Message Boards

Topic : Lost All the Weight and Still Hate Your Body?

Number of Replies: 27
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, September 17, 2006, 12:25:25 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You've finally made it to your goal, but you're still not happy with the way you look. Whether it's sagging skin, stretch marks, or just a poor body image, share your tips, advice, and support here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 31, 2007, 7:50 pm CDT

This sounds like me

It's why I've become nearly afraid to even TRY to lose weight.  I know for a fact I'd still be ugly if I did.  I'd still have boobs that are two VERY different sizes, my smile still sucks because it's so crooked.  I've been at or near 200 lbs. for most of my adult life (47 the day after the date of this post), and I've never been truly thin a day in my life.  It wouldn't change a thing in my life, including my self-image, so why bother.

August 13, 2007, 3:47 pm CDT

i know exactly how you ladies feel

i am a 38yr old women with the problem alot of you women have.  i too have the major hanging skin on my stomach and arms.  i have been married almost eight years and my husband thinks that i am the bomb and loves every inch of me (so he says).  i weighed 218lbs when we got married and i now weigh 139lbs.  he weighed 314lbs and now weighs 260lbs.  i have been overweight most of my life and i feel pretty good about the weight i have lost, and i am also very proud of him for his weight loss.  BUT...... my body looks terrible!  i do know that it is not going away with exercise.  i must say that it is putting a major damper on my sex life with my husband.  i have so many images in my head of a great sex life with him if i didn't have this extra skin HANGING around.  im not a bad looking woman, but this problem makes me feel like the ugly duckling.  lights out for sure in our bedroom.  maybe someday i will have the body i have only dreamed about, and i am not talking about being perfect either.  i just don't need the extras! 

September 4, 2007, 8:23 pm CDT

I just hate who I am... I hate what I see..

I am Yara. Jordanian born and raised in the United Arab Emirates. I am 28 years old. I have lived with a single parent (mother), who was a hostess for 20 years.

To make this short, I have suffered all my life from many things, abuse, acuse, hatred, everything you can imagine but most of all WEIGHT! I weighed about 90 kilograms (198 pounds) at the age of 10 and my height was about 145 centimeters tall. I stopped growing at the age of 15, where I became 151 centimeters tall. I was always made fun of, even from mother and family. I was called cow, fat, bear and all names you imagine. I was rejected from boys and girls at my age because I was fat and heavy.

I did eat like a cow! I ate about 10 times a day, big, gigantic meals! But when I got into the BOYS business, like being a real girl who men started to hit on, I began to search for ways to lose weight. I began by exercising and eating well, and that didn't last.

I exercised for hours non-stop and ate only boiled, raw and grilled food. i did lose somw weight, but wasn't happy. I reached about 80 to 75 kilograms when I first knew about pills. I ordered them from the States and used to take money from mother in order to get them. I then used pills, exercised, used laxatives, creams, gadgets and you just mention it!

I did eveything you can imagine, then the fashion of being Anorexic came and I did where I reached 154 pounds, and then got bored of all this deprivation. I began eating (binging) and then purging, I was Bulimic for years. I had an entire group of girls who were like me and we used the school's bathroom to do that. I then reached about 140 pounds and stayed that way for years and years.

But I was still fat and chubby. Boys liked me, I was funny, popular, smart in school and always helped others.

My mother tried many times to commit suicide, so whenever I felt bad, i would do the same thing, but never worked!

I had a lot in my life, but then decided to stop that. I ceased eating for 3 weeks, no food except smoke, water and coffee, when I reach 110 pounds and I was very happy, but got ill and anemic. Then I began to exercise again, then i gained muscle and got heavier. Then I got Bulimic again, and Anorexic and all that made me sick all the time.

You can say, my body was abused from pills, diets, Bulimia and Anorexia for about 15 years now. Recently, I joined Sparkpeople's diet where I started at 132 pounds and now I am 119 pounds.

I ate well, exercised constantly, but then I was still not satisfied, I feel fat and ugly. I have a wonderful finance'e since 8 years now and I never did tell him about my disorders. He is a bodybuilder and great athlete and sportsman and all women go nutts on him, but he loves only me and i feel good when I am around him, but I feel I am not upto his standard of beauty!

I am short, normal and chubby. He never complained about my figure and everyone including mother thinks I look great but not me. I see that fat, ugly, ignored, rejected and neglected 10 year old Yara in the mirror. My finance'e tells me how sexy and pretty I was, how he feels secured with me, how I am independent and smart and never criticises me and is jealous on me all the time and i swear I would never have a partner like him, although he has some high tempers!

