Message Boards

Topic : I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

Number of Replies: 585
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:58:50 pm
Author : dataimport
Why are you interested in changing your appearance surgically? Let us know your story and reasons.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 13, 2005, 11:18 pm CDT

I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

I just red some people's complains about how many of you feel desperate to do plastic surgery because of their weight and think I wish I could have your problem. I am not fat or over weight in fact I am in perfect normal weight for my high because I keep myself in shape 5 times a week . I don’t go to the gym or paying anyone money to help me to stay in shape. Because I can’t afford, I have to limit myself even in food, because I consider myself as a survivor. But  I am very discipline  about my routines, because I know this is good for my health. So, I work very hard on my own. I think many people go into the plastic surgery for weight lost because they  not strong enough to make their own first step and proof themselves that they can do it without anyone else. May be it’s takes longer but it’s possible to reach the goals for weight lost without surgery plus it’s can make you mentally stronger.

Why do you think I wish I could have your problem ?

Because  I feel  down that I can’t change in me with what I am not happy as only surgery can. I have a crooked legs and I am so tired and wearing pens. I love to look classy and my dream is to wear skirts, dresses and show my legs. From the head to my knee I am happy with myself but  after that I can’t enjoy been a woman. This is something what makes me so unhappy, insecure and often very depressed . I have to keep all this inside me and feel embarrass to share this with  my friends. All I want is just a straight legs!!! Sometime I look at my leg and I want to cut them off. When I was in High school I suffered emotionally so bed because everyone in the class teased me and made a fun of me. If there any exercised I could do to straighten  my legs I would do that 24/7 but unfortunately there is no any.  The only I can do is cosmetic surgery which was invented by Russian doctor  llizorov. And it’s cost between $70.000 -$100.00 and there is no way I can pay this. So, I have been suffering of this for 35 years now and going to be miserable about  it for the rest of my life. I don’t think if even I would have enough money to shop for  clothes I would enjoy it because I can’t buy that feminine clothes anyway. I can’t even talk about it  when I think about my legs I just want to cry.  

October 14, 2005, 11:58 am CDT

I feel so abnormal and alone

I am 44 years old and a recent widow. I have 2 wonderful children, ages 15 & 12. After doing research on the internet I am convinced that I have at least one Tuberous breast. Explanation: The breasts are not round, but narrow from the top to bottom resembling a tube shape. The skin is tight, especially below the nipple area. Often, the areolae are puffy and protrude making the breasts look abnormal.This has troubled me for many, many years, even my husband made fun of me many times. I need surgery to correct this deformity. My husband was an alcoholic, which has caused us financial hardship, but I feel that after years of neglecting myself, I am now in need of the slow process of building back my self-esteem. It has become a reality to me, that if I don’t take the steps to try and correct this problem, I may never have the ability to feel comfortable with myself, or with anybody else for that matter. I am scared that I may be living the rest of my life alone because I feel so ashamed of myself.Almost all of the plastic surgery stories that I seem to hear about out there are of women who all look fine to me, if only they had to live with such an abnormality. Is there anybody else out there that has to live with this everyday of their life and feels as alone as I do?

October 18, 2005, 12:56 pm CDT

Should I or Shouldn't I?

I am 19 years old and I am having trouble deciding whether or not to get cosmetic surgery. I have a nose that seems to me to be huge. All my life I have been called "beak girl", and one person even had the nerve to say "you might be kind of pretty if it werent for your f*cked up nose". This has caused me to have depressingly low self esteem. I have even gone to the point of hitting myself into the nose with my fist until it bleeds. I have thought about hitting it with a hammer so I would have to get a new one anyway. I hate it that much. I know this is not normal yet I am unsure what to do about it. I have gone to therapy and nothing seems to help, just when I begin to be somewhat okay with it, someone else laughs at me or makes fun of me. I am out of highschool and this thing happens on a daily basis. I am only 19 and the thought of living the rest of my life with this huge thing coming off my face depresses me to the max. It almost doesnt seem worth it. I know I need to love who I am and be proud of what God gave me, but it is just so hard. If I look down at my paper or the keyboard part of my vision is blocked due to my huge nose. It is so ugly. It's gotten to the point where I cant even believe my husband when he says I am beautiful because I think he's lying to me. I am happy with everything else about myself, I just dwell on this one issue. I have always dreamed about getting a new nose, and I am to the point where I would do literally anything. In my opinion, spending thousands of dollars on a new nose is cheaper than the years of therapy it will take to get me over this... and it might never happen this way. People are often telling me "its not your nose that is the issue, its your self esteem problem.. fixing your nose wont fix that. it's much deeper". but honestly, I can't think of any thing that would give me greater confidence. I can't even walk into a room without turning my entire head away from the people that are around me in fear they will see my nose. If I am talking to someone,  I am sure to look them directly in the face, to keep my face forward. I hated my wedding pictures because there were so many pictures of me from the side! Can anyone tell me if they think this may be right for me? Please reassure me I'm not crazy for wanting this.

