Message Boards

Topic : 01/01 Revenge of the Exes

Number of Replies: 3696
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 12:01:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/20/06) Have you ever wanted revenge on an ex-lover? How far would you go? First, look inside a legal battle that has been brewing all summer. Tasha, creator of the Web site DontDateHimGirl.com, says her site is a public forum for women to share their dating experiences and tell the "truth" about their exes. Todd says false information about him was posted on Tasha's site, and he thinks she should be liable for the negative posts. He has filed a lawsuit against her and two of the women who posted. When they face off for the first time, who does Dr. Phil think is right? Then, Ashley found out her boyfriend, Corey, had cheated on her three times during their 10-month relationship. Now, she says she wants to get revenge by exposing him to the world. So why did she recently call Corey and beg for sex? And, Corey comes clean with Ashley and tells her how he really feels. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 20, 2006, 7:09 am CDT

Get over it!

Quote From: mittin

I attempted to file something on Dontdatehimgirl.com about my ex but my computer wasn't working.  So I did the next best thing-- I posted a vague comment on his website and vented about it on my own page.  I was contacted by his live-in girlfriend about a month ago and I am sure they are still together since they both have children that I had no clue about AND the home and cars that I thought were his were really someone elses.  He also made promises to my mother that he did not keep.   Yes, revenge is kinda bad but it feels great and is just temporary.  What is really great about dontdatehimgirl.com  is that it's a network of betrayed women who can just vent--- what we are pretty much doing on this Dr.Phil site.  Plus the accused guys can post their version of the story.  It's all about motive---- my motive was to tell women about him and how stupid I was for falling for him.  I wasn't into "harming" him but more or less of saving someone else from the heartache.  if u want to call women who speak the truth and warn other women about the men who have betrayed them jr-high-chicks, so be it.  Its so jr-high for a man to not be honest and cheat and sleep with 7 other females and lie about the existance of his children.  AND I do feel absolutely better about the situation-- at least I know I am not alone and hearing other women's stories definitely allowed me to move on. Telling people to get a life is not helping at all.   If the haters of dontdatehimgirl.com don't understand that, then don't go to the website.
Get over it, at least your got a wonderful child out of the deal.

September 20, 2006, 7:09 am CDT

Time to get real!

I was appalled and dismayed at the attitude displayed by the creator of the 'Don't Date Him Girl" Website. 

Is this the generation that will be leading our social and political structures in the near future?  When petty emotions and greed are motivating our next generation, how does this affect the social fabric of the US  over the next 10 years.  What is the next generation teaching their children?

There seems to be a 'victim' mentality permeating our society today.  Very few are taking responsibility for their actions and 'owning' their decisions.  We all have free will in our social and personal relationships.  If you feel you are being treated badly, unfairly, not like you expect - MOVE ON!

If you need to complain about wrongs done to you, write in your diary.  It is not "REAL" to hide behind a computer screen and fabricate, embellish and paint nasty verbal pictures of a person when they have no way of defending themselves.  Either you own it and are up front about it or you let it go.

I trust that the owner  of the "Don't Date Him Girl" website will be chastised by the legal system for hiding behind the Constitution and legal loopholes. When you are running a business for profit, there are certain responsibilities.  Freedom has a price, responsibility is part of that price.

September 20, 2006, 7:10 am CDT

In Agreement

Quote From: catherineann12

Let's all hope she gets nailed in court.  This is no way shape or form is helpful to our society.  I believe what comes around goes around and this Tasha is certainly headed down the wrong road.  I will pray for her because she clearly has issues.  I am ashamed that she shares the name woman with me.

I hope he wins this lawsuit and gets all her money.  That is the only way I think she will see what she is doing wrong, losing her money.

I completely agree with you.  Even if Todd does not get a dime I hope her website is forced to shutdown, or have stricter regulations; such as, women can vent their feelings but cannot make slanderous allegations.

September 20, 2006, 7:14 am CDT

What goes around comes around

Quote From: letitus

As a woman I am so embarrassed by Tasha's behavior and the website she has created.  Women in this country have fought for years to be taken seriously and hold power, and we are still fighting today. 

Let's face it folks, who still really holds the power in our society?(White upper class Christian men).  When I say power I am referring to the individuals upholding our founding institutions (government, education etc).  Men (generally) believing we cannot play their game because we are too emotional. 

Tasha has reinforced this societal norm and is profiting from it.  Smart on her part I suppose, but damaging for the rest of us.  She has gone on national television and has come across as an immature child scorned by an ex lover and wants to see all men suffer regardless of their guilt.  She claims she makes no assumptions as to the guilt of the either party, yet she automatically assumes the defendants Todd defended were guilty which speaks to her character.

