Message Boards

Topic : Can't Lose Those Last Five Pounds?

Number of Replies: 55
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, September 17, 2006, 12:16:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You've almost made it but just can't get rid of those last five pounds, what should you do? Share tips and advice with others looking to break the last five pounds plateau.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 11, 2008, 3:33 pm CST

Hi you can

I know how hard it's to lose weight but the first thing is don't make excess for not doing it. it only makes it easier to not do it. at all. You all ready showed you can do it just go back and see if you are staying true to your self or just letting go, just be honest with your self it's for you.

March 6, 2009, 2:13 pm CST

Advice on how to lose these stupid pounds!

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here but thought I'd give it a shot. I am a 27 year old married woman I am 5ft 2 and weigh 119 pounds.....I know that I have a normal weight and I am rather healthy but all summer long I maintained a weight of 112-115 and now that I've gained those few pounds back nothing in my closet fits me right and I'm miserable. I excercise regularly all types such as cardio, Tae Bo, Pilates and Yoga. I eat very healthy I use a low carb diet mixed with pills from my physician to boost metabolism such as lipo bc and sublingual adenosine tabs. Anyways I can't lose these last 5 pounds and they seem to have accumulated on my thighs outer and inner. I'd be much happier if I could lose some pounds and tone up so if anyone has any advice without saying I'm normal would be appreciated. I feel for my height and body type I'd be happier in a smaller size because my legs are so short and the weight always stays there :( Thank you for listening,.

March 6, 2009, 2:14 pm CST

Can't Lose Those Last Five Pounds?

Quote From: armywife6988

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here but thought I'd give it a shot. I am a 27 year old married woman I am 5ft 2 and weigh 119 pounds.....I know that I have a normal weight and I am rather healthy but all summer long I maintained a weight of 112-115 and now that I've gained those few pounds back nothing in my closet fits me right and I'm miserable. I excercise regularly all types such as cardio, Tae Bo, Pilates and Yoga. I eat very healthy I use a low carb diet mixed with pills from my physician to boost metabolism such as lipo bc and sublingual adenosine tabs. Anyways I can't lose these last 5 pounds and they seem to have accumulated on my thighs outer and inner. I'd be much happier if I could lose some pounds and tone up so if anyone has any advice without saying I'm normal would be appreciated. I feel for my height and body type I'd be happier in a smaller size because my legs are so short and the weight always stays there :( Thank you for listening,.

March 12, 2009, 10:29 am CDT

Last 5 Pounds

LAST 5 POUNDS!  The only way to do it is mix it up -- do something different that your body is not used to.
Try being one of those mall walkers or visit a local botanical garden and take a stroll, weather permitting.  The last few pounds are always the hardest and slowest to come off, it's not going to happen overnight -- be patient and don't give up, remain focused. 

June 25, 2009, 2:38 pm CDT

Weight loss

Help!!! I am 36 years old,5 ft. 2 ins.and I weigh 154 lbs. I have changed my diet ,how much I eat ,and  have worked out for over 8 months, 5 days a week. I can't seem to get below 140 lbs. I would love to get to 120 lbs. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong. I'm at a point of going to see a doc. for surgary. Any advice.I have tried everything!!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next Page | Last Page