I need help please! I stoped exercising since a month now because of Shingles on my thighs from using a sweat sauna suit and got rashed up, bad bones from too much exercise and I am literally always dizzy and drowzy.

I was kicked out from the Spark program that even broke my heart more. The coach said the I was not feeling well, and I needed therapy and we have nothing like that here in my country. All dieticians are fat or obese and psychologists are only into medication and money.

I need help please! I am fat, ugly and terrible. I do good things, take care of my 51 year old mother who went under surgery recently from hernia in the spine and always had psychological disturbances. I am lost, I am Bulimic again and I hate myself. Please help me... I need Dr.Phil to give me a chance to talk to him or at least send him a letter.... anyone out there please.. I wish I was just dead... I have a lot on my shoulders

Yara

October 3, 2007, 8:52 am CDT

I know its hard, but try to stay positive

I'm 25 and I changed my lifestyle about 10 months ago.  I've lost over 50 lbs and have about 25 more to go before I'll be to a good, healthy weight for my body type.  After 2 c-sections and 2 other medical-related abdominal surgeries, my stomach is losing fat, but sagging pretty badly and looking pretty gross.  My arms and legs sag too.  My breasts now hang down below my waist.  I'm having a lot of trouble staying focused on getting healthy because of my disgusting body.  My husband doesn't seem to mind, but I don't even want to get undressed in front of him anymore.  I find myself feeling worse about my body now than before, and I struggle to continue a healthy lifestyle. 

I changed my lifestyle mostly for my kids.  My parents are overweight, my grandparents too.  I just don't want my kids to go through the same thing.  I'm trying to focus on that to keep myself going.  It would be nice to feel better about my body.   I know that surgery to fix some parts of myself will be an option, but an expensive one.   I worry about how I will deal with all the scars.  I get down about the ones I have now.  But I try to think about the good feeling of jeans fitting me without trying to fit my sagging stomach down in them.  I dream about the day when I can wear a bathing suit without my stomach falling out of the bottom of it and run around on the beach with my kids.  That keeps me going.  Find your reason for losing weight.... if its just to look like a movie star, perhaps you should've been more realistic.  Only movie stars look like movie stars. 

October 10, 2007, 12:49 am CDT

I AM FAT

hello my name is marisha

i am 22years old and have been dealing with weight isssues since i was a child ,

i weighed 220pounds when i was 16....now i weigh 140and i am 5foot 6....thats disgusting!

i lost the weight by starvation,laxitive abuse. i never binged and puged but it seems idea for me  to loose the weight i still have,my skin has sagged on my arms,legs,stomach,  and basically everwhere ..

i have been trying to loose this extra weight but havent seemed to been able to...i try to avoid the laxtives so my fince wont find out....i have been on and off starving myself since i was near 17, but just

started recently this year abusing laxitives.my mother was  a model when she was my age and she suffered from anorexia....the doctor asked me at a checkp this month if i was bulimic but i never have binged and purged i cant do it....my father also asked me if i was...it insulting to me...i knowi have weight issues but i know i am not bulimic....i love food and hate it! i count the calories of food i eat exercise till i drop but nothing seems to work for me......laxitives just keeps me the same weight and

the exercise makes no weight lose...i am so sick of myself......

i just wish i could be pretty and skinny like the girls my boyfriend looks at...he says im beautiful

but why would he.the way girls look and dress these days is hard to compete with.

thanks to anyone who listened you will be the first t know about this...

October 13, 2007, 1:58 am CDT

weightloss aftermath

Hi, my name is Donna, I to have lost from 265 to 135,,I worked very hard to lose this weight..climbing stairs on my tippy toes,starving,I didnt bing and purge or become anorexic,or abuse laxatives,,I worked VERY hard,,but I wasnt prepared for the aftermath of the weight loss,,the loose skin,,the always feeling like that 265lb woman or the fact that I never see the smaller me,,i still see the 265lb me,its hard to over come these demons,,I do have more energy but I still wear baggy cloths because I dont feel small,,I feel FAT..I really thought after all the hard work i put into loseing this weight id feel like a new person,, but I dont. I cant afford to have the surgery I need to obtain the results I was looking for, Ive begged Dr.Phil to help me but I never get a responce.Then I was watching his show one day and seen a young woman on their with the same issues I have and Dr.Phil helped her, Ive been asking for this help for over 2 years now,why was he willing to help her but not me? Everyone talks about loseing weight and getting healthy, but no one bothers to tell you about the mental aftermath of doing the weight loss deed..Im telling you now, there are alot of mental demons to deal with, you dont look like these models on T.V,,but I never really wanted to..I just wanted to look normal,but I dont. the saggy skin is disgusting to me.I really let it control alot of areas of my life, such as clothing,love life and how i feel about myself when I look in the mirror. I would suggest to anyone trying to lose a large amount of weight, to seek counseling during the whole process,you need to lose the weight for your health, but you need the counceling for your mental health,

November 20, 2007, 8:52 am CST

tummy tuck??