Who has not been hurt in a relationship?  Who has not be wronged by an ex (probably why they are your ex)?  These questions apply to all genders.  Why should men be slammed while the women remain anonymous, and in the words of r. Phil "gutless cowards" ?  It is one thing to complain to a friend, but when you make derogatory comments about someone on a global website that is damaging to ones character this is unacceptable.  Todd hit it on the head when he said this will affect him for the rest of his life, employers 'googling' people and so forth.  I have been told by several professors they will check websites such as "myspace" and "facebook" to investigate the students in their classes  (and the pictures of me at the last weekends kegger came down.... haha j/k), so it is not out of this world to believe future employers are doing the same thing.

In conclusion .... Todd go get her!

-No afraid to show my face and name

Lauren Titus

Criminology major NCSU

OMG!! I too was embarrassed for Tasha! She needs to move on and stop encouraging women to wallow in self-pity and revenge. What she is doing is wrong! This gives real meaning to the phrase "misery loves company". I'd rather learn from my experiences being dogged by a man than join on that self-pitying band wagon of miserable women. Don't back down Todd.  There's a  lot of women out there who feel your pain.

September 20, 2006, 7:17 am CDT

anonymous slime

I can't believe the slime this website oozes! Take this trash down as it is indicative of all that is wrong with the internet today.  If you have something derogatory to say about another, have the guts to assign your name to it.

Gary Shaw

September 20, 2006, 7:18 am CDT

Quit Whinning

Wow...I can see both sides of this.  But, guys dog women everyday and get away with it. I've often wished there was a place to warn other women.  I like that idea.  So many are insincere and hurtful, when all they have to do is be honest if they're not interested in a person.  If it isn't true, ignore it. 

September 20, 2006, 7:21 am CDT

They should take the website down!

I am totally 100% on Tod's side. I hope he takes her to court and wins all her money. She lied on the dr.phil show so many times, I can't count. She said she doesn't make money on her website and then turned around a couple minutes later and argued with Tod about her making money on the website. I just tried to get on the website to see what it was all about and you have to pay to just get in and post things. Guiltly as charged is all over her forehead. She is just mad because she isn't happy with her life so she has to make others suffer. You can clearly tell that she hates men. Oh no, she's a lesbian. Maybe we should start a website saying she's a lesbian and she has herpes. The website needs to be taking down immediately. All you females that are out there to try to ruin a guys rep. You need to get a life and grow up and stop playing high school games. Yeah, I have had bad ex's in the past, but you put it behind you and move on with life to better things. There's more fish out in the sea, literally.

September 20, 2006, 7:24 am CDT

two of a kind

Quote From: mittin

I attempted to file something on Dontdatehimgirl.com about my ex but my computer wasn't working.  So I did the next best thing-- I posted a vague comment on his website and vented about it on my own page.  I was contacted by his live-in girlfriend about a month ago and I am sure they are still together since they both have children that I had no clue about AND the home and cars that I thought were his were really someone elses.  He also made promises to my mother that he did not keep.   Yes, revenge is kinda bad but it feels great and is just temporary.  What is really great about dontdatehimgirl.com  is that it's a network of betrayed women who can just vent--- what we are pretty much doing on this Dr.Phil site.  Plus the accused guys can post their version of the story.  It's all about motive---- my motive was to tell women about him and how stupid I was for falling for him.  I wasn't into "harming" him but more or less of saving someone else from the heartache.  if u want to call women who speak the truth and warn other women about the men who have betrayed them jr-high-chicks, so be it.  Its so jr-high for a man to not be honest and cheat and sleep with 7 other females and lie about the existance of his children.  AND I do feel absolutely better about the situation-- at least I know I am not alone and hearing other women's stories definitely allowed me to move on. Telling people to get a life is not helping at all.   If the haters of dontdatehimgirl.com don't understand that, then don't go to the website.

I did happen to notice you posted even this message anonymously. huh? imagine that.

Gary

September 20, 2006, 7:27 am CDT

Todd should get justice.

I can't believe this woman feels no responsibility for what Todd is going through.  His reputation is at stake and all she can do is sit on that stage and smirk about everything he says.  If she is such a successful professional woman, why does she need to start a male bashing website?.  Women as well as men have to learn about life like most people do.  These websites weren't around years ago and people managed to conduct their lives mistakes, cheating, lies and all.  I think this lady has been hurt in her past and this is her way of getting back at those men who wronged her.  Todd may not receive monetary justice for being wronged on the Internet, but he needs to be heard in court and bring some closure to this issue of a website who's sole purpose is blame men for whatever wrong has been done to a woman whether a man has ever done a woman wrong or not.

September 20, 2006, 7:30 am CDT

09/20 Revenge of the Exes

I don't think the website dontdatehimgirl.com is responsible - I think the person who posted it is responsible. But, too bad.  This is a country of free speech.

The man suing dontdatehimgirl.com used poor judgement in his actions but he did do it - where is his ownership in it? Too bad someone wrote something negative about him. He should have never put himself in a position where that could have a chance of happening.

When are we going to take responsibility for ourselves? We need to take responsiblity for our own actions.

We may not agree with what a person says but that is just too bad. Move on.

Back to the topic of revenge -  I don't believe revenge is the best solution...the person seeking the revenge usually ends up being hurt even more. It's much better to get happy then to get even.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last