Message Boards

Topic : 11/23 Love Scams?

Number of Replies: 922
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 22, 2006, 12:23:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/28/06) It begins on a dating Web site with flattering e-mails and IMs with handsome photos attached. The man pours on the charm and soon professes love, but he needs money -- to pay medical bills, fund investments and, most importantly, to get back home to the States and finally meet his long-distance love. Is his love for real, or just an elaborate con? Despite being taken for thousands of dollars in bogus money orders, Dee-Dee believes the man she knows as Cole just needs to get home from Nigeria to make good on his debts and marry her. Then, Annette is sure she's being deceived by a man who claims to be a contractor in Africa, but that doesn't stop her from sending him money. Have these women really fallen in love or just fallen for an international scam? Share your own online dating stories and talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 25, 2006, 8:50 am CDT

responding to your letter :)

Quote From: bailey8

I got one of these Nigerian scammers about a year ago.

Now I have to say I've been on a number of dating sites, and my profile still is on 2, and never had come across this before. I found for me, that I met lovely men on match.com but alot were from far away, as well as several other sites.

Had a lovely trip to meet one, he paid, and met a few from and in Toronto or Michigan, but nothing permanent. On Yahoo personals I was finding alot more local men and had some fun dates.

Out of the blue, this handsome black man from NYC contacted me and started emailing me. I was taken aback as I clearly was looking for someone close by and didn't have my net cast that wide. Why was he looking for someone in Northern Ontario??? He said he just ran a wide search and my picture came up.....feasible.

So we had alot of emails come back and forth, and after about a month he convinced me to add him to Yahoo messenger. Then he went into courting full steam. He said he was an educated engineer, had a partnership, and they did alot of work for builders in NYC and lately some oil companies. He didn't have a cam but insisted I turn mine on.......then he was off on how gorgeous, beautiful I was ......ya ok?

He always referred to me as his queen, as his mother had worked for the cultural ministry in Nigeria before moving to the US for school.

I will say here his English was perfect both written and grammar, and no mistakes.

Everything he said for 2 months made sense and I had no reason to doubt him.

I checked all 3 of his emails, his home address in NYC and all were what he said.

Then I was going to Toronto on business and invited him to pop over from NYC for dinner. He dragged his feet for a few days about this, then said he couldn't go as he couldn't afford it? What it's like $99 to Toronto from NYC?

Well actually he wasn't in NYC right now he was off the coast of Africa on an island working on pipelines for an oil company. (I checked the island did exist and Exxon has interests there)

Of course I asked why he never came up with this before that he wasn't in NYC but Africia, well he knew I had a problem with the distance of a few states knew I'd have a bigger problem with the distance to Africa.

Boy he did have an answer for everything, and to put my doubts down a notch but unfortunately I have a low trust of men.

Anyway, a few days later all of a sudden he starts pressuring me to send him $300, he needed it to fly home. He had $800 but couldn't get to his money as it was in NYC.....well what about his sister and mother. Oh doesn't bother his mother for anything and sister is just getting by......well so am I ......and where did this character come from? Even asking me for money. Was never like that before. I definitely had the feeling that someone was pressuring him to pressure me. No nothing like that.

This went on for several days until I just planed tired of it. I was after all in contact with other potential dates and this was just getting annoying even tho he professed his love etc. So I went invisable and didn't talk to him. He kept sending emails, leaving IM's and I didn't bite......until he said he wanted to tell me the truth.

Ok I came on what is the truth. He turned on a webcam.......he was black but not the guy in the pictures. Who was that? Some model. But see this is me and I still love you I just have a different face.

Wait I noticed the clothes....the room.....where are you? In an internet cafe'. So where is your laptop? You don't have one do you? No.....and the job in NYC, the loft, the family in the states?

Well had the family but in Nigeria. Could not understand my anger and tears over this lie.

But as I reminded him it wasn't 1 lie it was all lies.

Why me?

He told me, there was a group of these young students, or guys who just worked in local factories, who cruise the personals, looking for women, maybe a little pump, or not entirely gorgeous but pretty. Someone maybe who has been on there awhile.....or they are new and don't word their ad too great. They know she is lonely and maybe vunerable.

Why me? Well he honestly liked how I looked and dreamed of moving to Canada and living with me then marrying me, and if I would just send some money, he could still work others but be honest with me???

