Message Boards

Topic : 10/02 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 3

Number of Replies: 431
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:44:22 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The Dr. Phil House continues with Todd, Jessica and their three sons. This couple's marriage had become unhealthy, with restraining orders, physical fights and ugly accusations in front of their kids. Dr. Phil moved their family into The Dr. Phil House, where he could watch them and intervene when their fighting began to escalate. It didn't take long before Dr. Phil was making house calls and showing them how their fighting affects the kids. After coming clean to Dr. Phil, Jessica sits down with Todd and confesses that she has had two affairs during their eight-year marriage. Then, Todd's mother drops in unexpectedly to offer her son some moral support, but Jessica isn't exactly happy to see her. What does Jessica tell Todd that makes him want to throw in the towel, and makes her mother-in-law say, "I will bury her"? Then, Todd gets on the phone with the other man. Share your thoughts on this episode here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 2, 2006, 10:14 am CDT

It is beyond repair

This marriage is over and I think it is for the best - what they are doing to those boys is outrageous.  He still cares for her but he can never trust her so why put himself through that.  They were cheaters when they met - she has had 2 affairs - although I am not sure that is all her fault - he follows and questions her like a bulldog - that is not going to change.  The boys should probably stay with the father although he needs to work on his parenting skills and not continuing berating her to them after all children see themselves as part of their parents so if their parents are bad an unworthy well then they are too.  Don't try to keep this going Dr. Phil - it is a sunk ship.

October 2, 2006, 10:16 am CDT

Help the children

Please Dr Phil HELP THE CHILDREN  Both of the so called adults in this family need to be separated & need to get help separately to try to become human before the children are totally destroyed.  These two would NOT accept being treated like they are treating their children & each other from an outside source so WHY are they doing to each other & especially the children.

Help the children and send the other two to their corners till the bell rings then let both of them lose.

October 2, 2006, 10:17 am CDT

10/02 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 3

This woman should not be in any type of relationship until she can get her act together.  All she is thinking about is herself and hurting the rest.  What does she think this is doing to the future relationships her sons will have?  (Is the only think that is viewable the video diaries)

October 2, 2006, 10:28 am CDT

Work It Out

I want to encourage you to work out your problems and also get help for the kids.  I was in a mentally abusive marriage and we almost divorced.  18 Years ago I was suicidal and elopemental and ended up in the hospital.  It was New Years Eve and I felt nothing would change and I did not want to go on for another year.  Fortuneately a two-week stay in the hospital with lots of therapy saved my life and my marriage.  After I got out of the hospital I went through therapy for approximately 9 mos before I asked my husband to join me.  We really worked on our marriage.  I think a lot of people think therapy in itself is a cure but it takes hard work on both sides.  You have to really want to do it.  We did not realize that my son who was still living with us (12yrs at the time) and daughter who was getting married in the year coming should have had therapy also.  Today my 26 year old son is an alcoholic (my husband is a recovering alcoholic) and drug addict and my daughter and her husband are in the process of divorcing after 12 years of marriage.  She married someone controlling and who always placed himself and his mother first. Her depression has been horrible and she almost lost her life due to overmedication by her physician.  They have two children 8 and 4.  The 4 year old is suffering a lot from separation anxiety and the 8 year old holds things in.  Praise God, my daughter is getting therapeutic help for the kids.  I think she needs therapeutic help so she doesn't remarry someone like her first husband.  Unforturneately, they are set on divorcing.  They both feel it is too late to turn back - I wish they would work on healing their marriage and reuniting.  I wouldn't like to see them go back to the way it was, though and never change.  I don't think my daughter would survive it and the children would still suffer.  Please work toward keeping your marriage together.  My husband and I are glad we did.  Please make sure the kids get help - We wish we had known our kids needed it too.  Our relationship with Christ has been the super glue to the marriage.  My husband  was saved a couple years after we started working on our relationship.  Now we are one in flesh and in spirit.  I must say, in husbands - I think mine is now the best!

