Message Boards

Topic : Physically Challenged Adults Support

Number of Replies: 86
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, September 17, 2006, 12:10:41 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Share advice and support with other adults with a physical disability or special needs.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 11, 2007, 2:47 pm CST

hmm. I didn't do it. lol

Quote From: dabny1957

Hi Becky!

Nice to meet you and to hear from others like me.  It's rough.  I hate being on SSI and Mediciad!  IF I can ever get thing under better control and pain bearable, I want to one day get back into the work force and be a tax paying citizen again.  It's very demeaning being on SSI .  People like to think we are just lazy.  I'd like to know what the doctors feel we arre to do, roll over and croack?  I don't think so, I want to be able to go north to see my grandbabies! It's bad enough they had my grandsons baptism yesterday, and they never even let me know they were having it!  I called my son to visit, and he was saying he had to go, to get around for Alex's baptism.  They couldn't wait until we (my bf and I) go back up north in the May  for the summer!  Anyhow that is another story

I also once have tried suicide,  about 7 years ago, but not due to my health, from going through a divorce.  Where was DR. Phil back when I was married? LOL  I think he could of saved our marraige!  We both was being stubborn. But we are at least friends now. That is another story.

To get back on track here.  My heart, I've had CHF and Atrial fib.  I've had a few cardio conversions and an ablation.  I am crossing my fingers, since the last conversion last June,  it's stayed normal.  But it is getting the time of year it usually goes back into Atrial fib.  I don't think the time of year has anything to do with it. But, it's just the way it has worked for me. 

Man we both have had the bad stuff at a relatively young age!!!  It would be nice if we could do like they do with automobiles when the bodies bad , but the insides are good they just replace the bodies and visa versa. lol

With my back I have degenerative disk disease, which causes siatica,  and then the rest of me has rheumatoid arthritis.

I go to get started on pain management on friday, since there are no neurosurgeons in state of FL that takes medicaid.  With my heart I do not know what they can do for me, but will see.

I'm glad you dropped a line.  I was starting to think that no one came to the message boards as much anymore.  I'm glad to know someone is out there!

Hugs,

Deb

some reason on the feelings on my last post, it put weird.  I know how some might view me as weird, but I didn't put that.  I don't remember putting anything there. lol oh well, kaka happens!

February 13, 2007, 5:18 am CST

Becky

Quote From: ricschic

I have read several of your posts. I don't know what to say, and that's doing something. I am sorry. I am truly sorry that you have had the situations thrust upon you that caused you to feel the way you do. I am but  a mere mortal myself, I have no magic cure, no magic words, no magic bullet. All I have is validation for your feelings. I hear you. I really, truly hear you. And I sympathize. That's not to say that I feel sorry FOR you...I just hurt b/c you're hurting. I just wanted you to know.........
Hope your having a good week!

February 17, 2007, 4:45 pm CST

Haw wa ya?

How are you all doing today? 

Not really too bad at the moment, here,  just kind of chillin.  I was in agony a couple hours ago, with my back and Sciatica!  If I can get it to where it doesn't hurt as much, I'm afraid to move, cuz when I move it starts in again.  Somethines ya have to move though, ya know? LOL one of those things!

February 21, 2007, 9:23 am CST

Physically Challenged Adults Support

Quote From: ricschic

I have read several of your posts. I don't know what to say, and that's doing something. I am sorry. I am truly sorry that you have had the situations thrust upon you that caused you to feel the way you do. I am but  a mere mortal myself, I have no magic cure, no magic words, no magic bullet. All I have is validation for your feelings. I hear you. I really, truly hear you. And I sympathize. That's not to say that I feel sorry FOR you...I just hurt b/c you're hurting. I just wanted you to know.........

Thanks, you are so kind,

February 21, 2007, 9:35 am CST

DON'T BOTHER

I love you all, you all love me.  None the less, I'm just not worth the effort.  Don't bother reading this, don't bother extending a word of encouragement, don't bother responding or rating this.  It doesn't matter/  What the hell does it all mean anyway?

Just drowning in my sorrows, pains dictate my life.  You can't help me, probably don't care.  SO go somewhere else to some one who has a chance.

My chances are gone, little left to discuss.  Just don't bother, I have had enough

February 21, 2007, 9:37 am CST

I'm tired of this miserable life.   I'm tired of losing every day.  I'm tired of worrying, wondering, feeling hopeless, helpless, and with no way out.  Why is it that a man who has worked all his life, continues with such miserable strife, after all he has done to help this degrading society.  This society does nothing to help him.

