pregant then gained about 60 pounds ,which left me with alot of stretch marks as u can amagine..then i went on a diet lostlot of weight ,,im now 140 ,i like the size i am but i dont like all these stretchmarks that i have ever where on my body, my breast ,stomach,legs ,butt hehe ...not really funny thou..even my stomach has a lil hangin skin on it ,,that i cant believe im even tellin u guys this..I look like a shiveled up rasoin ..Im only 23 ,,and i ruined my body when i was only 18 years old and i have never been happy since,,i used to love my body ,,now im so disgused it aint funny..i cant even be intimate with my man anymore ,,i  cant wear shorts because of all my stretch marks ..i cant wear shirts that show my breast at all ,,now thats its summer i feel even more depressed ,becasue i cant take my babies to the beach because of my stupidy cause i cant wear a bathing suit ,,let alone wear shorts even..this sucks really bad and is ruining my life ,its like i was a beautiful young girl one day ,then the next a old wrinkley mom ,,its like i never had a chance to be beatuful as a mom and to fell sexy about myself ...If i had money I WOULD have plastic surgery ,,because why should someone have to suffer so much ,day after day ,,its not far ..and i wish i could do something about.

July 3, 2008, 5:56 pm CDT

I JUST WANT IT

I will turn fifty years old, in November, and I have always been told that I don't look my age.  Over the last two years, I have been involved in my daughters recovery from drugs.  Two and a half years ago, my daughter became involved with drugs, I have been through every stage that you can go through, denial, etc. and I have lost weight, and everything on me has dropped, if you know what I mean.  I never have been big, I was a size 5, then dropped quickly down to a little girls size 14.   I have been trying to work out and build back up muscle.  I looked like a person who was either on drugs or very sick.  I am now wearing a size 3, and I am 5"2.  I will never be able to re-build the bust, I have had four children.  My daught er has been in re-hab for nine months, and is doing quite well, but it has wore her mother down. I would like to have a boob lift, so I don't look like I am sixty-eight.I have an image to up-hold. I m not ready to be old or look old.  Anyway, those are my thoughts on plastic surgery.. Thanks for asking.

July 7, 2008, 3:22 pm CDT

Don't want it anymore...

im 26 and wanted implants since i was 20.  after exploring deeper reasons why i wanted srgry, i realized that it was because i was insecure.  i have accepted my breasts for the size they are.  if i want them to look bigger or to get cleavage i use a contouring body makeup ("my beautiful breasts" from It Cosmetics) that gives me that look for a night or 2.  but overall, just learning that bigger boobs won't make me feel any better. 

September 11, 2008, 1:07 pm CDT

Hair Lip and Cleft Palate

I am a 40 yr old female and I was born with a Cleft Palate and a Hair Lip.  Since my birth I had gone through many surgery's to repair this defect.  The last surgery I believe is when I was a teenager.  Since then I have had many illnesses which required medications and it ruined my teeth.  I since have had my teeth removed and have dentures.  The reason I am writing this is because my lip and inside my mouth on the gum and palate feel they are seperating over the space of no teeth.  I dont have the money nor will my insurance cover to have this repaired.  The Dr I went to when younger is no longer practicing and I really would like to have this repaired before it gets really serious.  I talk alot through my nose and everything comes out all nasally and its hard for people to understand me even my children and husband.  I just want to be normal like others speak normal and look and feel good about myself.  It has depressed me so much I really dont like to go out and about to much and I really enjoy being at my childrens sports and school for their activities. I'm not sure what I can do to correct this. I know they have  the Smile Program or something like that for children in other countries with this problem, but nothing here and for adults. It would really help my life and my self worth to have this fixed. Thanks for letting me get this out to you!

September 12, 2008, 10:24 am CDT

92 lbs and 3 kids later

Because I lost 92 lbs and had 3 kids-I NEED a tummy tuck in a really bad way. I have a ton of loose skin and it is actually uncomfortable! I would like to have a breast lift-possibly a reduction too. But-I am desperate for a tummy tuck and would do it tomorrow if I could afford it!

September 12, 2008, 4:46 pm CDT

I would absolutely love to have a mommy makeover!!!  I'm 44 and my children are 23 & 18.  I won't gross you all out LOL but lets just say I wasn't fortunate enough to lose the stretch marks and my stomach stretched beyond any sit up!  My kids are grown up and I would love to like the way I look but there is no way I could afford it.  The last Dr. Phil show I watched where the woman got a mommy makeover I was so happy for her because I knew exactly how she felt but man I was so envious!!!!!!