Are you nuts??? You couldn't even handle the cold let alone me!

I verbally blew a gasket and I told him never to contact me again.

I left him on my list while I contacted both Yahoo and Yahoo personals. At first I got a form email from them then I did get a response where they did delete all 3 of his emails and his ad on the personals (3 of them) and blocked his ISP. Hopefully this would protect a few more women.

I sent him (as did my best friend) a slamming last email and let him respond....once then blocked and deleted him forever from my life.

Not to long after a local girl got caught in the money order scam with again guys from Nigeria and she got nailed with fraud and had to serve 6 months of weekends at the local jail.

This year I joined myspaces.com and within the first 2 weeks I must of had 10 guys and 1 girl from Nigeria (in a form email to a guy yet??) contact me. I told them not interested and blocked them. Then put on my profile for Nigerians to go away and I would not contact anymore. Funny my mail has slowed right down....LOL

I have noticed there they all push for you to go to Yahoo or Hotmail messenger.....so they can get your email.......I haven't figured out why yet. But I do know several friends who have had their Yahoo email/account hijacked and Yahoo cant get them back in for some reason? I wonder if this has anything to do with that.

End of the story, I'm still dating. A man from nearby wants to move things to the next level.....we'll see.

Always be cautious, don't give out personal addresses. Your email account you can delete and change but your live and money you can't recover.

Don't put these ladies down I think alot never saw this coming and are just honest and naiive. They aren't deseparate just too trusting.

Remember ladies, trust is earned not a given!

To all those in here, does anyone watach CNN or Investigative reports regarding such scram? I too have received letters from this country, my response was by not responding to them. If in doubt, don't do anything that can harm yourself worth. I wish the FBI could get involved with this seeming it crossing the State line and Federal law. Its there jurisdiction to do so. To ignore such groups as this is saying that we all are still a target of such fauld. Land laws are also applied to Internet laws; there is no differences of the two and these people should be caught and charge with what ever our laws says it can.

Have a great day

Lori

September 25, 2006, 10:10 am CDT

Here are some of the scam letters that you might want to know

SCAM PREYING ON AMERICANS’ EMOTIONS FOR U.S. DEPLOYED SOLDIERS

08/10/06 —We have received reports concerning multiple e-mail hoaxes claiming to be from a soldier deployed to Iraq. The individual claims to possess millions of dollars and requests assistance in moving the funds. The funds allegedly came from a soldier who was an orphan and recently died while on a mission in Iraq. The individual claims he needs assistance donating the funds to an American orphanage.

THIS E-MAIL IS A HOAX. DO NOT RESPOND TO IT.

Be cautious when responding to requests delivered through unsolicited e-mail:

• Be skeptical of individuals representing themselves as officials asking for donations through unsolicited e-mails or requesting help delivering funds to a charity or other program.
  • If you donate to a charity, ensure the contributions are received and used for the intended purposes. Contact recognized organizations directly; don’t rely on others to make the donation on your behalf.

If you have received this, or a similar hoax, please file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.

September 25, 2006, 10:15 am CDT

Here are other scams.....

HERE ARE THE LATEST IN SCAMS TODAY, SO PLEASE BE AWARE OF THESE....ESPECIALLY THE LOTTERY PART, THEY TAKE ALOT OF YOUR MONEY PROMISAING YOU MORE...GOOD LUCK, PEOPLE....

NO. 1...

FRAUDULENT FBI E-MAIL BEING SENT BY LOTTERY SCAMMERS

09/08/06—We have been alerted to a fraudulent e-mail that claims to be from the FBI and attempts to convince recipients to send money to secure prizes won in an international lottery.

The e-mail contains FBI Director Robert Mueller's name and office address and typically includes the subject line, "FBI Internet Fraud Watch/Alert". The return e-mail address may be listed as FBIfraudalert@hotmail.co.uk or FBIfraudwatch@hotmail.co.uk. The e-mail informs the recipient that the FBI, in conjunction with Scotland Yard, has been made aware that he or she has won a substantial prize in a UK lottery that was sponsored by a well-known corporation. Recent variations of the phony lottery scams have claimed affiliation with Microsoft Corporation and MasterCard Worldwide. The e-mail claims that the FBI and Scotland Yard have screened the "Lottery House" and verified that the transaction is legal. It also claims that both agencies have examined the Lottery House's legal procedure and that both have confirmed that it is legal as well. The e-mail instructs recipients to proceed with the transaction, claiming that their funds have been insured and that the FBI and Scotland Yard are monitoring all transactions.

