Message Boards

Topic : 09/18 The Dr. Phil House: A Family’s Last Chance, Part 1

Number of Replies: 134
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 11:58:57 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Reality TV just got a reality check! This season, Dr. Phil moves people into The Dr. Phil House – where he can keep an eye on them 24/7. He will be watching from his home, his office and his car, and won’t hesitate to drop in whenever he chooses. The first family to move in is Todd and Jessica, married for eight years, and their three sons. Todd and Jessica have filed restraining orders against each other, were throwing knives, calling the cops and cussing each other out in front of the kids. Their fights have even gotten physical and have involved the children. Before moving into the house, Todd and Jessica were living apart. Jessica says Todd is stalking her, and Todd says his wife is having an affair. Will living under the same roof again finally bring them together? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 17, 2006, 2:05 am CDT

where do you get these people

I have only recently signed up to this site after the angry mom episode, which mind you I am still deeply distressed over and would like to see an update.  I cannot understand where these people come from and I am a little confused as to how it can be lawful to put children into an environment which is so potentially dangerous.  Dr Phil I love your show to bits I really do but just tlike angry mom, I am a extremely concerned that abuse is allowed to happen while tapes are rolling only to be talked about later.  Some families are certainley beyond help and some people do not deserve a second chance.   I believe in your phrase "Get Real" but I think you should add to it "Get steralised".  Dr phil I will watch your show, I am upset by what I see, But I do not think our heads shoudl be in the sand either.  Please these children need to come first, even before ratings.  I live in Australia and I am aware that such behaviour happens here too, I can tell you though Dr Phil that I have learned to appreciate my children so much more and I thank God for them every day. 

September 17, 2006, 2:07 am CDT

At last some realistic thinking

Quote From: vanka_dee

I hate to be a skeptic, but even though I usually agree with Dr. Phil, I think this sounds CRAZY!  If these people are throwing knives at each other and are so fearful of each other that one of them went so far as to obtain a restraining order, they belong apart. Some marriages are best if dissolved, and for the sake of the children and the adults involved, it just seems best to get out before somebody gets killed.

I agree, Iyt must also be noted that this activity is illegal and these people should not be put into treatment but into prison and the children should be sent to a family who will take proper care of them..... 

September 17, 2006, 5:44 am CDT

Not completely true !!

Knives where not thrown trust me on that one, never once did that happen !!!

September 17, 2006, 7:51 am CDT

09/18 The Dr. Phil House: A Family’s Last Chance, Part 1

Quote From: embeegp

I am always up for checking out what Dr.Phil has going on...a little odd, sure....  but you can bet I will be watching!

I can somehow relate to this situation of  "Family's last chance." My exhusband and I have been trying to work it out after so many years of  an on-and-off relationship. I've invited him to live with me (again ) . We have three children together (ages18,15,11). It has been a struggle, but I can say that it has gotten better (no more throwing things at each other, no more cornering each other, no more talking in my face, ). One thing that we are having difficulty is arguing without becoming defensive, offensive, loud (although, the tone has come down to less than yelling and screaming, but there is definitely a difference in tone when we start to disagree); and we're still trying to rebuild trust.

Our kids were hopeful and happy at first that daddy and mommy are trying again (for the umpteenth time). And now, they are angry and hurt, scared that we'll revert to "back then" , and embarrassed because some of their friends are seeing this.

My exhusband has moved out and I do miss him. We will be trying to work things out but living in separate residences for the sake of the kids and also for myself  (that I stop thinking that he is just taking advantage of me because it lessens his own expenses).

Right now, I feel as if I've failed my kids again, that I am pursuing something that isn't really going to work out. I've been depressed, unable to sleep, and motivation to do things that I used to enjoy.

Any word of advice is more than appreciated.

alisasmom

September 17, 2006, 7:59 am CDT

I couldn't agree with you more

Quote From: vanka_dee

I hate to be a skeptic, but even though I usually agree with Dr. Phil, I think this sounds CRAZY!  If these people are throwing knives at each other and are so fearful of each other that one of them went so far as to obtain a restraining order, they belong apart. Some marriages are best if dissolved, and for the sake of the children and the adults involved, it just seems best to get out before somebody gets killed.

I'm all about his theory that being from a broken home is better than being in one.

September 17, 2006, 10:24 am CDT

Sounds like an interesting show

Dr. Phil,

I worry about the safety of the children!  If their parents are physically abusive towards each other, they could turn that abuse onto the children in a heartbeat.  I think this show is going to be a little over the top.  Are you really trying to help a family who, in my opinion, should stay apart, or are you trying to get  viewers all riled up to watch the start of your new season??  Please remember that the safety of the innocent children should come first.  Of course I'll be watching because you've gotten ME all riled up!  Hope it all works out for the best.

September 17, 2006, 12:04 pm CDT

good luck

do these people really want your help? Maybe they just want to be on T.V. or need a place to live. A good question to ask, in my opinion, would be why do they want to stay in a hurting relationship. What if the children get hurt. I ve always agreed with your advice even though I'm just waiting for you to mess up. You walk close to the edge a lot though but you always cover your butt. after all you didn't just fall off the turnip truck. My dad said that too.

September 17, 2006, 3:22 pm CDT

old age

When will you do a show about age discrimination?  You know we are the largest group of people living in America today.  but nobody at this time is seeing us,  When will the hiring public see us.  We don't have great computer skills.  That was just ahead of  us.  We all thought we would have the $50.00 per hour jobs and make a way for our kids.  But it was a fool Paradise. No one could tell us that we won't be the best because we are and we knew it.  Now at this time of my life and it will catch up with all of those who don't plan to do it right which will be 97% of the American people, even those who have it all.  Get financial advise get help planning for the future and Dr Phil you need to stop helping those who will break any and give some sound advise to those who really are doing it right.  My war  cry is I did it Right.  I'm not on Montel, Jerry, Morrey or even Dr Phil why, because I don't garner ratings..  If we had more people who did it right, OK helping people is good I agree but I did it right, sent my daughter to school, (no student loans) didn't do drugs (like to drink beer) worked every day,sometimes 3 or 4 jobs, but nobody allowed me to receive a new car (not that I need one Have a 2003 Jaguar Paid for) but don't we ever get rewarded just for doing it right??All my friends had kids who didn't end up in jail or have babies or get killed.  One day I hope this message gets out.  THOSE WHO DID IT RIGHT NEED A PAT ON THE BACK ALSO.  Maybe you could be that person who just would like to have their show give it (don't get me wrong I applaud you because you do for the most part  see the good in people.  But so many shows  across the country don't act like America is why people fight to get here and die to stay.

dmporter55@yahoo.com

Dona Porter

September 17, 2006, 3:26 pm CDT

what's robins address

Can you get back with the address about Fabulous fifties.  I had a great intro to mine.

September 17, 2006, 6:24 pm CDT

09/18 The Dr. Phil House: A Family’s Last Chance, Part 1

Well Let's see if Dr Phil can fix this, I believe that when a family has reached this level of distrust fro each other, chaos may be the outcome. I know that it took years for my family to talk to me after I took them to court, and I mean years. Even then it has never been the same.

How about a weeks in the Dr Phil House giving them a challenge, not a slack one either. How about you send them on a Hike. you know Like on Take This Hike .com,  make them work together to get that trust in each other back. 

Good Luck...

Tony 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last