September 18, 2008, 12:23 pm CDT

Quote From: laurieleigh

I would absolutely love to have a mommy makeover!!!  I'm 44 and my children are 23 & 18.  I won't gross you all out LOL but lets just say I wasn't fortunate enough to lose the stretch marks and my stomach stretched beyond any sit up!  My kids are grown up and I would love to like the way I look but there is no way I could afford it.  The last Dr. Phil show I watched where the woman got a mommy makeover I was so happy for her because I knew exactly how she felt but man I was so envious!!!!!!

ohhhhh me too.

September 22, 2008, 11:12 pm CDT

'Thats my mommy...she doesnt smile

Am I going to die from severe dental disease and not watch my kids grow up because I can' afford dental care? I taste  the nastiness of abscess every day. I am in excruciating pain every day and seeking narcotic pain pills daily (not prescribed) to help me deal with the pain., which is also hard on a limited budget but if I didn't find things i would never be able to deal with this pain and no dentist will see me or prescribe for me because I have no $$ up front and no good insurance. All because I can’t afford it and Michigan Medicaid won't help. Previous history of congestive heart failure and previous cardiologist said my teeth could kill me someday. Family history of severe dental disease and people in my family that had it had brain aneurysms...could this be correlated... also my mental state is SEVERELY AFFECTED. My KIDS ARE SEVERELY AFFECTED. SEE MY MYSPACE BLOG BELOW:

'That's My Mommy...She doesn't Smile'

The title statement refers to a line I have heard my 3 oldest children say to their friends...and I fear that someday my 18 month old will as well. It breaks my heart that they think I don't smile because I'm not happy, that I don't share in their everyday joys and wonders, that I must be 'mad' all the time or sad...because I don't smile.

Since I was a young child I have had problems with my teeth. I genetically inherited very twisted, misshapen teeth and was always referred to as vampire girl, yuck mouth...you name it I heard it. I was always very diligent about mouth care, but no matter what  I did. It never helped. Every trip to the dentist was met with 10 or more cavities, despite brushing 4-5 times a day and constant care. No matter what I did. It was like fighting a losing battle. I was supposed to get orthodontia but well...my parents got divorced and while my dad worked at GM he also had a few bad habits...drinking, cocaine and women... and the day my mother and I sat in the orthodontists office waiting for him for hours, we finally realized he wasn't coming. This after she as a waitress came up with her 2 grand by sacrificing everything for months on end... but daddy never did come up with his 2 grand towards the co pay. I wasn't important enough.  We later found out that I had also inherited a genetic disorder of extremely weak enamel...it can be peeled off and/or chipped at the slightest brush. My mom had all of hers removed at age 23 due to this. I am 30.

I am in constant excruciating pain. I cannot afford to fix my teeth or have them removed and get dentures. I've had dental insurance in the past through old jobs...but even then we could not afford the co pays and deductibles. My kids always come first. Every SINGLE tooth I have is broken off at the root or split in half. I have exposed roots in my mouth and have constant abscesses draining into my mouth. I knows its disgusting. I know its horrible. I see the way people look at me...people treat me like a pariah, like some sort of trashy freak because of my teeth. Some people call me meth head cuz this disorder in my mouth has made me resemble a meth addicted person. My kids HATE having me come to functions at school because of my teeth and the way they get picked on because of it. God..it was bad enough that I got picked on for them as a child..I don't want my babies to get it too!! So I'm not nearly as involved as I want to be..as they want me to be.

Not a day goes by that I don't get very sad because of my teeth. It has affected every area of my life both as a child and now as an adult. I am not taken seriously in the community because I don't look the part of an upstanding citizen, I don't get taken seriously at the jobs I have had...that is when I can find one because I can't interact professionally on the job with my teeth like this and no one wants to hire me... plus I am home with a emotionally impaired ADHD 13 year old, 'normal' 8 year old twin girls and a developmentally delayed 18 month old.   It even affects the quality of men that I have dated... because honestly, first impressions are everything and no decent man wants to take a chance and see beyond it..they can't.....we all know that... A smile is everything and never in my life have I experienced what it feels like to smile and not be self conscious.
If I had a new smile, it would not just change my life, it would change many. My children's...their friends...people in the community because I would be more involved and am an activist at heart and am studying human services to someday work to help people like myself and for issues like those on this board and facing our world today. I could make a huge difference in many lives if only I could reflect in my smile who I really am...

Can you please give my babies a chance at a happy, involved mom who isn't writhing around in bed in severe pain at least 8 times a month? I could LITERALLY DIE from these infected teeth and no one will help me. Michigan Medicaid doesn't pay for dental right now and I cant afford it on 600 a month income as I am home with the kids for now due to disabilities and lack of childcare for an out of control 13 year old.....they take precedence...they always have.... and I want my teeth fixed more for them than for me...so they can never again say those words that turn my blood to ice 'That's my mommy...she doesn't smile.'