Losing it all, can't work, can't take care of myself.  No food in the house, can't afford to see the doctor.  Can't afford my medications, can't afford anything.  But I gave, gave and am still giving.  But when I am in need, there is no one to turn to, no one who gives a damn.

Not my community, not my governor, not all the organizations, not the president.  Not  any social services, not a soul.

I bow my head, I can onpy face my fears with terrified dread.  Someone help me please.  This is my solemn prayer.  I am down and out.  I am too tired to fight.  I cannot cope with the pains, the hunger, the madness.

But what do I matter?  I'm just a nobody; crippled and left to die.  I am wasting my energy to hang my head and cry.  I am wasting my breath to keep asking for help.  It is all so senseless, not worth it.  What do I do now.

For real,who really gives a damn enough to show any concern, to do any thing?  Who really cares?  For real?

February 21, 2007, 3:17 pm CST

I NEED HELP NOW, PLEASE, DISABLED, NO INCOME, DISABLED, TAXES, FORECLOSUE

I was supposed to have my 2004, and 2005 taxes filed by the 15th of
> this month.  I have been extremely ill, and so disorganized.  I do not
> want another levy on my wife's income.  I have no income and we are about
> to lose our home, and everything.  My illnesses are so severe that I am
> incapacitated the majority of the time.   >
> I cannot focus, I am in severe pain daily, SEVERELY DEPRESSED.  SYMPTOMS:
> INABILITY TO FOCUS OR CONCENTRATE.
> INABILITY TO DEAL WITH LIFE'S CIRCUMSTANCES.
> IN AN ALMOST CONSTANT STATE OF PANIC.
> OVERWHELMED BY TRYING TO SAVE OUR HOME, PAY OUR BILLS,  AND DEAL WITH
> LIFE.
> FEELINGS OF HOPELESSNESS, HELPLESSNESS.
> CONSUMED BY THOUGHTS OF DEATH, TRAGIC EVENTS.
> CONSUMED BY OBSESSIVE THOUGHTS AND ROUTINES.
> I HAVE SEVERE PAINS, AND IMMOBILIZED MOST OF THE TIME.
> LACK OF MOTIVATION.
> LACK OF INTEREST IN THINGS I WOULD NORMALLY ENJOY.
> PANIC, FEAR, PHOBIAS.
> SEVERE MUSCLE TIGHTNESS, PREVENTING ME FROM DOING SIMPLE TASKS.
> RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY AND CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME.
> SEVERE PAINS IN MY NECK, UPPER BACK,  ARMS, TORSO.
> UNABLE TO FOCUS OR COMPREHEND CERTAIN THINGS.
> COMPLETELY BROKE, ALMOST NO MONEY AT ALL.
> BILLS PILED UP, SO BAD, SCATTERED EVERYWHERE.
> I HAD ALL THE INFORMATION TOGETHER TO FILE THESE RETURNS, BUT WHEN I
> DECIDED TO TRY TO TACKLE THE RETURNS, I COULD NOT FIND MY WIFE'S W-2'S.
> TROUBLE SPEAKING WITH PEOPLE ON THE PHONE.
> TROUBLE AND PHOBIAS OF BEING IN PUBLIC PLACES.
> I MISS NUMEROUS DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS BECAUSE I AM WITH TOO SICK, IN TOO
> MUCH PAIN, AND/OR CANNOT AFFORD THE CO-PAY.
> CANNOT AFFORD MY MEDICATIONS.
> NO FOOD IN THE HOUSE, NO MONEY TO BUY FOOD.
> I AM IN A VERY SERIOUS AND URGENT SITUATION AND HAVE BEEN BEGGING FOR HELP
> FROM MANY ORGANIZATIONS, ETC FOR MONTHS ON END, ALL TO NO AVAIL.
>
>
> PLEASE SHOW A LITTLE MORE SYMPATHY.
>
>
>A  person with severe mental impairments and disabilites should have
> a way to file his or her taxes without having to pay out of his or her
> pocket, and someone to assist, advise, and protect the taxpayer.
>
> Also, the penatiles and interest have accumilated, while I had no way of
> paying the principal taxes because of the severity of my disabilties.  I
> have no income.
>
> Please help.
>
>
>