During my pregnancies I gained a lot of weight. I have not been able to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 125 (I am currently at 150). I have lost some weight but just can't seem to get rid of my baby flab belly. It is like jelly and is soooo gross! I am always embarrassed to have my husband see me naked because I just look disgusting! I have been considering a 'tummy tuck' but doubt I can afford it. I just want to be proud of my physical self image again!

November 28, 2007, 10:35 pm CST

Lost weight but now what

Hello I am 26 yrs old and I lost about 100 lbs since i had my son.  I am finally happy with the weight but now what so I do with all that extra skin.  I hve been going back and forth with the way I look for a while my husband says he lvoes me no matter waht and I believe him.  I sometimes feel like a lie to my self and say to my self its enought that he loves me no matter what but do i love my self.  I try so hard not to feel nasty and uncomfortable becuse of the way I look I mean with clothes on its not so bad but when they come off.. I have looked into hte whole plastic surgery thing but its so expensive like another person posted she is in debt and need more work i am so scared of that becuse I know I can never afford this type of surgery, My question is how do you learn to live with it and is that it.  I mean all that hard work because i thought I was going to feel better and look better and now I feel worse.  I mean I am happy the weight is off becsue of my health but how do I come to terms about my stomach and arm and boobs, I am only 26 and i am scared that my husband is gong to later on look else where. Please help i need advise

February 7, 2008, 7:11 pm CST

Lost All the Weight and Still Hate Your Body?

Quote From: spgrclassic

Hi, my name is Toni.

I'm 42 yrs. old and I'm ashamed of my body!!  I have trying to lose weight for yrs.  I tried starving myself, starving myself and exercising, on and on!  I have quit drugs and alcohol many yrs. ago, I quit smoking cigarettes about 5 or 6 yrs. ago after smoking for about 25 or more yrs.  I've been married for almost 12 yrs. now and I still love my husband like I did when we married.  I lost weight back then (29-30 yrs. old) with no problem, but now forget it!!

I went to Dr. for help and found out I have a under active thyroid.  I asked for help to lose weight when thyroid medicine did nothing for weight loss.  I was on Meridia for 3 months with no results at all.  $130.00 a month!!!!  Could not afford it, insurance does not pay for you to lose weight, but the doctor's and insurance companies sure can complain about people being obese.  My doctor talked to me about phentermine and I decided to try it.  He see's me every month to check on how I am doing.  So far I have went from 189lbs. to 161lbs. in about 4 months.  I also eat more veggies, (raw and stir fried), fish, shrimp, chicken, ground turkey, salads, etc.  But I also exercise 1-1 1/2 hrs a day, m-f, sat. my husband and I hike with our dog about 5 miles.  So here is the BAD PART, my face is sagging, one side sags lower than the other, it looks like I'm frowning all the time.  My breast is so low now I have to be careful not to step on them when I'm walking, (forget about running, I would kill myself). My stomach muscles on the inside are almost flat, but the fat on my stomach and hips won't seem to go away.....  I'am ashamed to dress or undress in front of my husband, I didn't make love to him for almost a couple of years.  But losing the little weight I have lost makes me try, so he won't go somewhere else!!  He lost almost 50lbs. with no problem.   Here's a question, has anybody heard anything about Dr. Phil helping anyone again like he did on Extreme Makeover?  If so, please let me know, ok?

I need to do something, I don't even want to leave the house, because of my looks.

I'm trying not to stop exercising, because my head tells me what's the use if I'm gonna have all this loose skin sagging on me!!!!

Ok, I rather see you eat sushi then shrimp or turkey. Shrimp are scavengers. Were you now? Are you able to leave the house to walk, get some vitamin D ie Sun? Take is slow.

March 11, 2008, 11:56 am CDT

Lost All the Weight and Still Hate Your Body?

Its so devasitating today to see so many people unhappy with themselves and their image because of the medias pressure to be perfect and slim and in shape and basically all the things regular people dont have.We are perfect the way we are even if the internet and t.v. say otherwise.Its disgusting that we idolize 85 pound models because we think they look good because so many people envy their physique. I am happy to be the way i am i know that i have flaws and i am not the most perfect specimen on earth but i feel comfortable with myself and as long as i do i really dont have much to worry about.

First | Prev | 2 | Next | Last