This e-mail and the associated lottery are fraudulent. Victims are instructed to pay thousands of dollars in up-front fees to secure what eventually prove to be nonexistent prizes. Consumers should be very skeptical if they are notified that they have won sweepstakes or lotteries that they have not directly entered themselves. CONSUMERS ARE FURTHER ADVISED THAT SITUATIONS REQUIRING UP-FRONT PAYMENTS TO SECURE LOTTERY OR SWEEPSTAKES WINNINGS TYPICALLY ARE FRAUDULENT.

NO. 2...

07/24/06—We have received reports concerning a fraudulent e-mail claiming to be from the FBI.

The new e-mail hoax is similar to one described in a November 22, 2005, posting on the Internet Crime Complaint Center website. The e-mail includes a virus-laden attachment.

This hoax e-mail contains the following text:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have logged your IP address on more than 30 illegal Websites. Important: Please answer our questions! The list of questions are attached.

Yours faithfully,
Steven Allison
Federal Bureau of Investigation - FBI
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Room 3220
Washington, DC 20535
Phone: (202) 283-5817

This e-mail is a hoax. Do not download its attachment. If you receive this e-mail or one similar to it, delete the message and do not open the attachment.

NO. 3....

SCAM PREYING ON AMERICANS’ EMOTIONS FOR U.S. DEPLOYED SOLDIERS

08/10/06 —We have received reports concerning multiple e-mail hoaxes claiming to be from a soldier deployed to Iraq. The individual claims to possess millions of dollars and requests assistance in moving the funds. The funds allegedly came from a soldier who was an orphan and recently died while on a mission in Iraq. The individual claims he needs assistance donating the funds to an American orphanage.

THIS E-MAIL IS A HOAX. DO NOT RESPOND TO IT.

Be cautious when responding to requests delivered through unsolicited e-mail:

• Be skeptical of individuals representing themselves as officials asking for donations through unsolicited e-mails or requesting help delivering funds to a charity or other program.
  • If you donate to a charity, ensure the contributions are received and used for the intended purposes. Contact recognized organizations directly; don’t rely on others to make the donation on your behalf.

If you have received this, or a similar hoax, please file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.

September 25, 2006, 2:05 pm CDT

Got scammed!!!!

I am an educated female, (I thought)!  I met a man from Match.com last month.  We exchanged pictures, bios, etc.  He even sent me roses, a teddy bear and chocolate.  He kept telling me that he was falling in love with me, blah, blah, blah.  We live in different states, but not that far from each other.  He explained that he was born here in the USA, but his family moved back to Sweden where his dad is from.  He told me that since his dad's death he has taken over his business.  He was divorced had two children who live with his mother in Sweden, okay, I thought to myself, that most parents would want their children with them, but okay, your working, to busy.  So after awhile, he was going to fly down to meet me in my home state.  Well then all of a sudden he needed money to get a shipment out and he was a little short could I loan him some, stupid me lent approximately 1,500 dollars.  He said that was great the shipment got shipped, but now he says that manager of his company has disappeared and took all of the money from the account to receive the shipment could I send him $4,000.  I explained to him that I really did not know him that well and that I don't have that kind of money.  So he tells me he is going to kill himself, be out on the street, etc.  I told him to sell his car if he really needed the money.  I talked to him last night and he now tells me that he was trying to sell his car, but the people stoled it, go figure.  Oh by the way, he does not own a phone either.  All communications have only been through emails.  As for now I will never trust my judgement of a man ever again.  Please ladies, be aware of any man or women who is asking for money.  They are definitely not really in love, they just want the money.