February 21, 2007, 3:59 pm CST

NUMBER 2

Quote From: falling_star

I NEED HELP NOW, PLEASE, DISABLED, NO INCOME, DISABLED, TAXES, FORECLOSUE

I was supposed to have my 2004, and 2005 taxes filed by the 15th of
> this month.  I have been extremely ill, and so disorganized.  I do not
> want another levy on my wife's income.  I have no income and we are about
> to lose our home, and everything.  My illnesses are so severe that I am
> incapacitated the majority of the time.   >
> I cannot focus, I am in severe pain daily, SEVERELY DEPRESSED.  SYMPTOMS:
> INABILITY TO FOCUS OR CONCENTRATE.
> INABILITY TO DEAL WITH LIFE'S CIRCUMSTANCES.
> IN AN ALMOST CONSTANT STATE OF PANIC.
> OVERWHELMED BY TRYING TO SAVE OUR HOME, PAY OUR BILLS,  AND DEAL WITH
> LIFE.
> FEELINGS OF HOPELESSNESS, HELPLESSNESS.
> CONSUMED BY THOUGHTS OF DEATH, TRAGIC EVENTS.
> CONSUMED BY OBSESSIVE THOUGHTS AND ROUTINES.
> I HAVE SEVERE PAINS, AND IMMOBILIZED MOST OF THE TIME.
> LACK OF MOTIVATION.
> LACK OF INTEREST IN THINGS I WOULD NORMALLY ENJOY.
> PANIC, FEAR, PHOBIAS.
> SEVERE MUSCLE TIGHTNESS, PREVENTING ME FROM DOING SIMPLE TASKS.
> RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY AND CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME.
> SEVERE PAINS IN MY NECK, UPPER BACK,  ARMS, TORSO.
> UNABLE TO FOCUS OR COMPREHEND CERTAIN THINGS.
> COMPLETELY BROKE, ALMOST NO MONEY AT ALL.
> BILLS PILED UP, SO BAD, SCATTERED EVERYWHERE.
> I HAD ALL THE INFORMATION TOGETHER TO FILE THESE RETURNS, BUT WHEN I
> DECIDED TO TRY TO TACKLE THE RETURNS, I COULD NOT FIND MY WIFE'S W-2'S.
> TROUBLE SPEAKING WITH PEOPLE ON THE PHONE.
> TROUBLE AND PHOBIAS OF BEING IN PUBLIC PLACES.
> I MISS NUMEROUS DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS BECAUSE I AM WITH TOO SICK, IN TOO
> MUCH PAIN, AND/OR CANNOT AFFORD THE CO-PAY.
> CANNOT AFFORD MY MEDICATIONS.
> NO FOOD IN THE HOUSE, NO MONEY TO BUY FOOD.
> I AM IN A VERY SERIOUS AND URGENT SITUATION AND HAVE BEEN BEGGING FOR HELP
> FROM MANY ORGANIZATIONS, ETC FOR MONTHS ON END, ALL TO NO AVAIL.
>
>
> PLEASE SHOW A LITTLE MORE SYMPATHY.
>
>
>A  person with severe mental impairments and disabilites should have
> a way to file his or her taxes without having to pay out of his or her
> pocket, and someone to assist, advise, and protect the taxpayer.
>
> Also, the penatiles and interest have accumilated, while I had no way of
> paying the principal taxes because of the severity of my disabilties.  I
> have no income.
>
> Please help.
>
>
>

LET ME PUT IT LIKE THIS.  I AM DROWNING AND GRABBING AT STRAWS.  WOULDN'T ANY ONE?

I SPEND HOURS ON END BEGGING FOR HELP, AND I HAVE FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW,  NO BODY CAN ASSIST ME.  THIS IS A TYPICAL RESPONSE FROM GOVEERMRNT AGENCIES.  A CONSTANT BATTLE.

• Hello, I am unavailable to read your message at this time
  • I will be out of the office in training during the week of February 19-23.  I will respond to your message as soon as possible.  Janet Jordan
  • This auto reply is your notification that we have received it. 
    While we are unable to personally reply to every e-mail, your comments are important to us, and we do read each and every one.
  • ----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to bridgeheadpsq.senate.gov.:
    >>> DATA
    <<< 550 5.1.1 User unknown
    550 5.1.1 <senator@isakson.senate.gov>... User unknown
  • THIS EMAIL WAS TO THE TAX PAYER ADVOCACY OFFICE; HERE IS THERE RESPONSEyou may want to contact the Taxpayer Advocate Office with the IRS
  • Thank you for contacting the office of Senator Johnny Isakson.  If you are
    a Georgia resident, you will receive a more specific response.  If you
    need immediate assistance,please call the Washington office at (202)
    224-3643 or the Atlanta office at (770) 661-0999
  • Thank you for contacting me. Representing the State of Georgia in the
    United States Senate is an honor and a privilege.

