Message Boards

Topic : 09/25 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 2

Number of Replies: 329
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 22, 2006, 12:18:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Todd and Jessica's marriage had hit rock bottom with restraining orders, physical fights and ugly accusations in front of their three sons. Dr. Phil moved their family into The Dr. Phil House, where he could watch their every move and interaction with each other, and intervene whenever he chose. Within minutes of being under the same roof, Todd and Jessica launched into a marathon fight. Dr. Phil makes his first house call to show the couple how their fighting is affecting the kids. Then, after repeatedly denying that she was having an affair, Jessica has a woman-to-woman talk with a producer. Will she finally come clean? Tell us your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 25, 2006, 1:27 pm CDT

Male friend

Well, Dr. Phil's intuition turned out to be right as far as Jessica having an affair with her male "friend", but I'm wondering about how adament he was (before the affair came out) that a married woman being friends with a man is inappropriate--is it?  This is something that I've discussed with my friends (male and female), and no one seems to have a good answer.  Does being married mean you can't have opposite sex friends at all?  Or only friends that your spouse knows or is also friends with?  What if you are friends with someone at work or somewhere where your spouse doesn't get a chance to know the people? 

So what is the rule for this opposite sex friendship thing when you're married?  Does anybody know?! 

September 25, 2006, 1:29 pm CDT

JESSICA IS LOOKING FOR AN EASY OUT!!!

In my opinion I feel that the children would be better off if they got a divorce.  The constant fighting and name calling is so childish, you wonder who the parents really are.  I understand that Todd is very upset about the fact that Jessica won't tell him about her affair with the co-worker, but he needs to lay off a little and make it so she can tell him.  And Jessica.........well as a married woman I have no tolerance for cheating on anyones part, and Jessica committed the ultimate betrayal twice.  I was watching the preview for next weeks show, and they show her crying saying how she doesn't want to hurt Todd, she should have thought of Todd, but most importantly her children first.  I don't think Jessica really wants her marriage to work, and I believe that she wants him to leave her when she tells him, it would be an easy out for her and that's what she's looking for at this point.  It's a shame that she would waste Dr. Phil's time and generosity, but then again she has done nothing but lie to him.

September 25, 2006, 1:35 pm CDT

Give me a break

Quote From: rhondajomc

Malaciah 2:16 God hates divorce.God tells us to forgive 490 times and again and again.I am not a bible shaking person just a human who has problems like everyone else and God sacrificed his son for all of us and we cannot react to unkind words or actions but,what God has planned for all of us and those who don't believe in him ask him to show you he is real and watch for him to appear.We are not to judge lest we be judged by him,lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.Wake up people.Get off your self righteousness and start humbling yourselves as we are none perfect.listen to Dr. Phil.He never advises divorce.Only to get out if it is a violent situation and we cause you or others harm.
 Divorce is not a sin, a sin is hurting the little ones which these two are doing, often and well.

September 25, 2006, 1:36 pm CDT

Todd and Jessica

I knew that Jessica was cheating on Todd from the first part of the dr.phil house it was to much that she kept lying to her husband and then to Dr.Phil.All she had to do was tell the truth in the first place especailly since they cheated with each other when both of them was married to other people so like that saying goes always a cheater is a cheater so I cant wait to see part 3 next week.

September 25, 2006, 1:39 pm CDT

She is not real

liars will lie forever until they have a reason to tell the truth, but only for awhile and then the lies will start again to "save" her, "save" her children or heaven forbid "save' Todd.  No reason for her to change she will stay the same in this relationship or the next one. She comes first not her kids or someone else. 

Adding another person to the picture will not help.

