Message Boards

Topic : Ways to Exercise in the House

Number of Replies: 2019
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, September 17, 2006, 12:34:45 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Can't get out of the house due to weather, injury or disability, or just busy watching the kids? Are you trying to lose weight, get in shape, improve flexibility and circulation, or tone your body? Share your tips to exercising without leaving your home.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 30, 2008, 5:28 am CDT

Wednesday, 7/29

My knee is healing now ... and I have a funeral to go to this morning ... I'm going  to shower and if time prevails, walk the dogs before I get dressed for the funeral .. yes, I'm going to wear clothes to walk the dogs  (hee hee).

I'm totally overwhelmed by all the exercises Judith has given me to do ... all of them will help me to break thru my barriers ... it's just way too much for me right now to focus on.  I was beginning to feel lost and confused ... like I've given up .. yet, I'm still working on planning my meals and doing the EAT SLOWLY / HUNGER SCALE exercise.  It's taking me a while to finally sit down and complete the log ... I can do breakfast and snack .. however, the rest of the day is shot .. however, I did do last night's dinner ... I didn't complete the log properly, but I did do it.  Got a "check" for that one.

July 31, 2008, 7:48 am CDT

Thursday

I've walked the dogs and mowed the grass .. it's 10:43 a.m.   Have swimming this evening ... the rest of the day is my own.

My girlfriend picked up Judith's book and she's familiar with Judith's father .. she says Aaron is the father of Cognitive Therapy.

I've stop obsessing about all the exercises.  I'm still working on doing the hunger level exercise (from last week!) for 1 full day.  That should be today.  I'm also just going to just read each daily exercise and allow myself to see all the steps that I will be working on over the next few months.  Yep, there's quite a bit that I have to work on .. the physical stuff that Dr. Phil introduced in WLS has been mastered.  Now, to deal with Keys 1 & 2 .. and some of 4.   Maybe Dr. Phil will have Dr. Beck on TV and tell us how to use her book to help us with the final stage of permanent weight loss.

I know that there are other people like me who have committed to the WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE back in 2003 and are still working on using his book.  It does work ... it just needs "more" because I'm so anal.

August 1, 2008, 7:44 am CDT

Friday .. at long last!!

Harry's at the groomer, I've got gas in the car, I've walked the dogs all by 10:30 a.m. 

Today, I have dance at 7:30 ... probably for 2 hours .. we'll see how many dancers show up today.

August 2, 2008, 5:18 am CDT

Saturday

Doing a Kuninich walk this afternoon ... hopefully it won't last very long!  Mom volunteered us and now she's regretting it.  She wants to  go to the garage sale over on  the SW side of town. 

I was able to do over an hour of cardio last night .... and I'm just so happy I can last this long now. It's taken me a long time to get here.

Wish me luck with the walk .. it's going to be another hot day ... and I'm wearing a Tshirt!

August 3, 2008, 8:48 am CDT

Sunday

I walked the dogs and worked an hour in the yard today. 

I practiced "hunger scale" and I can readily name my hunger levels .. each time I practice this I become more at ease with my hunger.  I know at what level I need to eat and why.  I came up with a time schedule and I'm sticking more or less to around those times.  It's important for me to keep my blood sugar levels steady. 

August 4, 2008, 7:20 am CDT

Monday

I walked the dogs and then worked in the yard for 30 minutes. Boy am I sore from yesterday.  However, my yard is starting to look really good now.  I'll get back to yardwork on Sunday.

The hunger scale exercise really helped me last week.  Now, I'm going to focus on doing the "craving" exercise.  May take me a couple of weeks (like the hunger one) to finally see some AHAs occuring.

August 5, 2008, 8:59 am CDT

Tuesday

I walked the dogs this morning, went shopping and will be going to swimming practice at 1 p.m.  I want to practice the dolphin kick so I can do the butterfly for 15 yards.  If I can do it, then I'm moving into Level 5 in the fall!  :)

August 6, 2008, 8:30 am CDT

Wednesday

I was not able to walk the dogs this morning or work in my yard as I wanted .. I took my mom to the doctor's and sat out in my car for 1 hour and 15 minutes .. I was upset and angry .. I knew better .. I wrote me a note for the next time .. that way I'll just go home and she can call me to pick her up!

I spent the time in the car reading Judith's WEEK 4 and the chapter's I hadn't read were exactly what I needed to read.  I began to doubt my ability to lose weight finally which lead me to feeling disappointment and feelings of being overwhelmed.  Now I understand what's happening so I'm going to step up and do differently now.  I feel better knowing that what I'm feeling is normal and she's given me tools to help me work thru what I'm feeling.

August 7, 2008, 10:02 am CDT

Thursday

Walked the dogs this morning, no exercise yesterday at all .. so it was my day of rest.

I'm slowly opening myself up to doing the craving exercise (week 2 exercise - I'm on week 4 reading).  I'm developing a discomfort scale ... it's kinda hard ...  so I'm writing down all the things that make me angry or upset.  I guess I can go with that until I work out what it is she wants me to do.

August 7, 2008, 10:25 pm CDT

Need Help

Hi I am new to this forum. I am twenty years old. I have put on a lot of weight because of two back surgeries I had a couple of months ago. Its hard for me to exercise because of the fact that I have severe scoliosis, severe degenerative discs disease, and fibromyalgia. I use to weigh 180 before the surgeries but now I weigh 200. Looking to eventually weigh 160-170. I eat all the right foods. I dont eat junk food and I only eat once a day but cant seem to lose the weight. If any one can give me some pointers on how to lose weight that would be great. My email is angelicspiritwolf@hotmail.com

First | Prev | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | Next | Last