Message Boards

Topic : 09/25 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 2

Number of Replies: 329
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 22, 2006, 12:18:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Todd and Jessica's marriage had hit rock bottom with restraining orders, physical fights and ugly accusations in front of their three sons. Dr. Phil moved their family into The Dr. Phil House, where he could watch their every move and interaction with each other, and intervene whenever he chose. Within minutes of being under the same roof, Todd and Jessica launched into a marathon fight. Dr. Phil makes his first house call to show the couple how their fighting is affecting the kids. Then, after repeatedly denying that she was having an affair, Jessica has a woman-to-woman talk with a producer. Will she finally come clean? Tell us your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 25, 2006, 12:06 pm CDT

09/25 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 2

It's uncomfortable to watch this sort of thing play out... and I'm sure that if Todd saw how he looked to the rest of us and especially to his kids, it would be live changing....  But, god bless him, I know where he is too.... My wife had an affair.  I thought that I was going crazy because she too, denied everything to the hilt.  I acted a fool too... Not to that extend... I never touched her and I was very careful, more careful than she was NOT to involve her kids in our problems.... 

What I learned from that experience is that you can't change other people....  I can love them, but not love or tolerate their behavior.  Even getting married and having kids is not reason enuff to stay in a destructive relationship!!!  Life is meant to be enjoyed!  not tolerated.... or worse yet... have to fight your way through...

Get out, get well & get on with it! 

September 25, 2006, 12:21 pm CDT

I can see both sides but what a mess

I agree that Todd treats his wife just as bad as he treats her.  I believe he is stalking her and if he really wants things to change in their marriage, he needs to stop doing that.

At the same time, she is out of control.  I have not seen tokday's show yet being in the midwest.  The bottom line is this in my view, YOU CAN NOT be fist fighting with the kids like she was doing, nor can he be saying "here she comes" and allowing his son to get physical with her. 

September 25, 2006, 12:54 pm CDT

Control

Todd and Jessica are fighting for control.  They are so worried about what they want that they loose sight of how to make a marriage work.  They have no respect for each other or their children.  It is no wonder she is seeing another man. He doesn't know how to show his wife love and respect.  I don't think this marriage can be saved because she has had enough and she has found a man she wants to try to build a relationship with.  The children will be the real losers here. They don't have a parent that knows how to teach them to be successful in life. These people should not be allowed to have children.

September 25, 2006, 12:58 pm CDT

Hope for other couples

I wish Dr. Phil had been around 20 years ago when I was going through my first divorce.  The idea in America is just throw it away when it get's hard.  Marriage is work.  Communication shutting down is the worst thing a couple can do.  I hope this marriage can be repaired, and these beautiful boys be nurtured into a more healthy lifestyle.

September 25, 2006, 1:02 pm CDT

tODD AND jESSICA'S mARRIAGE

Well I have not seen today's episode either because I am at work.  I record Dr. Phil every day on my DVR!  I think Jessica is a real piece of work!  I hope she does realize how bad it makes her look that a man has spent the night with her and she denies that anything is going on!  That really makes me laugh!  Todd is completely out-of-control, because he will not leave her alone.  He should try and just let her do what she wants to do.

September 25, 2006, 1:05 pm CDT

Divorce already!!!

Personal opinion....Dr. Phil says they don't have a right to get divorced...I don't think they have a right to be married....Focus should be on those kids who see the divorce coming anyhow...the kids should be managed on how to go through the divorce process with Dr. Phil. The kids can and will benefit from those horrible married parents divorcing and then work on growing into strong loving single parents as role models, not child-like adults that need a MONITOR constantly.

September 25, 2006, 1:21 pm CDT

Do they have a right to divorce?

Let em. What's to save?? I'm not real impressed with this couple. I feel empathy for him but she is cold and heartless. I don't like her much at this point. I think he should cut and run.

September 25, 2006, 1:22 pm CDT

I hate when people use the kids as a reason

My parents should have divorced each other and I wish these two wood and then get everyone of them in therapy. I saw my Mom with her lover and my parents never divorced. When Mom died, my Dad was bitter and said he knew about it and had no reason to honor Mom. I loved both my parents (now deceased) but when there is so much damage, just walk away and spare the kids the nightmare.

September 25, 2006, 1:25 pm CDT

For those of you who think he is bad

Well you are right, he don't know how to treat a woman but  she does not know  how to be a wife either. No kudos for either as far as I am concerned.

September 25, 2006, 1:27 pm CDT

Too Much

I believe that Todd pushed to hard for a confession and not realizing he may have played part in her not confession up front to prevent all of this confusion for the boys.  The name calling was unneccesary and the fake tears she cried at the end of the show.  If she was so upset why not let Todd see how upset she is and why she is sorry for the affair and why it ended.  She is not taking any blame for her marriage going up in smoke.  Honesty is the best policy and they need to practice that and encourage the boys to be honest in their feelings about their parents fighting and the name calling.  It should be about them because they need their parents to grow up so that they grow up feeling good about who they are.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last