Message Boards

Topic : 10/02 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 3

Number of Replies: 431
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:44:22 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The Dr. Phil House continues with Todd, Jessica and their three sons. This couple's marriage had become unhealthy, with restraining orders, physical fights and ugly accusations in front of their kids. Dr. Phil moved their family into The Dr. Phil House, where he could watch them and intervene when their fighting began to escalate. It didn't take long before Dr. Phil was making house calls and showing them how their fighting affects the kids. After coming clean to Dr. Phil, Jessica sits down with Todd and confesses that she has had two affairs during their eight-year marriage. Then, Todd's mother drops in unexpectedly to offer her son some moral support, but Jessica isn't exactly happy to see her. What does Jessica tell Todd that makes him want to throw in the towel, and makes her mother-in-law say, "I will bury her"? Then, Todd gets on the phone with the other man. Share your thoughts on this episode here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 2, 2006, 8:59 am CDT

HERE WE GO!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to todays show, I'm very anxious to see how Jessica goes about telling him and how he reacts to her.  I will stand by my comment from last week, I think she's looking for an easy out, she does not want to be married to him anymore and she's hoping that HE will end the marriage now so she doesn't have to be the bad guy.  Poor Jessica the victim, thats all we have heard on the last 2 episodes, and to tell you the truth I'm tired of hearing the both of them go at it, just end the marriage already.  Move another couple in the house.

October 2, 2006, 9:02 am CDT

10/02 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 3

Quote From: chilli67

Too bad they dont have a nauseus smiley on here-cuz this woman makes me sick! Jessica plays the victim real well, but it's clear she has driven her husband to the brink of sanity. I know what it's like to just *know* something in my heart, only to be told over and over that my perceptions are warped, my judgement is skewed, etc. Turns out, this husband was exactly right about his wife cheating on him,and I hope that with vindication comes his return to sanity. I find people who lie to be cowards who lack character. This woman is nothing but an abusive manipulator-who treats her stepson like garbage! How come NOBODY has confronted this woman on her physical violence toward this boy?? She should be locked up for assault!

I hope the husband kicks her to the curb, he deserves SOOOOO much better-and so do those kids!!!!

I agree with you 100%.Todd may blow up,which I know is not right,but he cannot get a truthful answer from Jessica.She does not want to fix this marriage.If she did,she would have told the other man it was over.I knew from the first show she was having an affair.I think Todd really loves her,but he does deserve better than what he has.She is just keeping him on a string.It's obvious she does not love her step son,and what she said today was all lies.She is sorry only because she was confronted with the way she treats him.My heart goes out to all the kids,but it breaks my heart to see her treat him that way.I don't know where his mom is,but he nor the other two should have to live with that.Todd,,,,,do like your mom said,cut your losses and moved on.She has cheated twice,,she will do it agan.

October 2, 2006, 9:10 am CDT

Poor Kids

TOO BAD FOR THESE KIDS.  I THINK I GET A LITTLE OVERBOARD SOMETIMES, BUT HOLY CRAP!  GO, DR PHIL, GO.  THE PARENTS ABSOLUTELY NEED TO FIX THEMSELVES BEFORE THEY CAN BE DECENT, LET ALONE, GOOD PARENTS!

October 2, 2006, 9:26 am CDT

Dr. Phil I wish I could have your help

Dr. Phil & Robin,

I am very thankful for all of your encouragement and advice. You have helped me in many ways. The one person I wish you could also help is my husband. We have been married for 14 yrs. A real romance at first. He is a meth addict and is terminally ill. Our son won't speak to him and is very angry which he has ever right to be. I love this man and wish for help for him. He has not ever been in detox and I am hoping to get him there. he is waiting in jail right now and may go to prison for many yrs.

My son and I am trying to survive and we will. I know I am learning every day to be successful without a man. I just know that I love my husband and wish the best for him. I know he wants to not be this way.

Thank you Dr. Phil,
Sincerely,
Ali

October 2, 2006, 9:29 am CDT

I agree also

Quote From: hbeach4me

I agree with you 100%.Todd may blow up,which I know is not right,but he cannot get a truthful answer from Jessica.She does not want to fix this marriage.If she did,she would have told the other man it was over.I knew from the first show she was having an affair.I think Todd really loves her,but he does deserve better than what he has.She is just keeping him on a string.It's obvious she does not love her step son,and what she said today was all lies.She is sorry only because she was confronted with the way she treats him.My heart goes out to all the kids,but it breaks my heart to see her treat him that way.I don't know where his mom is,but he nor the other two should have to live with that.Todd,,,,,do like your mom said,cut your losses and moved on.She has cheated twice,,she will do it agan.
 The son deserves better and so does the husband. i hope he hears our words and leaves her. She is using him. How sad to lie and cheat on another person you vowed to spend your life with. That is the problem with people now a days, they are stupid and selfish and don't understand that what they do will come back to them really bad.

This lady is going to lose.

STOP HURTING THAT CHILD. YOU NEED HELP. IF I WERE THE HUSBAND I WOULD MAKE HER STOP HURTING MY CHILD.

October 2, 2006, 9:54 am CDT

Sorry

Dr. Phil...I am sorry but I have just Had it with this woman...she needs to get a grip and in the meantime he needs to take his children and divorce her. She is not capable at this time to be honest with herself so she is not able to be honest with anyone else. This marriage is over and only a fool would want to stay in it.

October 2, 2006, 9:55 am CDT

what happened on the show today

I was realy upset with her lieing and making the child feeling very useless and they have no idea what she is doing to her kids by doing this.  A husband is the most inmportant thing in your live. I cheerish my fieance very dearly. He treats me like i have never been treated before. he does not but me down he buts me on cloud nine.  I think she needs to go to thearpy and have a devorice and have the inocent childern in the middle. It does have an effective on them.

tina copeland

October 2, 2006, 10:01 am CDT

dis honest

I believe the wife wanted to play because she was getting bored with her marriage. She found some excitment in a guy that gave her some attention that she was looking for. I put most of the blame on the wife but it takes both sides. I couldn't hardly watch this one. There was alot of dishonestly and trust broken in this marriage.

October 2, 2006, 10:02 am CDT

Jessica and Todd

I am embarrassed for Jessica's behavior.  She is not capable of "reaching out" to love and embrace her sons or Todd, because she can only nurture herself.  She is completely self-absorbed in her own wants and desires and isn't capable of ever loving another person as much as she apparently loves herself.  What a pity!   Todd and the children must move on and try to build healthy relationships without Jessica!   She can only hurt all of them, as she has done in the past and is indicating by her behavior that she will do again in the future.

October 2, 2006, 10:06 am CDT

the children

Quote From: powers009

Jessica is a lier and a faker. She relishes the attention she is getting from these two men. She is using her husband and her boyfriend. I feel sorry for the children they have no choice in this matter and are being dragged through a very dysfunctional relationship. Todd should wake up and get control for his kids sake. Before it is too late.
I feel for the children who are going though this with their parents. All of the trust has been broken and there is nothing that will fix this. I believe the wife enjoys her thrills with other men. I pray for the children and hope for the best for them.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last