Message Boards

Topic : Coping with the Death of a Child

Number of Replies: 757
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 03:28:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Losing a child is especially traumatic, share your memories, stories and support with others here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 12, 2008, 4:07 pm CST

Suicide or Murder in Texas?

My then 19 year old son, Joshua, was found dead in Amsler Park/McGregor, Texas on February 16, 2006. At the time, in the "fog of grief", I only had the word of the McGregor police to go on.

However, once I began thinking about the circumstances that took place, I KNEW my son would not commit suicide, as the police presumed~WITHOUT AN INVESTIGATION!

It is now almost 3 years later, and McGregor Police Dept. still refuses to answer pertinent questions concerning the suspicious death of my son.

I have found out many things through my own research and the hiring of a private investigator. I discovered that it was a McGregor patrol officer that saw my son alive in the park @ 1AM, making him the last person to see Joshua alive!

Joshua died between 1:15AM and 2:15AM!

Per the statements of the 4 officers, his body was stiff and cold to the touch, thus rigor mortis was fully developed, which takes 3-4 hours, depending on the outside temperature. He was found by a jogger @ 5:15AM. The jogger called 911 @ 5:15AM, but McGregor police were not dispatched until 5:35AM, arriing one minute later.

The officers stated they did not recognize the victim, yet only 8 minutes later, former Officer Norris ran a wants and warrants check on UNKNOWN victim, WITHOUT IDENTIFICATION!

After the Justice of the Peace pronounced him deceased, the back of his shirt was pulled down, revealing ROBINSON tattooed across his upper back. One of the officers commented, "Because of the proximity to the Robinson's home, they figured he must be a cousin they had never dealt with."

McGregor police officers knew both of my sons, especially Joshua!

There is a 10PM curfew in Amsler Park.

Four of the five officers on scene, were asked to resign in June, 2006.

Please read the rest of the story @ www.americaiswatching.org Joshua Robinson.

Attached documents, including a crime scene photo.

Also, there is an attached petition.

Thank you

December 17, 2008, 2:51 pm CST

Holiday's and Loss of Children

I lost my youngest son at the tender age of 9 years old in a car accident.  My prayer is for every parent on here to feel the peace and joy of what the season is about.  Our reason for the season is my rock!

December 18, 2008, 8:14 am CST

Thank you

Quote From: cheekylay

I lost my youngest son at the tender age of 9 years old in a car accident.  My prayer is for every parent on here to feel the peace and joy of what the season is about.  Our reason for the season is my rock!

For your sentiment! I could not have said it any better.

I too lost my daughter to a car accident at the age of 14, on November 8, 2003. My heart is with every parent that has lost a child, this holiday season.

December 19, 2008, 2:51 pm CST

LOST MY ONLY SON

My son was my life and he served 8 years in the Marines BUT due to PTSD he committed suicide on May 2, 2008 and I cant get over it.  I haven't gone back to work and I cry all day and night.  Everyone including my paster thinks I should be over it by now.  I have some grief support groups online and being treated for severe depression.  My husband doesn't understand either since it was his step son.  I feel so alone and talk with God all the time.  My only peace is knowing my son was saved and he is finally at peace in heaven and doesn't have to be stress daily for all he saw and had to do while in the Marines.

Thank you for listening and WE ALL NEED TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AFTER THEY GET BACK INTO THE STATES and tell them daily You are Proud of Them!!!!!

Thanks,

Marine Mom

Debbie

January 3, 2009, 9:23 pm CST

Coping with the Death of a Child

Quote From: countrytxg7

My son was my life and he served 8 years in the Marines BUT due to PTSD he committed suicide on May 2, 2008 and I cant get over it.  I haven't gone back to work and I cry all day and night.  Everyone including my paster thinks I should be over it by now.  I have some grief support groups online and being treated for severe depression.  My husband doesn't understand either since it was his step son.  I feel so alone and talk with God all the time.  My only peace is knowing my son was saved and he is finally at peace in heaven and doesn't have to be stress daily for all he saw and had to do while in the Marines.

Thank you for listening and WE ALL NEED TO SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AFTER THEY GET BACK INTO THE STATES and tell them daily You are Proud of Them!!!!!

Thanks,

Marine Mom

Debbie

Don't feel you have to account for your grieving; this was your precious son who you lost.  We just lost our 19-year-old son on December 14th, 2008 and are devastated.  God is with us, or course, but that doesn't change the fact that we are grieving horribly and will miss him for life.  Everything is a reminder; only God can get us through this tragedy. 

January 12, 2009, 10:26 am CST

Coping with the Death of a Child

I lost my daughter when she was seven weeks old.  I remember the day to a tee.  I went to work after waking her father to let him know I was leaving and that i had just fed her.  I never new that that was going to be the last time i would see my baby alive.  My work day was almost over and i got a call it was my baby's daddy telling me he could not wake her and i said what do you mean she wont wake up, he said she wont wake up, I left work to find my baby's daddy sitting on the couch holding our baby blowing smoke in her face, I then called my mother told her to meet me at the hospital and we left.  I have tried so hard to forget that day but it wont go away it has been 15 years and it still haunts me.  I should have seen the signs but i was so blind I didn't think that he would ever do something like this.  The autopsy showed that he had been hit in the back of the head with his fist a number of times. I have two other children and a step child, but I cant get that day out of my head.

