Message Boards

Topic : 09/12 Inside My Heart

Number of Replies: 178
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 08, 2006, 01:44:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You’ve seen her take Dr. Phil’s hand after every show and walk him off stage. You’ve heard her input on parenting, empty nest syndrome and menopause. Today, Robin shares the stage with Dr. Phil to celebrate the release of her debut book Inside My Heart: Choosing to Live with Passion and Purpose. Follow Robin’s poignant journey as she travels back to her childhood roots and gives a glimpse into the life-changing moments that helped her become an empowered woman. She talks candidly about her father’s alcohol addiction, and also about her mother’s tragic death. Then, five of Robin’s biggest fans are waiting backstage and have no idea what’s in store for them! Plus, meet a young woman who says she regrets becoming a mother and thinks about just walking away. Robin gives her advice on coping with post-pregnancy blues. And, actress Morgan Fairchild helps Robin kick off a very important campaign for women! Talk about the show here.

To enter "Robin's 50 & Fabulous Search," send your videotapes to:

Dr. Phil
5482 Wilshire Blvd., #1902
Los Angeles, CA 90036.

Tapes can be of any length and in any format. Be creative!

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 11, 2006, 7:17 am CDT

Love the Book!

I am one of the lucky 5 who were the first to read Robin's book.  This book encouraged me to feel proud of the way I feel about having been a stay at home mom & a woman who loves her man!

September 11, 2006, 9:03 am CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

I've always heard that behind every successful man, there's a woman!

I'm looking forward to reading Robin's book.

Trish

Oklahoma

September 11, 2006, 10:09 am CDT

Women of Faith

Robin spoke at our WOF conference in Anaheim, she was wonderful - very inspiring!!  I went home to be the "center" of my home - with God as head of our household, of course.  Can't wait until they air the WOF speakers - I hope to be invited to that show!

Great job Robin and I'm looking foward to reading your book, I bought your tote bag package, when I got home I embroidered my name on it, it's classy looking....just like YOU!!

Gloria

Covina, CA

September 11, 2006, 12:24 pm CDT

I too look forward to reading...

Quote From: trishag230

I've always heard that behind every successful man, there's a woman!

I'm looking forward to reading Robin's book.

Trish

Oklahoma

I also had alocholism in my family, first my father (who died when I was 10), my husband and now my daughter.  My brother and neice were in an auto accident, actually five adults and a 10month old in my brothers truck;  were hit head on by a drunk driver.  My brother and neice died at the scene and the others were hurt.  Of course the drunk driver walked away.  This was before the tougher laws.  Anyway to make a long story short by the age of 35 I buried most of my family.  I have intimacy issues and have some very good places I hide my true self from people.  Then recently learn my adult daughter has an alochol addication.  More has come from all this addication with my daughter, who sought to run from live. Now I  have learned from her things that make me withdrawl more.  To read Robin's journey may give me some light into my secret hiding place.  I am confused and now dealing with anger.  Thank you, Robin for showing courage to grow beyond your beginnings.  PJ

September 11, 2006, 1:35 pm CDT

Shy one

Quote From: purpleangel

I do not want to be on your show.  I'm very shy.  I don't like people staring at me. All my life I guess I've had low self esteem, I was labeled slow when I was just a young child and did my best to overcome this label. I have a real hard time accepting compliments. My dad left when I was around 9, I was told I was his favorit then he leaves, for good reason. He wasn't there to protect me from situations that happened, I never told my mom who is now gone, I was only 10. I feel I should have known better. You would think that by the time a person is 40 ish, I could accept who I am. I feel extremely guilty if I ask for help, when I know there are people in great need. I think I'm  a good person, I don't like to see people get hurt, I try never to judge another person, I help out where I can.  The first thing I do when I get up in the morning when I look in the mirror is call my self a negative name like cow, or gross. All my relationships were people I wanted to protect me.  I do have a great family, thank God for a good husband, I never feel I'm worthy of him, and I have three wonderful children.  Thanks for Listening. Dee
Dee, please do me a favor since you like to be kind to others......wake up tomorrow morning and look in to that mirror and repeat this....."I am a wonderful child of Gods. I am beautiful, honest and self worthy. Because God does not make junk!" "I am very special and I will live my life for God then for myself and then for my family." You are a good person Dee. Don't ever forget that. We all have a life that has dealt us a bad hit. I could write a book and it would make your skin crawl about my life. But God gave us a brain that sits inside our head, and we have to make that choice on how to use it. If we can't figure it out, then there is people like me, and others that are willing to help and encourage you to succeed in your life. You said you have a wonderful family, (husband?) Then share with him/them on how you feel, ask them for help. Seek out counseling to help yourself. There are several things you can do to help yourself. I get the idea that there may have been a form of abuse that you had no control over....? If so than I can help........I got my degree in abuse, from the University of hard knocks! So let me know, I can help. We have another posting board here on Dr Phil's site that you may benefit from. It is a great group, you are welcome to join us.....if you would like. I know we would like to have you join us.......Please let me know? Thanks Dee, and remember, you are special, to yourself and to God......Nora

