Message Boards

Topic : 09/15 Dirty Little Secrets

Number of Replies: 127
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 08, 2006, 01:47:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil's guests confess: Their dirty little secret will be secret no more! Will and Jessica have been married for five years, and it's no secret to him that she's obsessed with snooping. But what Will doesn't know is how far Jessica goes to dig up the dirt on her husband. Jessica says she's ready to reveal the truth because everything is on the verge of spiraling out of control. Then, Gina says she's usually a very calm person with a sunny disposition, but everyone will be shocked to learn what happens to her when she goes into a grocery store. And, Christina learned her boyfriend, Greg, was living a triple life. Not only did he have another girlfriend, but he also had a wife! Now that he's cleaned up his past, can Christina ever trust a word he says? Plus, a woman celebrated for her delectable confections comes clean about her bogus baking. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 15, 2006, 3:08 pm CDT

Christina needs to be careful

Greg has not given Christina any reason to believe him. And has not tried to fix the problem. From his behavior displayed on the show I don't think he intends to change. If he was serious he would allow her to have access to all his personal accounts and email for as long as it takes. He has given her a huge reason not to trust him and you'd think he'd be trying his best to win back her trust. My husband broke my trust awhile back and he chose to take away his own freedom and privacy so that I had no reason to doubt him.

Once trust is lost it takes a long long time to get back and involves lots of work. But it can be won back.

September 15, 2006, 3:11 pm CDT

regarding Gina

If there are so many people in the market that someone pausing in a an aisle will cause a multiple aisle tie up as you claim, you are not shopping at the right time. Are you kiding? When do you go SATURDAY?????????? tHAT WOULD BE THE DAY i'D BE IN A DELI LINE 20 MINUTES. Jeesh , what are you thinking? Go at night when the kids are in bed, go early in the morning.don't

go on a Saturday or the day  THE BIG SALE FLYER COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!! No wonder you're turning into a crazy person.....

and another thing.I have to ask why you wanted the ham back after someone rummaged through your cart to get it and touched it. If someone like that had been in my cart I'd push it to the side and start again.God only knows where his hands have been.he's stealing somebody else's food.think about it. People are probobly responding poorly to you because you're out of control, I have never in my life said excuse me and not gotten a polite appropriate response. Did you see the episode whith the woman who got angry when if someone didn't put the separation bar across the back of  their order she would stick extra items with their order to get even?You're there honey.time to take a good look at yourself.

Ps I hope you don't shop with your kids..

September 15, 2006, 3:12 pm CDT

09/15 Dirty Little Secrets

Quote From: purplepenny

I worked with the public for almost 10 years, I am now a stay at home mom. I really enjoyed it. I guess it depends on the work or it depends on the person or it depends on the job.

But I'm glad you saw that your behavior was wrong and fixed it by finding a better time to shop, this is what I think the woman on this show should do.

I hope you don't think you were right for physically hurting a person for doing something NON physical to you. Once you hit a person's heel with your cart you have become the lower person. Besides, you could seriously hurt someone. You say you are disabled, what if someone did something to physically punish you for something you did that wasn't physical?

My disability is a walking problems I have blood clots in my legs so it is a problem for me to have to travel back to get what she took from my cart. !   People use to run up on my heals all the time in stores and in wal-mart, target because I am slow, I have blood clots in my legs with poor circulation which makes my feet mostly numb.  Yes it does depend on the job, but it actually depends on the years you actually worked.  People are now sue happy, watch the adds on TV.  People do really stupid things and then want to blame someone else.  Take contacts for example, the doctor gives you Rx, and  a pair that is meant to last for 2 weeks only, the average individual will wear that pair for 30 to 60 days, which can and has cause problems. But when you end up with major scratches on the Cornea, you then want to sue the doctor.  Who told you they were only good for 2 weeks. These are the kind of people that I am glad not to be working with any longer.  But it was not always that way, in 1960  and up to 1985 was good, but then all the know everything people came along.

September 15, 2006, 3:14 pm CDT

Christina get out

I am sorry that you have gotten involved with this man. He has a serious problem. It sounds like he is a sex addict to me. When he filled out a profile and was deceptive about that and having changed his passwords on his email without letting you know. It doesn't make sense that he was living part time with his wife if it wasn't a real marriage. The fact that he had someone else (girlfriend) in the mix. Do yourself a favor and get out and get some counseling. I would recommend going to a COSA (codependant of a sex addict) meeting. This man can not change without serious therapy. You are a young and beautiful woman and you can do better for yourself. I would be concerned about sexually transmitted diseases with this man.

