Message Boards

Topic : Coping with the Death of a Child

Number of Replies: 757
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 15, 2006, 03:28:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Losing a child is especially traumatic, share your memories, stories and support with others here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 18, 2006, 12:01 am CDT

Coping with the Death of a Child

Five years later and it's still not easy.  I lost my daughter and best friend at that same moment of her death.

September 19, 2006, 7:01 pm CDT

I DO understand

Quote From: alwill210

Five years later and it's still not easy.  I lost my daughter and best friend at that same moment of her death.

It was just one year on 7/16/06 @ 1:40am that I lost my son James to the monster/deman of addiction. Everyone that new him and met him loved him.

He worked 24/7 and owned nothing. He was a carpenter and was building the Panthers homes here in NC.

My heart aches all day and all night.

Only a mother like you really knows.

September 21, 2006, 8:42 am CDT

Coping with the death of a child

I know what it's like to loose a child. I lost my infant son 20 years ago to SIDS. To this day I still mourn for him. Most days are ok. Other days like his birthday, the anniversary of his death still bother me. I always wonder what he would have been like, what he would be doing. I never got to see him crawl, say his first word, take his first step. My arms still ache to hold him. Losing a child is the most horrific thing in the world. They are supposed to bury us not us bury them.

September 21, 2006, 10:00 am CDT

The Death of My 6 Year Old Grandson

In June of this Year I Received The Phone Call No One Wants To Get... It Was My Son Hardly Able To Get The Words Out. The Words That Changed My Life Forever.... Mom, We Lost Devon....Devon Is My Daughters Child...There Are No Words To Describe The Feelings You Go Through.....No Words At All...My Beautiful 6 Year Old Grandson Was Gone., In Just A Blink Of An Eye....It Was a Freak Accident, In His Own Front Yard..Not Only Do I Have The Heartbreak Of Losing My Grandson, But To See The Pain My Daughter, Son In Law , Grandson, Son, Daughter, Husband and All The Family That Loved Devon So Much, Have To Live With Every Single Moment Of Their Being, Is so Unbearable....Knowing The Horror The Night of The Accident, Trying So Hard To Revive Him.....I CAN'T FIX THIS, And Its Killing Me...Devon Was A Beautiful Little Boy Inside And Out...He Was a Kind, Gentle, Caring, Little Boy That Always, Out Of No Were, Tell You "I Love You"...And Even Would Say, You Are In My  Heart...Do He Know Something None Of Us Did.....I Am So Sad, How Do You Get Through All The Heart Break and How Do I Help The Ones I Love......Please Visit Devons Memorial Website at www.memory-of.com

September 21, 2006, 3:24 pm CDT

I LOST MY ONLY DAUGHTER

I lost my only daughter 29 yrs ago.....i worked thru my grief  and sadness by helping other parents who have lost a child.....to this day it still hurts  but helping other people has helped me..

September 21, 2006, 4:18 pm CDT

I LOST MY DAUGHTER FIVE YEARS AGO THIS FEB 8, 2007 SHE WAS 10 YEARS WHEN KILLED IN A CAR ACCIDENT DUE TO ROAD RAGE I DEAL WITH THE LOSS OF MY CHILD EVERY DAY.  I COPE WITH THE LOSS BY BELIEVING IN GOD AND ENJOY EVERY DAY WITH MY SON THAT IS NOW 6 YEARS OLD I LOOK AT THE FACT THAT MY SON WILL NEVER HAVE HIS BIG SISTER TO GUIDE HIM.  THANKS TO THE MAN THAT CAUSED THE ROAD RAGE THAT IS IN PRISON AND WILL BE OUT IN 4 YEARS.  I FEEL FOR MY SISTER EVERY DAY WITH THIS LOSS ALSO BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER WAS IN THE CAR WRECK WITH MY SISTER.  SHE HAS A HARD TIME WITH IT, I ASK MYSELF ALL THE TIME WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE MY CHILD BUT I WOULDN'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO HAVE TO LOSE A CHILD EITHER ITS THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN TO A MOTHER.