September 11, 2006, 2:36 pm CDT

Robin is so Awe inspiring

I was amazed by the words that Robin spoke at the WOF conference this last weekend in Anaheim, CA. She is a woman of faith and I love that. I got her book and at this time I am almost though it. It has made me think about my life as a woman, wife  and mother. She made me realize I need to take care of me as well as the family. Which most woman these days don't take the time for them selves. Thank you Robin for your talk and the words of wisdom you gave to all of us at WOF.

September 12, 2006, 6:44 am CDT

What a wonderful, special Lady!!!!!!!!

Robin, since my twin sister daughter died a year ago this past Aug in a car wreck, I thought I would never feel again. My twin sister Cammy, when I still look in her eyes I still see a blank stare. I pray everyday that she will find the peace in her heart. So what I did, I bought your book and let her read it. She loved it. She's doing some better. I want to Thank You for that. I know losing a child or love one can be very hard. You have inspired me to finish my book. When Halley died, my passion for writing this book came to stand still but now I'm on track now.  Thank you for  your loving  Heart for people, we need more special people like you!!!!!!!!!!!!  God made a Angel when he made you!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with your book, Its a Big Hit.    

September 12, 2006, 7:21 am CDT

hormones

I'm 43 and perimenopausal.  I have hot flashes, night sweats, axiety and mood swings.  I've also just recently quit smoking!  Today is day three.  I decided to do it cold turkey.  My periods are still regular, but I know my hormones are a mess.  Is there any over the counter or herbal I can take to help.  I am against hormone replacement therapy.  I'm not sure I'm at that point yet anyway.

September 12, 2006, 7:24 am CDT

Robin, A Mentor

Robin, you don't know this but your show "aging gracefully" really inspired me.  6-1/2 years ago I become permanently disabled following a mission trip to Mexico (I was on a Canadian team to deliver Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes to needy children).  I will NEVER regret going; I know I was where I was meant to be.  I only struggled with how my family and friends would look at me and how do I continue to be active and happy and family involved pushing a walker? Well, if that is the worse I ever get, you made me realize nothing about inside me changed, and everything is adjustable.  I am a YOUNG 52 year old, much like YOU in the way I feel about hubby, children, family life, friendship... and I cry about everything just like YOU, too (hahaha ~ especially when someone else cries.  I feel it!).  THANK YOU!  I am so exstatic to hear that you have a book released today, and I can't wait to read it! 

September 12, 2006, 7:34 am CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Quote From: noraann

Dee, please do me a favor since you like to be kind to others......wake up tomorrow morning and look in to that mirror and repeat this....."I am a wonderful child of Gods. I am beautiful, honest and self worthy. Because God does not make junk!" "I am very special and I will live my life for God then for myself and then for my family." You are a good person Dee. Don't ever forget that. We all have a life that has dealt us a bad hit. I could write a book and it would make your skin crawl about my life. But God gave us a brain that sits inside our head, and we have to make that choice on how to use it. If we can't figure it out, then there is people like me, and others that are willing to help and encourage you to succeed in your life. You said you have a wonderful family, (husband?) Then share with him/them on how you feel, ask them for help. Seek out counseling to help yourself. There are several things you can do to help yourself. I get the idea that there may have been a form of abuse that you had no control over....? If so than I can help........I got my degree in abuse, from the University of hard knocks! So let me know, I can help. We have another posting board here on Dr Phil's site that you may benefit from. It is a great group, you are welcome to join us.....if you would like. I know we would like to have you join us.......Please let me know? Thanks Dee, and remember, you are special, to yourself and to God......Nora

Hi Dee, I too always felt bad about myself. Overweight, wore glasses, just a snot I hated everyone before they could hate me. After all the pain and suffering I fianally went into therapy and found out that was the way I tried to protect myself from being hurt. The pain is so great sometimes you can hardly breath. One of the things my theraptist told my was I needed to "ask for what I want". Being a mom and wife I'm thinking now how can I do this everyone else comes first. It was very difficult but each day I would do something for myself. Maybe a treat, watch a few extra minutes of TV or just start dinner a little later, over time I finally did start asking for what I needed. Yes my husband and children were shocked but they soon got over it when they realized I wasn't backing down. I now come first. I can only take care of one person well and that is me, then I can do everything else in the world that needs to be done, but you know if you don't get to it today there is always another time. Dee you are No. 1 it may be a bumpy ride but it can be so much fun. Take care, Cynthia

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last