Message Boards

Topic : 09/29 Wedding Dos and Don'ts

Number of Replies: 116
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 22, 2006, 12:25:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Planning the wedding of your dreams can quickly turn into a nightmare. What is supposed to be a bonding experience between moms and daughters often turns into a battleground over everything from money to cake! Kristina and her mom, Cheri, know this all too well. Kristina says her mom’s lies are tearing their relationship apart, and if things don't change, she's uninviting her to the wedding! Will Cheri learn honesty is the best policy, and walk beside her daughter down the aisle? Then, get a front-row seat and behind-the-scenes look at the most special day in Dr. Phil and Robin's life: Jay's wedding. See the preparation, the ceremony and the huge celebration. Plus, the surprise gift of a lifetime from Jay's younger brother, Jordan, and the unique ideas that made this day one the McGraw's will treasure forever. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 16, 2006, 8:31 am CDT

09/29 Wedding Dos and Don'ts

Quote From: gator7

What a wonderful wedding!  What I noticed, above all, was the graciousness demonstrated by the mother-of-the-bride.  The nation got a glimpse of what she endured. 

The nation got a glimpse of the mother of the bride visually but how can you she demonstrated graciousness when she was hardly shown at all?

October 16, 2006, 12:04 pm CDT

Quote From: lreheard

Sorry, I don't agree with you. If the bride's parents didn't want to be on TV or involved in their daughter's wedding I would think that a psychiatrist could find a way to get that across to his viewers. From all appearances, it seems that the bride's parents were just excluded from the preparations. 
Why is it the viewers' business if the bride's parents didn't want to be on TV?? My mother is on the shy side, and she would not have enjoyed being showcased on TV, and she would have been MORTIFIED if there had been an explanation given to America for that. How they planned their wedding, and who got to be on TV is simply not our business....we have NO stake in the matter, or as Dr. Phil would say, "no dog in the fight."

October 29, 2006, 6:30 pm CST

Award winning mother-in-law: Robin...

After reading all of these messages I just wanted to say something. I'm a Bride-to-be and in about 2 months i will be married. I think it's horrible for people to be blaming Robin for what we saw of Jay and Erica's wedding. I thought the wedding was BEAUTIFUL, and that everything seemed flawless. Robin was just being a mother to her new daughter, and I bet the mother didn't even notice it. She does have other siblings you know, and unless one of the other girls marries Jordan, then the brides family will be paying and doing all of that. Robin is a wonderful mother, and its easy to see.  : ] I would love to have in-laws that took care of my life already being family. My soon to be in-laws are more like the ones getting help on the show rather then running it. 

December 21, 2006, 4:47 pm CST

reasons for marriage

i agree that the marriage is the most important aspect; however, the sentimental value of the ceremony is also important.  it's one of the biggest events in a person's life and to miss out on it is devastating.  i am stating this because i just had a courthouse wedding and have regretted it ever since.  i did not have the means to anything else and i would go back and change that in a heartbeat if i could.  i think those who get so bent out of shape over every LITTLE detail needs to be grateful for the wedding that they are about to partake in as not everyone has it so easy. 

January 17, 2007, 9:34 am CST

If the couple EVER complains about media intrusion into their private lives, I will not be sympathethic. Jay and Erica opened their private lives to the world; a couple cannot invite the world to participate in the most intimate day of their lives and then expect the media to later respect their privacy. By airing the footage of the most intimate day of their lives, they participated in a form of reality TV. When one does this, the right to complain about invasion of privacy is forfeited. 

April 2, 2007, 8:59 am CDT

Quote From: julie1418

Why is it the viewers' business if the bride's parents didn't want to be on TV?? My mother is on the shy side, and she would not have enjoyed being showcased on TV, and she would have been MORTIFIED if there had been an explanation given to America for that. How they planned their wedding, and who got to be on TV is simply not our business....we have NO stake in the matter, or as Dr. Phil would say, "no dog in the fight."
I'm sorry but I disagree.  I think if there is a story they have on their show then it's up for questions if things seem to be missing.  I also think there's a huge difference between being "showcased on TV" and having no one even mention that you were present at the wedding of your child.   A mere mention "the brides mother was lovely in a gown designed by......"  To mention everyone BUT the parents of the bride makes it sound as though she didn't have any & I think 1 poster asked that very question & that's why they though Dr. Phil was serious about his comment to "adopt her".  It's direspectufl to not even mention the mother of the bride. 

First | Prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next Page | Last Page