Message Boards

Topic : 01/01 Revenge of the Exes

Number of Replies: 3696
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 12:01:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/20/06) Have you ever wanted revenge on an ex-lover? How far would you go? First, look inside a legal battle that has been brewing all summer. Tasha, creator of the Web site DontDateHimGirl.com, says her site is a public forum for women to share their dating experiences and tell the "truth" about their exes. Todd says false information about him was posted on Tasha's site, and he thinks she should be liable for the negative posts. He has filed a lawsuit against her and two of the women who posted. When they face off for the first time, who does Dr. Phil think is right? Then, Ashley found out her boyfriend, Corey, had cheated on her three times during their 10-month relationship. Now, she says she wants to get revenge by exposing him to the world. So why did she recently call Corey and beg for sex? And, Corey comes clean with Ashley and tells her how he really feels. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 1, 2007, 7:07 am CDT

GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS

If you want some advice that will not fail, go to the ultimate standard; the word of God.  It has instructions for every situation you’ll ever see on the Dr. Phil show, including how to react to situations like this where you have been betrayed & may be thinking about revenge.  Here’s what I found in the Bible about revenge and lying:

GOD HATES IT.  Proverbs 6:16-19  These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:  A proud look, a LYING TONGUE, and hands that shed innocent blood,  An HEART THAT DEVISETH WICKED IMAGINATIONS, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A FALSE WITNESS THAT SPEAKETH LIES, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF IT, SO DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT. Romans 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 

GETTING JOY FROM OTHER’S PAIN ANGERS GOD.  Proverbs 24:17-18  Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

GOD WILL PUNISH THOSE WHO GET JOY FROM OTHER PEOPLE’S MISHAPS. Proverbs 17:5.  he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished.

DON’T SEEK REVENGE.  Proverbs 24:29  Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work.

God will judge everyone at the appropriate time.  It may not be when we expect it, but be sure that all sins will be judged.

Dr. Phil’s advice to succeed or to live well instead of seeking revenge is good advice… unless you become obsessed with the goal of trying to “rub it in” to prove to your “ex” that your life is better than theirs  The Bible takes this one step further than simply living well.  In Romans 12:20, the Bible says,  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.”

KILL ‘EM WITH KINDNESS!!

After Jesus was spit on, tortured, mocked, and crucified, He said, “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” 

Ain’t it the truth?

May 3, 2007, 9:40 am CDT

AMEN

Quote From: looking_up

If you want some advice that will not fail, go to the ultimate standard; the word of God.  It has instructions for every situation youll ever see on the Dr. Phil show, including how to react to situations like this where you have been betrayed & may be thinking about revenge.  Heres what I found in the Bible about revenge and lying:

GOD HATES IT.  Proverbs 6:16-19  These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:  A proud look, a LYING TONGUE, and hands that shed innocent blood,  An HEART THAT DEVISETH WICKED IMAGINATIONS, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A FALSE WITNESS THAT SPEAKETH LIES, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF IT, SO DONT WORRY ABOUT IT. Romans 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 

GETTING JOY FROM OTHERS PAIN ANGERS GOD.  Proverbs 24:17-18  Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

GOD WILL PUNISH THOSE WHO GET JOY FROM OTHER PEOPLES MISHAPS. Proverbs 17:5.  he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished.

DONT SEEK REVENGE.  Proverbs 24:29  Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work.

God will judge everyone at the appropriate time.  It may not be when we expect it, but be sure that all sins will be judged.

Dr. Phils advice to succeed or to live well instead of seeking revenge is good advice unless you become obsessed with the goal of trying to rub it in to prove to your ex that your life is better than theirs  The Bible takes this one step further than simply living well.  In Romans 12:20, the Bible says,  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

KILL EM WITH KINDNESS!!

After Jesus was spit on, tortured, mocked, and crucified, He said, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. 

Aint it the truth?

If it wasnt for scripture, I would be a trembling anxiety filled person.  I can add the following Psalm I read daily to remain peaceful and anxiety free to your list:

Psalm 35:26 May all who gloat over my distress be put to shame and confusion; may all who exalt themselves over me be clothed with shame and disgrace. 27 May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness; may they always say, "The LORD be exalted, who delights in the well-being of his servant".  I am adding yours to my list of daily reading.  It is Faith that gets me through this. 

Thank you for your comments! God Bless You.

May 3, 2007, 11:43 am CDT

Dontdatehimgirl.com dodges a bullet

Todd unfortunately lost the ability to have his case heard on a jurisdiction issue.  Because the court felt that Dontdatehimgirl.com didn't do a substantial amount of business in the state that he filed suit in, they (the court) felt that they did not have the jurisdiction to hear the case.

