Message Boards

Topic : 09/12 Inside My Heart

Number of Replies: 178
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 08, 2006, 01:44:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You’ve seen her take Dr. Phil’s hand after every show and walk him off stage. You’ve heard her input on parenting, empty nest syndrome and menopause. Today, Robin shares the stage with Dr. Phil to celebrate the release of her debut book Inside My Heart: Choosing to Live with Passion and Purpose. Follow Robin’s poignant journey as she travels back to her childhood roots and gives a glimpse into the life-changing moments that helped her become an empowered woman. She talks candidly about her father’s alcohol addiction, and also about her mother’s tragic death. Then, five of Robin’s biggest fans are waiting backstage and have no idea what’s in store for them! Plus, meet a young woman who says she regrets becoming a mother and thinks about just walking away. Robin gives her advice on coping with post-pregnancy blues. And, actress Morgan Fairchild helps Robin kick off a very important campaign for women! Talk about the show here.

To enter "Robin's 50 & Fabulous Search," send your videotapes to:

Dr. Phil
5482 Wilshire Blvd., #1902
Los Angeles, CA 90036.

Tapes can be of any length and in any format. Be creative!

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 9, 2006, 5:23 am CDT

CAN'T WAIT

I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT....WHEN AND WHERE WILL IT BE AVAILABLE?

THANKS-DEB

September 9, 2006, 8:38 am CDT

Suggestion for Robin's next book

I look forward to reading the book.  But Robin should write a book on her secrets for aging gracefully. 

September 9, 2006, 9:18 am CDT

It's Incredible!

I am one of the fortunate to have read it and I strongly, urgently, whole heartedly recommend that every woman of every age read this book. It's time we all get honest with ourselves and Robin has a way of showing that it is not only possible, but that the rewards that come with that are endless. Life is definitely what you make of it and she shows us that it can be awesome. No, life is not always a bed or roses and the thorns are prickly at times however we can either choose to enjoy the beauty that the rose brings or get stuck in the bad.

Thank you Robin for opening your heart to the world. You are truly an inspiration to all women and I can not express my gratitude enough to you. You are incredibly strong in the face of adversity and I applaud you for not only setting your goals but achieving and maintaining them, no matter what.

I am looking forward to your next book as I'm sure you will be successful in writing many more.

Forever greatful,

Shawne

One of your Biggest Five

September 9, 2006, 10:35 am CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Quote From: debwarner

I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT....WHEN AND WHERE WILL IT BE AVAILABLE?

THANKS-DEB

Oh-boy, neither can I!!!  

I also have an adult alcoholic Father and my Mother was tragically killed.  I feel like I am just beginning to pick up the pieces of my life.  I'm sure there will be a lot I can learn.  

Kathy 

September 9, 2006, 11:57 am CDT

Look foward to it

I can't wait. I get out of school @ 2:30 so I should make it home in time.  I will let ppl in my AL-ANON group as well as my mom know also.  Dr. Phil & Robin make a great team & her bk is bound to b awesome.

I wish all of you that are trying to put the pieces back the best of luck. It is very hard esp when u have to go bk over your past to make piece so you can have a better future.

September 9, 2006, 12:07 pm CDT

ONE DAY @ A TIME

Quote From: katnalex

Oh-boy, neither can I!!!  

I also have an adult alcoholic Father and my Mother was tragically killed.  I feel like I am just beginning to pick up the pieces of my life.  I'm sure there will be a lot I can learn.  

Kathy 

Hi. I wish you luck on your journey. May I make two suggestions that may help make your transaction from your past to now a little smoother.

1st ....If you don't have it get Dr Phil's self matters book & workbook. They are very helpful with things like this.

2nd....Find an Al-Anon group in your area or online. Even if you don't live with the alocholic anymore it will still help.

You need a strong support group ( ie the message boards) where you can ask , talk  even rant & no one will judge you.

Alot of us have been where you have in some way or another. Yes, Dr Phil is great & Robin's book might be something ALL women need to read. I know it's gonna be awesome  & can't wait to read it.

Good Luck

September 9, 2006, 12:56 pm CDT

Thank You For Sharing

Robin,  I can not wait to read about regrets.  How  did you deal with mistakes regarding your children.

Idon't know how to live with my mistakes.  I thought I was beingthemost supportive mother.  I supported them right in to the messtheycall their life. 

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading your book

September 9, 2006, 2:08 pm CDT

Robin;s book

I think Robin is a remarkable woman.She is beautiful,loving, caring & seems to have it together,I admire her so much & can't wait to read her book.When will it be out???? I read her sister's book & wow what a lovely lady.Seems to run in her family. Would love to meet Robin someday. I love watching Dr.Phil's show & love to see his family on there.A great family.

Sandi

September 9, 2006, 4:49 pm CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Can't wait to see the show and buy your book! I love the Dr. Phil show. My husband and I watch it all the time. I think you are a inspiration to many other women. Sure wish I could be at the show!

September 9, 2006, 7:56 pm CDT

09/12 Inside My Heart

Quote From: tysgirl

Hi. I wish you luck on your journey. May I make two suggestions that may help make your transaction from your past to now a little smoother.

1st ....If you don't have it get Dr Phil's self matters book & workbook. They are very helpful with things like this.

2nd....Find an Al-Anon group in your area or online. Even if you don't live with the alocholic anymore it will still help.

You need a strong support group ( ie the message boards) where you can ask , talk  even rant & no one will judge you.

Alot of us have been where you have in some way or another. Yes, Dr Phil is great & Robin's book might be something ALL women need to read. I know it's gonna be awesome  & can't wait to read it.

Good Luck

i cant wait to get this book it sounds very helpful have had some addiction problems in the relationship i am currently in dont know how devestating it can be to others until you live it yourself i hope this provides insight on how to choose happiness in spite of odds

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last