Message Boards

Topic : I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

Number of Replies: 585
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 04:58:50 pm
Author : dataimport
Why are you interested in changing your appearance surgically? Let us know your story and reasons.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 26, 2005, 11:30 am CDT

embarrassed about my looks

As of right now I am 33 single mom and weigh a wooping 197 this is the most I have ever weighted. I started gaining weight after going through infertility treatments which made me gain the weight and then I went through depression because I could not get pregnant got over that when we adopted our son and 6 years later still trying to lose the weight.  

I hate going shopping for clothes cause lets face it there are not any cute clothes for people who are over weight. I workout all the time but the weight is just not coming off. I thought about plastic surgery and been to seminars about getting it done but it is just so expensive and ins. will not cover it. So as of right now I just have to deal with it and hope for a miracle or win the lottery one 

October 26, 2005, 12:17 pm CDT

3 children later....

I would like to have plastic surgery to fix my stomach.I have had three beautiful children who are truly blessings but my stomach is floppy now and its not too apealing.I have an appointment for a breast reduction consultation in december.after my kids were born my breasts never went back to normal size so I am stuck with extra large breasts.I cannot buy an outfit,I have to buy the pants seperate from the shirts.I wear an 18 pants and my shirts are an xxl.I hate it!and I just started a workout regimine and I want to lose the weight but I am worried if I do,where else am I going to sag?medicaid will be paying for my breast surgery but they will not pay for my stomach surgery.So,if I could have any plastic surgery done I would have my stomach done.

October 26, 2005, 12:56 pm CDT

beyond help

dr. phil, i am 37 yrs. old . i got married at 14 and had my first child at 16 , then my second at 18, third at 21. i have very ,very bad strecth marks on my stomach, the dr. said they were the worst he had seen. i have been like this since i was 16 yrs. old i would love to know how it feels to look normal.not only do i have stretch marks, my stomach is flabby at the bottom. i have lost 65 pounds,  i also need breast implants, my poor breast look like hanging bags of empty skin. i have spent my life giving to my kids, i have never had money to spend for myself. i have always wanted to look and feel normal but i always put my kids first. no one can understand how it feels to be ashamed to even get undressed in front of your own husband,i have felt like this all my life, i pray every day that one day i can get help,i would love to have plastic surgery, i deserve to be proud of my body, i worked hard to lose the weight, but my body don't look like it. 3 good things has come from all this heartache and it was worth all this shame about my body ,my  3 wonderful children,i love them more than life it self.

October 26, 2005, 1:21 pm CDT

I Want Plastic Surgery Because...

dr. phil i am 24 years old and i have large breast. i wear a dd and sometimes i can wear a f. i can't find anyshirts to fit the top and the middle. when i buy a shirt the top is usually snug and the muddle is very loose at the bottom.  when i sit on the floor to play with the kids i normally get furstrated because after a hour or so im in sever pain. the pressure is to much.the doctors agreed that i need surgy soon or i will have magior medical problems when im in my forties. i have indentions in my shoulders from where the straps sit. i had a hard time in school i never did any activities because someone always had a coment on how the bounced. the good news is that i suvived school. i  got on blue cross blue sheild insuranse and i was really excited then when i called to get a appotiment to get a reduction they told me that it isn't covered. i was really depressed. i do good to everyone and i never have anything good in retturn. after i found this out i had to save my money to have a historectomy. now i am healing from this surgy. i tryed to use our credit to get a loan but my husband filed bankrucpy from the bills he had left over from his ex- wife. dr. phil i have try everything please help!!!! l

October 26, 2005, 1:56 pm CDT

Correcting Ear Piercing

Here is my Plastic Surgery Question.  I was thinking about this today.  I had my ears pierced when I was 6 years old and now that I am an adult one of the piercing's is lower and not centered.  I wonder if there is a way to  close that and repierce it so it is centered and even.  It probably is not that noticeable but just curious because I worry if weight could tear it over time?  No problems at this time, but trying to prevent it.

October 26, 2005, 2:53 pm CDT

Cheer up

Quote From: cheerio576

Bless your heart. I hate how the media shows beautiful woman with huge breasts. I have the same problem with my nose. I hate being in public with my husband because I feel my nose is so nasty and theres so many prettier woman with small noses. Keep your chin up, even though I am a stranger I am here for you and I hope that you feel better.
Your message made me so sad that I registered just so I could reply.  I know that it can be hard to feel different or ugly by the medias standards, everyone feels that way about some part of their body. I myself am self concious about my weight and height. I am almost 6ft, and not a super model, so instead I just feel like a giant. I always felt like once I fell in love with someone, they would make me fell better about myself. But I finally realized that no one would love me until I loved myself! We hear that all the time, but it couldn't be more true. It is important to be proactive about things that you can do to change your life and make you happier, but constantly feeling paranoid and worthless is no way to live. Especially since you have three young daughters! How can you tell them that they are beautiful no matter what if you yourself judge your worth based on your breast size? Another small reminder, having small breasts (or being a big woman like me) is NOT the worst thing in the world. Read some of the other posts, and imagine what it would be like to have no breasts at all, or be a man with breasts......stay positive, and remind yourself what is wonderful about you, not what you hate. And don't compare yourself to media standards, that will get you nowhere you want to be.