I am sorry to hear of this.  What happens when a site out of say Costa Rica or any other country posts defamatory statements? Do the victims have no recourse?  This is a larger issue than most realize.  Supposedly freedom of speech ends where harassment and defamation begin. My concern is how far are sites like this and worse ones go if we do not pass more legislation that states exactly where the line is. 

June 6, 2007, 5:04 pm CDT

awareness!

That´s what it´s all about! I put my ex up on Tashas site. The men up there is not innocent - I find it hard to believe that anybody would use their precious time and go thrue all that trouble to make false accusations! The man i put up on Tashas site is an abuser (in every way possible..) and he made my life a living hell. He changed me forever and i´m still scared of him. But i also know i was´nt the first and probably not the last. I put him up there to warn others - God knows i wish someone would have warned me!!! Maybe,(Hopefully..) I,will be the last one he could do this to - because of my warning...-If it works out that way - it is all worth it!! You go Tasha!!

June 7, 2007, 6:22 am CDT

Think before you act

I've checked out this alleged forum and all it does is generalise male-actions. For instance there was this article on men expecting sex because they just bought a woman diner. The person writing this story has actually experiences this ONCE with ONE man and now makes it look like ALL men are like this, the entire site is one big hypocrisy filled with generalisations only to let women that can't handle their emotional problems of being dumped or finding their husband cheated on them feel better about ????? (themselves, their actions, who knows). If they want therapy, get counseling, write your emotions down ON A SHEET OF PAPER OR IN A DIARY!!! Not on the internet where everyone can see your bare emotions without any sense of rationality included. A lot of people will get the wrong idea on these men or on men in general. What if girls of a younger age find this site and get a bias against men? When you really want to make a site work on a therapy level, make it a site where you can post anonymously; don't include your name, don't include the name of the guy, just write about your experience with men. The people that enable this behaviour really frustrate me, they seem to forget about other people and are only consumed with their own emotions and I think a lot of these women just want to get in the spotlight a bit because they're just dying for attention.

June 7, 2007, 6:42 am CDT

01/01 Revenge of the Exes

This show was shown in the Netherlands today, and I was surprised about Tasha, she wanted to make her point and asked a few times if she could finish her lines, while she interrupted Todd allmost everytime with very childish reactions.. I wonder what an ex did to her...
But next to that, I too think that this site is, despite what Todd did or didn't do, unfair to men. Women can be very very mean when it comes to revenge, it is all very emotional. It is no more than bullying on the net!
And she is responsible for trashing other men, because she is the founder of the website! She started it! Clearly without thinking about the effects, as Todd told, for example for the search engines that employers use (and they use them a lot!).

If you are very mad about an ex, just write it in your diary or something like that... And live your life happily, that's the best revenge!

June 9, 2007, 9:55 am CDT

Ashley and Corey...

First of all Corey is too old for her. Was´nt Ashley 17 when they met. He said she had a wicked body. Where is the love of all that and It´s very close that he would have ended up in prison for having a relationship with a minor, disscusting! They both want attention and even so far to show it on tv. I´m dissapointed that Dr. Phil shows this childish behavior that these people have. This is what they show on Ricki Lake or even worse on Jerry Springer.

What I really want to say with all this is the statement that Corey and a ot of other "men" say. They say that they rather meet younger girls because they don´t have bagage like older women have. It´s "men" like Corey who gives girls bagage!

June 29, 2007, 10:41 pm CDT

This website is wrong

my boyfriend was put on this website this last monday by his ex girlfriend. she didn't put anything on there personal about him but she has been bothering me and him for quite some time now. i believe this site is a way of trying to break relationships up and mess things around for those who are happy with eachother. this website can reveal way to much information that people don't need to know. everyone knows that girls like to talk about their feelings and such but  i don't think this was the best way to let them. its hard being cheated on...but you don't have to bash and put down that person for making wrong decisions. this site is not right and i believe that women shouldn't be able to do that kind of stuff...no matter their feelings

July 10, 2007, 2:01 pm CDT

Hi

Hello my name is Hellen.

here is my email adderss (hellenkoneh@yahoo.com) i will like you to contact me ture my email so that i will tell you all about me and send you my pictures so that you will know me ok.

Hellen

August 1, 2007, 1:54 pm CDT

happy michelle

I wish you had know also..  I believe you were married to a psychopath. Stay away from him!!!

First | Prev | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | Next | Last