October 18, 2005, 12:59 pm CDT

I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

Quote From: beckybee1

Everywhere I go I feel unfeminine because I have small breasts.  I have 3 young daughters and a fiance who I am sure would like to go to the beach once in a while, but I won't go.  I don't want to be seeing my fiance looking at the women there because they ALL have larger sized breasts and I would just want to die.    I hate this, I REALLY REALLY HATE IT!!!    I sometimes feel that man....at least if you are overweight and unhappy you can lose it.  I can't naturally gain just in one area, I hate not having control over my own size and if I were going to be different than everyone else...why not be sightly larger at least.  All I see everyday and have to deal with everyday are sign or bulletin boards and magazines in men's and women's, movies, motorcyces, trucks, cars, weighlifting...everything are big breasted women and that is whta all men like..it's a friggin' reminder of how ugly I am, how unfeminine I am, I hate being in public ...i can't be in public with my fiance.   I am paranoid all the time.  All of the time. 

Thanks. 

Bless your heart. I hate how the media shows beautiful woman with huge breasts. I have the same problem with my nose. I hate being in public with my husband because I feel my nose is so nasty and theres so many prettier woman with small noses. Keep your chin up, even though I am a stranger I am here for you and I hope that you feel better.

October 18, 2005, 3:56 pm CDT

My reason for wanting plastic surgery

(Caution: This may be more honest than you can handle) 

I was born with a rare congenital defect called hypomastia. Basically, my breasts never developed. If I did not wear a padded bra I would be as flat as a little girl or a woman who just had a bilateral radical mastectomy.  For me, breast augmentation would be considered non-routine and most plastic surgeons wouldn’t want to touch my case with a ten-foot pole due to the complications that could arise from such a procedure.  I watched the plastic surgery episode, but was a little taken back that the ladies requesting surgeries ALL appeared to be at least an A cup. I was surprised that they could even consider themselves “flat”.  I suppose in their eyes I would be considered a freak. Perhaps there would be a measure of sympathy to my face (while they get a self-esteem boost by cracking jokes behind my back).   

Getting a mammogram is an oxymoron for someone with my condition, yet this is all that most doctors offer because insurance does not cover the more expensive alternative screening technique. 

Hearing media pitches such as, “Real women have curves.” does nothing positive for my self-esteem and makes me feel alienated and unfeminine.  I just want to be able to look like a woman should in a bra or swimsuit.  No matter how much I gain or lose weight it will not affect the size of my breasts because the hormone receptors in my body are not working right.  What makes me even angrier is that a man can take estrogen and get his breasts to grow like a woman, but I cannot, because it will cause serious medical complications because my menstrual cycle functions just fine.    

My mom had no idea what to do with me other than suggest padding. Unfortunately, the idea that this is a valid coping solution is voided out the moment that I even think about getting involved with a man.  Nothing ruins a romantic moment like two giant pads falling to the floor. I am realistic enough to know better than to expect someone to put up with that. Especially considering that men are primarily visually oriented. My rotten luck.   

For now, I keep all relationships at the platonic level.  If I need someone to accept me unconditionally –I turn to my pets.  So, while I wait to put myself through school I can hope that technology changes and they find a treatment for this medical deformity.  Most likely I will get implants somewhere down the line when I cannot only afford the surgery, but also the maintenance associated with it. I don’t want to wait too long. I would like to be able to fill out a bra sometime before death or menopause.   

Well, there you have it. That is my reason for wanting plastic surgery.   

October 20, 2005, 5:01 pm CDT

Why I want plastic surgery

I am a unique individual.  That has been my motto for years.  My story is not much different than a majority of youthful people who suffer from obesity, but I feel it necessary to share my story and the reasons behind my wanting plastic surgery.  I am a normal person, I had a wonderful life, raised by two wonderful parents, a minister's kid, and some would say I had it all, but I was obese, addicted to food, and everything in my life was focused on the next meal.  Almost two years ago I had bariatric surgery, and it has been very successful.  I have 70 more pounds to lose, but have already went down from almost 500 pounds to almost half of that, unfortunately this leaves a lot of excess skin on my body.  I feel like my accomplishment is shrouded by the skin that hangs down from my arms, legs, and stomach, probabally an extra 40 pounds worth, and the doctors have said that it isn't just going to go away on it's own.  Unfortunately I was laid off from my job and have lost my insurance, which originally paid for my surgery, and therefore my hopes of having the reconstructive surgery have been all but demolished.  I have a wonderful fiancee' David who means the world to me, and has told me all along that it doesn't matter to him what I look like, but it is so hard to feel sexy or beautiful with the extra skin.  There are also health related issues involved, like frequent infections in the skin, and severe back pain from carrying the extra weight.  If I had one dream in life, it would be to eliminate this skin from my body, and be able to live a normal life with the individuals I love most.  This is my reason for wanting plastic surgery.  Does anyone know of a place or doctor that will perform such procedures at a reasonable cost?  I am a struggling college student. 

