Message Boards

Topic : 09/25 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 2

Number of Replies: 329
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 22, 2006, 12:18:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Todd and Jessica's marriage had hit rock bottom with restraining orders, physical fights and ugly accusations in front of their three sons. Dr. Phil moved their family into The Dr. Phil House, where he could watch their every move and interaction with each other, and intervene whenever he chose. Within minutes of being under the same roof, Todd and Jessica launched into a marathon fight. Dr. Phil makes his first house call to show the couple how their fighting is affecting the kids. Then, after repeatedly denying that she was having an affair, Jessica has a woman-to-woman talk with a producer. Will she finally come clean? Tell us your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 25, 2006, 7:28 am CDT

09/25 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 2

First of all, the children need to be removed from this situation, NOW! The adults need to have their heads knocked together, this situation is going to turn violently physical and someone is going to get hurt or killed, the legal system needs to step in and keep these people apart. It is time for Dr. Phil to send these people on their way and they need to get divorced and stay the heck away from each other. I think they are both full of it and they are both trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes including Dr. Phil, but they aren't fooling anyone but themselves.

September 25, 2006, 7:31 am CDT

Jessica's excuse

"At least I admit it."  You can tell she thinks everything she does is okay as long as she admits it.   Todd does the same thing.  The two of them say, "The kids deserve better,"  but they don't make a single speck of effort.

People who follow their children to the pool to scream about Mom's affair are just bone selfish.  Decent parents would wait until the kids were out or, at the very least ,go sit in the car to talk about something as heavy as Mom with another man.  Just think of the awful images those boys have of their mother.  It's really almost too horrible to watch.

September 25, 2006, 7:32 am CDT

Furious

Please Dr. Phil get those poor kids out of that house!!!  They have suffered far more than any child should. These two people together are just toxic and need to separate. That women is the poorest exuse for a mother and a wife. Anyone can see she is a habitual liar and is obviously screwing around, to what degree who cares. She has put her self at risk and especially those kids. I agree with others, they don't deserve to be in your house. Just help those kids they are the real one who REALLY need it.

E nuff said

September 25, 2006, 7:42 am CDT

BRAVO

Quote From: bp2890

After watching the show today, I realized that some people just don't need to stay married.  I was in a marriage for 25 years.  It ended because I discovered an affair he was in.  It wasn't until after the divorce that I found out he had had numerous affairs.  As difficult as it was to get divorced, I am now happier than I have been in years.  I am still single after seven years but it is my choice and I make all the choices for myself...no more doing things for the sake of my husband, or because I felt it wasn't in the best interest of our marriage.  I do things I want to do, have relationships I want to have , am alone when I want to be. 

I guess I am saying this because I know about the hurt that Todd feels.  I know the anger, the feeling of wanting to make someone love you like they used to.  It can never go back to the way it was when you had complete trust, love and devotion.  My advise to anyone in a situation like thiers is to walk away while you still have some dignity and the kids are not hurt anymore.  As we singles know, there are hundreds of us out there and a new relationship is right around the corner when you are ready for one.   Some marriages are NOT worth fighting for.  Some people are NOT worth keeping. 

Thank you for sharing and God Bless you. It's great to know people like you do exist.

Keep on keeping on with your strong self. I totally agree with leaving your spouse after you discovered his affair. I would do the same thing, once a cheat always a cheat.  Every time he would be late coming home, I would wonder. It would destroy me as a person and I love me too much to see that happen.

Wishing you happiness and strength.

September 25, 2006, 7:46 am CDT

Regarding blank screen

I also have a blank screen.  I believe this is because I do not have the latest Flash version.  I unfortunately cannot update this as I go on line at work and do not have authorization to load this.

September 25, 2006, 8:05 am CDT

Regarding blank screen

I also have a blank screen.  I believe this is because I do not have the latest Flash version.  I unfortunately cannot update this as I go on line at work and do not have authorization to load this.

September 25, 2006, 8:19 am CDT

Blank Box

Quote From: chesne55

all i get is a black blank box..............any suggestions?

Make sure you have the latest version of the Flash Player installed. You can download it free at http://www.adobe.com

September 25, 2006, 10:32 am CDT

Although I mostly agree.........

Although I was appalled with this couples' behavior, I'm also greatly appreciative that they are letting me learn from their heartaches, challenges, mistakes, screw-ups, etc.

Rather than be self-righteous, I try to have compassion for anyone desperate enough to air their 'dirty-laundry' on national television in an attempt to change their lives.

I think my husband and I have been good parents and our 21, 18 & 14 year old say we are good parents once in a while    (..........Don't faint.......LOL). But I must admit, I've yelled at my kids and in front of my kids. Certainly not to the the extreme of this couple, but even at 40 I'm still trying to improve my parenting skills and I HAVE learned a great deal of how NOT to behave from this couple.

Thanks Dr. Phil, Robin, Staff & House Guests! You ALL are changing lives!

September 25, 2006, 11:20 am CDT

kids OTHER parent

Where the heck  are the other parents to these kids?  Where is her ex husband and his ex wife? If these 2 are the better parent...eeek

And even though a lot of us have argued in front of the kids, these 2 take it to a whole new level. They have NO self-control. I mean, come on, 5 minutes in the house and he is already jumping down her throat.

If they are no longer living together and he has filed for a divorce, is it really an affair?

September 25, 2006, 11:38 am CDT

How to get the details from Flash

Quote From: kimgrenke

You can sign up to have Flash Player installed at www.adobe.com, like the moderator suggested.

Or, if you have IE shield on your Standard Buttons bar (a blue button with a mini triangle over the Explorer symbol), do what I did when I wanted to access Yahoo! Games, and follow these instructions.

1. Click on the IE Shield button.  The option "Lock IE Settings" will be checked.  Click on that option to uncheck it.

2.  Reload the page, and at the top (below all your toolbars) you will see a message that says "This page requires the latest version of Flash Player."  (It will be in a beige-like yellow color)  Click on the message bar, and choose the option "Accept Installation."  It should take only a few seconds.

Once Flash Player is installed, go back to IE Shield button, and click on "Lock Settings" to lock it again.  DO IT AS SOON AS THE INSTALLATION IS COMPLETE!!!!!

NOTE: If, as a result of the installation, you get a message stating that spyware or adware was found, you will have to choose either Quarantine or Delete the Infected File, and restart your computer.

Thanks, and I hope I've been a big help.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last