Message Boards

Topic : 09/22 Follow-Ups

Number of Replies: 57
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 12:06:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil checks in on some of his most stubborn guests! Brandon has been battling a drug addiction since his intervention took place on the Dr. Phil stage three years ago. The last time Dr. Phil met with Brandon, he was behind bars after failing multiple drug tests. After 185 days, Brandon is being released from jail. Does he have a support system in place to help turn his life around for good? Then, what’s the latest on teen runaway, Amanda? Dr. Phil’s investigators tracked her down thousands of miles from home and brought her back. But Amanda was less than willing to do what her parents wanted. Where is she now? Plus, a reformed male chauvinist, summer slim success stories and more! Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 18, 2006, 2:39 pm CDT

Brandon Congratulations!

Hi! I am wanting to say congratulations to  Brandon and let him know that my thought and prya are with him as he decides to change his life . I want to hope that Brandon's family has exceted him and is supporting thaeir son because it is the right thing do. Brandon do you have a support group at your side should you decide to clean up your life and start from scratch? I lost an uncle from Liver problems due to drinking.  I hope that you can clean your life up, to be able to get a good paying job to show your parents that you can be trusted. Good Luck In Life!

star211

September 20, 2006, 6:11 pm CDT

I've been there - 16 years ago

I wish Brandon the very best.  He has a long road ahead of him.  I spent most of my 20's hooked on black tar heroin and went to treatment many times before I cleaned up.  It is hard for people to understand the effects of heroin if they haven't actually been there.
Brandon is NOT exaggerating when he says he didn't sleep for even an hour in the first two weeks he was in jail.  He didn't.  It's horrible. 
An alocholic can relapse and turn around a week later and get back into recovery.   A black tar heroin user relapses and they have a habit immediately.  Two days and they are "dope sick."  They want to quit and CAN'T because they need a fix just to feel "normal," to quit throwing, shaking and to simply be able to function and be able to sleep.  Alot of junkies will commit a crime just so they can be locked up away from the availability of the drug and get clean enough to get back into recovery.
I hope Brandon surrounds himself with clean and sober people so he is away from temptation.
I've been clean for over 16 years ago and I count my blessings every day.  I do not know one single solitary person from my past who is not dead, in prison or still using.  Not one.  It hurts.
I hope and pray Brandon seriously realizes the battle he has ahead of him.  It is going to be so hard but I know for a fact that it is well worth it.  I am so happy today and black tar is the farthest thing from my mind.  That was a lifetime ago.  Brandon, you can have that too.  God Bless!!!

September 22, 2006, 6:20 am CDT

Bravo, Amanda!

All I have seen so far is the online slideshow version (our market doesn't get Dr.P. until 5 PM ET), but I wanted to get this post up.

Glad to hear that Amanda seems to have turned her attitude around. Hopefully, Linda & dad (I forget his name) have improved as well. I hope the turnaround is genuine...she doesn't have to be a clone or parrot of her parents (God forbid!), but she needed to learn that a household, like society in general, has rules that need to be followed, even when we don't like them. 

One thing I am curious about: The slideshow version mentions in 1 sentence "[Amanda] is no longer dating the boyfriend...". Who ended it, Amanda or George, i.e., did she see the light, or did he dump her as soon as the taping was finished b/c of (a) the trouble heaped upon him and his and/or (b) she was no longer around to gratify him sexually? 

September 22, 2006, 6:34 am CDT

Brandon

Brandon,

I wish you nothing but the very best life  has to offer.What a lucky young man you are to have such wonderful parents[it's heart breaking to see them in so much pain].Brandon you need to get Fair Dinkum with your recovery,pull out all stops,what ever it takes,just do it.  I'm on the other side of the world and i care about you.On the Dr Phil show today  in Australia,Dr Phil was interviewing you in  jail,it was a bit of a shock,i really thought you beat your habit.I'm pleased your out now ,and with all the resources at your disposal I certainly  hope you  make full use of them,and beat this once and for all.Good Luck, Brandon.  I'll be thinking of you ,and your  family.

September 22, 2006, 7:28 am CDT

Don'tdatehimgirl.com

This story really bothered me. Women should have more respect for themselves than to badmouth people on the internet. Why can't they confront their boyfriends face to face? The fact that they remain anonyous while they post names and pictures is unfair. Everyone gets their heart broken. That's a fact of life. Deal with it. I feel very bad for Todd. How would these women react if there was a website for men to rate or spread rumors about women and post their pictures with comments relating to whether or not their boobs were real or how they are in bed?

The woman who runs the website sickens me. She seems just as bitter as the women doing the posting.

Bottom line it makes women look bad.

September 22, 2006, 7:39 am CDT

Well, gosh, you need 2 VCR's

Quote From: jinxxycat

Very dissappointed that the show was moved here in Pittsburgh from ABC to CBS, and now it is on the same time as my regular soap "General Hospital".  I can't tape it when GH is being taped.   Frustrated that I can no longer watch Dr. Phil.  :(

Sounds like you're at work and obviously can't watch GH while Dr. Phil is being taped. You gotta get yourself another VCR.  I'm not too thrilled with the change either.  Now when Dr. Phil comes on at 3:00 p.m., I feel like I need to eat breakfast again!!  Guess we'll adjust in time.  Toodles... 

September 22, 2006, 9:32 am CDT

09/22 Follow-Ups

I hope that Amanda learns that she needs to stay here in the US, and do what her parents ask of her, being  amother of three myself, I would be so devestated if any of my children went missing, let alone were to runaway! I hope and wish Brendan the best, and hope that he is able to continue to do good!

September 22, 2006, 12:42 pm CDT

Great!!!

I'm thrilled about all the progress that everyone has made! Good luck and God Bless to all of you!

September 22, 2006, 12:44 pm CDT

GoT Dr.PhiL?

I can really relate to Brandons family. My mother and father got divorced when I was 12 and later that year she started dating again. She met a guy that was a crack addict. Which was totally unlike her she never used drugs.She feel head over heels. He finally took her for everything she had and much more. Me and mother lost our bond and she continued to use 6 years later. Finally this year 3-4 months before my son was born she quit using and has not relasped to this day. She quit so she could be allowd to see her grandson. Thank you God for your help. If it wasn't for the gift of God my mother still would be using and I wouldn't have my gift I cherish today. So yes addiction is hard to beat. With family,love, support you can over the impossible. Thanks for making differences in peoples lives dr.phil your my fav! (THANKS TO OUR TROOPS)

September 22, 2006, 1:00 pm CDT

I feel sorry for Brandon

Maintaining his sobriety is Brandon`s #1 priority, and rightfully so, but his life will never be easy. As a recovering addict myself (clean almost 13 years), and having a felony drug conviction, I understand the difficult journey Brandon has embarked upon. I can`t get a decent job. Any job that you could support a family with, is practically unatainable to someone with a felony drug conviction. I will probably never own a home, drive a new car or retire before the day I die. Unless if somebody is wealthy before getting into trouble, the odds are stacked against them for the rest of their lives.

I wish Brandon all the best in his life, and if he reads the message boards, I just want to tell him to stay strong. When you can only find minimum wage employment (because decent jobs require background checks), and have to get a friend to rent you an apartment (once again, background checks), that`s when you need to be strongest. Staying clean when you`re happy is easy, doing it when all you want to do is escape reality, isn`t.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last