Message Boards

Topic : I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

Number of Replies: 585
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:58:50 pm
Author : dataimport
Why are you interested in changing your appearance surgically? Let us know your story and reasons.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 9, 2005, 9:10 am CST

Young Mother of Four

I have four beautiful daughters. I am 28 years old. Our Family is very well blended..ie Mine , Yours and Ours! I am very happy in my marriage and life, except for the way my body looks after the kids. I do not wear shorts or skirts ever. I never wear a bathing suit or even like for my husband to see my body. I have been considering a tummy tuck for a long time but can not afford it. I see my self as still a young woman with  a body that I very self conscious of. Please help!

November 9, 2005, 9:22 am CST

Plastic Surgery

Hello,  

I wanted to comment on the plastic surgery issue. I've wanted to have this type of surgery since after the birth of my last child back in May of 2004. My 2nd daughter was the hardest pregnancy I have ever experienced She came into the world at  9lbs 12oz. My abdomen was very distorted after giving birth. I later found out that I had a umbicial hernia. A couple months later, one night I thought I was in labor again. Found out that I had gallstones and that I need surgery right away. So I had my hernia repaired and the removal of my gallbladder.  And of course 3 months later the hernia was  back and I had to have another surgery. By now my stomach looks like an 80yr old womens butt. To this day I cannot stand looking at my self. My surgeon told me that I have to wait 1yr after my last surgery to even consider having a tummy tuck or anything else. I have been losing weight up to 30lbs loss so far, but my stomach still won't catch up to the rest of my body. So hopefully my bank account and or credit will be there to fund my surgery this summer. 

November 9, 2005, 9:33 am CST

Plastic Surjery

I am 65 years old and fairly attractive.  I have not had a date in 18 years as men seem to prefer younger big chested women.  I want a boob job a (c) would be nice and some work on the neck, stomack and face.  I feel young act young and want to have a fresher look and of course the better body to feel pretty.  My life is full and I have a very good relationship with my children.  When I meet men I feel selfconcious about my body image.  When I was in my 40's and early 50's I was in good shape but I gained and lost some wight and my body just collasped on me.  I would love to have a nice appearance for a morale boost to go along with my personality.

November 9, 2005, 10:18 am CST

I need plastic surgery because..

I have had 3 children.  My body looks as though it has been through a stretching machine and it won't go back to normal.  My loose skin flab around my stomach hangs over my pants and underwear. It's disgusting.  I can't wear any kind of top without it hanging out the bottom.  My breasts sag. When I lay down on my back my breasts actually sag underneath my armpits and my flabby stomach will slide down my sides and hips.  I look rediculous.  My husband refuses to spend any kind of money on plastic surgery. I'm already working nights just so we can keep on top of finances. In order to even pay for a tuck I'd have to get a day job and work at least 5 years to save up enough money. I'm so embarassed by the way that I look. I can't wear the clothes that I'd love to wear. I refuse to put a swim suit on ever. I've tried working out. As the trainer says, It's just skin and you can't lose skin.  What works for this?

November 9, 2005, 12:15 pm CST

Oh yes definately

I would love to have cosmetic denistry.  It seems I will have to wait for a miracle to occur, before that happens.   My teeth are what cause me be sad all the time, no job (but dont need one now), I have absolutely no confidence at ALL.

I feel bad for my child, because she has to be seen with me, and I am never smiling, thats probably why she doesnt smile, after all she always sees me not smiling, and they do learn from their moms.

It is my DREAM to have this done.  I would post a picture, but I dont know how, and thats probably good for the rest of you not to see.

As for the weight concerns, and all the rest.  I can deal with that, because I have lost weight before, and can do it again, but with no self confidence, its the only thing I feel I can control.

November 9, 2005, 12:16 pm CST

Surgery

I want plastic surgery due to my weight loss of 125 lbs. I started walking and eating correctly on 12-28-04. I am in my late 40's and everything I have has gone south. I have consulted with a surgeon and have decided at this time to have a tummy tuck, arm lift and breast lift the first round of surgery. Then I want to have a chin lift, eye brow lift and lower eye lift. After all this and I have had enough time to heal and save more money I'll have my legs and butt lifted. By that time I should be at my goal weight of 125.

November 9, 2005, 1:36 pm CST

Is it just vanity?

Hi Dr. Phil & readers...I am 63 and looking into improving my "tired and droopy" facial expression with a little help.  Pictures now a days just are unwelcome reminders that I am not showing to the world what's inside.  And being that I have a delightful man in my life makes me want even more to look my best. There is something to be said about having someone look at you as a terrifically attractive person - perhaps this is unrealistic - but I think not.  I certainly know that the way one looks will have an effect on the way one feels about oneself.  So the less done the better but I need all the information out there to make good sound decisions on how to spend the least, get improvements that work and not put my life in danger in the process - high risk does not equate in this picture as the bells go off in normal surgery so...no general anesthesia thank you very much. Dr. Phil, thanks for your shows and the information that has kept me informed about so many topics relevant to women today! Keep up the good work!

