Message Boards

Topic : 09/18 The Dr. Phil House: A Family’s Last Chance, Part 1

Number of Replies: 134
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 11:58:57 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Reality TV just got a reality check! This season, Dr. Phil moves people into The Dr. Phil House – where he can keep an eye on them 24/7. He will be watching from his home, his office and his car, and won’t hesitate to drop in whenever he chooses. The first family to move in is Todd and Jessica, married for eight years, and their three sons. Todd and Jessica have filed restraining orders against each other, were throwing knives, calling the cops and cussing each other out in front of the kids. Their fights have even gotten physical and have involved the children. Before moving into the house, Todd and Jessica were living apart. Jessica says Todd is stalking her, and Todd says his wife is having an affair. Will living under the same roof again finally bring them together? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 27, 2006, 5:27 am CDT

Kudos to Jessica

You're finally getting real. Now maybe you can put your lives back together. As Dr. Phil says you gotta own it.   We all knew she was having an affair, Jessica just needed to admit it to herself. Even she said she hated the word affair. It's a first step Jessica even if you don't manage to heal your marriage maybe you can work on healing yourself.

September 27, 2006, 9:11 am CDT

The Truth is Out!!

Well, I think we all knew what the answer would eventually be about the affair! ( YES! ) It was as plain as the nose on her face. Why would a man be  running around a woman's apartment with his shirt off if there wasn't an affair? You know , it would be hard living with someone like her husband if you continually had to listen to his ranting and raving like a wild man. I'm not saying it gives her the right  to have an affair, but if I were in her shoes, I'd have left and made a life for myself and my children. Maybe he's just began the screaming, and acting like a wild man when he thought she was having an affair, but nothing gives him the right to act this way around his children. You don't scream and use that kind of language around your children, especially when you're calling her every filthy name in the book. Just seeing the reaction to all that was going on was so upsetting for those boys. It was bad enough to have to hear it , and then he follows her outside where they are, and just gets louder, and acts wilder. It's bad when you're raging so bad that you don't realize that your child isn't 2 foot away from you. You know ,kids don't get that punchy overnight, so this has had to be going on during all the years of their marriage. Now ,the next phase is the confrontation about the confession of the affair ! I'm wondering what will be the outcome of it? Since the kids aren't going to be their (thank heavens), I'm wondering what will take place. You can bet he's gonna be screaming bloody murder,instead of trying to have any kind of civil conversation, or discussion with her. I'm not defending the affair, that was wrong, but some men,or women, don't have sense enough to have a normal discussion about anything, and when you never have that , then it makes you want to leave, but that doesn't mean you have to go jump into bed with someone. She acted as if she was scared to death of him. I watched her as he was screaming on the patio, and she would dodge him everytime he moved towards her, and that makes me wonder what kind of relationship they've had all along. I just don't know how they've survived in their relationship as long as they have, and it's no wonder these boys are so miserable, if this has been what their life has consisted of. I'm waiting to see how many times they'll think about that divorce paper hanging on the wall when the confession comes out!! If you never have a civil conversation, then you'll never be able to solve anything. If they end up staying together, (which I have my doubts about ), then they sure need to learn some self control around their children. I guess we'll see what the truth brings! Most of the time there are things in a marriage that causes the spouse to look for comfort from someone else, especially when she doesn't get any at home.  My main concern is for those boys, and to see them have a stable ,happy home life, and a loving relationship with their parents. It angers me to see parents put their children in a pick and choose situation. They don't want to have to choose! They shouldn't have to choose, and they shouldn't have to live in heartache and constant confussion. You should never put your children in that situation, because it tears them apart to have to make choices concerning their parents. I just feel so sorry for these boys , and it breaks my heart to see them doing the suffering for their parents mistakes! Enough said! Jody

September 27, 2006, 1:22 pm CDT

response is wrong!!!!

Quote From: xosunbabe21ox

i AGREE WITH YOU FULLY!! Those kids should be taken off their parents!
Taking away the kids after the fact will send a message to other parents to not say anything when there family is in trouble.  They have taken a step and aired their diry laundry to the public.  That is definitely a cry for help - for themselves and their children.  Dr. Phil can do more for healing those kids then tearing them away from their parents and much more quickly too.

September 27, 2006, 3:21 pm CDT

Thank you Todd and Jessica

For sharing your struggles in front of God and Everybody.  I was in the same situation some years ago and I know for me I felt so hurt by the man, prior to the affair  with his constant, demanding,  dominating humiliation towards me - that the only way I felt he finally would listen to me - is if I hurt him back.  He always discounted and demean my hurts and my wants as irrelevant because they did not coincide with his.

And me being the immature woman that I was (and still am at times)   - I knew I could wield my power sexually. Then he would pay attention and listen.  He would say he would change and did for a couple of weeks and then he was back to his old ways again trying to control me. What clothes I wore, what friends I had, how long I spent shopping ( and it was not about not having the money) we each had our own discretionary money, not going to church anymore because I had dated men there, etc. By the time I had the affair I just wanted him to leave. And he would not.  So I knew he'd leave if I messed around on him - he would leave.  

Please don't let allow all of these self-righteous people on this message board tell you how wrong either one of you are. There are Big Old Elephants in many of America's homes with the divorce rate over 50 percent. 72 percent of married men fool around on their spouses. Women's numbers are rising too.  You two have had the courage to come on the air to hopefully receive some healing. I hope the both of you can find some peace and comfort in your own personal searches for meaning. 

If your trials are overcome either personally or as a couple - your kids can have an example of  "wounded people" who are looking for healing in their soul. And your children will not feel so strange in the world when they have problems.  And America can have some powerful teachers who have been there.

Just because people "PRETEND" that they are all well and wonderful that....doesn't mean they are.  Take care the both of you.     

First | Prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next Page | Last Page