Message Boards

Topic : 09/11 Biggest Love Mistakes

Number of Replies: 155
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 08, 2006, 01:42:51 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Is your friend or loved one making a serious error in judgment? Is he or she falling for or about to marry the wrong person? Christa thinks her husband, Matt, is having an emotional affair with their adopted 18-year-old daughter, Nadia. She says he even gave Nadia a private cell phone so just the two of them could talk. Matt feels that Christa is overreacting and has always been jealous. Is Matt just a doting father, or is he acting inappropriately with Nadia? Then, Jaime feels guilty for being in love with the man who killed her brother 12 years ago. The man is still in prison, but Jaime believes he's rehabilitated. Her family friend, Sue, says the affair needs to stop right now. Is Jaime's heart in the right place, or is she being conned? Share yur thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2006, 7:31 am CDT

09/11 Biggest Love Mistakes

Quote From: dotell

Sorry to inform you but your daughter is not normal. Four children with four different fathers. That's a family of five adults, four children. Her new man is not either. Two children with one father and two mothers. Do the sums, that's eight adults to 6 children. If she and he have a child and the other five partners have at least one that's another another six children. Do the maths, that's twelve children and another five adults, that's the original eight and a further five. Thirteen parents to twelve children and you think that that is normal. I quiery you analysis that any of this is normal. As for the grandchild I would definately seek coucilling for her and very soon and for some time and keep her distanced from her mother. Usually when a teen starts to mutilate her/his body they think that they are totally unworthy and do it to punish themselves. They are prone to suicide. You must build up her confidence. Make a special effort to praise her for all that she does well. Work on her appearance and her self-esteem. Do not tell her that her mother is normal. If you don't want to critise your daughter say nothing and keep her away from those who would critise her. There's not much you can do for the other children unless they are placed in her care. The best of luck and I hope that all goes well for the two of you. There is no hope for your daughter.

First of all there is hope for her daughter. She is in a bad situation and has made some bad choices but she could turn things around for her children if she wanted to. Also the mother did not say that her daghter was normal she said that she had other normal chidren. I have three children from three different men and I've never been married. I basically had two long relationships, one with a man the beat my ass for eight years not to mention all the cheating that he did, and another with an alcoholic as well as a drug adict both in and out of jail. I knew that what I was doing was wrong so I picked up and moved out of state. People can change but the focus needs to be on the children!  

September 10, 2006, 8:04 am CDT

Always go with your 1rst mine

As for the woman who feels her husband is messing with their adopted daughter, TAKE THE BLINDERS OFF!! It's happening!

The woman who's in love with her brother's killer, she needs a REALLY BIG DOSE OF graphic,descriptive discussion which I'm very good at. Someone needs to make her see all the ugly facts and possibilities in deluding herself that this man is worth the time of day!

September 10, 2006, 8:56 am CDT

I Tend to Agree a Bit

Quote From: christy3

If you find it boring, then don't watch the show.  I've learned a lot of things on relationships and rearing children that have educated me to live a better life with my husband and child without paying for counseling.  I think the show is educational and so are his books.  Some of the shows are a little redundant and the topics are drastic, but really, it's real life and about how to handle everday lives.

It's not so much that I find it boring; I just believe that there are SO MANY things in this world that are going on that are so bad-that these are both matters that are pretty much NO BRAINERS!!!???
Along with the World everyday; we just had a taste of the BIG BAD WORLD in our own community, never realizing how bad it really is out there.  We had a murderer on the lam here for 5 months right here in our small county that had broken out of prison.  In his long line of criminal activities while he was causing chasos in our area; he shot 3 New York State Troopers; one of which died and left behind a wife and a 13 month old son!!
I'm sorry for what you women are going thru, and I will pray for your families-but if you would just use your heads; you honestly know what is right and what is wrong-and would make the proper decisions!!
God Bless you all.
heren48@excite.com

