Message Boards

Topic : True Love

Number of Replies: 1117
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:04:36 pm
Author : dataimport
Do you believe in true love? How about love at first sight? Is it possible to cheat on someone you love? Can true love die? Tell us what you think!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 2, 2005, 1:19 pm CDT

prayer is the answer

Quote From: ykz_pilot

Before you married him, did he demonstrate the role of the spiritual head of the family? 

Do you pray together?   

Do either of you pray with your children, or teach them the importance of prayer, or how to pray? 

Are you teaching your children about the importance of their souls and their eternal life?  

Life here is but a short time ... eternity lasts forever.  Make it a priority!   

Keep the main thing the main thing! 

I know that prayer is the answer and before we married we were both deeply involved in church.  He even told me that he had been called to preach.  Then after we got married we stopped going to church together and now if i go i go alone.  I could never get him to get the kids involved in going to church with us--he kept saying he was going to make them start going, but he never did. I asked them to go a couple of times, but they never would.  I talk to them as much as possible about praying and living right, but that's about it.  I had asked my husband to start praying together as a family, but nothing never happens.  I have to be real careful about pushing any issue too hard because i am always being accused of nagging about everything.   

September 4, 2005, 6:49 am CDT

True love

O yes, I believe in true love, I'am married for 18 years now, and we still love eachother so much, we share everything, talk about everything, the good and bad feelings, that is a marriage and what is important too.....listen to what the other person has to tell.  

September 8, 2005, 8:49 pm CDT

true love

I have been married for 22 years and we have been seperated for the past 2 years I had a stroke in february of this year and am doing fine my wife and kids flew down to Florida  to be with me in intensive care once out of the woods they left to go home to Philadelphia after I was released from the hospital I returned to my home my wife called and told me of a house that she and our daughter felt would be perfect for me after a few moments of discussion she asked what I thought I told her I wanted to return to the Philadelphia area and that the house sounded great she then informed me that she had purchased the house for me it is located 2 blocks from her now neither her nor I have dated or otherwise since our seperation (2 years) now I am proud of the fact that I have been faithful totaly to my marriage vows and that will not change what is difficult is the fact that we are not together but I know that we have a true love am I wrong??

September 11, 2005, 4:59 pm CDT

Is This Love?

My husband and I have only been married for a little over a year.  we have son who will be one year old next month.  I thought that what we had something real.  But for the past few months things have not been great.  infact i would say that things have gotten to the point that I would rather not be around him so much.  Whenever he would go out with his friends or take over night trips, I would say go and have a good time.  for 2 years i have sit at home and would only go out with him.  Now I am starting to go out with my friends, working, and having a life.  I thought things were fine, he was getting to do what he wanted and I wasn't saying a word to him.  And about once a month i would go with my friends, which meant he would have to stay at home with our son.  For the past three months everytime we get is a disagreement, he is the first to say, this is over and it isn't going to work.  I suggested that we go see someone, get some help and save our marriage before our fighting ruined it.  he said that he was not going to do that.  I don't know what to do, I really do not want to break up my family, because I want a family and I want my son to have both of his parents there every day.  I am starting to feel that maybe divorce is the only answer but I am just scared that I will be viewed as a failure and that if we did get a divorce it may be the wrong answer.  In short, I am just really confused.  I do things one way and he isn't happy then i do things a different way and he is still not happy.  I just really need someone to just help me get things straight and really, just to help me out.  No one in my family has really offered any advice, they tell me that it is my problem and to deal with it.  

September 12, 2005, 5:44 pm CDT

Your asking?

Quote From: mfk9353

I have been married for 22 years and we have been seperated for the past 2 years I had a stroke in february of this year and am doing fine my wife and kids flew down to Florida  to be with me in intensive care once out of the woods they left to go home to Philadelphia after I was released from the hospital I returned to my home my wife called and told me of a house that she and our daughter felt would be perfect for me after a few moments of discussion she asked what I thought I told her I wanted to return to the Philadelphia area and that the house sounded great she then informed me that she had purchased the house for me it is located 2 blocks from her now neither her nor I have dated or otherwise since our seperation (2 years) now I am proud of the fact that I have been faithful totaly to my marriage vows and that will not change what is difficult is the fact that we are not together but I know that we have a true love am I wrong??
 Your wife sounds like a concerned spouse. And it sounds like you have remained faithful during the separation. I think maybe I'm not the only one wondering why you two separated to begin with? However, that's none of my business. Yes, it sounds like love, but whatever reasons you have for remaining in different households probably hasn't been resolved by the separation. Some people care and have a need for each other, but can't stay together. This is not the traditional interpretation of love between spouses. If you two are happy and content with this arrangement, you are not wrong.

