Message Boards

Topic : 01/01 Revenge of the Exes

Number of Replies: 3696
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 12:01:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/20/06) Have you ever wanted revenge on an ex-lover? How far would you go? First, look inside a legal battle that has been brewing all summer. Tasha, creator of the Web site DontDateHimGirl.com, says her site is a public forum for women to share their dating experiences and tell the "truth" about their exes. Todd says false information about him was posted on Tasha's site, and he thinks she should be liable for the negative posts. He has filed a lawsuit against her and two of the women who posted. When they face off for the first time, who does Dr. Phil think is right? Then, Ashley found out her boyfriend, Corey, had cheated on her three times during their 10-month relationship. Now, she says she wants to get revenge by exposing him to the world. So why did she recently call Corey and beg for sex? And, Corey comes clean with Ashley and tells her how he really feels. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 20, 2006, 7:38 am CDT

These women are sorry.

So, if there were to be a website called Don'tDateHer.com,  would these women think differently? If it were them up on the HighHorse? Noone deserves this. It is slander.  If these men cheat, or have an std, or have habbits that seem unusual to others...that is their business. Who do these women think they are exploiting these men? It is not public record! If it were public record, then the net would be full of peoples' entire life story! Mine, yours, Dr. Phil...etc,etc.
This whole thing is amazingly irritating!

September 20, 2006, 7:39 am CDT

09/20 Revenge of the Exes

I to have been cheated on in a relationship.  When I found out I moved on IMMEDIATELY  life is to short to be unhappy.  He had 2 other girlfriends at the same time. Don't get me wrong I was devastated,  but my revenge was that he lost someone who cared about him and loved him deeply.  It was his lost  :)   Now for Tasha's Site.  I feel she should delete the post.  I own 3 websites with message boards.  When someone ask that something be deleted I delete it.  All she has to do is hit the delete button.  Why drag this out to make someones life miserable. Haven't she got it that what you do to others will come back to you 3 fold. And in a worst way?   Tasha is wrong not to delete those posts.  And I have no respect for her at all.   As for Todd if someone did that to me I would drag her to the Supreme Court if I had to. People who have websites and message boards HAVE TO TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT THEY ALLOW TO BE POSTED THERE.  I do and people are free to speak their mind,  but not bully anyone. If she use that website as a business write off then she have to take responsibility for it's contents.  Just as if that business was in a building and someone fell she would have to pay off.  ( She may not have been there to see the fall or know the person)  but her insurance would have to pay.  Because as it is her business she would be responsible for what happens in it.   I'm not a lawyer but it's common sense to me.

September 20, 2006, 7:39 am CDT

This Woman is a cyberbully

Oh my goodness.  I am shocked and amazed at this woman's inability to empathize with the people she is allowing to be slandered.  She needs to think about the basic things I taught my children, such as "Treat others the way you would like to be treated"!  This is the equivalent of the teenagers who are spreading lies about other teens on websites and text messages. It is cyberbullying.  What about the man who breaks up with a woman because he has legitimate reasons and did not do anything wrong and she decides to get even because her feelings are hurt so she posts lies about him for his family and potential employers to read.   What about a man who rejects a woman because he is married and she posts lies saying that he cheated on his wife.  Lives could be ruined and this heartless woman is providing the forum for hateful, cruel behavior.   

September 20, 2006, 7:40 am CDT

Revenge of the Exes

I went to the website that they referred to in the show.  I was totally discussed with what some of the women were writing about their exes.  These are usually women that would take the jerk back in a heart beat.  I am sure that if you were about to ask all women, at some point in time revenge was a major idea.  It is the real women out there that do not act on it.  If I went around wanting revenge on every jerk that I had ever dated, it would leave me no time to do anything, it would like a full time job.  Good luck to all the guys who have had something written about them.  Hopefully you will be able to find a real woman that won't take heed to any messages written.  Good luck Todd on the success of your lawsuit!!

