Message Boards

Topic : 09/22 Follow-Ups

Number of Replies: 57
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 12:06:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil checks in on some of his most stubborn guests! Brandon has been battling a drug addiction since his intervention took place on the Dr. Phil stage three years ago. The last time Dr. Phil met with Brandon, he was behind bars after failing multiple drug tests. After 185 days, Brandon is being released from jail. Does he have a support system in place to help turn his life around for good? Then, what’s the latest on teen runaway, Amanda? Dr. Phil’s investigators tracked her down thousands of miles from home and brought her back. But Amanda was less than willing to do what her parents wanted. Where is she now? Plus, a reformed male chauvinist, summer slim success stories and more! Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 16, 2006, 2:16 pm CDT

I wish the best for Brandon!

Our family has a member who has spent many years addicted to crack. I pray that Brandon and his support group will get him sucessfuly by the temptation to return to his former habits.

September 16, 2006, 5:48 pm CDT

The Gift of Desperation

I can relate to what both Brandon and his parents are going through.  As a person in recovery I didn't get it until I received the gift of desperation...I wanted to live more than I wanted to die. My recovery began at that moment and I haven't looked back. Life is still life, but my AA support group is always there to pick me up.  To Brandon I say nothing new...get a group...get active..get a sponsor..work the steps...and hang with the winners.  They will always be there for you.  The elevator WILL continue to go down, but we don't have to stay on till the bottom.  Brandon can take that choice back.  It's a disease that affects every person in the lives that we come in contact while we defend our "right" to mow them down.

As a parent who has a son that is 22 and has been doing exactly what Brandon has been doing (since he was 14) I can relate to what his parents are feeling...the guilt..the poor me's...the why can't I fix/help him. And there is a wonderful support group out there for them also...it's call Al-Anon.  Same rules apply..get a group..get a sponsor...get active...work the steps...hang with the winners.  They will always be there for you.  You didn't cause it, you can't control it, you can't cure it. But you can help you.  And that is just as important.

Godspeed from an alcoholic and a parent of an alcoholic.

September 16, 2006, 6:50 pm CDT

brandon

I hope and pray that Brandon is doing much better, he is such a good looking young man and has a full life ahead of him....it would be a shame if he went back on drugs, for his sake and his families sake i hope that he has gotten off of them, before it's too late!!

September 16, 2006, 7:35 pm CDT

I can't wait

I can't wait to see this show.   I would love to see what happened to Brandon, and I hope Greg has changed his chauvenistic ways and started treating Amy better.

September 17, 2006, 4:26 am CDT

good wishes brandon

I can't wait to see how Brandon is doing....I think he has a wonderful family behind him and I wish him nothing but the best

September 17, 2006, 7:30 am CDT

09/22 Follow-Ups

Dr. Phil,

I have been cheering for Brandon since the first time I saw him and his family on your show.  His mother reminds me so much of my mother.  My sister who has been on drugs since age 14 has just completed her 1 year of being drug free.  When the rest of the family kept telling my mother to let her go, she just couldn't do it.  I remember her telling me before I became a mother, that I did not understand a mother's love.  Now I am a mom and I do understand what she meant.  My sister will be 44 Oct. 24. 2006.  We are proud that she has gone this long without drugs, but we are also cautious and very much aware of how strong the desire to do drugs can be.  I am a nurse and I have enough knowledge to know that it is an every day struggle, especially since she has been on drugs for such a long period.  My heart goes out to Brandon and his family, but I want them to know that there is hope and do not give up on him.  He deserves their love and support, but do not enable him.  He will find his way.  Let him know that he is loved but not his addition nor his behavior.

September 17, 2006, 9:43 pm CDT

Brandon

Quote From: cantbereal

I can't wait to see how Brandon is doing....I think he has a wonderful family behind him and I wish him nothing but the best

Brandon and Family,

I wish you all the best where Brandon is concerned.  I too have been concerned for him and think the world of his family.  His mother and father are wonderful and you can see they love him so much.  I have a brother now 41 whom has been addicted to crack cocaine for at least 15 yrs.  He's good looking, very smart, sweet demeanor  and cannot stay away from drugs.  He has been locked

up 3 times for failing the drug test once he's visited his probation officers.  He has been clean off and on.  He tries to stay from them but, if you continue friendships with people that still have the habit then, I know you won't be able to kick the habit.  Brandon, please stay away from those drugs.

