Message Boards

Topic : 09/18 The Dr. Phil House: A Family’s Last Chance, Part 1

Number of Replies: 134
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 11:58:57 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Reality TV just got a reality check! This season, Dr. Phil moves people into The Dr. Phil House – where he can keep an eye on them 24/7. He will be watching from his home, his office and his car, and won’t hesitate to drop in whenever he chooses. The first family to move in is Todd and Jessica, married for eight years, and their three sons. Todd and Jessica have filed restraining orders against each other, were throwing knives, calling the cops and cussing each other out in front of the kids. Their fights have even gotten physical and have involved the children. Before moving into the house, Todd and Jessica were living apart. Jessica says Todd is stalking her, and Todd says his wife is having an affair. Will living under the same roof again finally bring them together? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 16, 2006, 3:46 pm CDT

Hi Dr Phil

Hi i cant wait to see whats going to happan to the people in the house. i do hope everything works out for them. and can pull it toghter. its not greener on the ather side. and besides you no the husband and wife better then any one alse. look at what the pro'' is and try and fix it your friend caroline

September 16, 2006, 4:13 pm CDT

The children always suffer

From the sound of the topic, this family needs help badly.  I hurt so for the children of such abuse, knowing that their learned behaviorwill take years to undo. I will be interested in seeing the progress of these little one's lives. At least they will be safe under this roof and Dr. Phil, you and Robin will be able to help them put their lives back together.

Sounds like a good idea you have here and I hope it works.

September 16, 2006, 5:55 pm CDT

I Hate To Be A Skeptic....

I hate to be a skeptic, but even though I usually agree with Dr. Phil, I think this sounds CRAZY!  If these people are throwing knives at each other and are so fearful of each other that one of them went so far as to obtain a restraining order, they belong apart. Some marriages are best if dissolved, and for the sake of the children and the adults involved, it just seems best to get out before somebody gets killed.

September 16, 2006, 7:45 pm CDT

What was he thinking?

September 16, 2006, 7:51 pm CDT

I Can't WAIT

Dear Dr. Phil:

I CAN'T WAIT till ur new season begins.  BEST OF LUCK WITH IT!!!  U can be certained that I will be tuned in @ 4:00 PM (PST) on Channel 2.  I do hope everything works out for all the families involved.  You, Dr Phil, have a Way about helping others.  Bless You

Sincerely,

Sharonann

September 16, 2006, 8:42 pm CDT

Is this a false sense of restoration

I think that putting peope in an alternative environment is a great idea for refreshing and learning. My concern is will they be able to duplicate what they are about to learn? Will the children be living in the house as well? Is the bedroom private and if so how will you be able to track all of their conversations? The interesting thing about these kinds of situations is do the people observing typically learn more and benefit in a greater fashion than do the subjects? It will be an interesting experiment.

September 16, 2006, 9:26 pm CDT

Not all true !!

Well I am Todd in the show , and I will assure you knives were not thrown, they were hunting knives in there leather sheeths . And the restraining orders were for completely differant reasons, just watch the show, it will be 4 parts over a period of time . It was a lot of filming so I hope you all enjoy it !!

September 16, 2006, 9:29 pm CDT

heh, should be interesting

I am always up for checking out what Dr.Phil has going on...a little odd, sure....  but you can bet I will be watching!

September 16, 2006, 10:51 pm CDT

R u serious Dr Phil?

Do u really think this will work?? Sometimes things just arn't meant to be...Sounds to me like there is way to much water under their bridge, it aint gonna work Dr Phil.....

September 17, 2006, 1:49 am CDT

Dr. Phil does Big Brother?

Hmm... this sounds odd, but, guess we'll have to see how it goes.  I don't think the family will do well, sounds like they are on a downward spiral already with no end.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last