Message Boards

Topic : 01/01 Revenge of the Exes

Number of Replies: 3696
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 12:01:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/20/06) Have you ever wanted revenge on an ex-lover? How far would you go? First, look inside a legal battle that has been brewing all summer. Tasha, creator of the Web site DontDateHimGirl.com, says her site is a public forum for women to share their dating experiences and tell the "truth" about their exes. Todd says false information about him was posted on Tasha's site, and he thinks she should be liable for the negative posts. He has filed a lawsuit against her and two of the women who posted. When they face off for the first time, who does Dr. Phil think is right? Then, Ashley found out her boyfriend, Corey, had cheated on her three times during their 10-month relationship. Now, she says she wants to get revenge by exposing him to the world. So why did she recently call Corey and beg for sex? And, Corey comes clean with Ashley and tells her how he really feels. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 20, 2006, 7:43 am CDT

I hereby hold you responsible for the actions of others

Dr. Phill I hereby hold you responsiblie for the actions of others.

Sounds stupid dont it? THAT is just what Todd is doing.

Instead of suing the owner of this web site why is he NOT suing the person that wrote the comment in the first place.

I am speaking from the stand point of a person that has studied the legal profession. I am not an attorney nor am I a licensed para-legal. I just try to use common sense and logic.

I MUST state that BOTH were very rude by speaking at the same time. I could not follow what was being said. Now if Todd IS an Attorney that he should KNOW better than to speak at the same time. BOTH has a right to be heard BUT TODD is insisting that he is right by speaking at the same time at Tasha.

Personally I think the Court will have Tasha prevailing. THAN Todd can find some other avenue to try and sue Tasha.

Murry Faraday

peanut9244@glis.cc

I welcome your comments

September 20, 2006, 7:43 am CDT

My opinion on Todd...

Tasha might own the website but she doesn't control what women say or how they think. Todd should have sent an email that told her someone said something negative about him that he didn't agree with and asked to have it removed instead of exploiting everything and making into a big deal when it could have been easily resolved without having to go public. I agree with Tasha when she said he was doing it for the money because if he wasn't then he wouldn't have dragged her into it. Yes, her website may be used to make a profit, but that's why Todd works as well. We can't label her just because she has a different kind of job. Plus I think her website is a great place for women to be able to say what they need to say regardless of how "hurt" the man feels, girls need to speak their mind. I think Todd should have only sued the women that wrote the comments, not the owner of the website. That's just childish and greedy. One more thing, not all the women he's going to meet has read that website, he's making it worse for him by putting this on national television, you can't blame Tasha for his actions.

September 20, 2006, 7:45 am CDT

you are wrong

Tasha you have no right letting people post things like that about other people,half of the time it happens to be a lie,as a woman we get mad and like to get even,and we can say things that are not the right facts.To post lies about some one can be very damaging to them,belive me I have been there people had posted things about me on a web site and took my words and changed them around,so I think what this man is doing is the right thing.

September 20, 2006, 7:46 am CDT

Why Trash Someone's Life?

Who hasn't been hurt by someone?  You don't need to sabotage someone's life because you are angry with that person.  And what happened to laws against slander and defamation?  I think the person that owns this website should be found guilty because she was asked to remove the posting and refused.

WRONG

Quote From: mommycjonah

I just have to say about the show, that I think it is terribly one sided, and the first guy that was on, Todd, he obviously needs to grow a backbone, because who isn't teased or talked about in their lives. Give me a break, are you seriously going to sue this woman for giving women an outlet to display their feelings, which still constitutes free speech, by the way.... 
todd has a backbone- as I state in my comments I think she needs to wipe that smirk off her face and get a backbone of her own if she's going to continue w/this website and have the women post their names. If you've got the guts to bash someone- have the "backbone" to put your name to it and answer for it like an adult. I mean come on... free speach or not there is moral human decency to consider- would you like someone bashing you? We all have things we wouldn't want posted on a site- SAY YOUR NAME IF YOUR GONNA SLANDER SOMEONE and reap the consequences for it..... seriously!

I guess it is the age of personal responsibility

Thanks to the internet. 

While I disagree with the fact that women are allowed to post on "don't date him girl" anonymously, I do NOT disagree with the premise of the site and wish that there were a similar site for men to post about women.

It just seems to me that the reason that people post on the site is that they feel they have been hurt, lied to, or treated unfairly, and let's face facts here people, there are people (both men and women) that absolutely hurt, lie to and treat people unfairly in relationships.  In the past both men and women could serially treat people in this way because there was no way to know past relationship history. 