My brother doesn't have the financial means to get to an institution to assist him, but, I guess it won't make a difference if you refuse to resist and refuse family support.  You may not know how

important family support is but ask Dr Phil to share those statistics.  Most family turn away from their kids, and many of them become adults where family feel there is no hope.  Why would you

prefer to be homeless, hungry and left on the streets panhandling for money to do drugs.  This isn't

a life you want, and I am sure your family will not support your habit and will do whatever necessary

to protect your brother from making the same mistake.

Would love to see you straighten up, be a hero and not a zero..... Show your friends that you have strayed away from that reckless lifestyle......     

Patrice  (Your family out here are pulling for U, we Luv U)

September 18, 2006, 8:28 am CDT

Why The Drugs

Quote From: trice2

Brandon and Family,

I wish you all the best where Brandon is concerned.  I too have been concerned for him and think the world of his family.  His mother and father are wonderful and you can see they love him so much.  I have a brother now 41 whom has been addicted to crack cocaine for at least 15 yrs.  He's good looking, very smart, sweet demeanor  and cannot stay away from drugs.  He has been locked

up 3 times for failing the drug test once he's visited his probation officers.  He has been clean off and on.  He tries to stay from them but, if you continue friendships with people that still have the habit then, I know you won't be able to kick the habit.  Brandon, please stay away from those drugs.

My brother doesn't have the financial means to get to an institution to assist him, but, I guess it won't make a difference if you refuse to resist and refuse family support.  You may not know how

important family support is but ask Dr Phil to share those statistics.  Most family turn away from their kids, and many of them become adults where family feel there is no hope.  Why would you

prefer to be homeless, hungry and left on the streets panhandling for money to do drugs.  This isn't

a life you want, and I am sure your family will not support your habit and will do whatever necessary

to protect your brother from making the same mistake.

Would love to see you straighten up, be a hero and not a zero..... Show your friends that you have strayed away from that reckless lifestyle......     

Patrice  (Your family out here are pulling for U, we Luv U)

Our governments have allowed drugs into our country and here do very little to really crack down on their sale. A country only gets what the law allows. They can be seen selling them in every city in the country but rarely do the authorities do anything. If your country is full of crime then it is obvious that the authorities, the law is doing very little to stop it. The implications are that by ignoring it they are condoning it. Our laws are very lacx on crack down on drug pushers, millions are  being spent to prevent terrorists but little is spent on stopping drug trafficing. It shows where their priorities stand.  

September 18, 2006, 9:22 am CDT

09/22 Follow-Ups

Quote From: dotell

Our governments have allowed drugs into our country and here do very little to really crack down on their sale. A country only gets what the law allows. They can be seen selling them in every city in the country but rarely do the authorities do anything. If your country is full of crime then it is obvious that the authorities, the law is doing very little to stop it. The implications are that by ignoring it they are condoning it. Our laws are very lacx on crack down on drug pushers,millions are being spent to prevent terrorists but little is spent on stopping drug trafficing. It shows where their priorities stand.
Blame the gov't? Brandon appears to be well-educated and had an above average life style growing up. Having said this, he has heard the dangers of drugs since Kindergarten. Granted he was a kid, but you teach kids from little tykes that they suffer the consequences of their decisions. He has had more chances than a lot of people. His arrogance is still in the way of any recovery. As a member of Al-Anon for a long time, tough love is still a best answer. It's hard, very hard, but it works more often than not.

Now, blame the gov't?  Seems to be the answer to everything. Anything we don't like or understand blame the gov't. By the way who do you thinki that is...it's every one we vote into office. The courts and jails are fulll of  people with drug-related arrests,and the court dockets are backed up for months because of it.  Go ask your liberal law-makers, lobbyists etc how they feel about illegal immigration--do you have any idea how many drugs are brought in with them?  The gov't is way down on the list of people to blame. If no one bought the drugs how could they push them? Hmmm

September 18, 2006, 12:35 pm CDT

I can't watch the show anymore

Very dissappointed that the show was moved here in Pittsburgh from ABC to CBS, and now it is on the same time as my regular soap "General Hospital".  I can't tape it when GH is being taped.   Frustrated that I can no longer watch Dr. Phil.  :(

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last