Message Boards

Topic : I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

Number of Replies: 585
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:58:50 pm
Author : dataimport
Why are you interested in changing your appearance surgically? Let us know your story and reasons.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 29, 2005, 9:41 am CDT

Need help in Kentucky!

Hello , I am 25 yrs old. I am a full time college student, a wife, and a mommy. I had my son 2 yrs ago. The pregnancy, was needles to say really rough on me. From the get go I started gaining weight like crazy. Now, I am not going to say that I was innocent, when it came to overindulging in food. Food to me was a true comfort. A lot of women talk about depression after having a baby, but mine began about a month into the pregnancy. I was never suicidal or anything like that. I was just really emotional. I would watch TV, and cry about commercials. Sometimes I would just cry because I was scared, about becoming a new mommy. I gained around 80 lbs. When I went to have my son they weighed me at 201. Now, all throughout my 9 months I was the coco butter momma, and it seemed to work really well. That is till the ninth month. My stomach dropped a full three inches, and the red squiggles appeared like crazy. I had a lot of problems with my hip because my little boy head rested on it making one leg longer than the other, so I had to go to physically therapy for it. As for the delivery, I had to end up getting a c-section. When the doctor sewed me back up he did it at the end of all the loose skin, and very loose. I am 5-3 and I did get back down to a healthy weight, everything looked really good and toned , but my sagging pudge. It looks awful. I even feel uncomfortable in the bedroom with my husband. No sexy teddy looks sexy if you have a saggy pudge sticking out. No amount of ex cerise is ever going to get rid of it.  We a a one income family household, and my husband is paying for me to attend college full time to achieve my dream of becoming a nurse, and paying for daycare 3 days a week. Things get tight sometimes and we can't afford the huge amount of money that you need to fix my problem. I love my son, so much he is a huge blessing, but I don't want anymore children. I also know that I will not change my mind. Please put me on your Santa wish list. I promise that if I get this done, It will not change the person that I am. I do have good (most of the time) self confidence in the person that I am, and this surgery is just going to help with self image issues.

November 1, 2005, 1:56 pm CST

I'm 18 with the breasts of an 80 yr old!!!!!!

Well my chest was never in the best of shape.  I got breasts at a very young age and they were HUGE compared to everyone throughout late elementary school, middle school, and even high school!  Early high school I became anorexic and lost a lot of weight really fast, then in IP and treatment I gained it all back in less than a month!  And now I'm felt with these reeeeally saggy breasts that I don't know what to do with!  They're not that big anymore, but just hang soooo far down.  I'm constantly pushing them up with my hands and imagining what it would look like to have normal breasts.  I always have to wear a bra too.  Even when I'm sleeping cause I just can't stand to feel my saggy boobs move as a turn over.  And it's sooo hard to find a bra that fits!  I mean, I'm 18 years old (or will be in 2 months) I shouldn't have 80 year old breasts!!!  So I am dead set on getting plastic surgery when I have enough money for it!  I don't want them enlarged or anything, like hollywood.  I just want all the extra skin taken away and a little lift. 

November 1, 2005, 8:27 pm CST

Young, yet aware...

...that I will not be growing anytime, soon.  

Hi Dr. Phil, how are you? I am a college student in PA, and my breasts have gotten smaller since I was 14. I used to weigh 150 pounds (I am 5'2", so this was alot of weight to carry) and I was constantly teased in grade school and high school. I'm going to be 20, soon, and I am 113 pounds. I used to have an eating disorder, and I am fully recovered. I'm very proud of myself, but even though I lost the weight in a healthy and am recovered, I feel as though I am not complete...I lost alot of breast tissue when I lost weight. I was supposed to go in for a breast augmentation on November 17th, now it won't be until the end of November/beginning of December if at ALL because of finances. I keep getting more and more depressed as the days go on and I see myself as a healed young woman, but my breasts are...missing.  

Also, my entire family needs work on their teeth. I have a younger brother who has Aspherger's Syndrome, and he has so many problems with his teeth-he needs extensive dental work. He's 14, and in high school now...I want him to feel confident. I also have an older brother who needs jaw surgery AND braces, or veneers. When he was about 12, he had braces put on by a horrible dentist, and they messed his teeth up even more. He's 21, now, and he's such a good-looking young man, but I know his teeth bother him. My younger sister is only 10, but she also needs braces. My teeth aren't the best, either. I have always wanted to get my family and my teeth fixed, but my parents have never had the means to do so. We struggle with just about everything. My mother only works part-time, and only gets about 640 dollars every 2 weeks for child support.  

Does anyone know of anyone who can help me, or my family? My e-mail is diversimplicity@yahoo.com 

Thank you to anyone who can offer support, advice..anything. 

Sincerely, Nicole 

November 1, 2005, 8:46 pm CST

I understand...

Quote From: s7e7v7e7n7

I have a problem with the size of my breasts... when i look at myself in the mirror all i see is small boobs... i dont see all the other nicer features i have... i have blond hair, blue eyes, im 5'4'' and about 130lbs... my ass is nice, i have a nice tummy, nice legs but i dont feel that my chest is proportioned with my body. 

I have listened to Dr. Phil before when he differentiates between self image and body image and i dont know whether it is my self image or my body image that needs to change.  I see the rst of my body as a nice body, why cant i see my breasts the same way.. I dont know whether i would change them if i had money to do so but it is something i have definitely thought about, time and time again... 

i dont think i would actually change them if i had the chance, so why am i so uncool with them... and how do i become ok with them if i am not willing to change them? 