September 21, 2006, 4:19 pm CDT

DEATH OF OUR SON

TEN MONTHS AGO WE LOST OUR SON DUE TO A SEVERE AND RARE KIDNEY DISEASE.  HE WAS ONLY 51/2 MONTHS OLD  EVERYDAY IS A STRUGGLE TO GET THROUGH.  I FIND MYSELF THINKING ABOUT HIM ALMOST CONSTANTLY.  WE MISS HIM VERY MUCH.  I TAKE HOPE AND COMFORT  IN THE FACT THAT HE IS IN HEAVEN AND NOT SUFFERING ANYMORE.  I KNOW I WILL SEE HIM AGAIN SOMEDAY.  I THANK THE LORD EACH DAY FOR MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER.  I FIND IT HELPS THAT I CAN SHARE OUR STORY TO OTHERS THAT ARE GOING THROUGH SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES.

September 21, 2006, 4:31 pm CDT

Quote From: tami3428

I LOST MY DAUGHTER FIVE YEARS AGO THIS FEB 8, 2007 SHE WAS 10 YEARS WHEN KILLED IN A CAR ACCIDENT DUE TO ROAD RAGE I DEAL WITH THE LOSS OF MY CHILD EVERY DAY.  I COPE WITH THE LOSS BY BELIEVING IN GOD AND ENJOY EVERY DAY WITH MY SON THAT IS NOW 6 YEARS OLD I LOOK AT THE FACT THAT MY SON WILL NEVER HAVE HIS BIG SISTER TO GUIDE HIM.  THANKS TO THE MAN THAT CAUSED THE ROAD RAGE THAT IS IN PRISON AND WILL BE OUT IN 4 YEARS.  I FEEL FOR MY SISTER EVERY DAY WITH THIS LOSS ALSO BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER WAS IN THE CAR WRECK WITH MY SISTER.  SHE HAS A HARD TIME WITH IT, I ASK MYSELF ALL THE TIME WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE MY CHILD BUT I WOULDN'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO HAVE TO LOSE A CHILD EITHER ITS THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN TO A MOTHER.

YOU ARE RIGHT... THE DEATH OF A CHILD IS THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN TO A MOTHER.  SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH.  I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEDAYS MY SON WAS HERE AND NOW SO QUICKLY HE IS GONE.  I GUESS I SUFFER FROM THE "WHAT WOULD HAVE BEENS"  WHAT WOULD HE LOOK LIKE NOW?  YOU KNOW THAT KIND OF THING.  THE FIRST YEAR MILESTONE DAYS HAVE BEEN TOUGH.  I WILL REMEMBER YOU ON FEB 8TH. 

September 21, 2006, 9:43 pm CDT

Quote From: cookies999

In June of this Year I Received The Phone Call No One Wants To Get... It Was My Son Hardly Able To Get The Words Out. The Words That Changed My Life Forever.... Mom, We Lost Devon....Devon Is My Daughters Child...There Are No Words To Describe The Feelings You Go Through.....No Words At All...My Beautiful 6 Year Old Grandson Was Gone., In Just A Blink Of An Eye....It Was a Freak Accident, In His Own Front Yard..Not Only Do I Have The Heartbreak Of Losing My Grandson, But To See The Pain My Daughter, Son In Law , Grandson, Son, Daughter, Husband and All The Family That Loved Devon So Much, Have To Live With Every Single Moment Of Their Being, Is so Unbearable....Knowing The Horror The Night of The Accident, Trying So Hard To Revive Him.....I CAN'T FIX THIS, And Its Killing Me...Devon Was A Beautiful Little Boy Inside And Out...He Was a Kind, Gentle, Caring, Little Boy That Always, Out Of No Were, Tell You "I Love You"...And Even Would Say, You Are In My  Heart...Do He Know Something None Of Us Did.....I Am So Sad, How Do You Get Through All The Heart Break and How Do I Help The Ones I Love......Please Visit Devons Memorial Website at www.memory-of.com
I am so sorry for your loss.  Just having someone to listen when you talk helps...they don't need to "know the right words" or even talk much...just being there for them will help.  When I lost my 7 year old daughter over 15 years ago, I withdrew into a shell.  I wish now that I had let some of my caring family in to help me grieve.  Bless you for being there for them.  Your pain is new and harder to bear right now.  It will lessen with time, although you will never forget.  I will pray for all of you each day. 

September 27, 2006, 9:13 pm CDT

lost

Quote From: tami3428

Hello, I want to say that I am praying for you , also I would like to share my story , I lost my 5year old in a car and train accident , It was so wierd , one minute she was there and know she is gone , It happened so fast , April 5,2006 was the date !  We all have to grab what you have know  and hold on , believe me I know that this will never make It better , but just remember that the ones you love is closer than you think!  My Prays are with you!

sincerly,coffee2005

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last