Message Boards

Topic : 01/01 Revenge of the Exes

Number of Replies: 3696
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 12:01:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/20/06) Have you ever wanted revenge on an ex-lover? How far would you go? First, look inside a legal battle that has been brewing all summer. Tasha, creator of the Web site DontDateHimGirl.com, says her site is a public forum for women to share their dating experiences and tell the "truth" about their exes. Todd says false information about him was posted on Tasha's site, and he thinks she should be liable for the negative posts. He has filed a lawsuit against her and two of the women who posted. When they face off for the first time, who does Dr. Phil think is right? Then, Ashley found out her boyfriend, Corey, had cheated on her three times during their 10-month relationship. Now, she says she wants to get revenge by exposing him to the world. So why did she recently call Corey and beg for sex? And, Corey comes clean with Ashley and tells her how he really feels. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 16, 2007, 1:48 pm CST

01/01 Revenge of the Exes

Quote From: gwarrior6

I think that's a good idea...and this is from a woman.  I think that's a fair and logical thing to do...just don't get sued for your opinions! 
I wouldn't do it unless I had a scapegoa......um....partner. Yes, that's it. Partner. I wouldn't do it unless I had a partner. That's it. I need a partner or partners. Any takers?

January 16, 2007, 1:52 pm CST

Quote From: gwarrior6

I think that's a good idea...and this is from a woman.  I think that's a fair and logical thing to do...just don't get sued for your opinions! 

As far as getting sued, if anyone wants my blockbuster coupons that badly, they can have 'em.

January 16, 2007, 7:33 pm CST

HONESTLY THIS IS  POOR  ETHICS ON TASHA'S PART.  WHETHER THIS WAS TRUE OR NOT, POSTING NEGATIVE THINGS ABOUT PEOPLE AUTOMATICALLY GIVES THEM A NEGATIVE IMAGE TO THE SOCIETY AND WHOMEVER SEE'S THIS BULLETIN POST. I THINK WOMEN AND MEN SHOULD LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE. WE HAVE ALL BEEN INVOLVED IN A RELATIONSHIP WHERE WE WERE HURT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. TO POST SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT A PERSON WHETHER IT'S TRUE OR NOT CAN RUIN A PERSONS LIFE! I HAVE GROWN TO LEARN MANY PEOPLE DO BAD THINGS AND CHANGE. I WAS STUNNED TO SEE ON THE VOTES HOW MANY PEOPLE AGREE WITH HOW TASHA HANDLED THIS SITUATION. FOR THIS WOMAN TO SAY SHE NEVER READS POST SIMPLY CANNOT BE TRUE! TO EDIT SOMETHING IS TO CHANGE OR ALTER IT. THE BIG PICTURE IS THIS MAN REPUTATION COULD POSSIBLY BE RUINED BECAUSE OF AN ACCUSATION, ITS NOT FAIR AND ITS UNFORTUNATE FOR ANY POTENTIAL CLIENTS HE MAY HAVE! TO SUM THIS UP, I WOULD HONESTLY EXPECT THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR FROM TEENAGERS BUT NOT ADULTS!

January 18, 2007, 1:38 pm CST

When I saw this show I was absolutely disgusted with Tasha. I feel that she is very inconsiderate and a very unpleasant person. She was very sarcastic and empty when it came to others feelings. What if this had happened to her, how would she had felt? Especially with things that are untrue. My heart really broke for Todd on this one. I am a female and I would NEVER do something like these crazy woman have done to him. Get over it! Things didn't work out-move on! I hope Todd wins his case. Good Luck!

January 19, 2007, 1:53 pm CST

REPEATED INFIDELITY - MALE AND FEMALE

There are relationships that are so destructive that the only option is for a person to get out.  Get out with the little bit of sanity you may have remaining.  Some of my favorite books which provide a great introduction into the subject of repeated infidelity and personality types most likely to cheat repeatedly are:      

Why is it Always About You?  The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss OR Emotional Blackmail:  When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation and Guilt to Manipulate You by Susan Forward  

Malignant Self Love:  Narcissism Revisited by Sam Vaknin (and Lidija Rangelovska)  

Get Me Out of Here:  My Recovery From Borderline Personality Disorder by Rachel Reiland   

The decision to leave another person is never easy.  As painful as it may be, make a promise to yourself to leave so that you can begin a life of healing and recovery.  Leave so you can eventually learn to live a joyful and peaceful life.   

Hope it helps! 

January 19, 2007, 2:04 pm CST

shouldn't the source be taken into consideration?

When I saw a repeat of the show today I was frustrated over several things. 

