Message Boards

Topic : 09/15 Dirty Little Secrets

Number of Replies: 127
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 08, 2006, 01:47:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil's guests confess: Their dirty little secret will be secret no more! Will and Jessica have been married for five years, and it's no secret to him that she's obsessed with snooping. But what Will doesn't know is how far Jessica goes to dig up the dirt on her husband. Jessica says she's ready to reveal the truth because everything is on the verge of spiraling out of control. Then, Gina says she's usually a very calm person with a sunny disposition, but everyone will be shocked to learn what happens to her when she goes into a grocery store. And, Christina learned her boyfriend, Greg, was living a triple life. Not only did he have another girlfriend, but he also had a wife! Now that he's cleaned up his past, can Christina ever trust a word he says? Plus, a woman celebrated for her delectable confections comes clean about her bogus baking. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 15, 2006, 1:17 pm CDT

09/15 Dirty Little Secrets

Quote From: purplepenny

She doesn't have a point. She has a problem. She could seriously hurt someone. There might be a REASON behind someone's behavior.

Life is too short to spend it being that angry.

oh, i so get annoyed when people have to stand in the way and visit and you are trying to shop! OMG but what can you do? i give them a dirty look and will make a comment that they can hear to whoever i may  be with about how rude that is, especially when they see you standing there and will not move!! so you end up having to go all the way back around to get 1 little thing you needed in that aisle. or worse they are blocking the one thing you need. ok, now i am getting frustrated. LOL

i remember when my son was a newborn and we were out shopping and this girl with a newborn also walked by looked at my son and said to the person she was with, loud enough for me to hear about how my son is not the cutest baby out there is he?  i was so mad. how rude can you get? 

September 15, 2006, 1:20 pm CDT

Quote From: ky_mary

I understand how the shopper feels, it is very rude for people to visit in the isle's .  I have also had people take things from my cart, I have not thrown a shoe, but I have run in to the back of their heals. and forced them to give the item back to me.  "WHO DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE" , as far as I am concerned the only person I would let do this is "GOD"  and he would not be that low or stupid.  I am a very frustrated with the general public also, probably because I worked with the public for 40 years before my disability.  My opinion of the public is very low.  So this is how I solved my problem, I now shop at a store that is open 24 hours a day.  I go and do my shopping at 2:00 am.  It is wonderful, there are very few people there.  I can take my time to read labels, since I am a diabetic, and decide what I want.  I visit with the store employee's .  You would be surprised of the valuable informant ion you get from the employees at that time in the morning. You can also get information on the times of deliveries for fruits and vegetables, so that you can get the freshest of both.  I feel sorry for people that have to work with the public.  They are cussed, spit on, and just generally treated like trash, the people work at night to get away from them.  I don't think your that bad.
I worked with the public for almost 10 years, I am now a stay at home mom. I really enjoyed it. I guess it depends on the work or it depends on the person or it depends on the job.

But I'm glad you saw that your behavior was wrong and fixed it by finding a better time to shop, this is what I think the woman on this show should do.

I hope you don't think you were right for physically hurting a person for doing something NON physical to you. Once you hit a person's heel with your cart you have become the lower person. Besides, you could seriously hurt someone. You say you are disabled, what if someone did something to physically punish you for something you did that wasn't physical?

September 15, 2006, 1:52 pm CDT

Grocery Store Courtesy a thing of the past

Tisk, Tisk for condeming your grocery store manic guest.  I completely understand what she is saying, although she takes it to a level I can't understand.  However, I've never seen anyone take something out of anothers cart either. But......courtesy at the local grocery store has disappeared over the decades.  She has valid complaints that people should take to heart.  AND.....the worst of the offenders are the MEN sent to 'pick up a few things' by thier wives.  I'm not sure who should be tared and feathered.....the men who don't have a clue how to ask for help or the wives who have been there and gotten angry themselves. 

Men need to learn  grocery store manners.