January 12, 2009, 2:21 pm CST

Coping with my Loss

I feel for the parents who have to sit back and watch thier child go through this. I just wanted to reach out to the tv and hug them. My son hid his drugs from me and i had no idea what he was doing. He graduated high school and looked up to his brother who was 2 years older. The phone rang on Oct 30th of 2005 and I was told that my son was found with a needle in his arm and his eyes in the back of his head. I told my ex that he needed to call somebody and turn him in and get him help right away. Thanksgiving of 2005 he was due to come back from his visit with his dad. His dad told me he wasn't going to turn him in because he didn't want him to go to jail. I was determined that when he came back home I was going to get him help. On Nov 10th 2005 my phone rang at 6am and it was my dad asking to talk to my husband. I could hear it in his voice that something was wrong. I was told my 19 year old baby had died in his sleep. It finally showed that it was a overdose of heroin. That is something I will never forget. I cried for days , hated myself, blamed myself, and tried to drink myself to death. I used a razor to cut my arms up, but as you see it didn't help. I have come to realize that God wanted him for a purpose. We are not given a time of how long we will be here. I miss him more then you will ever know. Then in Sept of 2008 hurricane Ike came in and flooded our homes. We stayed as long as we could until the water was about 2 ft in our house. Then we finally left and went to a close by shopping center. When the eye of the storm came through we tried to come back home because I wanted my sons Urn. Well when we left we left the door open cause of the water and everything just floated out. It looked like a war zone, some still to today is bad. We had 5ft of water in our house and 7 ft in our yard. But my point was I just wanted my babies Urn, so when we came home we searched and I cried and I cried, and then I just had to go into a bedroom and move a mattress and when I did the Urn was standing straight up not even wet. My point of this is to please if you think or hear your child is doing drugs please help them or get them help so you never have to go through what I am going through everyday. I miss him more and more.Don't let yourself be me and go through it.

January 16, 2009, 11:58 am CST

I buried 2 of mine the same day to ODing !

I lost my 25 year old daughter Nov 16, 2009, 2 months ago today... I was sending her an email when the

officers came to my door.  I knew... valium & methadone was the combination, this time, she had ODed many times, 2 yrs ago she shot herself in the face...and lived !!!  Many surgeries, much work went into trying to help her inside & out... She wanted OUT !... 4 days later as we viewed her body in her coffin, my

baby boy 21 yrs old just couldn't take it, seeing her in there, he leaned over & promised her they would be together soon... I found him dead, in the bed next to me the next morning... xanax & methadone was his

last consumption.  We had to post pone Darcey's funeral 2  days to get Zach's ready... So I buried BOTH

my only girl & my baby boy... TOGETHER... Talk about stress !!! God Help me... I miss them !!!

January 16, 2009, 3:53 pm CST

need help

dr phil,  I lost my son in august 2007,  I am also have hepatitis C .  They can't start me on medication until my depression is under control.  I also lost my sister, my grandmother and my father and aunt.  but my son was the big one.  anyway to help with depression would be appreciated.  for me it could be a matter of life or death.  on top of all this I'm having to go thru the court system to try to get an inheiratance who a caretaker said my father gifted her.  He had dementia.  I dont see an end to all this and as it stands I am lathargic just to the point of paralism.  please help me I really am so sick and tired of everything,  I have no income and I been told social security won't come for another six monthes.  I don't think I can go on much longer.                    thankyou       Dawn Austin

January 20, 2009, 6:55 pm CST

my 3 year old angel

My son was 3 years old when he died over thirty years ago and after all these years i had thought that he had passed in his sleep,from what I was told, but the devastating news came out to me in OCTOBER

2006 that when he was being babysat downstairs from me by his gomother and her HUSBAND that the story that I now  have to live with everyday of the rest of my life and suffer until JUSTICE is sereved is horrible the witness came forward to tell me my LIL JOE ,my sweet angel had been beaten to death I have fought with the STATE ,HOSPITALS ,FUNERAL Parlor GOVERMENT and any other person who is involved in this COLD CASE that I will never stop investagating until I start getting the answers also the JUSTICE I need to solve this case .

IT was bad enough and hard enough for me to lose him then but to find out my little boy suffered a devastating death is a horror I know that one day through all the suffering and pain I live with now everyday with the help of GOD and MYSELF also the LOVE and DEVOTION of my FAMILY I get I will never let this person get away with this .remember he was only 3 and never deserved to suffer this horrible pain and now I will suffer with him until I can get some  help to get this COLD CASE resolved I will keep struggling to keep going for my LITTLE ANGEL if anyone has any suggestions for me and can help ease this pain please do so.THANK YOU ALL for listening I also want you all to know who ever has lost a LOVED ONE YOU ARE IN ALL MY PRAYERS and I light a candle everyday all over my home for all the siblings and LOVED ONES LOST

First | Prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | Next | Last