Teeth can't be fixed according to my old dentist... Hell there isn't much left too fix as most are at the root...They have to be pulled and than dentures or implants. I've priced it at about $4000 for dentures.... can anyone please help me??  I've got pictures I could upload of my teeth to prove myself... but trust me you will be nauseated. Email me at swell628@gmail.com or look for me on yahoo under the same if somehow, someway you can help me or know someone who can!! This could honestly be a matter of life or death...

Please help me. I don't generally ask for help...but I'm hoping someone out there will help this single mom.. and help me make my community a 'better community'. I'd be sure to pay it forward.

is anyone out there?? Help me be the woman and mommy I am bursting to be!

We are currently 'couch homeless' and living with my mom, who is emotionally abusive to me. I am totally in her control and can't stop it because its her roof. I am not allowed to totally parent my kids because of her input and if I don’t listen i pay the price. I am a survivor of domestic abuse  (that’s why I live with my mom) and childhood sexual abuse that went on for over 2 years.. My 13 year old is totally out of control with 2 suicide attempts in 9 months, failing grades, drug use, sexual activity, law problems, insubordination to me.... and my 8 year old twins are very emotionally hurt and my 20 mth old has developmental delays.

I just need help with dental work and housing. Please help me. This is my last hope. I don't know what else to do. I'm about to lose my kids, and I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. please help me with my teeth, my bipoloarness and housing. Help me dr phil. I do in home counseling once a week for two hours and my son does too with a separate counselor. I can give you their names and numbers and they  can verify all of this, i swear it. Please excuse my spelling and grammar. I am very tired as it's almost 1 am here but one of the only times I have time w/o kids.

Thanks for listening. I hope you help me and don't just think of me as another sob story to pass over. I'm scared of what I’ll do if things don't change and soon. /truly scared.

Stacie
Age 30

September 27, 2008, 3:17 pm CDT

Hi Stacie. I hope you stop back by to update us on how you are.

Quote From: swell628

Am I going to die from severe dental disease and not watch my kids grow up because I can' afford dental care? I taste  the nastiness of abscess every day. I am in excruciating pain every day and seeking narcotic pain pills daily (not prescribed) to help me deal with the pain., which is also hard on a limited budget but if I didn't find things i would never be able to deal with this pain and no dentist will see me or prescribe for me because I have no $$ up front and no good insurance. All because I cant afford it and Michigan Medicaid won't help. Previous history of congestive heart failure and previous cardiologist said my teeth could kill me someday. Family history of severe dental disease and people in my family that had it had brain aneurysms...could this be correlated... also my mental state is SEVERELY AFFECTED. My KIDS ARE SEVERELY AFFECTED. SEE MY MYSPACE BLOG BELOW:

'That's My Mommy...She doesn't Smile'

The title statement refers to a line I have heard my 3 oldest children say to their friends...and I fear that someday my 18 month old will as well. It breaks my heart that they think I don't smile because I'm not happy, that I don't share in their everyday joys and wonders, that I must be 'mad' all the time or sad...because I don't smile.

Since I was a young child I have had problems with my teeth. I genetically inherited very twisted, misshapen teeth and was always referred to as vampire girl, yuck mouth...you name it I heard it. I was always very diligent about mouth care, but no matter what  I did. It never helped. Every trip to the dentist was met with 10 or more cavities, despite brushing 4-5 times a day and constant care. No matter what I did. It was like fighting a losing battle. I was supposed to get orthodontia but well...my parents got divorced and while my dad worked at GM he also had a few bad habits...drinking, cocaine and women... and the day my mother and I sat in the orthodontists office waiting for him for hours, we finally realized he wasn't coming. This after she as a waitress came up with her 2 grand by sacrificing everything for months on end... but daddy never did come up with his 2 grand towards the co pay. I wasn't important enough.  We later found out that I had also inherited a genetic disorder of extremely weak enamel...it can be peeled off and/or chipped at the slightest brush. My mom had all of hers removed at age 23 due to this. I am 30.

I am in constant excruciating pain. I cannot afford to fix my teeth or have them removed and get dentures. I've had dental insurance in the past through old jobs...but even then we could not afford the co pays and deductibles. My kids always come first. Every SINGLE tooth I have is broken off at the root or split in half. I have exposed roots in my mouth and have constant abscesses draining into my mouth. I knows its disgusting. I know its horrible. I see the way people look at me...people treat me like a pariah, like some sort of trashy freak because of my teeth. Some people call me meth head cuz this disorder in my mouth has made me resemble a meth addicted person. My kids HATE having me come to functions at school because of my teeth and the way they get picked on because of it. God..it was bad enough that I got picked on for them as a child..I don't want my babies to get it too!! So I'm not nearly as involved as I want to be..as they want me to be.

