Message Boards

Topic : Ways to Exercise in the House

Number of Replies: 2019
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, September 17, 2006, 12:34:45 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Can't get out of the house due to weather, injury or disability, or just busy watching the kids? Are you trying to lose weight, get in shape, improve flexibility and circulation, or tone your body? Share your tips to exercising without leaving your home.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 27, 2008, 7:53 am CDT

Wednesday

Walked the dogs and completed the front of the house ... have over 12 bags of weeds and 3 bundles for trash day.  Not too bad at all.  Tomorrow, I'll tackle the squirrel's fence and that will bring closure to my yardwork ... then I'll move into maintenance when I mow my grass on Sunday. It really feels good to see my yard come together.  Good exercise .. however, I don't want to go thru this again!  Next year, I'll have maintenance on-going by mid-June or even sooner!

August 28, 2008, 6:40 am CDT

Thursday

Walked the dogs and all I have left to do in the yard is take the wood from the squirrel fence to the front tree lawn. It has been sitting there for 2 years or even longer.  It's all that's left .. isnt' that awesome!

I finished Chapter 2 of Judith's book.  I know I'm going to be ready on Monday to start DAY 1.  I'm a little nervous because "I'm so comfortable" about  my LOSING WEIGHT LIFE STYLE ...  that when it's no longer in my life, I'm going to have a really big void to fill .. and that  hasn't really sunk in just yet.

August 29, 2008, 6:54 am CDT

Friday

I woke up late so I'll be walking the dogs after I shower. I did clean up my dining room .. I'm finding that the lesson I learned in the yard this year is wroking in my house.  Both my kitchen and diningroom look really good!  Tonite it's a play date at my friends and then finally, swimming practice!

Swimming starts up again for adults next week at 2:30 p .. can't wait!  I'm going to be there with bells on Tuesday afternoon. Then I'm going to switch to Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday practice dates.  AND do AQ on T / Th.  I would love to be able to go to the gym on T/Th starting in October.  However, the pool is free and close by.

August 30, 2008, 4:38 am CDT

Saturday

I will be walking the dogs this morning and then it is off to the pool for swimming practice.

I went to my friends house last night .. but no dance practice .. it was wet and I didn't like the bugs!  She lives in a wooded area.

August 31, 2008, 6:18 am CDT

Sunday

This is my last post ... I'm the only one posting and it feels that I'm just repeating myself over and over and over again.  I exercise 6 days out of 7 normally. 

Thanks Dr. Phil for helping me to make exercise a habit in my life. I truly am grateful to you for that. 

I've started my own discussion in the WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE message.  Because I committed to you Dr. Phil, I have to continue to post here ... it's so weird ... I feel that if I don't I won't stay on track .. and then again, what if ...  but I committed and that means to me I have to keep you updated on what's going on in my life.  By next summer, I plan on walking away from the WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE because I've achieved my goal and I'm thin and my body is healing nicely from the burden I've placed on it all these long years!

So farewell ... I hope someone picks up posting here .. it was a nice, safe place for me to get into the habit of exercise. 

September 11, 2008, 10:32 am CDT

Clean the house and moving things

I notice when I clean I use to avoid moving things, and lately I've been moving furniture and items on the floors instead of just going around them.  The washer is downstairs and we have to go outside and around the house to get to it. It makes me get up and move instead of sit on the couch. Just these little things have helped me start moving more in the house. I suffer from Fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue and Essential Tremors, but I still need to be moving and getting myself up and about.  

September 12, 2008, 4:41 pm CDT

Picking up aroud the house & after my toddler

You will probably laugh at the decision I made to try and get in more walking within the house...  As the mother to an active little 2 year old tornado name AJ I am continually picking up his toys - making stacks here and there to put away later.  Same thing with house hold chores and putting other things up.  Well...NO MORE!  From now on when I see something that needs taking care of I am taking care of that one thing right then...and in the process I am making myself walk through the kitchen and stop to drink water each time.  I started keeping a food diary and write down a minimum of 6 entries for water at the start of each day - every time I finish my cup and a half of water I refill the glass then immediately walk over to the lo journal and put a check mark by it.  I am walking all over the house and slowly working myself up to hopefully walking around the block, then a mile, and so forth.  Little by little.  I am also going to try weather permitting to start pulling weeds in the garden to prep for my fall veggie garden each day while my son plays outside and the dogs enjoy being outside as well.  Every little step I take more than I was doing is a step forward for me.

September 13, 2008, 11:22 pm CDT

GREAT 4 You

Quote From: cecurtis2004

You will probably laugh at the decision I made to try and get in more walking within the house...  As the mother to an active little 2 year old tornado name AJ I am continually picking up his toys - making stacks here and there to put away later.  Same thing with house hold chores and putting other things up.  Well...NO MORE!  From now on when I see something that needs taking care of I am taking care of that one thing right then...and in the process I am making myself walk through the kitchen and stop to drink water each time.  I started keeping a food diary and write down a minimum of 6 entries for water at the start of each day - every time I finish my cup and a half of water I refill the glass then immediately walk over to the lo journal and put a check mark by it.  I am walking all over the house and slowly working myself up to hopefully walking around the block, then a mile, and so forth.  Little by little.  I am also going to try weather permitting to start pulling weeds in the garden to prep for my fall veggie garden each day while my son plays outside and the dogs enjoy being outside as well.  Every little step I take more than I was doing is a step forward for me.
hey I just started this too- and I think after you are done atyour house I got a place for you- lol- not really- But I too have limit time outside or anywhere as i work nights and sleep days- 12 hour shifts- anyway good luck to us both!- just wanted you to know someone really does read this stuff- haha Diana

September 15, 2008, 3:42 pm CDT

Losing weight with a disability

I have fibromyalgia and most days I hurt so bad I don't want to move. I am gaining weight like crazy. I need a way to lost weight around my pain, or something that would make my pain ease up a little. Any ideas. I tried walking, but I have to walk so slow or my feet start hurting so bad. In need of help.......... Any ideas will be taken seriously.....

September 16, 2008, 7:58 pm CDT

WeightLoss & Bipolar

I have been over weight all my life, I have also been Bipolar/depressed. Many people don't understand what bipolar is or how it effects someone. Even on medication troubling days with up and many down, what many people don't know is that bipolar also has effects on your body. You have pains everywhere, legs, back, head... everything. Some of the time it doesn't matter if you have taken your meds. The thing I have a hard time with is being motivated. I do not want to use my mental disorder as the reason but that is what hold my back. I has held my back from working and just plain living. My doctor has said that losing weight would help with my bipolar. I just cant get motivated for more then a day. What could help me motivate myself?

First | Prev | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | Next | Last