Message Boards

Topic : I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

Number of Replies: 585
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:58:50 pm
Author : dataimport
Why are you interested in changing your appearance surgically? Let us know your story and reasons.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 21, 2009, 1:49 pm CST

What you need to do

Quote From: mustbecrazy

Congratulations on going for your GED, and for the weight loss.

I can understand your depression...are you on meds for that??  You need to get some self-esteem that is not connected to your looks...I'm sure that you are a very nice person...I hope people can see beyond your physical "flaws"...good luck on the surgery...do your research to make sure that you get a good doctor...I hope that you can get the depression under control.

Good Luck...Becky

Man i signed up to this site just to send you this message.  Guy congrads on losing your weight you did good!!! But let me share this with you.  I use to weight around 265 at 6ft2  I lost down to 175pound and still had the cut and chest fat and thought I had real "man boobs"  Then out of the blue I stepped on a scale and out of disbelief my body fat % was still 20%.  So i decided to try to lower that to 10% or lower.  Dude I promise I got to 10% body fat I developed Abs and guess what  NO MORE MAN BOOBS.  I learned that my gut and my chest fat was the absolute last thing to go.  Unless you really have the rare condition I would say you have a 95% chance of you just having to much body fat.   If you are interested I will be glad to share workout routines to help accomplish your goal.  I know its embarrising and let me tell you the relief it is to have them gone!!!  if interested my email me   danielh@rose.net

January 28, 2009, 10:16 pm CST

I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

Im a future surgeon(crosses fingers). I dont really see a problem in plastic surgery. I think as long as you don't takeit to any extremes. I think it is a good thing to be the person you want to be. I do, however, feel that people should be comfortable in their own skin and with their own flaws. Yes, i know i completly contradicted myself, but to me it makes sense. I think that changing one or two thing about your physical appearence is fine. I know that some people need to feel comfortable with their outside to be comfortable with themselves on the inside. However; I think certain things like botox need to be done at a minimal if at all, and that is definitly something i would preach if i did become a plastic surgeon. I have thought about getting a breast augmentation but i have changed my mind since then. I am comfortable being the size i am, and the only reason i even thought  about changing them is because of what guys thought about me. I am only 17 so i have plenty of time later on in life if i want plastic surgery and it is definitly not something i would need anytime soon. I recomend waiting untill later on in lif eto get surgerys done, just because you might feel like it is not something you needed later on in life.

February 26, 2009, 3:40 pm CST

I want plastic surgery because

I am 54 years young.  I am so agitated with the way my body looks.  I have a difficult time looking at myself in the mirror without clothes.  I feel very shy about being naked.  My thighs need lipo and a lift.  My butt needs a lift. I would love for my breasts to be perky.  So far, I'm fine with my face, no wrinkles ,yet.  I just feel like I can't let myself enjoy sex because of feeling bad about the way my body looks.  I feel happy in all other aspects of my life.  I broke my ankle a year ago and put on about 35 lbs ,which I am working on.  I wish I could feel better about the way I look.  I know that I'm not supposed to look the way I did when I was even 35 but my mind won't let me accept the way I look now.  I don't believe that I am obsessed with it , I just want to feel sexy and look sexy again.     

March 16, 2009, 7:13 pm CDT

Normal Wannabe

I want plastic surgery because I hate my face, it was damaged in an accident, I have a hard time chewing food and I choke often, I do not go anywhere or talk to anyone unless I HAVE to! If I have to go out in public I hang my face low so people can not look at it, I can not wait until I can retire so I never have to go leave my home, I dread waking up and I can't wait until I can go to bed, sleeping is my favorite pass time, if I could just look normal I would be the happiest person in the world, I miss laughing with friends I miss family gatherings, I live alone with my teenage daughter, she knows how unhappy I am so she does not ask me to go anywhere.

March 24, 2009, 11:02 pm CDT

please help me!

I need surg very bad! on my arms ,thighs,face, and upper stumic! I looked 40 when i was 50! then i got diabetis and went on insulin. i gained 130 pounds. so the only way to lose and get off insulin was to have gastric bypass! i did 3 years ago, ive lost 134 pounds now, im disabled and on medical which paid for bypass, tummy tuck ,lower abd, and breast reduction! but the rest is considered cosmetic and they will not pay for it! it depresses me to look in the mirror! I never had very many wrinkles now with the weight loss i look 10 years older! will not date or swim because im so embarrased to show my body! i can send you pictures of me before the gain and after the gain and now. you  will see why im so depressed ! if you could help me ,i would be forever gratefull!  thank you, i love your show marta stoll

March 29, 2009, 8:27 pm CDT

I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

I have a few things to say about plastic surgery. 