September 25, 2006, 1:41 pm CDT

Todd

I can relate here. I just found out my husband was having an affair. Everyone talks about Todd stalking his wife but let me tell you when you first suspect an affair going on you do alot of things you never thought you would. And she admits this is the second affair. Not sure I believe it's onlly the second though. When you suspect something going on and they can't admit it, it just makes you go crazy. I made sure I had all the details before facing my husband. Oh yes he denied it to the fullest until I knew dates and times. But now it makes me wonder where there any others. I can't concentrate on anything any more. I am always looking for the signs that he is seeing her again. I loose my temper over the slightest things. We can be watching a show and just one word and it all comes back. We are trying to repair the damage it has done to our marriage. I know we had problems but no way am I to blame for him having an affair. I sure didn't go outside the marriage for comfort no matter what our problems. And maybe just maybe she has turned Todd into the person he is because of these affairs. It would be alot easier if we could just walk away but when you love someone so much. I know it is so hard on me. I tell myself to walk away and end it now but my heart says no that maybe he does mean that promise he gave that it will never happen again. But then how do I get rid of all the anger and mistrust? How do I stop myself from going through all his things and seeing if he's hiding something? Sorry Todd but I can tell by the way she is acting that she is not ready to end the affair and you are better off walking. Hope you have the guts that I don't. Best of luck.

September 25, 2006, 1:44 pm CDT

She just wants her 15 minutes of fame!!

Jennifer plays a pitiful "victim"  The videos from their home shows she is definitely not innocent by any means.  She was attacking and calling Todd names at the top of her lungs and slapping the kid in the head........now she is trying to portray herself as passive.  Get real!!!!  I feel soooooo sorry for those boys....especially the 8 yr. old.....how does he even know about suicide?

September 25, 2006, 1:46 pm CDT

09/25 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 2

You know Jessica is such a actor.  She really needs to grow up and stop being such a drama queen.  She knows exactly what she is doing and doesn't care the end results.  She can say she doesn't realize what it's doing to her kids.  But if you watched the first show and saw her or rather heard her screaming at her son and actually striking him.  She doesn't deserve to even have these kids.  How can either of them not realize they are hurting the kids.  I think her husband is being sincere in wanting to make the marriage work.  I don't agree with what he does but I do think he is sincere.  As for Jessica I think she is so full of herself that she really doesn't care about anyone.  It's all about her.  Not her family, husband or especially the kids. She sits there all smug knowing she is lying.  But she's the victim, yeah right,!! The KIDS are the VICTIMS!!Come on Jessica get real! Hubby grow a back bone, either fix it or cut your losses and get out. 

September 25, 2006, 1:47 pm CDT

good question

Quote From: kbm804

Well, Dr. Phil's intuition turned out to be right as far as Jessica having an affair with her male "friend", but I'm wondering about how adament he was (before the affair came out) that a married woman being friends with a man is inappropriate--is it?  This is something that I've discussed with my friends (male and female), and no one seems to have a good answer.  Does being married mean you can't have opposite sex friends at all?  Or only friends that your spouse knows or is also friends with?  What if you are friends with someone at work or somewhere where your spouse doesn't get a chance to know the people? 

So what is the rule for this opposite sex friendship thing when you're married?  Does anybody know?! 

That is really a good question. I do not know the answer myself. I am not married but living with my common-law for 2 years now. I know so many marriages where the husband and wife have opposite-sex friends, and it never seems to be a problem. I guess it depends on how close they are, if they are always alone, and how often they are together. That is what I would go by anyway. As for me, I have many different friends, male and female, but I do admit that I actually am not super close to any men, going out with them or getting together alone, and I know if my man did that, I would feel strange, but, that is just my relationship, every relationship is different I suppose.

September 25, 2006, 1:48 pm CDT

She just wants her 15 minutes of fame!!

Jennifer plays a pitiful "victim"  The videos from their home shows she is definitely not innocent by any means.  She was attacking and calling Todd names at the top of her lungs and slapping the kid in the head........now she is trying to portray herself as passive.  Get real!!!!  I feel soooooo sorry for those boys....especially the 8 yr. old.....how does he even know about suicide?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last