1)  Don't stand in the middle of the isle, with carts flowing around you on each side.  Get out of the way!  You wouldn't park in the middle of the road if you were lost would you?  Well, consider the isle our road and pull over to the side of the road if you're going to be some time about it.

2)  Don't ask me what it says.  If you can't read your own wife's handwriting, don't insult me by thinking I can because I have a higher estrogen level.  Read the list before you leave home so SHE can clear things up.  A little forethought goes a verrrrrrry long way.

3)  There is no delicate way to put this one guys.....picking one's nose, scratching one's behind  or adjusting a crotch are NOT things you should do in a grocery store (or in public for that matter).  You may be the only one in the isle now but we are just a turn away AND ..... don't forget the mirrors.

4)  Last but not least.....this is America.....we drive on the right side of the road.....same goes for the isles in any store.  Stay on your side of the center line and we will all be much happier.

Have a great day.....hope to see you at the grocery store!  LOL

September 15, 2006, 2:02 pm CDT

Gina in the supermarket

I have had it with people that take up the whole isle, block the isle, are just bsing and blocking the isle, people please! I don't like being rude, but there is a time and a place. If I have supermarket etiquette, I expect a little in return. Did anyone ask her if she would act the way people do that gets her mad? I'm sure she does not; because, in order for her to get mad in the first place, she must realize that this behavior of blocking, bsing, acting like YOU are the only person there, is not acceptable. I believe that everyone who dissed her does exactly what she gets po'd about, and you are guilty of doing the same. Not only do people have no manners in the super, they have no manners in the laundramat. I have had to fight for carts, the big dryer, when I would never think of doing such a thing to another person. I think people do need to learn some manners and not be so appauled when someone gets tired of their crap.

September 15, 2006, 2:02 pm CDT

employees can be far worse

Quote From: mamawolf

christine should throw this guy out on his ear. if i had a man like that i would not have him around. christine time to let him go and get on with things
I've seen grocery store employees treat customers far worse then this woman.  I actually saw a man cleaning up in an isle smack a lady on the back of her legs with the wet mop because she walked over part of the mess he was cleaning.  She gave him a dirty look but didn't press the issue.  When I got to the end of the isle, I started looking for another employee to get the manager and turned him in.  So please don't think because you are a good service provider that all the rest are just like you.  Can't tell you the number of times the personel at the meat counter have kept myself and others waiting while they finish thier cuts or got irritated because we wanted to see the next level of stacked meats.  I stress care in putting people in groups and expecting the same reactions from everyone in the group just because you are an honorable person.

September 15, 2006, 2:09 pm CDT

Quote From: miche1972

oh, i so get annoyed when people have to stand in the way and visit and you are trying to shop! OMG but what can you do? i give them a dirty look and will make a comment that they can hear to whoever i may  be with about how rude that is, especially when they see you standing there and will not move!! so you end up having to go all the way back around to get 1 little thing you needed in that aisle. or worse they are blocking the one thing you need. ok, now i am getting frustrated. LOL

i remember when my son was a newborn and we were out shopping and this girl with a newborn also walked by looked at my son and said to the person she was with, loud enough for me to hear about how my son is not the cutest baby out there is he?  i was so mad. how rude can you get? 

When people do thoughtless or rude things I try to remember that they are probably very insecure or they just lack empathy.

Either way, I don't care. I sometimes feel sorry for them, but most of the time I don't bother being rude or making a comment to the person I'm with.  I hate wasting any energy on anger. These feelings are very new to me. My father recently did something very rude to me and I am actually amazed...I haven't shed one tear. I vented about it a little, but mostly I feel like he's a mean person in general and I'm not going to waste my time worrying about it anymore.

People like this woman on this show are very pathetic and so thin skinned. So you have to walk around someone, so you might have to go back and get an item that was in your cart....oh well. Take a deep breath and enjoy life! Enjoy the fact that we have luxuries like grocery stores!