I too am well proportioned in every other area except for my breasts. If you really do not want to proceed with surgery, I suggest maybe doing chest exercises to perk them up. This may help you feel alot better. Just tell yourself everyday that you are beautiful, it sounds silly, but look at yourself in the mirror and TELL yourself, "I am beautiful".

November 2, 2005, 12:28 pm CST

I want and get plastic surgery because.....

I am a 19- year old girl from Holland. Since i have breasts i can't remember other than that i have asymmetric breasts. The difference is 2 full cupsizes. In the last year i lost about 50 pounds. With the result that my large breast is really hanging, to much skin. 

That is the reason why i want plastic surgery! 

Now i am waiting for the date that i get it. I'm going to have an enlargement at one side. The other side gets a lift. 

So i think i have a pretty good reason for undergoing plastic surgery. 

Next year i am finally walking at the beach with confidence! 

( does anybody here have the (exact) same complaints?)  

November 2, 2005, 1:30 pm CST

I want Plastic Surgery

just to feel good about myself... 

I live a very healthy lifestyle. Get up every morning at 4.30 AM to do my cardio, and go to the gym 5 days a week. Next to that I eat healthy, don't smoke or drink, but still can't lose a few extra pounds... 

Working 40-50 hours a week, sitting still behind a computer, probably doesn't help. 

So, I met with a dr. and I will go under the knife in two weeks, I am so excited about it. It will be a small "extreme makeover"  I will have 5 procedures done. 

Rhinoplasty, fat injections in my lips, as well as these lines next to my nose/mouth, liposuction, and my breasts. I had breast augmentation two years ago, and am not really happy with the results I received. OF course, this is with a different dr. I can't wait. It will cost us a fortune, (I have a very supportive hubby) we could buy a new car for it, but it will be worth it. 

I have had mixed reactions to it. My friends think its great, others think I don't need it, I look good as it is, and others are against it, thinking I am too materialistic, money could be spend better elsewhere, and we need to accept our bodies as they are... well I think that's BS... you only live once, and if this is something that makes you happy, WHY NOT..... My nose has been bugging me for almost 25 years, being called witch in Highschool wasn't all that great to hear, so it's time.... and I can't wait. 

November 9, 2005, 2:33 am CST

i'm hurting

i'm tired of being different , i want to go to the pool in a bikini without having to hide . i want to go running in the mornings with my friends ,my chest is to heavy.
i want to wear summer clothes,feel good about myself &  live a normal teenage life  with my self.
i have no choice my back is killing me................

November 9, 2005, 4:58 am CST

I want to enjoy my success

I am a 26 year old who has gone from 200lbs from the birth of my daughter and being in a depressing marriage to losing the weight after two years  and then unexpectently have my son thus gaining more weight, and now happy to say that I weigh 120 lbs.  But after the weight loss from my son, I lost my chest.  I am not happy that I dont have a chest to make any really nice shirts "fit" right.  I would also like some lipo and a tummy tuck.  I wasn't always 200lbs....I actually only weighed 135 before my daughter was born.  So now I have some really nasty stretch marks in the bikini area, not like normal on the belly after having a kid. these marks are from being really "fat" and stretching the skin way too far.  I remember that I touched the sides of the tub and could not move around, now I have lots of room and will never go back yet I will never forget.  I just want to get some boobs so I look good in a b.suit and want to enjoy my hard work of weight loss.  I have gotten my tubes tied, so I can "fix" anything without the worry of anymore stretch marks.  My fiance owns a 1979 harley davidson and I would love to look good on the back.  Course one of these days I will have my own and want to look good driving it too. I was always a tomboy, growing up on a farm, but now I have a great man that I want to feel femine with....and not having a chest has made me self consious of myself.  I finally want to feel girly, but dont really feel girly without my chest.  the new me, the old me

November 9, 2005, 5:11 am CST

I want a gastric bypass

I would love to have a gastric bypass done!   I am 5ft 2in and weight 198 pounds.  Alot of people say I carry my weight well, but I can feel the weight and it is very uncomfortable.  My BMI is over 35!!!!  

I have tried everything  from diet pills, to dropping my calorie intake to 1200 a day.  Now my Dr. thought I could have a thyroid problem because I was diagnosed with a goiter, and come to find out that isn't it either.  Lately I have just been putting on the pounds, like 2-3 a week and my weight is totally out of control.  Can someone give some advice on what now can I do??? 

November 9, 2005, 5:31 am CST

I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

Quote From: bekahm

When I had my first daughter just after my 17th birthday I was left with tons of stretch marks and sagging breasts.  It has been an embarrassment my entire life.  I am small (105 lbs) and have lots of extra skin on my abdomen which has made me very sexual self conscious for the past 26 years.  I can't afford plastic surgery.  I know it would make so much difference in my life.  I have felt like I had the body of a 60 year old woman all these years.  I don't like anyone to see me naked.  It has been a very emotional issue for me.  My youngest daughter is graduating from high school June 2006 and I am going to be starting a new life.   Moving to warmer weather etc.  It would be so wonderful to have a new body to go along with my new life.  It would give me so much more confidence.  It would be great if I were ever chosen for a body makeover!!!!!
I know exactly how you feel!!!!  I am 31 years old, married and I am so ashamed for my husband to look at me.  Because of my weight, I look and feel 10yrs older than what I am.  I can't afford plastic surgery either, I have 5 children to take care of and a full time working mom.  But, I do wish you luck and hope you get the makeover because being body conscious can really have a devastating effect on your life and can last for years and years.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last