Message Boards

Topic : 09/12 Inside My Heart

Number of Replies: 178
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 08, 2006, 01:44:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You’ve seen her take Dr. Phil’s hand after every show and walk him off stage. You’ve heard her input on parenting, empty nest syndrome and menopause. Today, Robin shares the stage with Dr. Phil to celebrate the release of her debut book Inside My Heart: Choosing to Live with Passion and Purpose. Follow Robin’s poignant journey as she travels back to her childhood roots and gives a glimpse into the life-changing moments that helped her become an empowered woman. She talks candidly about her father’s alcohol addiction, and also about her mother’s tragic death. Then, five of Robin’s biggest fans are waiting backstage and have no idea what’s in store for them! Plus, meet a young woman who says she regrets becoming a mother and thinks about just walking away. Robin gives her advice on coping with post-pregnancy blues. And, actress Morgan Fairchild helps Robin kick off a very important campaign for women! Talk about the show here.

To enter "Robin's 50 & Fabulous Search," send your videotapes to:

Dr. Phil
5482 Wilshire Blvd., #1902
Los Angeles, CA 90036.

Tapes can be of any length and in any format. Be creative!

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 4, 2006, 6:43 am CDT

Who loves Robin's book??

I know I do. I just bought it a couple of days ago and I just can't put it down. I have so many different emotions while reading it that I feel like I need to talk to someone else who is reading the book too. I would really like to find others who are reading the book that would love to have a book discussion with me. Please e-mail me if you are interested because I can't think of any other way to find people who are reading the book to talk about it.

a_kingdomof4@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,

Brandi

October 4, 2006, 6:45 am CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Quote From: virgowoman

Just after the show aired, I bought Robin's book at Wal-Mart for just under $18.  We Arkansans are proud of the late Sam Walton for his original idea of affordable pricing all those many years ago.
I was able to find it a Kroger for $14.99, our wal-mart had it for $17.96

October 4, 2006, 9:04 am CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Quote From: lostgirl

my email address is lostgirl770@yahoo.com

hugggsss

I'll be set free one day...

October 4, 2006, 9:43 am CDT

Everyone loves it!

Quote From: alderman05

I know I do. I just bought it a couple of days ago and I just can't put it down. I have so many different emotions while reading it that I feel like I need to talk to someone else who is reading the book too. I would really like to find others who are reading the book that would love to have a book discussion with me. Please e-mail me if you are interested because I can't think of any other way to find people who are reading the book to talk about it.

a_kingdomof4@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,

Brandi

Hey there Brandi! I am one of the five chosen to first read Robin's book. I was so honored. At first I was like, " who am I to critique a book?!" I absolutely LOVED it! I was amazed to discover that Robin has "walked a mile in our shoes" so to speak. She is so down to earth and sincerely sweet...I just love her personality! She's at ease with who she is and what she's about that when I met her...I didn't flip out like you might if a movie star entered the room because at this point I had already read the book. Robin truly invites you inside her heart! Her surprise visit that day felt incredibly comfortable... it was like your best friend ( that you've been missing) walked into the room! I love the show and have benefited from the McGraw's insight! I say the" McGraw's" (plural) because Dr.Phil, Jay and Robin have all become authors. It's really a team effort and society benefits as a whole when people are taught to "DO BETTER" in life. It makes the world a better place when people use their God given gifts and talent to help educate others to a more fruitful life. I am thrilled to have Dr.Phil as a "life manager"...he reminds me of my dad who gives just the best~ most thought out~ advice! Now ...we girls get to hear from Robin, someone who understands our unique point of view as women! I hope she writes many more books! Have you read the whole book yet? Let me know when you get to the part about the "TRUNK" ...you'll know what I mean when you get there..it's a hoot!

November 17, 2006, 3:59 pm CST

Thankyou Nora

Quote From: noraann

Dee, please do me a favor since you like to be kind to others......wake up tomorrow morning and look in to that mirror and repeat this....."I am a wonderful child of Gods. I am beautiful, honest and self worthy. Because God does not make junk!" "I am very special and I will live my life for God then for myself and then for my family." You are a good person Dee. Don't ever forget that. We all have a life that has dealt us a bad hit. I could write a book and it would make your skin crawl about my life. But God gave us a brain that sits inside our head, and we have to make that choice on how to use it. If we can't figure it out, then there is people like me, and others that are willing to help and encourage you to succeed in your life. You said you have a wonderful family, (husband?) Then share with him/them on how you feel, ask them for help. Seek out counseling to help yourself. There are several things you can do to help yourself. I get the idea that there may have been a form of abuse that you had no control over....? If so than I can help........I got my degree in abuse, from the University of hard knocks! So let me know, I can help. We have another posting board here on Dr Phil's site that you may benefit from. It is a great group, you are welcome to join us.....if you would like. I know we would like to have you join us.......Please let me know? Thanks Dee, and remember, you are special, to yourself and to God......Nora
for your words, sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been trying to do as you suggested and look at myself in the mirror and say something positive. I know we can't change what happened in the past, even when it wasn't my fault, I just hope that I can instill some positive words in my children. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a rut. I have great ideas that I know would be successful, but I never follow through to see if they will work, it's almost as if I'm afraid of becoming succesful, so I talk myself out of good ideas, so I just settle for just Ok. My husband and family are wonderful, and I thank God everyday that I get to share in their worlds. I know that success is more than financial, although this wouldn't hurt. If we go out where there is a group of people having a discussion about something, I'll just sit there for hours listening but not contributing to the conversation, sometimes I hate the sound of my voice. I know your spouse is someone who you should share your concerns and hope with, but I don't. Anyways, thanks for listening. I do not want to be on the Dr. Phil show, as wonderful as he seems, I am very shy.

