Message Boards

Topic : 10/02 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 3

Number of Replies: 431
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:44:22 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The Dr. Phil House continues with Todd, Jessica and their three sons. This couple's marriage had become unhealthy, with restraining orders, physical fights and ugly accusations in front of their kids. Dr. Phil moved their family into The Dr. Phil House, where he could watch them and intervene when their fighting began to escalate. It didn't take long before Dr. Phil was making house calls and showing them how their fighting affects the kids. After coming clean to Dr. Phil, Jessica sits down with Todd and confesses that she has had two affairs during their eight-year marriage. Then, Todd's mother drops in unexpectedly to offer her son some moral support, but Jessica isn't exactly happy to see her. What does Jessica tell Todd that makes him want to throw in the towel, and makes her mother-in-law say, "I will bury her"? Then, Todd gets on the phone with the other man. Share your thoughts on this episode here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 2, 2006, 12:12 pm CDT

I think they should divorce!

My parents fought all the time when I was a kid and it damaged me emotionally to this day!!!  I used to be jealous when one of my friends said "my parents are getting divorced".  I wished that mine were!!!!  They are still together and still miserable!!!  What kind of life is that?  I would never expose my children to that!!

October 2, 2006, 12:14 pm CDT

hopeless

I dont think that the husband should do anything more than file the divorce papers. His wife obviously does not want to be in a marriage or else she wouldnt have cheated. He is so worried about being angry at the other man, he should be angry at his wife...it takes two. I dont think that the children would be better off in that two parent house. I think staying together for the kids would be a bad idea, it usually ends up worse. The kids deserve a happy family. If that means a happy single dad and a happy single mom then so be it. They dont need to be subjected to the fighting any longer!

October 2, 2006, 12:27 pm CDT

Why are the kids not being addressed

These  (so called) adults need help but I need to see what the children are getting in regards to help. Not after the  parents get it together, NOW.

October 2, 2006, 12:30 pm CDT

Jessica

Jessica does not want to loose control lol. Jessica needs to get a grip.

October 2, 2006, 12:38 pm CDT

Jessica, Jessica, Jessica

You got your 15 minutes of fame....PLEASE JUST GO HOME!

October 2, 2006, 12:41 pm CDT

get a divorce

I am not one to throw in the towel but in this case...I see that as the most adult decision this couple  could make. What kind of examples are they setting for those unfortunate kids? The parents have too many emotional problems of their own to be good, or even at best "ok" parents. Who hasn't made mistakes but to continually make the same ones......please!!  They should split, get counseling for the children first and foremost, themselves, and try to salvage some kind of relationship that maybe they can all grow from.        

October 2, 2006, 12:42 pm CDT

What was Dr phil thinking???

I have one question....what was dr phil thinking.....why would he bring someone into the already tense situation by bringing in more tension. Has he not always told us that relationships are between the couples and in laws are extended family...I just dont understand what bussiness the mother in law has there.  It certainly isnt helping Jessica  feel open and able to start " fixing" the problem.  She immediatly disengaged the moment the mother in law walked in....i can see her being support for her son but i dont think its a good thing she is there. so dr phil......WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?????

October 2, 2006, 12:46 pm CDT

Jessica reminds me of

my own sister and I hate her with a passion too. Jessica and my sister both deserve severe pain.

October 2, 2006, 12:49 pm CDT

Jessica and Todd

Dr. Phill, I cannot believe that you are puuting up with these two individuals, especially Jessica. All you need to do is to watch her eyes and face to know that she is just saying what she knows people want to hear. It's my firm belief that she does not mean a word that she says. She wants out of thge marriage and away from the children.  She's quite cunning and manipulative.

The children are in need of help. Please Dr. Phill, help them or get them help. The marriage is so over and has been. They don't need to stay together for them they need to get a divorce for them.

October 2, 2006, 12:52 pm CDT

Jessica wants the best of both worlds...

Quote From: mo11yt

Jessica does not want to loose control lol. Jessica needs to get a grip.

Jessica is acting likes she wants the best of both worlds... She wants the husband and kids, buts she wants the lover on the side, too.  She wants to have the whole cake (affair) and eat it ,too.  Her husband is fighting to save the marriage, however,  Jessica is fighting to save

the affair and still be married, too! Jessica needs therapy... I hope that Todd will be a role

model for his three sons.  Jessica's cheating is affecting the boys in a very, very negative

way... It's obvious that Jessica does not want to wake up and smell the coffee...

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last