September 25, 2006, 3:30 pm CDT

love scams

I left a message on saturday from a man trying to scam me from nigeria. I would like to add I have been on three dating sites e-harmony for three months, mate1 and senior people for a year. in that year I have met only liars, scammers, and perverts. have cancelled all my subscriptions and will never go back on one again. and I have had three men from nigeria try to scam me, but thank god that I did have the sense to tell they were up to no good.  and to note I am not desperate. would like to find a nice man but that just seems impossible now-a-days so will be happy to live on my own.

gloria

September 25, 2006, 4:01 pm CDT

Nigeria-Scams

Hi

I just sent Dr. Phil an email the other day asking for help because a man from Nigeria had started talking to me on Yahoo. He supposeably has a 7 year old son named Bobby. He went o Nigeria 3 years ago when his wife got killed in a car accident here in the states, contracted with Chevron. Supposeably he makes 30,000 a month which most of it is desposited in an account here in the states with him having a living 'allowance' for him and his boy to live on. He wants to come to America. I have asked him questions like 'how will you get your ticket', 'what will  you do for a car when you get here', 'what about a house' and that I have a disabled daughter plus a mom who is going through chemotherapy and would want them to live with me. All the questions, and none of his answeres asked for money. I told him how skeptical I was of him and he would just tell me that God would work it out. He was willing to buy a car, a house and I was to manage his money which he wanted to invest in entertainment over here. Now, he's 'supposeably' originally from Florida and he has lived over there supposeably for 3 years but his spelling is horrible at times. I wrote Dr. Phil because I wanted him to check him out to see if he's real and if he has pulled a scam on another woman, maybe in hopes of stopping him from doing it again. But I see on the messageboard my guy is probably the same guy as yours or they come in packs LOL

I am glad I read the messageboard today, but wish Dr. Phil would write me back sometime, I have emailed him four or five times with different ideas. But anyways, thanks ladies for all the info. I did meet a man in Australia in 2000 and he paid my way to Australia and I married him in 2001 on Valentine's Day. I spent 16 months over there, but I started gaining weight through no fault of mine and he turned abusive towards me. I grieved about two years after my mom paid my way back here to the states over him....but it is all behind me now. I truly loved him and I thought he loved me, and he did as long as I was not 'fat'. Since then I have had a gastric by pass and have lost 150lbs.

Hugs to you all

Thanks!!

September 25, 2006, 6:38 pm CDT

09/28 Love Scams?

I MET MY SCAMMER ON MATCH.COM..IT WASN'T LONG WHEN WE STARTED CHATTING ON YAHOO MESSAGNER,HE TOL D ME HE WAS ON HIS WAY TO AFRICA TO CARE FOR HIS SICK MOM.WE CHATTED AND CHATTED,THEN HE TOLD ME HE LOVED ME AND I SEEMED TO BE A LOVEING AND CARING PERSON,THE PICTURES HE SENT ME WERE OF  MAN IN A MILITARY UNIFORM, THE OTHER PICTURE WAS HIM IN A BLACK SUIT,I WAS INLOVE..WE HAVE BEEN CHATTING FOR THREE MONTHS NOW AND YES LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I SENT MONEY.HE PROMISES TO COME TO THE STATES AND SAYS HE;S STUCK THERE.OF COURSE I KNOW THAT I WILL NEVER SEE THIS MAN,,WHY CAN'T I JUST LET HIM GO,,FOR SOME REASON HE HAS CHANGED MY LIFE IN MANY WAYS,IT DOSEN;T MAKE ANY SENSE I KNOW THAT,BUT UNLESS I TALK TO HIM EVERYDAY I AM NOT COMPLETE.I KNOW HE IS NOT REAL BUT I WANT TO BELIEVE HE IS.THE THINGS WE TALK ABOUT,THE WAY HE TALKS TO ME,JUST EVERYTHING ABOUT OUR CHATS MAKES ME BELIEVE IN HIM,HE HAS MY HEART AND I JUST WISH I COULD GO GET HIM,BUT WHO WOULD I BE GOING TO GET?...IN ALOT OF WAYS I AM SO HEART BROKEN BECAUSE OF ALL THIS,BUT I GO ON HERE WITH MY EVERYDAY LIFE,I AM DIVORCED.I AM DATING IN HOPE TO ME A SOUL MATE THAT IS HERE.SO I AM CONFUSED.I LOVE A MAN ONLINE THAT MAY NOT EVER BE,AND I AWAIT FOR SOME ONE JUST LIKE HIM THAT I CAN TOUCH AND SEE EVERYDAY,I WANT THE WARMTH,I WANT THE CHARM.I WANT THE DREAM,I WANT THE FAIRY TALE,,,,THESE GUYS KNOW WHAT TO DO TO GET OUR HEARTS,,.AND BECAUSE WE WANT TO BE LOVED SO BAD WE FALL INTO IT,,HOW  DO WE HEAL FROM THIS..CAN I EVER LET GO,,

