Message Boards

Topic : Ways to Exercise in the House

Number of Replies: 2019
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, September 17, 2006, 12:34:45 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Can't get out of the house due to weather, injury or disability, or just busy watching the kids? Are you trying to lose weight, get in shape, improve flexibility and circulation, or tone your body? Share your tips to exercising without leaving your home.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 8, 2008, 7:07 am CDT

Friday

I have walked the dogs and I'm going to mow my grass in a few minutes .. then it's off to do some shopping. Have to buy pop for the center, bread for me, some veggies for my salad & scrambled eggs, and dog/cat food.

I'm working on a DISCOMFORT scale .. and it's not an easy thing for me to do.  I finally said .. when I turn to junk food or want junk food .. write down the events leading up to it and, of course, those things that make me angry or upset.  That's a good place to start don't you think?

August 9, 2008, 9:14 am CDT

saturday

Today as I walked the 1 mile race, I reailized that a goal I had set for myself back in 04 was to do a 1/2 marathon .. I was amazed I had that memory popped up and I completed the race!  I was 7-8 in .. there were only about 20 of us.

August 10, 2008, 7:00 am CDT

Sunday

Today I walked the dogs, yesterday, I did the Stampede 1 mile race ...  I was going to work in the yard and I'm not able to .. I'm really emotionally drained and I'm regrouping even as I write this. 

It's week 12 of my 12-week summer focus .. finally it's over and it feels good and yet, sad ... I really did think I was going to master so many new behaviors / life patterns .. however, I still have a ways to go.  I'm back to learning about "cognitive therapy" .. I want to really explore it again .. I've done SELF MATTERS and it really helped me .. however, I need different ... Judith Beck's book THE BECK DIET SOLUTION is showing me new perspectives ... many of the things I'm reading now are in Weight Loss Solutions .. just written / said differently.

Now that my focus period is over with, I'm able to just let it go and move on ... I'm giving myself a couple of weeks off from weight loss .. I'm going to explore different areas in my life ... see how well, I'm doing.

August 11, 2008, 7:12 am CDT

Monday

I walked the dogs already.  School is starting soon, I only have 1 swim day now until school starts up .. that's on Saturday mornings.  Bummer!   I will begin transitioning from walking the dogs early in the morning to after 9:30.  This way they're not going to be bothered by the kids. 

I'm also reviewing where I stand with all my goals ... house, yard, health.  I finished writing down all my "reminders" about the yard work for next spring.  That way, I have a reminder in place.  I'll stick it in my calendar.

August 12, 2008, 11:46 am CDT

Tuesday

Didn't walk the dogs this morning .. has the gym weigh-in this morning.  I've won a T-shirt for being under my Jan 08 weight. 

Today is my DAY OFF for exercise.

August 13, 2008, 10:49 am CDT

Wednesday

I walked the dogs and worked in the yard.

I have come  to realize that I'm going to need to up my exercise program this fall. I've become lax and set in my ways.  Now it's time to do differently.

I'm going to see how I can get back to the gym.  I'm hoping I can afford the gas.

August 14, 2008, 7:19 am CDT

Thursday

I walked the dogs this morning and I'm wanting to go to AQ this afternoon.  Won free movie tickets so I'm going there tonite!

I finally finished reading Week 4 .. it frightened me .. it's Dr. Phil's Keys 1 & 2.  I also checked out the workbook more and it's not too bad.

The differences between Dr. Phil's book and Judith's is that he covers all sorts of areas .. she does too; however, she gives exercises for us to follow as well a flow. 

Week 5 is about traveling, eating out, etc.  I'm at the chapter on emotional eating ... I'll read it tomorrow or Saturday.  My goal now is just to read the book from front to back ... and then start all over again.  I really got overwhelmed by it all.  And most importantly, it's giving me a chance to become comfortable with the exercises.

August 15, 2008, 2:36 am CDT

Friday

I plan on walking my dogs and mowing the grass this morning .. well, later on. 

I may go to the dance studio tonite .. it will be just the 2 of us.

August 16, 2008, 5:39 am CDT

Saturday

I walked the dogs and have swimming practice later today. 

I'm heading for HOME DEPOT later to pick up 5 bags of mulch for the garden area.  I have to replace some areas.

I also re-created Judith Beck's forms in WORD last night .. I'm getting ready to start re-reading her book on 9/1/08.  It will be my commitment to set in place a memory system that will allow me to just practice new behaviors and move on. 

I especially like her NO CHOICE .. when I say NO CHOICE .. I no longer struggle.  And I'm still adapting "OH WELL, I MAY NOT LIKE IT, HOWEVER, I'M DOING IT ANYWAY AND MOVING ON.  Very powerful words.

August 17, 2008, 6:18 am CDT

Sunday

I walked the dogs already and I'm getting ready to go work in my garden area this morning. I bought 5 bags of mulch yesterday to replace the overcrowded weeded mulch.  Next year, I'll have a much better handle on my yard .. I really did get quite a bit accomplished this year!

First | Prev | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | Next | Last