Message Boards

Topic : Ways to Exercise in the House

Number of Replies: 2019
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, September 17, 2006, 12:34:45 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Can't get out of the house due to weather, injury or disability, or just busy watching the kids? Are you trying to lose weight, get in shape, improve flexibility and circulation, or tone your body? Share your tips to exercising without leaving your home.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 18, 2008, 7:45 am CDT

Monday

I have walked the dogs (30 min) and worked in the garden pulling weeds (1 hr), and I have a dance date at 2 p.m. (45 min).  MOm won movie tickets so I won't be doing the Stampede walk tonite.

I have 1 more day of working in the garden area and it's done!  Then it's onto my driveway.  The weeds are taller than me in some areas.  SHouldn't take me long to cut them down and then bundle them up.  As the pool is closed to adults (except for Saturday morning), I'll be able to work in the garden all week long.  I'll be able to make a big dent in it at long last. 

I'm sitting on one of those foam pads with a handle and I just scoot to the next batch of weeds.  I should have the entire garden completed tomorrow and then I'll tackle the weeds along it's fence .. and if time prevails, I'll tackle the rose bush and then the wood pile in front of the garage.  I figure 2 bags is my goal.  So far, I filled 3 yesterday, 1 today. 

I've finished Judith's book and now I'm going to commit to doing the 6-week program again.  I managed to practiced the "hunger scale" exercise before I just got too overwhelmed.  THat's like day "12" or something.  The next exercise is "cravings". I can do this!  It's just like Dr. Phil is always saying ... when I can acknowledge it, I can do something about it.

August 19, 2008, 7:22 am CDT

Tuesday

Walked the dogs and worked in the garden for an hour today .. then it started to drizzle.

Today is an at home day for me.  I really need the time out to work thru my last "paralyzsis" ... which I'm calling FIXATION.  I got fixated on a couple of tasks and everything else around me just went to hell.  Now, I'm going to figure out what I can do the next time it happens.

August 20, 2008, 9:26 am CDT

Thursday

I walked the dogs and spent 2 hours  doing yardwork.  Boy do I ever feel sore!

August 21, 2008, 7:33 am CDT

Thursday

Walked the dogs and worked in the yard for 1 hour. 

I am analyzing what lead to my "fixation" period and the lost of me taking care of me again.  I took 13 bags of weeds to the tree lawn this morning and I'm still not quite done yet!  I will be working in the yard most of next week as well!

August 22, 2008, 8:15 am CDT

Friday

I walked the dogs and spent 30-40 minutes in the yard .. I'm working in full sun now so the  time will get shorter and shorter. Today it's going to be in the 90's and I didn't get started early either .. had to take mom and her friend to the Senior Picnic in the park.

Tomorrow is the dance workshop and then I'll be performing in the show that evening.  Figure that will give me about 4 hours of dance.  I'll be able to hang in there. I'm so much healthier than I've ever been!

August 23, 2008, 1:39 pm CDT

Saturday

The instructor at the workshop today just went to fast for me so I spent most of the workshop taking notes ... I will claim 30 minutes.  I did buy me angel wings .. got them for $65 ... usually they're $130. Yep, I got a great savings there!

Tonite I'm performing ... this will be great!  It's been a long time since I've performed at this workshop.

August 24, 2008, 8:29 am CDT

sunday

Walked the dogs and worked 1 hour in the yard. Finally got the inside fence, flowerbed & rose bush area done.  Now it's just the driveway area .. and it's not easy  as there isn't any shade for me like in the other areas of my yard.

I realized yesterday at the show, that I didn't turn to sweets they had out. That I wasn't happy that I couldn't get a bottle of water instead of a can of pop.  I turned to "healthier" picks because I wanted to.  This morning, I realized that I'm still doing the Weight Loss Challenge .. that next year it will be 6 years I've been working on adopting a healthier life style. And it's working .. maybe not in leaps and bounds, but it's working!

I've been journaling about why I lost control of my yard ... and it's take me all the way back to last holiday season. I was dealing with some old old stuff ... it's like I've tackled my seasons of my life to help me get my life together.  Anyway, this winter, I'm making a plan, I'm going to focus on doing different when I start up the gym's Slimathon program ... that whatever I'm focused on, I'm just going to allow myself to do different!  I know I can do it.  I've proven over and over again how powerful I've become!

August 25, 2008, 8:05 am CDT

Monday

Walked the dogs, cleaned the kitty litter boxes, and started on the driveway. It's nearly done already!  Just have the front portion and weedwacking to do and I'm done!  Can't believe it's going so well!  That's becaue it's on the cool side this morning and there's a really nice breeze out there!!

Tonite is the Stampede walk ... can't wait!!  I do miss it! 

August 25, 2008, 2:53 pm CDT

Recommitting again

I am going to re-read and do the exercises in Judith Beck's book THE BECK DIET SOLUTION again.  It overwhelmed me before and now I know what to expect, I'll just do it again.  It's not as intense as Dr. Phil's WEIGHT LOSS SOLUTIONS was to me.  I was able to accomplish nearly all of his action steps over the last 5 years .. now, I'm going to focus on doing Cognitive Behavior Therapy ...  which is really Dr. Phil's Keys 1, 2, & 4. 

On 9/1/08, I'll start with Week 1, Day 1 in the book.  we'll see how far I make it this time before I get overwhelmed.  I know I'm going to be okay and that the exercises are safe for me to do. I can do this, and will do it.

August 26, 2008, 9:51 am CDT

Tuesday

I woke up late (8:15a) and still managed to walk the dogs .. didn't want to .. but I did it.  Then I finished the driveway.  Now I just need to weedwack the entire yard and mow the grass.  still have 2 areas to address; however, they're not URGENT!! 

First | Prev | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | Next | Last