Message Boards

Topic : Can't Lose Those Last Five Pounds?

Number of Replies: 55
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, September 17, 2006, 12:16:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You've almost made it but just can't get rid of those last five pounds, what should you do? Share tips and advice with others looking to break the last five pounds plateau.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 30, 2008, 5:46 pm CST

Quit smoking gained 10 always hungry!

Quote From: rrichard032067

Listen, these diets only last so long. You have to make eating part of your way of life. For instance, I lost 35 pounds and have been able to keep it off for 3 years and I never go hungry and I eat whatever I want. They key is to eat what you like just don't eat so much of it. Instead of eating a hamburger, french fries, and a shake try eliminating the shake first. Then the next time take away the fries and just have the burger. You'd be surprised at how your stomach begins to shrink and you don't want to eat nearly as much. Now i pretty much eat anything i want, I just eat alot less of it. I tried other diets and they always failed. I feel that if you deprive yourself of having the things you really love the taste of, you will always be looking for something else to eat. I no longer try to completely eliminate fat, carbs, and sugar from my diet. I just simply eat less food and exercise on a regular basis. You'd be surprised at how fun exercise can be and how much more energy you will have. You just feel better all the way around, even mentally. Try it... it works!
 I quit smoking and gained weight!!  I'm  tring to                                eat healthier,But I feel terrible because I can not loose the weight.I NEVER eat SWEETS,I watch my carbs,My main problem is that I LOVE TO EAT @ NIGHT!!Then the next day I am misserable.(ofcourse).I even tried Hoodia I will try anything to not be hungry at night.

February 7, 2008, 6:45 pm CST

Weight Lose

Quote From: kelseym127

I'm extremely obese and I can't seem to lose any weight. I'm a girl and I weight 119 pounds. I've been trying to lose weight for a few months, and I can't get anywhere below 119. No matter how much I try, nothing ever changes.

If you separate your sugars, from carbs and proteins, you will be able to reach your goal. For example, Meat and potatoes for dinner ok but don’t eat an apple after that. Wait 4 to 5 hours before you put a sugar in you belly, a clear indication of fermentation is flatulence. 119 is tiny, how tall are you?

February 7, 2008, 6:55 pm CST

Can't Lose Those Last Five Pounds?

Quote From: trelovesfood

I quit smoking and gained weight!!  I'm  tring to                                eat healthier,But I feel terrible because I can not loose the weight.I NEVER eat SWEETS,I watch my carbs,My main problem is that I LOVE TO EAT @ NIGHT!!Then the next day I am misserable.(ofcourse).I even tried Hoodia I will try anything to not be hungry at night.

This often happens in many adults, you are not the only one. Try to chew more of your food, proper mastication and not swallowing your food.  Try one night to have a fruit with a low GI level – for example cherries, depending if there in season in your state. Give yourself a treat in the morning rather then punishment of misery.

April 1, 2008, 9:18 am CDT

uniklubi

Hi

I´m from finland and i have also broblems about weight. i m no 87kg and i m 166cm.

I wanna get lost at least 15 kg. but i just cant do it.

i walk whit my kids. and i go to how you say it( ravitsemusterapeutti) its like terapist who help you whit faind a good food..

but still my weight dosent go down.. i take care my kids at home and so i can eat all the time and how i want..

how i can say my husband at i wanna go to work. and why i feel so gilty about that when i think the kids . they have to go day care. if i go to work..

i have 3 kids and yangest are 1 yers old. how log its take at i can wear my old pant my leg agen..

i think i do so many mistakes whit my writing. its so difficult write in englis but try to understuand..

April 23, 2008, 5:04 am CDT

I'm extremely obese and I can't seem to lose any weight. I'm a girl and I weight 119 pounds. I've been trying to lose weight for a few months, and I can't get anywhere below 119. No matter how much I try, nothing ever changes.

U should feel lucky to weight only 119.  I use to weight 127, before i had a baby. Now i can't seem to get back down to that weight again. Try being 5 4inch 170pds. I would love to be your size again.  Can you help me get to 119?

June 12, 2008, 1:09 pm CDT

JR's Breakfast Shake

I found something recently that I think is really interesting. Have any of you read “Harmonic Wealth” by James Ray? I’ve been to a free seminar that he offered in my hometown and bought his book at Barnes and Noble. It’s great! The book is not just about money (although he covers that.) There is actually a whole section on the physical body and he offers up some great ideas that have worked for me.

One of those is starting off the day with a glass of water with lemon and then making my first meal a green shake. Yep, veggies for breakfast. Still doesn’t hit the spot like a pile of pancakes, but I’ve lost seven pounds in the last month and a half and my skin is looking a lot brighter and clearer. There is a recipe for the green drink in the “Harmonic Wealth” book that James’s anti-aging doctor prescribed to him on Page 246. Good luck and God bless!
 a JR Fan

June 28, 2008, 7:48 am CDT

Quote From: johnnyinny

I found something recently that I think is really interesting. Have any of you read Harmonic Wealth by James Ray? Ive been to a free seminar that he offered in my hometown and bought his book at Barnes and Noble. Its great! The book is not just about money (although he covers that.) There is actually a whole section on the physical body and he offers up some great ideas that have worked for me.

One of those is starting off the day with a glass of water with lemon and then making my first meal a green shake. Yep, veggies for breakfast. Still doesnt hit the spot like a pile of pancakes, but Ive lost seven pounds in the last month and a half and my skin is looking a lot brighter and clearer. There is a recipe for the green drink in the Harmonic Wealth book that Jamess anti-aging doctor prescribed to him on Page 246. Good luck and God bless!
 a JR Fan
been enjoying those, too! have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eEun2i01zo
sam, the jr fan

July 2, 2008, 10:30 am CDT

Help is On the Way

The best thing to do is get walking. DOn't worry about jogging or running. Just walking. Every day until you build up to 3-4 miles. About an hour a day. Does't have to be all at once, split it into 2 sessions a day if you want. And drink lots and lots of water. No candy. No bread. No soda. Lots of veggies. The weight will come off if you do those simple things. If you can get a pedometer to wear on your belt when you are walking - all the better - the goal is ten thousand steps a day. That is about 3 miles.  Once you start doing it, you will love the energy you have and it will encourage you to do more.

You CAN do it!!!!   All the best from Canada

September 12, 2008, 7:55 am CDT

119 lbs is NOT obese. I'm 5'4 and about 130 lbs and I don't consider myself obese, just could tone up and drop a few lbs. 119 lbs is a great weight to be at, you're lucky. I'm aiming to be your weight at least.

September 17, 2008, 11:59 am CDT

Careful what you complain about

I used to be size 3 122 pounds almost all my life.  I had several tramas in my life (surgery's) and I am now 276 pounds.  I used to be the one to say, "If i could only lose 5 pounds" my friends hated me for it, I later found out.  Get some self esteem and learn to like yourself girl.  Hell with 5 pounds!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last