September 10, 2006, 9:30 am CDT

I have learned

I have learned through all of my bad relationships and other situations not to look at them as really horrible or bad, but a learning experience.  It only starts to become a problem when I keep forgetting what I had to put up with and go through when I consistently keep going for the same stupid mistakes and getting no real results or the results that I would hope give me better outcomes.  Like expecting to get tomatoes off of an Apple Tree....Ain't gonna happen.....I am glad that through all my bad experiences I can look with confidence at the future and hope the same thing for you......you either like where you're at or you will go on and press on through the revolving door out an unfruitful or uneventful relationship on to greater a mightier [ MUCH BETTER ] things.  And never never ever feel you are the screw up -- because it takes two and you can figure this out for yourself [ is it worth the money ] to invest into someone I hardly know or go for it and pay for it later....like $800.00 on a divorce or take time to make it work.....and have a healthy relationship with a person that is not out for a nursemaid and a roof - 3 squares a day.......not acceptable from a grown up -- maybe from a child -- but you look real hard and good at this person and ask yourself is this person a responsible and very accountable individual that I can grow with and think and talk with and bond with and do things together with without having to look over my shoulder or having to give blow by blow discriptions......I never plan to rush into anything ever again.......not worth it......He must not be condesending or abusive in any way [ INSECURE ] see - I am 45 and I don't have time to be played for stupid.......if the other person detects any kind of insecurity in you --- you are fair game......be warned and keep safe and keep making decisions that will work for you ---- start living for you and not other people --- not to the point that you would fall into a selfish catagory to get back at all the other loser relationships you have been through.......it will all be alright in the end.....keep your chin up and May God Bless You Richly.

September 10, 2006, 1:44 pm CDT

needs help

I know this family and both need help.

September 10, 2006, 2:46 pm CDT

Woman in Love with Prisoner

I have a difficult time believing that Jamie can be in love with a man who killed her brother.  All that I can figure out is that Jamie must have wanted to be through with her brother, and this is her way of

repaying the man in prison.  I do think that Jamie is being very foolish.  Doesn't she realize that if the man has killed once, he can certainly do it again?  For whatever reason that he committed this murder, it is not justified.  You don't solve problems by killing.  I think that Jamie needs a reality check.  She is treading a very dangerous path.  I sure hope that she has ears to hear what Dr. Phil

has to say on the matter.  Moreover, I hope Jamie also has a brain to absorb it.

September 10, 2006, 4:30 pm CDT

Adopted Daughter Nadia

Quote From: divatude1

As for the woman who feels her husband is messing with their adopted daughter, TAKE THE BLINDERS OFF!! It's happening!

The woman who's in love with her brother's killer, she needs a REALLY BIG DOSE OF graphic,descriptive discussion which I'm very good at. Someone needs to make her see all the ugly facts and possibilities in deluding herself that this man is worth the time of day!

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

This woman needs to learn the meaning of "loyalty" even if a relationship is developing the fact that he killed her brother is in their history together. EEEEWWWWW.

September 10, 2006, 6:47 pm CDT

does the name...

Quote From: trinket

When you see this woman again.  Your going to give her this information.

GROWW.ORG  (Grief Recovery Website for widdows and Widowers)

Better yet.. get a hold of her and give her the info now... so she can go there and make freinds of support.

By the time the holidays come around ? She'll be too busy wiith her new found and understanding friends to bother with your husband.

Fight fire with Fire.

Elizabeth Taylor ring a bell?  Eddie Fisher came around to "comfort" the widow Liz when her husband Mike Todd was killed in a plane crash.  And we all know what happend there. 

If your husband is welcoming and seeking attention from another woman, something is wrong. 

September 10, 2006, 6:58 pm CDT

Do your most OR let GO !!!

I can't help but think how somebody could be the slightest bit confused about these circmstances. And it is not to say that (maybe some)guys locked up are sincere. But this girl is way to young to tell the difference to begin with and is only looking for the "adventure," if you will.

If & when this guy gets out, I hope she waits & sees if he goes to any other programs to help get himself together. Whatever they may be is important also.( If not !!!! Run like all H*ll !!!) Most men are capable of being rehabilitated and I know a few personally. And then there are the others that are already in too deep and will never get out of their own way. And it is also tough enough for a man to see this in another man, and have an obvious misleading & addictive personality, and most women don't have a chance in seeing this for many reasons.

If I were this girls Father, I'd send her away overseas to school. And that is no brag, just fact.

Peace Out,

Butch

September 11, 2006, 3:20 am CDT

What better way.....

........then to get out of prison. Con one of the family members and boom! Your out! This young lady needs to see this now before it's to late. Rehabbed or not, she needs to get away and leave this jerk.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last