Message Boards

Topic : I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

Number of Replies: 585
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:58:50 pm
Author : dataimport
Why are you interested in changing your appearance surgically? Let us know your story and reasons.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 28, 2008, 12:07 pm CDT

please god help him get his face back

Quote From: sassycaregiver

I want my husband to have plastic surgery to have his face put back on!!! Amelosblastic carcinoma took his nose, top lip, upper palate, facial and forehead bones and part of his brain in 2003. It is 2008 and we cannot come up with the funds to have his face put back on.

It seems very unfair to me. I love him dearly and just want him to have a "normal" life again. I want some normalcy in MY own life a gain.

It has been so hard!

Here I am thinking about myself, thinking i want a tummy tuck and a mini face lift, and here is a person, that desperately needs to have plastic surgery, why isnt the government helping people who need help with expense to help this man, I will pray that this man gets the professional help he so needs. please dr. phil and the staff please help him get this medical treatment so he and his wife could have some kind of normal way of life, thank you nancy

September 28, 2008, 12:13 pm CDT

i want plastic surgery to help with my low selfesteem

I am fifty years old and have wanted to get a tummy tuck, so I could feel better about my self, for years I ate alot of food to fill and empty feeling inside of me, I wanted to be loved, but I soon found out that eating and not being able to look nice even made it worse on me. I am trying so hard to live the right life now, I was on drugs for many of years, I went to rehab on my own because i knew I was going to go to jail or die, it will be three years in feb, I also quit smoking cigarettes about three weeks ago, I am loseing weight, also. I fell down a flight of stairs last may and am fianally feeling up to walking and getting my life together, so I feel as if a tummy tuck and mini face lift would be nice, thank you so much

September 28, 2008, 6:00 pm CDT

sassycaregiver and todobird. Did y'all see my post to swell628?

Quote From: yesyoucan

Hi Stacie. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I hope you stop back by to update us on how you are. You have valid concerns and deserve the dental care you need. Sounds like you could use Dr. Phil's help with your 13 year old, too. I hope you get the help that helps with all the things you need help with.

http://www.newhopenow.org/counseling/liveperson.html

Check out below and apply to be on THE DOCTORS to see if you can get your dental work done through THE DOCTORS.

http://www.thedoctorstv.com

I can SO relate. My braces were repossessed because mother could only make first few payments. Plus, I was hit in the face by a rapist as a teen. Then, while hoping to be on Extreme Makeover on ABC, more recently, I had an abscess tooth swelling up entire face. Sounds like your dental situation is even more dire yet I can SO relate with pain you spoke of.

On Dr. Phil Website check out
BE ON DR. PHIL SHOW
by clicking at top of the web page
then click on
BE ON THE SHOW...
(or)
click on BE ON THE SHOW at bottom of web page

Scroll until you see a show that has to do with what you need help with.

Also, you can click above on
CONTACT DR. PHIL

GOD PLEASE REPLY
Prayed by SEA

If ever you reach out in word
And feel like no one heard
To me each message that I see
Are like prayers rising up to Thee

After you left with all your tears
Combined with all your haunting fears
People stopped to read words you left
Sending prayers for you to be blessed

Parting prayers prayed to help you some
So you feel uplifted when here you come
And when no one knows what to say
Now and then know for you many pray

Thus if after you bare your soul
You feel no one heard... not one soul
I wanted you to know I stopped by
Said a prayer for you signed please reply

God Bless Y'all and all "across the boards" and behind the boards. Fellow member, SEA aka yesyoucan

I'M JUST WINGING IT

On a cyber wing
And a...
PRAYER for us all

October 5, 2008, 5:10 pm CDT

Plastic Surgery

My name is Karoline, I am a 46 year old female. I had skin cancer on my nose. The surgical procedure left a scar on my nose. I am self  very conscious about the scar. I feel as if people look at my scar instead of my eyes. In the beginning, I would not look anyone in the eyes. Now I can do that,but I knw my self esteem would be higher if I could fix my face

Thank you,

Karoline Kozal

October 16, 2008, 6:23 am CDT

I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

I am 34 years old and when i look at myself i get grossed out because my 'parts' are not where they should be

October 16, 2008, 10:47 am CDT

Checking in ..update

Quote From: yesyoucan

SELF MATTERS INCLUDES STACIE
God Bless Stacie and God Bless Stacie A Lot

S tacie is a mother of four doing her best
T aking time to reach out being proactive
A waiting a miracle to heal her and her children
C oming here Stacie is hugged by our prayers
I ntelligent young woman with value and worth
E veryone here is praying miracles Stacie's way

I'm sitting here in the same pain as always, but said I would check back. I've lost hope. I was contacted by someone supposedly at CBS and THE DOCTORS show...but for all I know it was  scam. I'm disappointed. I sent the email reply back, with the info they requested and pictures and everything and still nothing.

I am so sick of this. I want to die most days.

