Message Boards

Topic : 10/02 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 3

Number of Replies: 431
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:44:22 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The Dr. Phil House continues with Todd, Jessica and their three sons. This couple's marriage had become unhealthy, with restraining orders, physical fights and ugly accusations in front of their kids. Dr. Phil moved their family into The Dr. Phil House, where he could watch them and intervene when their fighting began to escalate. It didn't take long before Dr. Phil was making house calls and showing them how their fighting affects the kids. After coming clean to Dr. Phil, Jessica sits down with Todd and confesses that she has had two affairs during their eight-year marriage. Then, Todd's mother drops in unexpectedly to offer her son some moral support, but Jessica isn't exactly happy to see her. What does Jessica tell Todd that makes him want to throw in the towel, and makes her mother-in-law say, "I will bury her"? Then, Todd gets on the phone with the other man. Share your thoughts on this episode here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 2, 2006, 12:53 pm CDT

Bad addition

This family has huge problems. Jessica and Todd are both guilty of not parenting very well. Jessica has made a huge mistake looking for connections outside of her marriage.  Jessica and Todd are both too stubborn and only focused on their own issues. 

But how can Todd's mother make anything better?  She is just another fire for them to deal with.   Instead of making Jessica even MORE defensive with her mother-in-law. Both parents need to see that they need put the focus on the emotional health of the children. Rethink the mother-in-law idea - she is not there as a support for the marriage . . .

October 2, 2006, 12:59 pm CDT

The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance

Quote From: mycheriamour

You got your 15 minutes of fame....PLEASE JUST GO HOME!

I agree, Jessica go home.  The mother-in-law has no business in your domestic problems.  Take your son and get a divorce.  You will never find happiness with this man.

October 2, 2006, 1:00 pm CDT

Todd You Know You NEED to Make a change!

I couldn't believe that Jessica just sat there and let her husband continue to go through the pain of hearing the cell phone ring when they both knew it was her lover. Why didn't they change that phone number so that Jessica's lover couldn't contact her any longer.

WHY? BECAUSE JESSICA WANTS HER LOVER CALLING HER.

I think it is disgusting that she tries to hold onto her lover while her husband is fighting for his marriage and family. Todd is a good man. He may have made some mistakes but he's doing what he can to make things right. it's so hard to watch her being so mean to him.

October 2, 2006, 1:00 pm CDT

i wonder why???

i feel that they are trying but bring the inlaw in it was bad and having the husband so angry still he shouldn't beable to talk to her still like that they need to think about themselfs and the kids they need to love themselfs first

October 2, 2006, 1:03 pm CDT

It should be over

Jessica is not in love anymore!!!! She should be honest and end things.  She is very selfish.  I feel sorry for this family.  I pray that they can find peace.  I hope Jessica can get it together and realize her low self esteem is destroying these kids.  He needs to realize she is not in love with you-AT ALL as much as it hurts, move on.  Dr. Phil- please see she is not in love with him.  That is not how you treat one you love. 

Kim

October 2, 2006, 1:06 pm CDT

this family is a disaster

I don't understand how to selfish stubborn people can make it work.  Jessica cares about her self, lives in some kind of fantasy land.  She can't deal with the reality that she needs to tell the other guy it is over and stick to it.  She is making promises to those poor kids and then admitting she never promised to work on the marriage?  Is that not why she is on the show.  I think they need to divorce one another because together they are toxic.

Her husband is excessively angry all the time, and with good reason.  She is a pathelogical liar, cheater, and manipulator.  I don't think they deserve to be in the house at all!  They can't make up their mind, fix it or leave it!  I don't think Jessica should be allowed around the kids, she is a bad influence on her step son and I believe she lied about wanting to fix her relationship with him. 

As far as the mother in law being there, someone needs to tell Jessica like it is from a third point of view because her husband telling her, is not getting through. 

October 2, 2006, 1:07 pm CDT

10/02 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 3

Quote From: hannef1958

Dr. Phill, I cannot believe that you are puuting up with these two individuals, especially Jessica. All you need to do is to watch her eyes and face to know that she is just saying what sheknows people want to hear. It's my firm belief that she does not mean a word that she says. She wants out of thge marriage and away from the children. She's quite cunning and manipulative.

The children are in need of help. Please Dr. Phill, help them or get them help. The marriage is so over and has been. They don't need to stay together for them they need to get a divorce for them.

I agree 100%.

What I find most offensive about Jessica is the fake tears following every confrontation and then forgetting to sound regretful, instead of flippant. What an attitude she has...

October 2, 2006, 1:08 pm CDT

I'm with you!

Quote From: mycheriamour

You got your 15 minutes of fame....PLEASE JUST GO HOME!

I can't even believe Dr. Phil let this one get through?? I saw her manipulation from the start and she doesn't even have any dignity let alone remorse. She doesn't even deserve to have those children and has had more than her 15 mins. of fame and should be kicked to the curb! What a joke. What were you thinking Dr. Phil?? She so deserves  everything that's coming her way!

October 2, 2006, 1:10 pm CDT

the show

I just recently went through the same thing with my parents divorce. He's crazy if he stays with her. She has already proven that she's a lier, even if she "says" she's going to change it won't happen. I feel sorry for the kids,  and shame on the parents for arguing at each other infront of their kids like they're children and not adults.

October 2, 2006, 1:10 pm CDT

mother-in-law

Quote From: purplelilac

This family has huge problems. Jessica and Todd are both guilty of not parenting very well. Jessica has made a huge mistake looking for connections outside of her marriage.  Jessica and Todd are both too stubborn and only focused on their own issues. 

But how can Todd's mother make anything better?  She is just another fire for them to deal with.   Instead of making Jessica even MORE defensive with her mother-in-law. Both parents need to see that they need put the focus on the emotional health of the children. Rethink the mother-in-law idea - she is not there as a support for the marriage . . .

I agree. Having the mother in law jump in the middle of this mess was a very bad idea. Dr. Phil, What were you thinking? Where is Jessicas parents through this whole thing? I think Jessica is begging to get out of the marriage, but she doesn't have  guts or the heart to do it. She feels trapped. All I can say is "GOOD LUCK'  The kids need more help than the parents.  LOVE YOU DR. PHIL AND ROBIN   PAM

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last