Message Boards

Topic : 09/12 Inside My Heart

Number of Replies: 178
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 08, 2006, 01:44:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You’ve seen her take Dr. Phil’s hand after every show and walk him off stage. You’ve heard her input on parenting, empty nest syndrome and menopause. Today, Robin shares the stage with Dr. Phil to celebrate the release of her debut book Inside My Heart: Choosing to Live with Passion and Purpose. Follow Robin’s poignant journey as she travels back to her childhood roots and gives a glimpse into the life-changing moments that helped her become an empowered woman. She talks candidly about her father’s alcohol addiction, and also about her mother’s tragic death. Then, five of Robin’s biggest fans are waiting backstage and have no idea what’s in store for them! Plus, meet a young woman who says she regrets becoming a mother and thinks about just walking away. Robin gives her advice on coping with post-pregnancy blues. And, actress Morgan Fairchild helps Robin kick off a very important campaign for women! Talk about the show here.

To enter "Robin's 50 & Fabulous Search," send your videotapes to:

Dr. Phil
5482 Wilshire Blvd., #1902
Los Angeles, CA 90036.

Tapes can be of any length and in any format. Be creative!

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 12, 2006, 12:10 pm CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Quote From: threeburrs

I'm glad you wrote the book and I'm sure you give a lot of good advice.  I just question that since you have become a role model for a lot of other women and especially the younger women, should you be a little more conservative with the way you dress.
I think she dresses with great class and modesty.  I'm not  exactly a 'fan' of hers..I really don't know much about her, but I have never seen her dress in a way that would make me think she was a bad influence or something!  I actually consider her clothing more conservative than most women in the spot light.

A little stunned at this comment.

September 12, 2006, 12:35 pm CDT

Thank You!

Its about time we all get to find out what it is like to live with Dr. Phil. 

September 12, 2006, 12:45 pm CDT

Alcohlic Father

When I was 5 years old my parents got divorced. In the divorce it was ordered that my brother and I had to go stay with my father every other weekend.  Which was the worst time of my life, dont get me wrong he never abused me physically, but he did emotionally. On the weekends that we went to visit him, he always had a babysitter waiting for us when we got to his house, so he could go to the bar on Friday ngihts, he would come home at all hours of the night and then sleep all day and then come evening, he would be on the phone calling the babysitter. So then on Saturday night it would happen all over again, he would sleep all day on Sunday and then when it was time to take us home he would crawl his hungover butt out of bed to take us home.  And to this day he does not understand why we dont have a very good relationship. Because of my past I am very pickey about the men  I date.

I also am very anxious to read Robins book.

September 12, 2006, 12:46 pm CDT

need some help

I am looking forward to todays show. I also grew up the daughter of an alcholic father who was killed tragically.

These past few years have been very hard, they have brought up a lot of emotions and reactions that I experienced in my childhood, I thought I had resolved them but I now realized I didn't.

My husband had an affair, we worked so hard on the marriage, we were 'us' again, and then he passed away suddenly.

I am hoping todays show, and this book will give me some comfort, and maybe the support I need so badly at this time. To me, it just seems lately that my entire life has been one battle after another, and as soon as I overcome one, another one begins. I am so tired right now of fighting, I just don't see any end to the pattern my life has become.

September 12, 2006, 1:01 pm CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

I look forward to reading the book...but it must be a lot easier to be the "perfect" wife, mom and woman ( and with the decisions that need to be made) with Dr. Phil's philosophy supporting you.  There is no doubt you chose to be strong and you certainly could not have done all that you have done without being who you are but....Life is much more difficult when you don't have that positve suppot...

A single Mom who didn't choose the path I am on..but very happy I am on this path....I love being who I am now much better than the woman I was when I was married...From a woman who was blest to have a much better life now since I have turned 50...and yes I am fabulous now..

September 12, 2006, 1:16 pm CDT

The Colicky baby

The reason the baby hasn't gotten over his colic yet is because it is probably acid reflux and not colic.  The mother either needs to get a competent doctor or the book Baby 411.  Either one would be able to tell her the proper things to do to help the baby.

September 12, 2006, 1:18 pm CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

This message is for the mother on the show that is having a hard time with her son.  Robin's advice was sound in that we must make sure that we as women take care of ourselves.  Although I have a nephew that has Sensory Integration Dysfunction or SID.  He, as a baby, would cry alot and bang his head on his crib rails, the playpen and the wall.  He would calm down when he was held.  Children with SID have difficulty processing sensory information.  He responds well to deep pressure massage and he has a weighted vest that he can wear when he has an episode.  He was seeing an ocupational therapist who taught my sister how to deal with his special needs.  He is now three and still has problems but my sister has an answer and is better equipped to handle him and her own emotions.  I suggest that you speak to his pediatrician and ask about an organization called First Steps that deals specifically with children with developmental delays.  They work with children until they are three.  I also used their services for my own son.  He had a speech delay.   I hope you find answers.  I will have you in my thoughts.

September 12, 2006, 1:24 pm CDT

Great Role model!

I was so blessed to see the show today with Robin and Dr. Phil! Congrats, Robin, on your first book of many. I can't wait to find it on our local bookstores shelf so I can buy i t and read, read, read.

Robin, whether you are sitting in the chair supporting your husband, or on the stage working together with Dr. Phil to help all of America, you are an awesome part of the Dr. Phil show.

Robin, it is my opinion that you are a great role model for all women. No matter your age, expierences or backgrround Robin McGraw is a great person to look up to.

I just want to tell Robin that I really admire your personality, filled with your great charm, witt, strength. I can only hope that when I reach 50, I will be half the woman that you are! 

September 12, 2006, 1:29 pm CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Quote From: purplepenny

I think she dresses with great class and modesty.  I'm not  exactly a 'fan' of hers..I really don't know much about her, but I have never seen her dress in a way that would make me think she was a bad influence or something!  I actually consider her clothing more conservative than most women in the spot light.

A little stunned at this comment.

I have been an avid fan of the Dr. Phil show since the first episode. I have never, never once seen anything that Robin has worn, on the show or any of her other public appearances, that anyone could ever say that Robin's style of dress is anything other than modest! or conservative! and with style and class.

I too was stunned by the comment.

September 12, 2006, 1:30 pm CDT

stressed out mom

I WAS WATCHING THE SHOW AND COULD REALLY UNDERSTAND THE POOR MOM. i HAVE HAD TWO C-SECTIONS AND IT IS HARDER TO BOND WITH YOUR BABY. tHE SHOCK TO YOUR SYSTEM CAN REALLY WREAK HAVOC ON YOUR EMOTIONS AND HORMONES. sHE NEEDS TO BE IN TOUCH WITH HER OB-GYN ASAP FOR HELP. ROBIN WAS RIGHT ON THERE. Her husband needs to be more involved as well, they are a family and every member needs to help out. he helped to create this little boy., You cannot put a time limit on recovering from childbirth . This poor mom desperately needs a break., before she breaks down. C"mon family, lend a hand here.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last