The first thing I was frustrated over was the fact that he was suing the creator if the website.  Is he also suing the company who owns the servers who hold the website and the people who created the domain name?  I agree that each person has responsibility for their actions.  There is more than one person who posted negative comments about Mr. Hollis and each individual should be held accountable.  They should be forced to prove if their statements are true or not but not the medium (website) through which they were expressed. 

The second thing was that he is contending that because of this website he is losing jobs and respect.  I have a hard time believeing that potential employers and other educated, respectable people are actually giving credability to, and basing hiring decisions off a dating website.  Just from the title of the website, "don't date hime girl"  you get an emotional feeling.  It is very clear this is a website for emotional women to give voise to hurt feelings and tempetuous emotions.  I might be tempted to give more weight to the opions of those posted if the website was called "don't hire him.com" and actually listed names and contact information.

January 28, 2007, 3:12 pm CST

Excuse me....

Quote From: bellarcat

I belive that Tasha is un fair why be a bigot black people have feelings too. I am white but i have some more black friends than white. At least Black is beautifull, go for it mate she is not worth it but get her to take your name out of her web, or e-mails.

Caroline

But did we look at the same show?  I saw/heard no mention of race.  This entire case has to do with ruining his reputation as an attorney nothing more than that. 

February 18, 2007, 12:29 am CST

Dont Hate him Girl!!!

Let me just say as some one  who is  a woman who has had her heart broken many times , I had to regroup myself and move ON!! I expected a woman who was very intelligent and articulate who was ready to face off about her "freedom of speech rights being violated" Instead to my disappointment , I found what appeared to be an 'unremorseful, bubblehead ' who states that it 'isnt her job to determine the truth from a  lie'   and  I believe the fact that the website owner shows no remorse and is  basically  treating this matter  like it is something to laugh at... will work against her and so will  counter claim of 50,0000 from the plaintiff for having to showing  her face on the show. DUH You appeared on the Fox network too!! Are U demanding 50,000 from fox too!!

February 18, 2007, 12:48 am CST

Great Point but...

Quote From: alionesque

When I saw a repeat of the show today I was frustrated over several things. 

The first thing I was frustrated over was the fact that he was suing the creator if the website.  Is he also suing the company who owns the servers who hold the website and the people who created the domain name?  I agree that each person has responsibility for their actions.  There is more than one person who posted negative comments about Mr. Hollis and each individual should be held accountable.  They should be forced to prove if their statements are true or not but not the medium (website) through which they were expressed. 

The second thing was that he is contending that because of this website he is losing jobs and respect.  I have a hard time believeing that potential employers and other educated, respectable people are actually giving credability to, and basing hiring decisions off a dating website.  Just from the title of the website, "don't date hime girl"  you get an emotional feeling.  It is very clear this is a website for emotional women to give voise to hurt feelings and tempetuous emotions.  I might be tempted to give more weight to the opions of those posted if the website was called "don't hire him.com" and actually listed names and contact information.

Careers that are in the legal field,  I think Mr. hollis stated he wanted to become an attorney and to  become that  ' Your name has to be above reproach" meaning it has to be clean just like a doctor and it can affect your career...

In addition, with all the political correctness, ethical considerations and shows about pre-judgement of persons we still live in a society where first impressions are important.  Tasha had  from what I understand a blog on her website that Mr. Holis had  a disease. If I am a potential employer of Mr. hollis I am going to look at it and state to myself "if I hire this guy and is not a well man how much health insurance am I going to kick out  not that I would believe the story I would just be cautious about hiring him.  I thinking if  she wrote something about his personal life  that was negative most employers do not like drama so they try to avoid it at any cost. It is not good for the firms name. That is why tasha should be held liable because she was the orchestrator of the website and she gave the girlfriend a format in which to commit the alleged offense. as for the others that were blogging negative stuff about him. the two attorneys might try to deal with them to testify against Tasha or for tasha can go either way .

February 19, 2007, 7:36 pm CST

Hmm.. not sure you Understood the show it had nothing to with race

Quote From: jansydsmom

But did we look at the same show?  I saw/heard no mention of race.  This entire case has to do with ruining his reputation as an attorney nothing more than that. 
  It was about a woman named Tasha who runs a website called Dont Date him girl.com. Women frequently put  blogs that do not show these men in a good light, some who say derogatory. One man in particular Mr. Hollis, said that he is suing Tasha and 2 other women for putting derogatory and alleged defamation against him. He says that it has prevented him from obtaining positions in the legal field. THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WITH RACE!! LOL

First | Prev | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | Next | Last