I appreciate hearing from you and knowing your concerns. This automated
    response serves as a receipt of your e-mail message and allows me to
    respond to your direct question or comment in a more timely manner.
  • In reply to your email dated 02/16/2007, you indicated that you signed the release of medical records two to three weeks ago. We are not showing receipt of any medical records from the clinic at this time

NO ONE WANTS TO BE RESPONSIBLE, OR TO ADDRESS MY ISSUES.  I HAVE TONS OF THESE KINDS OF RESPONSES.  BUT NO ONE EVER ACTUALLY CONTACTS ME.  IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS ON END.

February 21, 2007, 4:13 pm CST

Quote From: falling_star

LET ME PUT IT LIKE THIS.  I AM DROWNING AND GRABBING AT STRAWS.  WOULDN'T ANY ONE?

I SPEND HOURS ON END BEGGING FOR HELP, AND I HAVE FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW,  NO BODY CAN ASSIST ME.  THIS IS A TYPICAL RESPONSE FROM GOVEERMRNT AGENCIES.  A CONSTANT BATTLE.

• Hello, I am unavailable to read your message at this time
  • I will be out of the office in training during the week of February 19-23.  I will respond to your message as soon as possible.  Janet Jordan
  • This auto reply is your notification that we have received it. 
    While we are unable to personally reply to every e-mail, your comments are important to us, and we do read each and every one.
  • ----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to bridgeheadpsq.senate.gov.:
    >>> DATA
    <<< 550 5.1.1 User unknown
    550 5.1.1 <senator@isakson.senate.gov>... User unknown
  • THIS EMAIL WAS TO THE TAX PAYER ADVOCACY OFFICE; HERE IS THERE RESPONSEyou may want to contact the Taxpayer Advocate Office with the IRS
  • Thank you for contacting the office of Senator Johnny Isakson.  If you are
    a Georgia resident, you will receive a more specific response.  If you
    need immediate assistance,please call the Washington office at (202)
    224-3643 or the Atlanta office at (770) 661-0999
  • Thank you for contacting me. Representing the State of Georgia in the
    United States Senate is an honor and a privilege.

I appreciate hearing from you and knowing your concerns. This automated
    response serves as a receipt of your e-mail message and allows me to
    respond to your direct question or comment in a more timely manner.
  • In reply to your email dated 02/16/2007, you indicated that you signed the release of medical records two to three weeks ago. We are not showing receipt of any medical records from the clinic at this time

NO ONE WANTS TO BE RESPONSIBLE, OR TO ADDRESS MY ISSUES.  I HAVE TONS OF THESE KINDS OF RESPONSES.  BUT NO ONE EVER ACTUALLY CONTACTS ME.  IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS ON END.

IT'S BEEN THIS WAY FOR MONTHS ON END.  THE GA DOL REHAB SERVICES DEEMED ME DISABLED, NOT ABLE TO WORK,. IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE SS ADMIN, THEY SHOULD ALLOW ME DISABILITY.

THEY TOLD ME (THE SS ADMIN) THAT THEY WOULD HAVE AN ANSWER BY THE END OF JANUARY, NOW THEY SAY BY THE END OF THIS MONTH.  THEN I CALL MY REP TO ASK QUESTIONS ON NUMEROUS OCCASSIONS, AND SHE WILL NOT RETURN MY CALLS.

THIS SYSTEM IS MISERABLE, INCOMETENT, AND FRANKLY, THEY DON;T GIVE A DAMN.

ONE PERSON ON THE FEDERAL LEVEL TOLD ME THEY WOULD EXPIDITE MY CLAIM BECAUSE OF MY FINACNIAL SITUATION, SHE TOLD ME TO TOUCH BASES WITH MY GA REP.  THE GA REP NEVER, EVER RETURNS MY CALLS,

oh, THE LOCAL MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES WILL NOT EVEN RETURN MY CALLS.  HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET HELP, WHEN NO ONE, NOT EVEN THE LOCALS WILL RETURN MY CALLS?

February 22, 2007, 4:59 am CST

Pain Management

Well, made it to Pain Management day before yesterday.  The doc there changed my Tylenol 3 to Morphine, and a form of Hydrocodone and Tylenol (actomidophen(sp?).  So hopefully I won't have as much pain.  Only thing is I don't like the idea of being drugged.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last