First- STACIE- you need to contact medicaid in your state and fight for the removal of your teeth due to the potential for endocarditis and other infections.  This is not a dental issue, this is a medical issue.  If you still cannot get this done, you need to call a University based hospital where they have a dental resident program.  Call the nearest hospitals until you find a dental program.  Ask if they have a dental clinic- that's what you need.  Ask for the head of the program, and write or email that person directly.  Show them pictures of your teeth, and explain that you have a potential for endocarditis from this.  Teaching hospitals with dental programs are interested in rare and different cases, and hopefully you will find one that will take your case.  As far as other things, have you gotten a case worker with the county where you live?  You need to find all the resources you can get to get yourself back on your feet.  Sign up for housing, sign up for anything and everything you can get.  Career link,  food stamps, heating assistance etc etc.  anything, but you need somebody to help guide you through the system, and that's a case worker.  have you gotten help from MHMR for your child?  call the local county office and ask for the number. 

SECOND- I have had plastic surgery.  rhinoplasty and abdominoplasty.  it was the worst mistake ever.  It is extremely painful, they don't tell you about the lifelong problems you will have from this, or the potential problems.  when they cut off all that extra skin you are worried about, they pull and cut and sew.  when I scratch my belly button area, I feel it about 6 inches down.  Most of my mid abdominal area is numb, and apparently will be forever.  Because of the extreme disruption of my lymphatic system due to the cutting, pulling and reattaching, my upper body does not get rid of fluid the way it should.  This has resulted in my chest growing about 3 sizes, my arms looking like a dock worker when I always had thin arms, and my blood pressure increasing.  I have horrible heartburn due to the work they do during the surgery- which I never ever had in my life.  do you know that for about 4 weeks after a tummy tuck, you can't even stand up straight because of the pulling and cutting they do?  at 3 years post op my abdomen still hurts daily.  now my rhinoplasty.  after the first one- I couldn't breath through my nose.  they collapsed the inside of my nose by taking out too much bone.  after 2 years- they redid the rhinoplasty telling me that I would be able to breath after this procedure.  well I can't.  one nostril is bigger than the other, my family literally laughs at my nose at the dinner table, and I did this to look better?  they do not, and I repeat, do not tell you about how painful these procedures are, and how awful they are.  I now consider it legalized maiming of women because of all the surgeries being done.  think 300 times before you do this. 

April 21, 2009, 2:58 pm CDT

Plastic Surgery

I broke my nose when I was 12 years old and did not get it fixed.  I am now 44 years old.  Also I was a very heavy smoker for over 20 years and had recessed gum disease and did not have the money or insurance to get them fixed properly.  I lost several teeth and they gave me a partial plate and I was quite depressed for several years after that.  You wouldn't think loosing your teeth would be so upsetting but it was. I am very very self conscience at times.  It would be a dream come true to get it fixed. So yes several years and 50 pounds later, I would love to have plastic surgery and have my teeth fixed.

May 31, 2009, 12:22 pm CDT

HELP ME!

Please help me with my Fat! I have FAT TUMORS ALL OVER MY BODY. 

June 15, 2009, 3:46 pm CDT

of scarring

I have a lot of, well, what I think are bad scars on my legs and left arm. Actually this is my own fault since they're all self-inflicted; also my fault because if I'd gotten stiches instead of, like, getting my psychiatrist to help me they probably wouldn't be so bad. Not that you could stich up a word and have it come out normal, but that's only one case.

So if I could make them go away that would be GREAT. But since they're pale I don't think it would actually be possible to make them go away with cosmetic curgery. I've been thinking about tattooing over the ones on my upper right leg for now, but since I would have to cover almost my entire thigh I'm a little hesitant. Ideas, anyone? I'm totally open to suggestions.

(and I don't do this anymore, it's been several years, the Virgin Mary cured me [long story] so it isn't like, I don't know, this is an ongoing problem that I want to somehow keep hiding. I just want to be able to go swimming) 

July 29, 2009, 3:38 pm CDT

haf Bariatric surgery now need plastic surgery

I was disillusioned I think.

I have always been heavy. At my heaviest I was 275 and at 5'2" that's a ton of weight to cart around.

Last year everything came to a head I was getting many health problems happening at once along with depression.  I decided enough was enough --plus was single and wanted to date - being overweight forever dating was what it was.  miserable.

I decided to have gastric bypass surgery June 30, 2008.  To date I have lost about 100# I went from size 24 to 2-4 from 225# to 120# life is totally different in every way EXCEPT dating...

In clothes I look fantastic. I can suck everything in with tight underwear, stockings and support garments.

If I do wear shorts or forget to put on all the necessary underwear I hate my extra skin.

I have extra skin on my tummy, upper thighs and my breasts are totally deflated.  I feel very unfeminine, ugly and like a deflated fat person.  Insurance covers the one surgery but not others.  I am happier and healthier in so many areas but frustrated and upset in other areas.  I hate seeing myself naked. I'm terrified to become intimate with anyone or let any relationshhip get to that point out of fear.  I know I am thinner i just want to see that person in the mirror.  She needs to be tightened back up.  I can't afford to do this but have researched it and have started saving.  ANY help in this area would be totally appreciated so I can totally finish my tranformation.

I',m there weight wise and emotionally ready to finish this process..l. justneed to be there physically and I'm not.

Laurie

First | Prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | Next | Last