January 10, 2007, 1:33 pm CST

Finished & Passed it on

The book was awesome! I  enjoyed it tremendously & then passed it to someone who really liked it & now my mom has it. Man, I hope everyone else enjoyed it & passes it on to a friend or love one so they can enjoy it as well.

September 14, 2007, 1:58 pm CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

ROBIN I READ YOUR BOOK LAST YEAR AFTER I FELL AND BROKE MY ARM.I HADN'T READ A BOOK IN YEARS BUT WHEN I STARTED TO READ IT I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN. YOU SEE MY HUSBAND DIED FROM KIDNEY CANCER.IT WILL BE FOUR YEAR 'STHIS THANKSGIVING DAY.WHEN WE FOUND OUT HE WAS ALREADY STAGE 4 .HE HAD NO SYSTEMS.HE MADE THE DECISION NOT TO GO THREW TREATMENTS.THEY SAID IT WOULDN'T HELP AND IT WOULD MAKE HIM REALLY SICK.HE DIDN'T WANT THE TIME HE HAD LEFTTO BE SO SICK. WE WERE MARRIED FOR 31 YEARS.IT'S THE HARDEST THING I'VE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH.I SAW MYSELF IN YOU THE LOVE YOU SEEM TO HAVE FOR DR PHIL AND YOUR FAMILY.I CRIED ALOT I LAUGHED AND JUST FELT PLAIN GOOD AFTER I READ IT. YOU HAVE A GIFT IN YOUR WRITING. I HAD BEEN HAVING A BAD TIME AND STILL HAVE MY BAD DAYS. THE LOVE WE SHARED WAS BEYOND BELIEF. WE DIDN'T CARE IF WE WENT OUT OR NOT IT DIDN'T MATER JUST SO WE WERE TOGEATHER. HE'D BE MOWING THE YARD AND BE AS DIRTY AS HE COULD BE THE NEXT THING I KNEW HE'D COME CARRYING IN A YELLOW ROSE AND TELL ME HE LOVED ME.I DIDN'T CARE IF HE WAS SLEEPING I COULD SIT AND WATCH HIM.AS OUR CHILDREN GOT OLDER WE HAD DATE NIGHT.THE GRANDKIDS WOULD WANT TO SPEND THE NIGHT HE'D TELL THEM NOT TO NIGHT THAT WE HAD A DATE.SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I'M WATCHING A MOVIE OF SOMEONE ELSES LIFE.I SPEND ALOT OF TIME WITH THE GRANDKIDS NOW.I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE. I HOPE SOMEDAY I'LL FIND SOMEONE. I KNOW I'LL NEVER HAVE WHAT I HAD WITH HIM,BUT THAT IS O.K.THERE'S A SONG BY BROKES AND DUNN,THE RED DIRT ROAD.IN TENN. WHERE MY HUSBAND LIVE THERE WASGROWING UP THERE WAS THIS ROAD WHERE THE BLACKTOP ENDS AND THE RED CLAY STARTED AND MY NAME IS MARY. I CAN THINK ABOUT HIM NOW WITHOUT CRYING.I FEEL LIKE SOMETIMES I WAS LIVING IN A DREAM WORLD AND WOKE UP TO REAL LIFE.I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THE NEXT PHASE OF MY LIFE TO START IT'S AT A STAND STILL .I HATE NOT HAVING SOMEONE TO SHARE THINGS WITH AND NOT HAVING SOMEONE TO TALK TO AND KNOW THAT IT WON'T GO ANY FARTHER.THANKS AGAIN FOR WRITING YOUR BOOK. WHEN'S THE NEXT ONE COMING OUT?I'M WAITING.

November 11, 2007, 3:08 pm CST

Yeaaaaah I've finished my book

Hi everyone,

Just want you to know that I have finished my book and it is in the process of being published. I know that in a matter of  time my work will do what God intended for it to do. Reach out and touch many people who have had many problems in their lives from being abandoned, raped, beaten, and ultimately addicted to drugs. Come on guys, just a small request from Dr. Phil to look at the manuscript on cd and I would be in heaven. And after you read this book, you will know that it was written for a reason that exceeds all boundaries and reasoning. I am sure that I am soon to experience the spiritual rewards of why I went through hell. And no, I do not mean monetary rewards. My life has been for a reason and I know from the depths of my heart and soul that this message from this book is one of the most profound reasons that I am here.

Sincerely

Dee

First | Prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next Page | Last Page