September 15, 2006, 3:16 pm CDT

Best not to get pissed in the first place

Quote From: rawcoyote

someday, you will not get out of the way, and someday, what ever it was that your father did is going to come to a head. Get it out before it grows, if you let things out at the get go, its done, as opposed to letting fester. I can't belive how many people are afraid to say I'M PISSED! Say it and be done, and never look back, and you won't feel like you need to, in your eyes, its done; the ball is in their court.
I think it's better to not let people bug you in the first place as opposed to busting a gasket everytime something happens.  After a while you can see that some people just are what they are, your anger is not going to change them and isn't going to do you any favors either (health, peace of mind, joy).  I know that anger affects your health held in or expressed.  it's not something to be proud of.

September 15, 2006, 3:24 pm CDT

wrong, i dissed her

Quote From: purplepenny

"I believe that everyone who dissed her does exactly what she gets po'd about, and you are guilty of doing the same."

Nope, wrong. I am insanely kind and understanding and very aware of the people around me everywhere I go and I 'dissed' her.

Getting physical with a person is just ridiculous....anyone who thinks that is acceptable on any level needs help IMO.

so you are the kindest person in the whole world. bull! listen, I try to be as nice as I can be, but sometimes it is neccessary to get a little aggressive, not to the point of a physical battle, but why should my life be held up because someone else is showing nothing but rudeness, that is all I am saying. And, if someone took my lunchmeat after I waited for god knows how long to get it, I would definitely get it back. Look, people need to stand up for the right things once in a while, instead of being trod over cause they don't want to be what, rude? Come on, if you don't stand up to this, it will never change, and that is not saying it is ok to just go through like a cement truck and be rude yourself, no, but I see no reason to put up with it either.

September 15, 2006, 3:24 pm CDT

Quote From: rens477

Dr Phil,

I would have liked more points made on the total lack of manners and respect.  It has vanished in America today

I agree with rens477 but manners and respect is not the only thing that has vanished in America today. We are expected to raise others children because they don't have time or they only had them because they were expected to. The respect for our sons in the military,fire department and police department.  I think we should take every on in the media to day and give them a gun put them in the problem places and tell them to protect  America, and then give our boys the same money that the Congress and the Senate just gave themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 15, 2006, 3:36 pm CDT

Gina at the grocery store

Gina,

At some point in our lives, we are all guilty of impatience.  When I am driving, I think that the world evolves around me.  I wish that I could play bumper cars and push all of the stupid drivers out of the way.  The reality is...it is not their problem that I am an impatient driver, and I wait til the last second to get to my destination.  I am trying to undo my road rage by pretending that I flipped-off an employer/ friend.  Where would that get me?...fired!  Try on-line shopping because if I ran into you at the grocery store...we would have a major cart war.

September 15, 2006, 3:41 pm CDT

Quote From: yogi01

I work at a grocery store,and I am always amazed at how rude some people can be. I don't know what it is about grocery shopping that turns usually nice women into roller derby queens. I've been rammed by carts more times than I can count. Manners seem to fly out the window. Sometimes I feel like I'm being paid to be abused.
You don't get paid enough to be injured!  I have learned to go grocery shopping late at night, on Sunday afternoons or evenings, or early in the morning some days, just because the stores are not as busy at those times.  The aisles are not as crowded and the employees are glad to help.  It is definitely worth it.

September 15, 2006, 3:42 pm CDT

manners

Quote From: rens477

Dr Phil,

I would have liked more points made on the total lack of manners and respect.  It has vanished in America today

I would like to state that while I agree that there is a definate lack of manners in general, I also feel that this works both ways.  For example, we are quick to point the finger at rude and impatient people, but how about the folks who made them angry and stressed in the first place.  People who walk slowly down the center of aisle, drive well below the posted speed limit, or don't remove crancky,screaming children from resaurants ought to start taking some of the blame for behavior which is so obviously irksome to the rest of us.  It's always the person responding to the annoying situation who comes off as the hothead.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last