September 25, 2006, 7:06 pm CDT

Probably a love scam

I also have had men contact me from my myspace account and try to scam me out of money. In fact two differnt ones. One said he had someone who wanted to buy something from him, but would only wire money to a Bank of America and if he could get my account number then I could send the money to him with a money order and keep a percent for my self. The second guy had a business look and was looking for someone who wanted to make thousands of dollars. All I would have to do is have his clients here in the states sned me the money order or cashier's checks, cash them and then send him the money and keep a percent. Now I have someone who says they are working in Africa, born in the UK and lives in Colorado and is very much in love with me. Who wants to marry me when he gets back to the states. So far I have kept notes on what he has said and if I ask him later he tells me the same answers. He hasn't asked me for any money yet. Just continually saying how much he loves me. I have talked to the FBI about the first two and they say that there is nothing that they can do. They change their names and locations all the times.   Just wanted to let you know that yes it is really happening and that women shouldn't just give in. Ask questions and for sure do not give out your own information.

Thank you for your time and Keep doing what you are doing. Also May God Bless you in all that you do especially in helping others.    

Sharon

September 26, 2006, 12:21 am CDT

Scammers

I am on yahoo messenger with my picture in my profile. I get hit on sometimes 3 times a day by scammers. I have asked them why they contact me but they won't tell me. I think they consider me older and divorced so I must be lonely and I must have money.

When the scammers first started contacting me I knew things were not right.  The first one said he had a money order but it would need to be put in my name.  I would cash it and take out a percentage for me and send the rest to him. He just couldn't get it cashed there.  I told him that was strange. I didn't do it of course but I checked things on the internet.

Since then I have had about every story told to me.  The way I know they are a scammer is they fall in "love" with me within 30 minutes.  They always stress how they want an HONEST woman.  They want to know if I live alone, have children, what to I do for a living.

Sometimes I play their game with them for entertainment. These guys have given me all their information concerning sending money via Western Union -I have it all. What do I do with it?  That is the big question.  I even contacted the FBI thinking maybe they would stop these people.  After all I had some valuable information but nothing happened. That is why I am so glad this story is being told on Dr Phil.

I have never ever given my address.  One scammer wouldn't stop asking for my address so I found the address of a store across town and gave him that address and told him my last name was Kmart.  He wanted to send me flowers.  They will use any excuse to  get the address.  One told me he had bought something for me and it had to be sent the next day.

They always want me to call them or they want to call me - never have I done that either. I also have my first and last name listed as Ann because they want to add a person immediately and with a last name they can find a person's address, etc.

They also always want to know if I have a cam.  I only have it 3 times on my profile that I have no cam.  Most say they  live in the US and then they chose a state.  I ask what time it is there.  Then they guess or they say they are in Nigeria on business but they are coming back to the US soon --truth is they have never lived in the US. Some say they live in the UK but they don't. 

I have talked to 100s of these people. One man sent me pictures of a man in the hospital. He wanted me to print them and take them to churches asking for money for his manager's operation. Then I was suppose to send the money Western Union.

Their English is terrible until I bust them by letting them know I am onto their game then they have no problem with the f ---word. One did type in bitc  I told him I didn't know that word so he spelled it out completely. One threatened to mess with my IP and another threatened to kill me. They had no information so it was a scare tactic.

They use pictures they copy and they are not that person. They lie about everything. One was stupid enough to give me his myspace.com site.  He thought I would believe him more if he did that. 

There were women on there who believed it all. I contacted a couple of women to warn them on there and he was doing the same thing to them. He would send  a message saying he loved them. He  swore he lived in FL and gave me an address.

He wanted me to send money to an orphanage in Nigeria that he said he supports.  He gave me all the information and the "owner" of the orphanage had the same last name. 

He got mad when I didn't send the money.  Later he wanted me to send him $7-8,000 so he could buy "electronics" for his business.

I never contact a stranger  on yahoo messenger. They contact me. It makes me sad to know there are women who believe these lies and are taken advantage of by these people. We had one in TN named Mary Winkler who was scammed too. I think it cost her $17,000.