October 26, 2005, 2:59 pm CDT

plastic surgery

I JUST WENT TO SEE A PLASTIC SURGEON ON THURSDAY OF LAST WEEK MY DOCTOR RECOMMENDED A BREAST REDUCTION AND I  WILL BE HAVING THE SURGERY IN THE UP COMING MONTHS I AM WAITING ON MY COMFIRMATION FROM MY INSURANCE BUT I AM VERY NERVOUS ABOUT THE PRECEDURE AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A LITTLE MORE INFO ON THIS OR HEAR FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS ALREADY HAD THE PROCEDURE DONE MY DR IS A VERY WELL EDUCATED MAN BUT I AM STILL A LITTLE UNEASY  

October 26, 2005, 3:11 pm CDT

too young to look so old

When I had my first daughter just after my 17th birthday I was left with tons of stretch marks and sagging breasts.  It has been an embarrassment my entire life.  I am small (105 lbs) and have lots of extra skin on my abdomen which has made me very sexual self conscious for the past 26 years.  I can't afford plastic surgery.  I know it would make so much difference in my life.  I have felt like I had the body of a 60 year old woman all these years.  I don't like anyone to see me naked.  It has been a very emotional issue for me.  My youngest daughter is graduating from high school June 2006 and I am going to be starting a new life.   Moving to warmer weather etc.  It would be so wonderful to have a new body to go along with my new life.  It would give me so much more confidence.  It would be great if I were ever chosen for a body makeover!!!!!

October 26, 2005, 3:20 pm CDT

i can understand

Quote From: krickette

dr. phil, i am 37 yrs. old . i got married at 14 and had my first child at 16 , then my second at 18, third at 21. i have very ,very bad strecth marks on my stomach, the dr. said they were the worst he had seen. i have been like this since i was 16 yrs. old i would love to know how it feels to look normal.not only do i have stretch marks, my stomach is flabby at the bottom. i have lost 65 pounds,  i also need breast implants, my poor breast look like hanging bags of empty skin. i have spent my life giving to my kids, i have never had money to spend for myself. i have always wanted to look and feel normal but i always put my kids first. no one can understand how it feels to be ashamed to even get undressed in front of your own husband,i have felt like this all my life, i pray every day that one day i can get help,i would love to have plastic surgery, i deserve to be proud of my body, i worked hard to lose the weight, but my body don't look like it. 3 good things has come from all this heartache and it was worth all this shame about my body ,my  3 wonderful children,i love them more than life it self.
 I can understand exactly how you feel.  I am you and you are me.  We are in the exact same boat.  I have been ashamed of my body for the past 26 years.  I don't know what if feels like to have worn a bikini, felt sexy, been unashamed .  It creates such a sense of being self conscious that it has stopped me from dating at times due to fear that he might see me naked at some point.  It's horrible and I truly can understand.  I too would like to feel normal before I die.  I have massive stretchmarks, extra skin, sagging breasts...the whole thing. I even have stretch marks behind my knees!!  I weigh 105 lbs and people say "oh gain some weight and fill out the skin"....it's not that easy ..for one thing I just don't gain weight and for another ..gaining weight will not fix the problem.  I also now have an ugly scar from a hysterectomy which only adds to the disgust.

October 26, 2005, 4:17 pm CDT

Desperate for plastic surgery

I am 29 years old, a mother of 2, married, and desperate for breast augmentation. Since having my kids (both of which I breastfed) I now have breasts that are 2 different sizes (a whole cup size difference). I have been to a consultation with a plastic surgeon and even the doctor agreed, saying he would have to use a much bigger implant on one side than the other. I am so self conscious that I have a hard time taking off my bra/shirt in front of my husband. It interferes with our "intimate" relationship. I won't take my kids to the beach because I am embarrassed at how I look in a swimsuit. I can't wear any tops that require going without a bra. I have to wear push up bras and pad one side a lot more than the other....etc, etc. 

I was actually an audience member at the Season premiere show. I had been called to come down for the "pre-taping" in which they chose the girls who received the free augmentation. Unfortunately, I had to choose between that or seeing my brother who was only going to be in town for one day. I unselfishly chose my family. I can't help thinking I may have been fortunate enough to be selected for the augmentation, had I gone down there. I was even more disappointed when I went to the show and had to watch as a girl who maybe weighed 90 lbs receive free augmentation just because she wanted to be able to shop and fit in something other than kids clothes. I felt the girl who had lost a lot of weight really deserved it though.  

Anyway, I am awaiting a call from the plastic surgeon to schedule surgery. Soon I hope I will have normal looking breasts.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last