Message Boards

Topic : 01/01 Revenge of the Exes

Number of Replies: 3696
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 12:01:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/20/06) Have you ever wanted revenge on an ex-lover? How far would you go? First, look inside a legal battle that has been brewing all summer. Tasha, creator of the Web site DontDateHimGirl.com, says her site is a public forum for women to share their dating experiences and tell the "truth" about their exes. Todd says false information about him was posted on Tasha's site, and he thinks she should be liable for the negative posts. He has filed a lawsuit against her and two of the women who posted. When they face off for the first time, who does Dr. Phil think is right? Then, Ashley found out her boyfriend, Corey, had cheated on her three times during their 10-month relationship. Now, she says she wants to get revenge by exposing him to the world. So why did she recently call Corey and beg for sex? And, Corey comes clean with Ashley and tells her how he really feels. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 20, 2006, 5:01 am CDT

Helping Others?

Quote From: hotnychick

I agree-revenge is not a good thing- but the bullys and the people are not going to get away with what they do to hurt people-  Called KARMA-

And this site is NOT for losers -   I will not say any more because you too seem angry-  If you don't like the great reality of this site designed to help others-why are you here?

Good site and no one is a loser for seeking help-

Keep on truckin' every one!

The reason I am here is because it is an interesting topic. I find it interesting that people will go this far to hurt someone else when at that point, it does not matter anyway. How can making a ex's life miserable be good for ones  life? How can a site that posts bad things about somebody else be helping others? Would you like it if someone posted something bad about you on the internet for everyone to read just because they were unhappy with a relationship that did not work out? You might have had good reason to leave. And your side of the story story is not allowed to be heard? Someone just does a slander job on you and that is it?  And if someone does give false information about somebody on this site, how can that be helping the person reading the information? If somebody really likes someone thats a schmuck, their behavior will eventually surface. I'm not against background checks to see if someone has a history of being in trouble with the law. My happiness is my responsibility and if someone dissappoints me, then that is between me and them. Not the whole internet world. And I will not be posting any billboards any time soon. Which is why I stay with my claim that it takes a "Winner" to accept and move on. And it takes a "Loser" to go on the internet and write things about someone in anger. Because that someone is sombody elses child, and might even have kids themselves.

September 20, 2006, 5:02 am CDT

Local Man

I visited that site and search my location.  Low and behold, someone had posted that she was the mother of the one that is alleged to have been cheated on....by a local police officer....complete with picture.

Seems that the daughter found out that the Officer was married (perhaps separated) and had a daughter.  The woman moved in with him anyway.  They had problems, broke up and now "Mom" has posted on the site.  So it appears the ladies have not taken any ownership of the fact that the girlfriend moved in with him, in spite of finding out that he was still married AND had a daughter.  Later, they find that he actually has two daughters.

I look forward to finding out if Todd is successful in his lawsuit.  I don't personally know the police officer pictured on that "dontdatehim" website, but from what I do know, the site is obviously one-sided.  I understand that women can be hurt by men that cheat, but I would also like to see some of those women take ownership of their part of the problem as well.

And life is too short to hold a grudge.

September 20, 2006, 6:19 am CDT

Crazy

I hardly ever get to see Dr. Phil during the day..but luckly I am watching today.  This lady I think is crazy...I am a woman and of course we all get hurt sometime...but you are changing how someone will see this person in the future...is that not prejudging someone...almost like discrimination?

Hey I will go out with you !!!

J'Anmetra

September 20, 2006, 6:24 am CDT

09/20 Revenge of the Exes

I personally think the whole website is childish! I think they need to go and get therapy if they are upset not post and complain about the men. Wouldn't having a diary or a blog be better?  

Or if the website is still up the owner should change the format to where people can't put their ex's picture up and use fake names maybe?

September 20, 2006, 6:27 am CDT

09/20 Revenge of the Exes

I think this topic is very interesting but the woman who put their exes on this website just remember you picked that person when it was good for you and now that is it is over no matter how it ended you are the one that has a problem.

