Message Boards

Topic : 09/12 Inside My Heart

Number of Replies: 178
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 08, 2006, 01:44:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You’ve seen her take Dr. Phil’s hand after every show and walk him off stage. You’ve heard her input on parenting, empty nest syndrome and menopause. Today, Robin shares the stage with Dr. Phil to celebrate the release of her debut book Inside My Heart: Choosing to Live with Passion and Purpose. Follow Robin’s poignant journey as she travels back to her childhood roots and gives a glimpse into the life-changing moments that helped her become an empowered woman. She talks candidly about her father’s alcohol addiction, and also about her mother’s tragic death. Then, five of Robin’s biggest fans are waiting backstage and have no idea what’s in store for them! Plus, meet a young woman who says she regrets becoming a mother and thinks about just walking away. Robin gives her advice on coping with post-pregnancy blues. And, actress Morgan Fairchild helps Robin kick off a very important campaign for women! Talk about the show here.

To enter "Robin's 50 & Fabulous Search," send your videotapes to:

Dr. Phil
5482 Wilshire Blvd., #1902
Los Angeles, CA 90036.

Tapes can be of any length and in any format. Be creative!

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 12, 2006, 8:12 am CDT

Life is just begining.......

Thanks Robin for encourageing me to do whats been in my heart for years, I have been married for 32 years and I am blessed with a Great man also, I have always wanted to write about our life in hopes of helping others in todays world of which we live! And one comment you made says it all:  "Life is just begining...". God Bless you and your mission for women, I pray that I can just be that woman to reach others and let them know that LIFE is just begining and that is  everyday we lift our heads off the pillow for a new begining!

Thanks for a Great show Dr. Phil,  you did well when you got that GIRL!!!!

Gi Gi from Myrtle Beac, SC

September 12, 2006, 8:32 am CDT

EXTEMELY BITTER INSIDE

I came from a broken home, my father is also a alcoholic and

I'm very bitter inside,angry,resentful,raging, and been betrayed all my life. I have got a raw deal out of life and it's so unfair how I was treated as a child and who I have become today.

angry for what has happen to me as a child. My father sexually abused me at the age of three years old, then he abandonment the whole family . Last year I was diagnosed with several mental illnesses, borderline personality disorder,bipolar1 and PTSD. My father is the one who caused me to have borderline personality disorder, from the sexual abuse.

My real brother went to a mental institution and my mom and I went to live at grandmas house. I lived there till I was nine years old, the rage I had living at my grandmas, the night terrors I had and wetting the bed too. My mom and grandma put me in foster care, I became a burden on my grandma and mom with the rage I had inside of me. I had every right to be angry and bitter inside, then I went to this children home and it gotten worse. The foster dad and foster sister sexually abused me in the home, my foster dad beat me and so did my foster mom. The horrible things they done to me.

I can go on and on about this this is just the scrape off the surface the pain is so great....And I've been looking for a inpatient treatment center to help me with these issues. I've been tryjng to get out of a situation I'm in and addiction I have it's money and I can't stop I need help. I'm so sick of living this way and I don't love myself at all and my self-esteem is shot from all the stuff I've been through, I have try everything you can think of to get out of my life style. I have people turn me down because of my mental illnesses and my night terrors. When I move my night terrors gets worse, it triggers the past. Because I have moved so much and it takes a long time to feel safe, my life have beem so unstable for years. I need help....

lostgirl

September 12, 2006, 8:34 am CDT

Thanks Robin

What a wonderful book, I was able to get a pre-release copy of the book this summer.  It is a great book, It will make you laugh, cry, and just feel good about yourself.  Robin you are such a strong women, role model.. Thanks for sharing your heart!  Gayla in Texas

September 12, 2006, 8:42 am CDT

Motherhood

I am a mother to the four greatest children on the planet.  Yet, it's not been an easy journey.  The one piece of advice I wish I would have received as a new mother was the raw expectation of motherhood, (i.e. difficulties of being a first time mother, the fluctuating emotions, the joy and fear).  I was under the impression that once my brand new little bundle of joy was born a "magical maternal hormone" would take over and I would suddenly know exactly what to do with this child.  My husband thought this to be the case as well.  Guess what?  No magic.  I made mistakes.  I cried all the time.  I was so frustrated that I just didn't get this mother thing.  My hormones were in a state of flux.  One minute I was laughing and overjoyed at seeing my baby smile, lift his head, roll over, etc. while the next I was in tears for God knows why.  It took me nearly two years to figure out my new role as a mother.

A big part of my problem was defining the new role in my life.  I felt like for two years I had "lost" myself.......my identity. That terrified me.  I was always this self-sufficient, independent woman.  Suddenly, I had a new life to take care of.  I chose to be a stay at home mom.  I had to learn to depend on my husband financially, emotionally, and physically while learning that I had a baby depending on me.  It took my two years to figure out that I absolutly did not lose my identity.  I added more to it.  I learned I CAN depend on people for help, especially my husband.  I learned that I AM a good mother because I have learned and am still learning from my mistakes.  And now my husband and I have very happy children.