October 2, 2006, 10:45 am CDT

Any advice anyone has would be very helpfull

Hi,

I'm 20 and my fiance and I are trying to get me pregnant again. We succeeded last christmas but I miscarried 2 mths in. We are financially secure, we have a great home and we are ready to have a child.We have been trying for the past 3 mths but no success. I'm thinking about going to buy one of those things that tell you how fertile you are but I'm wondering if that would help. Has anyone tryed it and had success? Any advice you have we would be willing to try so please respond to my message board or email me at c.m.l.b123@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

October 2, 2006, 10:53 am CDT

Jessica

I know this show is too painful and disgusting for many people to watch. Did anybody else catch Jessica whining "people expect me to get up at 7 and fix breakfast for the kids"? That's something a loving, caring mother would do. Guess she's too busy primping.

Companies should consider this: a person of such low character who would cheat on a marriage will cheat anyone, including the company.

Todd doesn't have to ask Jessica for the details - did you see how proud and trimphant she was to say "Dr. Phil said not to tell details" - all he has to do is ask at work or around town. Everybody knows. His mom said, "Love is blind but the neighbors aren't". There are plenty of people to fill him in, like it or not.

Final thought, I haven't paid attention to find out if the middle son is one she brought into the marriage, but the expression on his face tells me Todd is not his father. I don't know if Todd is strong enough to hear DNA results on his children.

October 2, 2006, 11:07 am CDT

Jessica and Todd

How I see it

Jessica is the prime source of this family's problems. She wants to control the situation without being responsible for her actions or the outcome of her decisions. It infuriates Todd when she plays her game and she absorbs the attention. More then that she thrives on his reactions. She needs to get real and get a life.

Todd, though I do not believe he is the source of the trouble, has the problem of how to get the information he wants without fueling her desire for the dramatic that she thrives on.

If Todd could find a different way to approach the situations that come up, it would defuse her need, there by either she would have to get real, or move on. Give her a different type of attention, one that is calm, and to the point. Do not let the emotions get the best of the situation, it fuels her. Throw a loop in the middle of their fights. every time she downgrades him, he needs to give her a compliment, and stand by it. Even some thing so simple can disrupt the escalating intensity of the arguement.

I think he will find her at a loss for words, The kids will see someone taking charge to make a change. They need that more then ever. Take charge Todd!!!!! its time!....

October 2, 2006, 11:07 am CDT

Just a little advice

Quote From: chadaron23

Hi,

I'm 20 and my fiance and I are trying to get me pregnant again. We succeeded last christmas but I miscarried 2 mths in. We are financially secure, we have a great home and we are ready to have a child.We have been trying for the past 3 mths but no success. I'm thinking about going to buy one of those things that tell you how fertile you are but I'm wondering if that would help. Has anyone tryed it and had success? Any advice you have we would be willing to try so please respond to my message board or email me at c.m.l.b123@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

You've probably heard this before, but relax. Stress may be causing you not to conceive. Another thing, I have watched many of my friends think they couldn't get pregnant, and then when we all got to be 25 yrs old or so - suddenly everybody got pregnant!! The human body is not even fully mature until the mid-20's. So, just relax, get healthy, get ready.

October 2, 2006, 11:19 am CDT

Too Painful to watch

Quote From: flthomcat

Can't bring myself to watch this one! Too much dishonestly, dysfuction, anger and hostility (along with the kids' sadness) to sit and watch. It HURTS TO WATCH!

May Dr. Phil have some luck with this family for the sake of the kids. How cruel some of us parents are to involve our innocent children in our messed up lives! Sad...sad...sad....

I agree, I have turned this one off. I cannot see  or even read about those children living in that house. It makes me cry.

October 2, 2006, 11:24 am CDT

My kid

If my husband ever laid a hand on my daughter (his step-daughter) I would leave no questions asked. I would hope that if I was ever insane enough to lay a hand on my step-daughter he would leave. Why is Todd still with Jessica after she hurt his kid? It is his duty as a father to protect that kid no matter what. What the hell is he thinking?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last