Message Boards

Topic : 09/12 Inside My Heart

Number of Replies: 178
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 08, 2006, 01:44:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You’ve seen her take Dr. Phil’s hand after every show and walk him off stage. You’ve heard her input on parenting, empty nest syndrome and menopause. Today, Robin shares the stage with Dr. Phil to celebrate the release of her debut book Inside My Heart: Choosing to Live with Passion and Purpose. Follow Robin’s poignant journey as she travels back to her childhood roots and gives a glimpse into the life-changing moments that helped her become an empowered woman. She talks candidly about her father’s alcohol addiction, and also about her mother’s tragic death. Then, five of Robin’s biggest fans are waiting backstage and have no idea what’s in store for them! Plus, meet a young woman who says she regrets becoming a mother and thinks about just walking away. Robin gives her advice on coping with post-pregnancy blues. And, actress Morgan Fairchild helps Robin kick off a very important campaign for women! Talk about the show here.

To enter "Robin's 50 & Fabulous Search," send your videotapes to:

Dr. Phil
5482 Wilshire Blvd., #1902
Los Angeles, CA 90036.

Tapes can be of any length and in any format. Be creative!

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 9, 2006, 8:13 pm CDT

Inside My Heart

I have a feeling that this is an interesting book which am sure everybody would enjoy reading. I love reading and i hope to read it one day. good luck to you all

September 10, 2006, 12:16 am CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

I'm in Australia, so we are quite a few months behind.  I'm kind of looking forward to it, but I'm a bit concerned with Morgan Fairchild and the "important campaign for women".  Surely Robin isn't a pro-abort!!!!!!!  I know Morgan Fairchild is!

Guess I'll find out from the message board after the airing.

September 10, 2006, 4:14 am CDT

Way to Go Robin

Robin, I can't wait to read your book. You are such an inspiration to me. You have helped me so much, to deal with the life changes I have been going through. I work the day shift, so I tape Dr. Phil everyday, so I never miss an episode. You are a Beautiful, Classy, Lady.

My father was an alcoholic too, and my Mom has since passed away too. I can't wait to read how you have coped, to become the Wonderful Lady you are today.

Carols47

September 10, 2006, 4:26 am CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Robin,

I'm so happy for you.  I can't wait to read the book I love to hear you insight on issues that people are dealing with can't wait to see you on tues good luck to all of you and God Bless kristyl from pa

September 10, 2006, 7:53 am CDT

I knew you would THANK YOU

Dear Robin cannot wait to read your book thank you so much for all the inspiration you have already given to us women. God bless and keep you. Sharon

September 10, 2006, 9:55 am CDT

mother of 4 and regrets having 3 of them

I too am a mother, and have regretted being one since the start. I had my children to please my now x husband who ended up walking out and leaving me with a 2, 1 and newborn. I have raised them all alone with the help of my mother. i have been on welfare, and also worked and worked and worked......my decisions in life have been bad, i own that. In 01 i started to reach out for help wiht my aggression and depression. i had reached out off and on for many years. but i finally found a therapist who actually listened and cared. with in 3 years i was off medication and for the most part good........i went back to church and made the conscious choice to be celebate until i was married again .......once i got my life in order, i have realized how bad my kids life had become. by my working so much just to put food on my table, and clothes on the back, and all my kids had paid the price. do i love them ? yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!! do i regret bring them into this world ? yes.........my sons are way out of control.....disresectful, obxonxious.......i truly truly dont want them in my home any longer....i have finally met a wonderful man.........who loves all of us and wants nothing more than to help me,,,,,, get them back into the position they need to be in as young men.....im at my wits end. i love them all......and i understand aarons standing on this. i agree with it too. its .........i am so tired. 17 years of this now.......... I AM EXHAUSTED.  I  so tired of hearing them say " i hate it here, i cant wait til im 18, im moving out " on and on and on ....they complain bout everything.  i hve come so far with my own mental illness, and my self image, all i want is to make thier life better. but i am not sure how to do it........not to be selfish, but i wait everyday for aaron to throw his hands up in the air, and say " i quit ". i stayed single for along long time, and worked on myself and my family. to finally be blessed with this wonderfful man.....only to have my boys tear us apart. ...........

September 10, 2006, 3:53 pm CDT

Robin's Book

I, too, had a controlling alcoholic father and a mother who died of cancer.  My brother, who was my support system, died young of a heart attack.  I married a controlling husband and I am not happy with my life. 

I hope I gain some insight from Robin's book, but not all of us are married to Dr. Phil either.  I'm sure he was supportive, not controlling and putting her down at every step she took.

September 10, 2006, 5:51 pm CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Dear Robin,
  I went to the book store today to get your book. However, I haveto wait until Tues. I can't wait to read it!! I am the adult child ofan abusive/controlling,  alcoholic father and lost my dear Mom toOvarian Cancer in 2001. Since then, things are getting progressively worse with  Dad. He  has been a real thorn in my side as well as my sister's. I am really looking forward to reading how you dealt with  alcoholism. I also wonder how you got so lucky to meet such  a fine man as Phil. I would love to meet someone as wonderful as him.  I am in AL ANON and will mention the book there.

P.S. If you are ever interested in jumping on the Ovarian CancerCampaign to get awareness out there, it would be greatly appreciated.  We need more women like yourself to help get the word out.
                                    Sincerely,  Natalie

September 11, 2006, 4:17 am CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Quote From: bahbahla

I look forward to reading the book.  But Robin should write a book on her secrets for aging gracefully. 
I aggree totally.  I always look forward to her being on the show.  I plan on buying this book and would love a book containing  all her beauty secrets.

September 11, 2006, 7:00 am CDT

Low Self Worth

I do not want to be on your show.  I'm very shy.  I don't like people staring at me. All my life I guess I've had low self esteem, I was labeled slow when I was just a young child and did my best to overcome this label. I have a real hard time accepting compliments. My dad left when I was around 9, I was told I was his favorit then he leaves, for good reason. He wasn't there to protect me from situations that happened, I never told my mom who is now gone, I was only 10. I feel I should have known better. You would think that by the time a person is 40 ish, I could accept who I am. I feel extremely guilty if I ask for help, when I know there are people in great need. I think I'm  a good person, I don't like to see people get hurt, I try never to judge another person, I help out where I can.  The first thing I do when I get up in the morning when I look in the mirror is call my self a negative name like cow, or gross. All my relationships were people I wanted to protect me.  I do have a great family, thank God for a good husband, I never feel I'm worthy of him, and I have three wonderful children.  Thanks for Listening. Dee

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last