That's just me though

September 15, 2006, 2:13 pm CDT

Quote From: rawcoyote

I have had it with people that take up the whole isle, block the isle, are just bsing and blocking the isle, people please! I don't like being rude, but there is a time and a place. If I have supermarket etiquette, I expect a little in return. Did anyone ask her if she would act the way people do that gets her mad? I'm sure she does not; because, in order for her to get mad in the first place, she must realize that this behavior of blocking, bsing, acting like YOU are the only person there, is not acceptable. I believe that everyone who dissed her does exactly what she gets po'd about, and you are guilty of doing the same. Not only do people have no manners in the super, they have no manners in the laundramat. I have had to fight for carts, the big dryer, when I would never think of doing such a thing to another person. I think people do need to learn some manners and not be so appauled when someone gets tired of their crap.
"I believe that everyone who dissed her does exactly what she gets po'd about, and you are guilty of doing the same."

Nope, wrong. I am insanely kind and understanding and very aware of the people around me everywhere I go and I 'dissed' her.

Getting physical with a person is just ridiculous....anyone who thinks that is acceptable on any level needs help IMO.

September 15, 2006, 2:14 pm CDT

Sometimes grocery stores have carts of groceries sitting alone in aisles.  I think people who take things from carts probably mistakenly think it's one of those carts.  Or maybe I've been misjudging when I think that those carts left standing have been put there by the storeclerks who are replacing items etc..  pardon me.  But if someone should run into my heel on purpose it will be on in aisle 2 or wherever we are.  And sometimes an "excuse me I need to get by" would get people out of your way.  I've noticed that we don't want to say those words but will resort to eye rolling, huffing, etc.  Speak up, it's not that big a deal.  People are shopping, sometimes they get engrossed in what they are doing not monitoring and READING THE MINDS of fully grown adults who know how to speak properly and say "let me by".

September 15, 2006, 2:17 pm CDT

feeding your family from a box

this woman is totally wrong, wrong, wrong, and Dr. Phil took it sooooo lightly. I can't believe it! Obviously, this woman has never read a label in her life. After reading labels, while my kids were growing up, I NEVER bought anything before reading what was in it. Therefore, I made EVERYTHING FROM SCRATCH AND WAS DAMN PROUD OF IT; and now that I am a grandmother, I watch my daughter feed her children in a very healthy way. When my children were growing up, I read every label, I did not buy "suger cereal", soda, cookies, cake, or any other crap that I knew would be so harmful for their teeth, skin, weight, disposition, and everything else. Mind you, they went to their grandmother on some weekends, and I knew they got all the crap in the world there, but I made sure that it did stop there at her house. This woman is the true meaning of "cheating", she is cheating her family of a healthy life and legacy. Dr. Phil, what were you thinking? She is a liar of the worst kind and should be recognized for her laziness and lies. Glad she is not my mom, wife, friend, or acquaintance.

September 15, 2006, 2:22 pm CDT

Quote From: purplepenny

When people do thoughtless or rude things I try to remember that they are probably very insecure or they just lack empathy.

Either way, I don't care. I sometimes feel sorry for them, but most of the time I don't bother being rude or making a comment to the person I'm with.  I hate wasting any energy on anger. These feelings are very new to me. My father recently did something very rude to me and I am actually amazed...I haven't shed one tear. I vented about it a little, but mostly I feel like he's a mean person in general and I'm not going to waste my time worrying about it anymore.

People like this woman on this show are very pathetic and so thin skinned. So you have to walk around someone, so you might have to go back and get an item that was in your cart....oh well. Take a deep breath and enjoy life! Enjoy the fact that we have luxuries like grocery stores!

That's just me though
That is my thoughts too............................go around them,go back and get the item! How hard can it be, so oyu take a few more seconds in that trip. I personally have never had anything taken from my cart, I could not imagine. As rude as it is I think I would be in too much shock to even say anything. but than I think I would have to laugh. Sorry but that is so rude it is almost funny!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last