October 25, 2008, 7:33 pm CDT

gastric bypass/feeling journey unfinished

Hi everyone! I'm new to this message board.  This caught my eye because 6 years ago I had gastric bypass surgery.  I lost 120 lbs.  I've kept 110 off nicely.  The thing that makes me feel unfinished is the skin I have hanging on my hips and lower belly.  I can pull it up on the sides like its a pair of pants.  I get rashes under it from yeast infections, and it causes abdominal pain in my lower abdomen because of the weight of it.  It's kind of like strapping 8-10 pounds of flour bags onto your hips and carrying it around all day.  I'm so happy with the weight loss and thankful that's gone.  I still have to wear longer shirts, larger size pants than I would need and I have to big lumps on each side of my hips because of the excess skin.  That's very hard to take, especially when everyone else I know who's had gastric bypass surgery done because of my example has had their skin removed.  I've been trying to find a way for 5 years.  I never can manage it money wise or insurance wise.  I have fibromyalgia and  I don't need any more pain than what I have already.  I think this would help some of that pain as well.  I know it would bring my self esteem up a few notches.  I've always had low self esteem.  This keeps it down there even more.  If anyone knows of ANY POSSIBLE WAY to get this resolved, I would love to hear it.  I take surgery very well and I heal well.  I just need a way . . . And plastic surgeons I've gone to for consults have said I'm a perfect candidate.  I need breasts lifted as well, but I can live with wearing a 36 Long instead of 36DD.  That only causes shoulder pain and good bras can do wonders.  There's NO WAY to make the tummy and hip skin look good.  Girdle type garments are painful for me, maybe cause of the fibromyalgia.  I can take the squeezing they cause.
Mosty I just want to be normal and blend in with the crowd.  I would do ANYTHING to take care of this!!!
Thanks for reading and any suggestions are very welcome.  Lori

November 16, 2008, 10:09 am CST

hello lori//fellow bypass patient

Quote From: cookyldy

Hi everyone! I'm new to this message board.  This caught my eye because 6 years ago I had gastric bypass surgery.  I lost 120 lbs.  I've kept 110 off nicely.  The thing that makes me feel unfinished is the skin I have hanging on my hips and lower belly.  I can pull it up on the sides like its a pair of pants.  I get rashes under it from yeast infections, and it causes abdominal pain in my lower abdomen because of the weight of it.  It's kind of like strapping 8-10 pounds of flour bags onto your hips and carrying it around all day.  I'm so happy with the weight loss and thankful that's gone.  I still have to wear longer shirts, larger size pants than I would need and I have to big lumps on each side of my hips because of the excess skin.  That's very hard to take, especially when everyone else I know who's had gastric bypass surgery done because of my example has had their skin removed.  I've been trying to find a way for 5 years.  I never can manage it money wise or insurance wise.  I have fibromyalgia and  I don't need any more pain than what I have already.  I think this would help some of that pain as well.  I know it would bring my self esteem up a few notches.  I've always had low self esteem.  This keeps it down there even more.  If anyone knows of ANY POSSIBLE WAY to get this resolved, I would love to hear it.  I take surgery very well and I heal well.  I just need a way . . . And plastic surgeons I've gone to for consults have said I'm a perfect candidate.  I need breasts lifted as well, but I can live with wearing a 36 Long instead of 36DD.  That only causes shoulder pain and good bras can do wonders.  There's NO WAY to make the tummy and hip skin look good.  Girdle type garments are painful for me, maybe cause of the fibromyalgia.  I can take the squeezing they cause.
Mosty I just want to be normal and blend in with the crowd.  I would do ANYTHING to take care of this!!!
Thanks for reading and any suggestions are very welcome.  Lori
hey lori, my name is judy. i resently had bypass surgery jan 2007.and as of now nov 2008 i have lost a whopping (204) lbs! i still can't believe it is me when i look in the mirror. i have been heavy my whole life, but health problems made it worse in the last several years before the bypass surgery as done. but as you say the excess skin is so depressing. and often i feel guilty for feeling this way. after all i should feel totally happy and blessed(and i do), that i have come so far already. my health has improved. but like you i have other medical problems. pain is an issue. i am disabled to work. and survive on a small diablity check each month. ins. companies consider this type of surgery to be "cosmetic". and most won't pay for the procedure. you and i know that the cosmetic part is only a small part of the issue. to us it is emotional and medical as well. i'm sure there is a way that GOD will provide for us. we have so much to offer others as well. my self esteem suffers too. it would be so great to be able to truely wear the sizes and styles of clothing that we continue to work so hard to for. and to not have to use medications on the skin to prevent topical infections and irration. the road is long and hard, but at least we are on the road and not off to the side of it. just keep your head up girl.....and remember your not alone, and neither am i. and maybe just maybe dr.phil knows something or someone that can help. my best to you. tc

November 16, 2008, 12:23 pm CST

plataus are normal

Quote From: mbrown67

i recently had my surgery back on november 6th of 2007, prior to going in for the surgery i weighed in at 324 lbs..it is now april 24th and i have slimmed down to a 250 lbs frame.

My idea weight goal is to reach 180 lbs and maintain that level of fitness, my question to some of the others who have had the surgery is this, I have been at a stall mate of 250 lbs for the last couple of weeks ( 4 to be exact)...is this something i should be worried about or with each platau you reach it takes a lil longer to get below that level and start to move down again?  Like i said i have only had the surgery about 5 months ago.

Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated

hi, if it was the gastric bypass surgery that you have had it is normal to have plateau's. but , you could try to change your daily diet as well as increase/ or change your exercise routine. remember to change up your routine off and on to keep your body guessing. congratulations and best of luck to u. tc

November 25, 2008, 2:38 pm CST

I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

i want plastic surgery because im not happy with some of my looks.....its odd for a 16 yr old to say that but ii have analyzed my life and i have realized that most of the things going on are somewhat involved with the way i look....i am planning on having blepharoplasty which is eye lid surgery ..rhinoplasty which is a nose job and possibly a chin/neck augmentation....im not looking to be perfect ..i can never be no can ever be nor come close to it ...i just want to look like me but a better refined me ...i believe that the surgery will improve my confidence and the way others view me as well....the only thing that i am concerned about is how the results are going to turn out but i have been consulting several surgeons and i believe that ill be in good hands... my mom says that i dont need anything to be done and i respect her opinion but she respects my decision and i love her for understanding ,,,,all i can say is for anyone who wants to get cosmetic surgery ,,,,good luck but dont go crazy and dont do it cause you wanna look "hot" hot doesn't specify how you want to look ..

First | Prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | Next | Last