Now there is. Now people can be held accountable for how they behaved in past relationships.  How can that be a bad thing?  To me "don't date him girl" is a valuable resource that helps to out the dogs, the gold diggers and the liars. 

As far as potential employers "googling" potential employees and seeing what has been posted on the site - well, it might be information that the employer SHOULD know.  If a person mistreats people they are in a relationship with, how might they treat co-workers, clients or management?  It directly speaks to character.

Is the potential for abuse there? Absolutely.  That's why I think women should not be able to post anonymously, but men have the opportunity to respond and join the discussion.

Before I date someone now, you'd better believe I am checking out the site.

too much time

For Goodness sakes, some people have too much time and money on their hands if all they have to do is sue each other over a web site....Why not use that energy and money teaching boys and girls to be respectful to each other regardless of how they are treated by others?...Go to a Boy's and Girl's Club, for example, and donate the money you would use and donate the time you would spend in this frivolous lawsuit to the club...That's the best revenge, if you ask me...You can't ever make someone hurt as bad as you hurt/like you hurt because of the way they treated you...Both sides need to grow up...

September 20, 2006, 7:49 am CDT

Good Point!

Quote From: wholeperson

Maybe this site should be called "Cannottletitgo.com". Or maybe "Getalife.com". I think we all have been hurt sometime in our life over relationships and marriages that did not work out. If someone leaves you for someone else, the best revenge is let them have each other. And if someone just wants to move on without you, the best revenge is move on and live your life right. To seek revenge towards someone for anything only helps their case. It makes you look like someone who deserved to get dumped in the first place.  This site is for losers and if anyone engages to use it to "hate" others, then they get what they bring on themselves. To take the "high road" and deal with the pain of your emotions without hurting others is a display of strength. To lash out and act like a child displays only weakness.

Wow, good points!  While these women can remain anonymous, they are still capable of giving out very REAL information, including pictures of the ex.  I see no problem with these women venting their frustrations and hurt.  I do see something wrong with posting the ex's REAL information and picture on the board.  That is pure revenge and is evil and cruel.

Who is to say that the women who post that REAL information are telling the truth?  What a great way to slander an innocent male (boss, co-worker) by posting something totally slanderous and include his real name, location and picture.  If the male is truly guilty, and the woman is hurt, why not vent without the personal details?

September 20, 2006, 7:49 am CDT

bad desitions

To take a persons picture and then slash or slander a person, now matter if male or female, is just plain WRONG!  Adults should know that if done threw the internet, this is made for life. Anything that is said in writing will never leave that person, writing it and the person that is written about, will be in cyber space FOR EVER! Just like Todd said, 'If you want to apply for a position, and they see this behavior on this site, it may cost him a job that he has worked hard  for years. Just like being on a sex offenders list, it never goes away and can cost them somebody, the love of their life and a job career. Shame on you, and anyone else that continues this behavior, people online that may cause jobs, and loves that may be found. The only way is to confront person or persons involved, confront in person and resolve their problems. Then move on to a new chapter in their lives. Call it a learning experience that will, or can make you better and a stronger person.

September 20, 2006, 7:51 am CDT

REVENGE OF THE EXES

Quote From: marshall50

I can't believe this woman feels no responsibility for what Todd is going through.  His reputation is at stake and all she can do is sit on that stage and smirk about everything he says.  If she is such a successful professional woman, why does she need to start a male bashing website?.  Women as well as men have to learn about life like most people do.  These websites weren't around years ago and people managed to conduct their lives mistakes, cheating, lies and all.  I think this lady has been hurt in her past and this is her way of getting back at those men who wronged her.  Todd may not receive monetary justice for being wronged on the Internet, but he needs to be heard in court and bring some closure to this issue of a website who's sole purpose is blame men for whatever wrong has been done to a woman whether a man has ever done a woman wrong or not.
 I AGREE WITH YOU 1000%.  THIS WOMAN IS A VERY SICK INDIVIDUAL.  I HOPE HER HUSBAND GETS UP AND WALK THE HELL ON HER AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM OR IS HE IN IT FOR THE MONEY ALSO.  THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL  A TRUE LOW DOWN DIRTY SHAME.  TODD IS GOING TO BE FINE BECAUSE HE HAS ALOT OF SUPPORT BEHIND HIM AND THE ONLY SUPPORT SHE HAS IS HER LITTLE WEAK-MIND INSECURE CLICK THAT SHE COAXED INTO DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER.

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last