September 20, 2006, 7:40 am CDT

forget your ex

get over your exes. if your not together now then dont worry about it. life is too short to live in the past so move on with your life. i dont think anybody should go ona website and talk horribly about their ex, regardless of what they done to you or didnt do. i have been married for 2 years now and i use to babysit for my husband and his ex wife and she use to talk bad about me but i dont care. if anyone feels the need to talk about a ex dont do it on the internet for everyone to see because in your state of mind after a break up, you will say anything bad about a ex even if it is not true.move on with your life.

September 20, 2006, 7:41 am CDT

Always a Double Standard??

It never cease to amaze me how men stick together and women never do?  Even Dr. Phil seems like he's falling victim to this on this Todd case.  Dr. Phil, I thought that you would stay a little neutral.  As a woman, I understand Tasha's stance, because you kind of want to warn women about these horrific men, because sometimes it could be life changing.  If Todd really has herpes, than it might help one woman, at least investigate the situation before sleeping with him unprotected.  Then I understand Todd, because it has to hurt to read horrible stuff about you, but just WHAT IF  it's true?  Is he mad because it might be true? and he won't be able to hurt another woman?  This is a no win situation in both there cases.  I think Todd needs to realize that it's still a business, whether he agrees with her choice of business or not, it is still a business.  It's not her job to CARE about Todd's feelings.  He can just go on an post something to defend his character.  Point is, no matter what is said, people are going to have to make their own personal judgement, regardless of what the Internet says. 

I actually met a young man, that I told that I wasn't interested in him.  In exchange, he broke in my house and robbed the whole  house.  Stole my credit cards, jewelry, computers, etc.  After investigating it with the police, I found out that he was a serious criminal. And that was his job..to date women and when they are asleep, he stills their credit cards and money.  I just wouldn't date him, so he took my larceny to another level. Well I exposed him to anybody I know, and I posted his pictures at my shop with a beware sign.  I felt that, that was an important thing for prospecting women to know.  And I did that because of my safety issue!  I was never romantic with this man, so I didn't have the woman scorn syndrome.  I had the woman robbed syndrome!  so was i wrong for posting that?

As the Saying Goes

"Two wrongs do not make a right." Author Unknown

TASHA- enough already

I'm very disturbed by the cold and ignorant attitude that tasha presents on Dr. Phil regarding the affect that comments on her website has caused that gentleman.  Look, I'm not saying women shouldn't have the forum to vent their frustrations and whose to say alot of what is posted is not true HOWEVER- these women should not be allowed to remain annonymous- if all personal information is allowed to be posted regarding the man in question then Tasha and the women posting need to step up, behave like grown women and acknowledge who you are- don't hide behind your comments. If your woman enough to bash the guy- be woman enough to put your name on it and be ready to respond- what goes around comes around and I'm sorry but Tasha your dead wrong here allowing this type of format with annonymous contributors- get a spine, get some decency, some respect and kindness for fellow human beings- enjoy your 15 minutes of fame because what follows will have you questioning your behaviors and soul searching to repair the ugliness you'll find each time you look at yourself in the mirror.   Enough is enough already- get the postings off or have these women fess up and put a name to their slander.  Her demenor disgusts me.

September 20, 2006, 7:42 am CDT

too much time

For Goodness sakes, some people have too much time and money on their hands if all they have to do is sue each other over a web site....Why not use that energy and money teaching boys and girls to be respectful to each other regardless of how they are treated by others?...Go to a Boy's and Girl's Club, for example, and donate the money you would use and donate the time you would spend in this frivolous lawsuit to the club...That's the best revenge, if you ask me...You can't ever make someone hurt as bad as you hurt/like you hurt because of the way they treated you...Both sides need to grow up...

September 20, 2006, 7:43 am CDT

todd is right

todd is definetly right about this website. he dont deserve to have all these bad things said about him or his career. like he said on the show it has messed with his life and he only has one and dont need it taken away nor his happiness. if a woman sees him on the site and all the bad things other woman have said then they would not want to date him, not unless they have a opened mind and realize what people will say when they are upset. he is right this messes with his happiness. i hope he finds happiness and the webiste needs to be taken down.

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last