When you put them on ignore,  you have to use the name in the (  ) or they won't be blocked.  I still have some who have contacted me after I have put them on ignore so that doesn't always work. A couple pretended they were women to get me to give information.  One did admit the pic sent to me was of his sister. 

I do have a life other than this and have yahoo messenger shut down so they will leave me alone  for awhile. Go to google.com and type in scammers and you will see a lot of information there. 

September 26, 2006, 7:20 am CDT

Tried to Scam Me but CAUGHT YOU!!!

I received a message from a handsome guy in Manhattan, NY. He said, "Your the One!!! I love your eyes, again "Your the one."Instant love for you. He suggested I go to Yahoo Chat to instant message, so I did. I used another name(for safety). We when on and on in poetry like phrases to each other. I remained cautious but I have to admit I was having fun. Yes, I gave hi my limited address next I received 12 red roses long stem with these wild greens and a large box of expensive chocolates and a Teddy Bear., 3 ballons one with I love you and one with a smile and a mauve one. I had mised feelings. Now remember he contacted me through a system for the deaf called IP-Relay. He would call and say go on line. We did and it would continue with all this poetice love emotions and desires nothing obsence. He then said he had sad news that he had to go to GHANA< AFRICA and had to leave in the morning and would not be back for a month and would stop to see me on the way back. Would I stay with him. I said yes. Then when he supposedly got there he called me thru IP-Relay to go on line and instant messaged me that he needed some items asap. He was very specific and how he wanted them sent. He downloadr=ed exactly what he wanted. It was about 500.00 dollars worth of clothing, boots, 10 polo shirts, and colon, and a DVD( very specific to what kind. Well, I took this with a grain of sand. I told him/they that I had trouble sending them and he got frustrated and "sad," I di not hear from him for about 3 days I emailed him the I would do it exactly like he said, but I  lied. He wanted thses things sent to a Box number in Accra, Ghana. I told him no onw would let me sent it to a box number. He insisted on it going USPO service-they will send to a box number. At the same time I felt something fishy so I went back to his site on Match.com IT WAS A DIFFERENT GUY!!!!!! Nothing even like him!!!! My body quivered, I felt chills. I went into Accra, Ghana on the internet and a few people shared there visit there. I got hold of a lovely married woman who she and her family had livein Ghana for 2 yrs. and I told her my story. She said ther are alotof scams into Accra, GHana now. It happened to her. She said BE CAREFUL!!! So, I sent one shirt. This Mark(they Guy I met) sent me again the same wonderful long stem roses ect. saying he was sorry for the trouble he was causing me. He said did you send the package 2x. I said yes he sould get it in 3-4 days. In the mean time I called the Florist to find out what number was called by this Mark SMith, he said the call came out of Los Angeles!!!!!!!! I had the packaged stopped at John F> Kennedy Airport. I received a call fro Security there and they had my package and I would receive it back in am. The guy Inspector I spoke to said this happenes all the time but it is usaually out of Nygeria. He said this is sarey now that it's happening out of Ghana now!!!!!

He said what they do is get the products, sell in to the BLACK MARKET and then the money goes to TERRORISTS for their funds. I played alittle longer with Mark Smith and at 11:30 pm our time on east coast, it would be 2:30am in Ghana and he said he had a terrible accidernt and needs emergency surgery and the doctoes won't do it until he pays $5500.00 and he only has

2,000. I asked him if he was paralyzed and he said yes. Now How could he be typing to me in a crital unit at 2:30am in his bed and he is paralyzed???? I played along and said I did not have that type of money available now and I would contact his job, family etc. and he said said no family and self-emplyed and has bad credit. His salary range in profile said he made over 100,000. I said Mark Your piciture on your profile is a different man and then I disconnected.

He tried to contact me 17 times at 4:30am his time whil in the hospital and in critical condition. Ya, right. I did not ansewr the calls and notified Match.com of scam and emailed them with examples of Marks instant messages he wrote me and the download of items he wanted.

I notified IP-Relay of the scam andt  that this guy/group is abusing your system.

I notified local police and wrote toChannel 6 and 3.

Again the flowers were ordered put f LOS Angeles.

What a sam but I caught him, I instant messaged him that the FBI has been monitoring his sight among others and watching the behavior and that I was contacted to play along until we could catch the real group. I neve heard from him and he never call again.

"

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last