DPMMLG 

October 26, 2005, 4:57 am CDT

I can help!!!

Quote From: dpmmlg

I am a unique individual.  That has been my motto for years.  My story is not much different than a majority of youthful people who suffer from obesity, but I feel it necessary to share my story and the reasons behind my wanting plastic surgery.  I am a normal person, I had a wonderful life, raised by two wonderful parents, a minister's kid, and some would say I had it all, but I was obese, addicted to food, and everything in my life was focused on the next meal.  Almost two years ago I had bariatric surgery, and it has been very successful.  I have 70 more pounds to lose, but have already went down from almost 500 pounds to almost half of that, unfortunately this leaves a lot of excess skin on my body.  I feel like my accomplishment is shrouded by the skin that hangs down from my arms, legs, and stomach, probabally an extra 40 pounds worth, and the doctors have said that it isn't just going to go away on it's own.  Unfortunately I was laid off from my job and have lost my insurance, which originally paid for my surgery, and therefore my hopes of having the reconstructive surgery have been all but demolished.  I have a wonderful fiancee' David who means the world to me, and has told me all along that it doesn't matter to him what I look like, but it is so hard to feel sexy or beautiful with the extra skin.  There are also health related issues involved, like frequent infections in the skin, and severe back pain from carrying the extra weight.  If I had one dream in life, it would be to eliminate this skin from my body, and be able to live a normal life with the individuals I love most.  This is my reason for wanting plastic surgery.  Does anyone know of a place or doctor that will perform such procedures at a reasonable cost?  I am a struggling college student. 

DPMMLG 

I go to a place in the Illinois area they have been great  good surgeons, I have  tattoos on each of my arms and slowly getting them removed with lasor they told me it would take 4-8 treatments every 3 months it's a slow process. I want my tattoos removed because I want to remove that part of the past out of my life. My friend recommand them to me and I know a lot of people go to this place. I'm also  even getting my spider veins removed had them since I was 16 I had one treatment done and going on the second one. They look great my legs!  It's in Vernon Hills Illinois,  this is the only place I know at this time I trust these people.  I'm 40 years old and  want  to get breast implant and going to have them done too, as you get older they seem to sag. If I got a breast implant they would do it and I have GREAT experience with these people.  I want  microdermabrasion to remove some fine lines on my face and remove the blotches  from my face.  My boyfriend tells me I don't need plastic surgery, if this  makes me feel good about myself thatd what I'm going to do for me.  Thats all the needs to be done for now the breast implants might cost $5000 I'm saving up for that for next year.  

Congrats on your weight lost!  I hired a personal trainer in 2004I lost over 50 pounds and 

dropped from a size 12 to a 4 and 6.  If you need the number please respond....... 

October 26, 2005, 9:54 am CDT

Plastic Surgery

I was always a believer that we needed to be happy with what God gave us. Then it happened! My midsection gave out like a blown tire!  All of a sudden I had not one roll, but two! One above my navel and one below!. Nothing helps and with fashions being what they are, I hide myself under clothes that are too big. Granted, I have not always been fit or trim, but I now look like I weighed in well over my highest weight ever and lost alot of weight.  I have gone so far as to get an estimate for a tummy tuck and I just can't convince myself that spending that kind of money on myself is fair to my family.  I work ot regularly hoping to change the shape of things but I know its not going to help. Even lipo would not do the job. 

Pensive for Plastic Surgery - Tire Blowout Mama 

October 26, 2005, 11:12 am CDT

Need to boost self image

I want a tummy tuck soooo badly.  i will have on by next year. I will be 50 next November.  Think I am to old to be vain?? I don't have that great of a self image.  i think this will help.  Already had lyposuction (stupid) and breast lift. 

October 26, 2005, 11:16 am CDT

are you my twin??

Quote From: cricket756

I was always a believer that we needed to be happy with what God gave us. Then it happened! My midsection gave out like a blown tire!  All of a sudden I had not one roll, but two! One above my navel and one below!. Nothing helps and with fashions being what they are, I hide myself under clothes that are too big. Granted, I have not always been fit or trim, but I now look like I weighed in well over my highest weight ever and lost alot of weight.  I have gone so far as to get an estimate for a tummy tuck and I just can't convince myself that spending that kind of money on myself is fair to my family.  I work ot regularly hoping to change the shape of things but I know its not going to help. Even lipo would not do the job. 

Pensive for Plastic Surgery - Tire Blowout Mama 

I can relate ! You sound like me... I feel exactly the same way.  Maybe we are not alone. I work out and try to watch what I eat.  Very frustrated !! 

makada2 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last