November 9, 2005, 5:27 pm CST

My Last Resort

I am considering plastic surgery because I have tried everything, and I mean everything else. For the past 5-yrs my weight has increased. I'm 45 yrs old and am 30lbs overweight. I have gone to every kind of dr. for help, the weight just keeps on coming. 5-yrs ago I was a size 8, I have increased to a size 14 over the past 5-yrs. I've had my metabolism checked and thyroid 2x. I was exercising 3x p/wk. Dr's told me exercise 5x p/week. I do. I have studied all the nutrition do's and don'ts. Good eating habits have become my lifestyle, to the point I don't want junk food or too much to eat at once. With all these measures I'm still 30lbs overweight and it's not budging! So, I've finally reached my last straw and made an appt. to see a plastic surgeon for a tummy tuck. Even when I was a size 8, I had a sagging tummy from having children but now. Wow, 80% of my fat seems to be in my stomach and it is discusting! I will not let my husband see me naked anymore. I can't even stand to look at my body in the mirror, I can't believe what I see and I'm baffled as to how I got this way. One dr. even told me I suffer from depression (from being overweight) and he prescribed me an anti-depressant drug that I decided not to take. I prayed instead and tried to accept what I cannot change. But there's still a day that doesn't go by that my ugly body doesn't bother me.
So maybe plastic surgery will help, it's got to.
Thanks for caring,
Jackie, Palm Coast FL

November 9, 2005, 6:45 pm CST

To improve the quality of my life...(seriously)

I have thought about this for years but there just hasn't been the ability to 'go for it' , so to speak.  I believe everyone feels they have an area that needs improvement.  I am certainly there with you!  However, the only thing I would really like to do is have liposuction due to 'saddlebags' (yuck!)  that keep me from wearing a bathing suit and many other clothes.  It is so frustrating to try to buy pants, try on 10+ pair, and not find any that remotely fit correctly.  Each summer I wear swim shorts, which are kind of like swim trunks...only they are for women.  I cannot wear a bathing suit.  It only accentuates this area and it's not pretty! :)  I am an average sized women (12), this is simply what my genes do for my jeans.  My 10 year old daughter always tells me that she feels badly for me because of it.  I do not mope around or anything because I don't want to project that type of attitude to my daughter.  I honestly don't have a horrible body image.  This is just simple fact.  There are lots of people who weigh much more than I do, but they can wear clothing that I just cannot.  I stay FAR AWAY from stretch jeans (they are the worst-why does EVERYTHING have to strech, or rather cling?)  I cannot wear knit pants or skirts, etc.  When I try on jeans they will either fit my hips or my waist, but not both.  If they fit my hip area, the waist is generally 6 inches too big.  It really is frustrating.  I think it would be so liberating to be able to shop and wear clothes that fit.  In the grand scheme of things, though I don't think this is at the top of my family's priority list.  I stayed home for many years to raise my children and now that I am working, it's time to get the financial house in order.  I have 2 children that are quickly approaching their adolescent/teen years and I can't see going into more debt just so I can fit into pants.  It makes me feel kind of silly even though it drives me crazy and makes me a bit sad at times.  Does anyone else feel this way?  There is definite guilt involved - I guess that's a mom thing!  Again, I think we all want to improve ourselves.  I want to be who I am...I just want the freedom that I believe would come from liposuction.  I just want to buy pants!  :-)  Thanks to everyone's posts - they're great!

November 9, 2005, 7:12 pm CST

I don't like what I see!

WHEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR I WANT TO CRY. I HAD MY 1ST CHILD AT 17 AND I SURE DID'NT KNOW MY BODY WOULD CHANGE LIKE IT HAS. THE SAD THING IS 20 YEARS LATER MY DAUGHTER WAS KILLED IN A CAR WRECK.  I'M 53 YEARS OLD NOW AND I REALLY  NEED A TUMMY TUCK BAD. MY TUMMY IS GETTING WORSE AS I GO THROUGH THIS THING US WOMEN CALL THE CHANGE OF LIFE. (YUK!!)  I,AM 25 LBS, OVERWEIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF DEPRESSION  . I'M WORKING  HARD TO GET THIS UNWANTED WEIGHT OFF. I DO PILATES 3X'S A WEEK WALK AND GO TO CURVES.  MY HUBBY TOLD ME IF I WANTED THIS TUMMY TUCK SO BAD I NEEDED TO GET A JOB. SO I DID. BUT AFTER I WAS SEXALLY HARASSED I QUIT.  I FEEL I WOULD BE ABLE TO CONTROL MY EATING DISORDER IF I KNOW I COULD CHANGE THIS UGLY TUMMY. I WOULD FEEL GOOD ABOUT ME AGAIN AND I COULD WEAR ALL THE CLOTHES I HAVE WITH PRIDE.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last