September 12, 2005, 7:47 pm CDT

True Love- with complications

Ok So I have been with my fiancee a total of three years.  We both love each other and usually things flow smooth.  I know we are meant to be together. 
Unfortunately his best friend and his mother don't think so.  She has said he isn't allowed to get married until after college- she is paying for his education.

His best friend- who I will be meeting for the first time in about two weeks- confessed her love to him last December, regardless of him being in a relationship with me.  He couldn't understand why I didn't take it well?!?!  He even felt guilty for telling her we were engaged, he was upset about it.  He didn't realise until I told him how hurt that made me.
I know I shouldn't be jealous and I know we are meant to be but does it always have to be so complicated?!?!?!?

September 13, 2005, 10:12 am CDT

first love at 35

i love someone so deeply,  he won't keep a job !  i love him so completey,  he gets someone else pregnant  !   i leave him alone,  but thought of him constantly for over two years.  i traded my true love for a loveless working man who i can trust , a/k/a my husband.  he is a good man,  there is no passion,  no affection,  no love.   like living with your brother,  you love him but are not in love .   is it right to go through life choosing security over love ? 

September 13, 2005, 11:52 am CDT

SO LONELY

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 30 YRS AND IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART AND ONLY MAN I HAVE EVER BEEN WITH (LITERALLY) BUT IN THE PAST 5 YRS THE LOVE THAT WAS ONCE STRONG IS NOW GONE I LOVE HIM BUT NOT IN LOVE WITH HIM EVER HEARD THE SAYING I LOVE HIM BUT DON'T LIKE HIM WELL THATS ME !!!!!! I HAVE TRYED EVERYTHING TO GET THE SPARK BACK WITH NO LUCK WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING IN COMMON ANYMORE NO COMMUNICATION ALMOST NO SEX ONLY CAUSE WE HAVE TO EVERY SO OFTEN (ONLY TO FULFIL HIS NEEDS) PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 13, 2005, 12:04 pm CDT

CONFUSED

Quote From: carleysmil

i love someone so deeply,  he won't keep a job !  i love him so completey,  he gets someone else pregnant  !   i leave him alone,  but thought of him constantly for over two years.  i traded my true love for a loveless working man who i can trust , a/k/a my husband.  he is a good man,  there is no passion,  no affection,  no love.   like living with your brother,  you love him but are not in love .   is it right to go through life choosing security over love ? 

HELLO 

IF U WANT MY OPINION I THINK U SHOULD BE HAPPY  I MEAN WHAT IS LIFE WITHOUT HAPPINESS THATS SORTA WHAT IM GOING THROUGH IM HAPPILY MARRIED BUT NOT HAPPY AND IM MISERABLE I HAVE A GOOD HUSBAND HE WORKS EVERYDAY COMES HOME TO ME EVERY NIGHT BUT SOMETHING IS MISSING ?????? IM STILL NOT HAPPY 

September 21, 2005, 8:40 am CDT

True Love

Quote From: lonelylady

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 30 YRS AND IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART AND ONLY MAN I HAVE EVER BEEN WITH (LITERALLY) BUT IN THE PAST 5 YRS THE LOVE THAT WAS ONCE STRONG IS NOW GONE I LOVE HIM BUT NOT IN LOVE WITH HIM EVER HEARD THE SAYING I LOVE HIM BUT DON'T LIKE HIM WELL THATS ME !!!!!! I HAVE TRYED EVERYTHING TO GET THE SPARK BACK WITH NO LUCK WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING IN COMMON ANYMORE NO COMMUNICATION ALMOST NO SEX ONLY CAUSE WE HAVE TO EVERY SO OFTEN (ONLY TO FULFIL HIS NEEDS) PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should ask your husband if he'd do you a big favor. Tell him that you need his support because you are feeling unhappy in your marriage. Ask him if he will attend marriage therapy classes with you. Some men get freaked out by this so make it sound like you need his help and be very gentle about it. He will not go if he feels like he is being accused of something.  

You used to be in love. Love is like a flower. Without water and sunlight it fades and sometimes dies. Alot of flowers CAN be brought back to life. It doesnt sound like you hate your husband. You are just missing that spark. See if he agrees and if he'd like to get it back. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last