Not a day goes by that I don't get very sad because of my teeth. It has affected every area of my life both as a child and now as an adult. I am not taken seriously in the community because I don't look the part of an upstanding citizen, I don't get taken seriously at the jobs I have had...that is when I can find one because I can't interact professionally on the job with my teeth like this and no one wants to hire me... plus I am home with a emotionally impaired ADHD 13 year old, 'normal' 8 year old twin girls and a developmentally delayed 18 month old.   It even affects the quality of men that I have dated... because honestly, first impressions are everything and no decent man wants to take a chance and see beyond it..they can't.....we all know that... A smile is everything and never in my life have I experienced what it feels like to smile and not be self conscious.
If I had a new smile, it would not just change my life, it would change many. My children's...their friends...people in the community because I would be more involved and am an activist at heart and am studying human services to someday work to help people like myself and for issues like those on this board and facing our world today. I could make a huge difference in many lives if only I could reflect in my smile who I really am...

Can you please give my babies a chance at a happy, involved mom who isn't writhing around in bed in severe pain at least 8 times a month? I could LITERALLY DIE from these infected teeth and no one will help me. Michigan Medicaid doesn't pay for dental right now and I cant afford it on 600 a month income as I am home with the kids for now due to disabilities and lack of childcare for an out of control 13 year old.....they take precedence...they always have.... and I want my teeth fixed more for them than for me...so they can never again say those words that turn my blood to ice 'That's my mommy...she doesn't smile.'

Teeth can't be fixed according to my old dentist... Hell there isn't much left too fix as most are at the root...They have to be pulled and than dentures or implants. I've priced it at about $4000 for dentures.... can anyone please help me??  I've got pictures I could upload of my teeth to prove myself... but trust me you will be nauseated. Email me at swell628@gmail.com or look for me on yahoo under the same if somehow, someway you can help me or know someone who can!! This could honestly be a matter of life or death...

Please help me. I don't generally ask for help...but I'm hoping someone out there will help this single mom.. and help me make my community a 'better community'. I'd be sure to pay it forward.

is anyone out there?? Help me be the woman and mommy I am bursting to be!

We are currently 'couch homeless' and living with my mom, who is emotionally abusive to me. I am totally in her control and can't stop it because its her roof. I am not allowed to totally parent my kids because of her input and if I dont listen i pay the price. I am a survivor of domestic abuse  (thats why I live with my mom) and childhood sexual abuse that went on for over 2 years.. My 13 year old is totally out of control with 2 suicide attempts in 9 months, failing grades, drug use, sexual activity, law problems, insubordination to me.... and my 8 year old twins are very emotionally hurt and my 20 mth old has developmental delays.

I just need help with dental work and housing. Please help me. This is my last hope. I don't know what else to do. I'm about to lose my kids, and I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. please help me with my teeth, my bipoloarness and housing. Help me dr phil. I do in home counseling once a week for two hours and my son does too with a separate counselor. I can give you their names and numbers and they  can verify all of this, i swear it. Please excuse my spelling and grammar. I am very tired as it's almost 1 am here but one of the only times I have time w/o kids.

Thanks for listening. I hope you help me and don't just think of me as another sob story to pass over. I'm scared of what Ill do if things don't change and soon. /truly scared.

Stacie
Age 30

Hi Stacie. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I hope you stop back by to update us on how you are. You have valid concerns and deserve the dental care you need. Sounds like you could use Dr. Phil's help with your 13 year old, too. I hope you get the help that helps with all the things you need help with.

http://www.newhopenow.org/counseling/liveperson.html

Check out below and apply to be on THE DOCTORS to see if you can get your dental work done through THE DOCTORS.

http://www.thedoctorstv.com

I can SO relate. My braces were repossessed because mother could only make first few payments. Plus, I was hit in the face by a rapist as a teen. Then, while hoping to be on Extreme Makeover on ABC, more recently, I had an abscess tooth swelling up entire face. Sounds like your dental situation is even more dire yet I can SO relate with pain you spoke of.

On Dr. Phil Website check out
BE ON DR. PHIL SHOW
by clicking at top of the web page
then click on
BE ON THE SHOW...
(or)
click on BE ON THE SHOW at bottom of web page

Scroll until you see a show that has to do with what you need help with.

Also, you can click above on
CONTACT DR. PHIL

GOD PLEASE REPLY
Prayed by SEA

If ever you reach out in word
And feel like no one heard
To me each message that I see
Are like prayers rising up to Thee

After you left with all your tears
Combined with all your haunting fears
People stopped to read words you left
Sending prayers for you to be blessed