To the mother on the show, I do agree that she has hormone issues.  I also believe that she did not know what to expect.  Motherhood is hard.  It's also the best decision I've ever made. ~ Tamara

September 12, 2006, 9:04 am CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Quote From: jenfromoz

I'm in Australia, so we are quite a few months behind.  I'm kind of looking forward to it, but I'm a bit concerned with Morgan Fairchild and the "important campaign for women".  Surely Robin isn't a pro-abort!!!!!!!  I know Morgan Fairchild is!

Guess I'll find out from the message board after the airing.

I dont' know how Robin feels about abortion but a move twelve years ago changed my perspective completely on judging people who believe differently than I do on very important subjects. Some of us will never agree in certain areas but I've learned so much about life and acceptance of others from the very people that I thought I'd never have anything to do with. We all have so much to offer to each other.

Don't write off anyone. Listen. Take what they have to say and give it to God. It may create for you a wonderful  life-changing experience. After-all, if we have something important in our hearts to offer to those who believe and live differently shouldn't we acknowledge that they may have something beautiful and important in their hearts to offer us.

September 12, 2006, 9:20 am CDT

Today's show - Robin's new book.

I'm glad you wrote the book and I'm sure you give a lot of good advice.  I just question that since you have become a role model for a lot of other women and especially the younger women, should you be a little more conservative with the way you dress.

September 12, 2006, 10:25 am CDT

Tortured Soul

Quote From: lostgirl

I came from a broken home, my father is also a alcoholic and

I'm very bitter inside,angry,resentful,raging, and been betrayed all my life. I have got a raw deal out of life and it's so unfair how I was treated as a child and who I have become today.

angry for what has happen to me as a child. My father sexually abused me at the age of three years old, then he abandonment the whole family . Last year I was diagnosed with several mental illnesses, borderline personality disorder,bipolar1 and PTSD. My father is the one who caused me to have borderline personality disorder, from the sexual abuse.

My real brother went to a mental institution and my mom and I went to live at grandmas house. I lived there till I was nine years old, the rage I had living at my grandmas, the night terrors I had and wetting the bed too. My mom and grandma put me in foster care, I became a burden on my grandma and mom with the rage I had inside of me. I had every right to be angry and bitter inside, then I went to this children home and it gotten worse. The foster dad and foster sister sexually abused me in the home, my foster dad beat me and so did my foster mom. The horrible things they done to me.

I can go on and on about this this is just the scrape off the surface the pain is so great....And I've been looking for a inpatient treatment center to help me with these issues. I've been tryjng to get out of a situation I'm in and addiction I have it's money and I can't stop I need help. I'm so sick of living this way and I don't love myself at all and my self-esteem is shot from all the stuff I've been through, I have try everything you can think of to get out of my life style. I have people turn me down because of my mental illnesses and my night terrors. When I move my night terrors gets worse, it triggers the past. Because I have moved so much and it takes a long time to feel safe, my life have beem so unstable for years. I need help....

lostgirl

Dear Tortured Soul, I'm so sorry for what happen to  you. But you can get help, I've never met you but you r worth something. I promise!!!!!!!!! I know you been through so much in your life, but please don't give up. God gave u life and even tho you have been through so much, there is still HOPE.  All the nightmares you r having and addiction, you can change. And get the help u need!!!!!!!!  Don't give up on life, God made you for a reason. And your life is worth something. Like I said I never met or even know you but if you need help my e-mail is tata4tj@yahoo.com  I'm your friend, and i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DO CARE.   

September 12, 2006, 10:46 am CDT

? what was wrong with the way mrs mcgraw was dressed????

Quote From: threeburrs

I'm glad you wrote the book and I'm sure you give a lot of good advice.  I just question that since you have become a role model for a lot of other women and especially the younger women, should you be a little more conservative with the way you dress.

September 12, 2006, 11:01 am CDT

I need dr phils help

Quote From: lovergirl1

Dear Tortured Soul, I'm so sorry for what happen to  you. But you can get help, I've never met you but you r worth something. I promise!!!!!!!!! I know you been through so much in your life, but please don't give up. God gave u life and even tho you have been through so much, there is still HOPE.  All the nightmares you r having and addiction, you can change. And get the help u need!!!!!!!!  Don't give up on life, God made you for a reason. And your life is worth something. Like I said I never met or even know you but if you need help my e-mail is tata4tj@yahoo.com  I'm your friend, and i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DO CARE.   

I need help so bad and willing to change my life I need Dr Phil’s help and I wish he really knew me in real life. He would get me help as soon as he can, and help me go to a place that would help me deal with my issues. I’m willing to put in the work, and meet him half way so if he reads this please help me Dr Phil.

lostgirl

September 12, 2006, 11:42 am CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

I can't wait to read Robin's new book.  I am so happy for you Robin!  I just wish I could have came to the party today!   Words can not express the gratitude to Dr. Phil and Robin and these shows for all the straightening out of my life that they have done thru this program.  (And that they continue to do. )  Have a great day and just send me a piece of the party cake!  **laugh**

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last