September 20, 2006, 6:33 am CDT

Nothing Good comes from Revenge

What this young woman is doing with this site is slanderous.

She will be held liable in a court and should be.

Most all reputable employers are checking the web to find out what they can about potential employees and the liabilities that may come with them.

All we can hope to leave on this earth is a good name.

We all make mistakes, but that is growing and learning and we develop character from those experiences.   What she has learned is not character and I would say the "learning' has not occured.

It is also ridiculous that she is profiting from these womens stories.

They get nothing from this.

Temporary relief is not healing.

The web is the same as news.  Liability will have to be held by someone and the ball stops at her feet! 

September 20, 2006, 6:41 am CDT

GROW UP

I think these woman are so ridiculous. I understand that they are in pain but to post a one sided opinion on the internet is so imature. The fact that they take the time to go to all this trouble shows the guy that you still care. Move on and improve your life with this experience.

September 20, 2006, 6:43 am CDT

Posting Double Standard

Imagine a mirror website like "DontDateHerDude.com" wherein males could make the same type of postings about women.  I cannot help but wonder how Tasha, the creator of the Web site DontDateHimGirl.com, would react to a derogatory posting about her?   I suspect she would be outraged and not present herself as altruistic as she did on the September 20 episode.   Her “freedom of expression” stance might just vanish if she were the target of such an attack.  

September 20, 2006, 6:46 am CDT

Speak on it!

Quote From: perkymom7

I was dumped 9 years ago by a man who I thought loved me. He lied, left me with a child to raise alone and I wish every day that he would get hit by a bus.  He does nothing for us, never sees his child and his family could care less about us. It's all well and good to tell someone to get over it and let the pain and anger go away when this happens to you, but revenge would still feel sweet to me!   I have never been on the site but I would feel much better if I could warn another woman to steer clear of him. I wish I would have known what I know now 9 years ago.  I think the site is a good idea if it saves one woman from the heartbreak that I have had to endure.  And to the men who feel the site is harassing - if they have nothing to hide then they should have nothing to worry about!!! 
I attempted to file something on Dontdatehimgirl.com about my ex but my computer wasn't working.  So I did the next best thing-- I posted a vague comment on his website and vented about it on my own page.  I was contacted by his live-in girlfriend about a month ago and I am sure they are still together since they both have children that I had no clue about AND the home and cars that I thought were his were really someone elses.  He also made promises to my mother that he did not keep.   Yes, revenge is kinda bad but it feels great and is just temporary.  What is really great about dontdatehimgirl.com  is that it's a network of betrayed women who can just vent--- what we are pretty much doing on this Dr.Phil site.  Plus the accused guys can post their version of the story.  It's all about motive---- my motive was to tell women about him and how stupid I was for falling for him.  I wasn't into "harming" him but more or less of saving someone else from the heartache.  if u want to call women who speak the truth and warn other women about the men who have betrayed them jr-high-chicks, so be it.  Its so jr-high for a man to not be honest and cheat and sleep with 7 other females and lie about the existance of his children.  AND I do feel absolutely better about the situation-- at least I know I am not alone and hearing other women's stories definitely allowed me to move on. Telling people to get a life is not helping at all.   If the haters of dontdatehimgirl.com don't understand that, then don't go to the website.

September 20, 2006, 6:50 am CDT

What Women Need To Remember.

The most important thing that the women who post on the website about thier exes  or even men who do the same is revenge is a dish best served cold. I would never do anything like that to an ex because a relationship takes two to go wrong. The women posting thier heated revenge about thier exes are going to have an uphill battle when they realize and are confronted by their exes in a back alley. Especially when their ex has a roll of duct tape, a gallon of gas and a book of matches. People go missing all the time in this country and are never found. Women need to remember that just because in their little minds they think they are better than men, that when push comes to shove they have nothing to back up their belief. It is not a question of if , but when one of these disturbed women post a complete lie in revenge that a man is going to get even with her by some dirty deeds done dirt cheap.  It will come down to that to put an end to the shamefull actions of women today.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last