Message Boards

Topic : 10/02 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 3

Number of Replies: 431
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:44:22 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The Dr. Phil House continues with Todd, Jessica and their three sons. This couple's marriage had become unhealthy, with restraining orders, physical fights and ugly accusations in front of their kids. Dr. Phil moved their family into The Dr. Phil House, where he could watch them and intervene when their fighting began to escalate. It didn't take long before Dr. Phil was making house calls and showing them how their fighting affects the kids. After coming clean to Dr. Phil, Jessica sits down with Todd and confesses that she has had two affairs during their eight-year marriage. Then, Todd's mother drops in unexpectedly to offer her son some moral support, but Jessica isn't exactly happy to see her. What does Jessica tell Todd that makes him want to throw in the towel, and makes her mother-in-law say, "I will bury her"? Then, Todd gets on the phone with the other man. Share your thoughts on this episode here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 1, 2006, 8:34 pm CDT

Too painful to watch, Dr. Phil

Can't bring myself to watch this one! Too much dishonestly, dysfuction, anger and hostility (along with the kids' sadness) to sit and watch. It HURTS TO WATCH!

May Dr. Phil have some luck with this family for the sake of the kids. How cruel some of us parents are to involve our innocent children in our messed up lives! Sad...sad...sad....

October 2, 2006, 4:23 am CDT

Too painful to watch

Quote From: flthomcat

Can't bring myself to watch this one! Too much dishonestly, dysfuction, anger and hostility (along with the kids' sadness) to sit and watch. It HURTS TO WATCH!

May Dr. Phil have some luck with this family for the sake of the kids. How cruel some of us parents are to involve our innocent children in our messed up lives! Sad...sad...sad....

I agree - can't watch any more of this one.  I question the wisdom of exposing these children to more pain by airing this on national TV.  I wish this couple luck, but don't see how this terribly destructive relationship can ever be 'fixed'.

October 2, 2006, 5:37 am CDT

hard to believe

I've been watching this show and I can't believe that peopledon't see the consequences to their actions... you can't get respect bynot being respectful yourself... this couple needs a reality check, thesame behaviour in any relationship will be causing the same pain aroundthemselves.  In their mind, is that what their children need? Havethey thought about the children?

Best of luck to both Dr. Philand his team for their efforts to show this couple some light and best of luck to the couple in their lives if they don't do anything soon.

It's sad!

October 2, 2006, 6:23 am CDT

mother-in-law introduced

This couple needs the opportunity to work out their problems before introducing more dysfunction into them.  He has just found out she had an affair and now the mother-in-law is introduced in the woman's face.  She is now going to feel more defensive because he has someone in the house on his side.  I think that this will make things worse.  Too early to introduce more players at this point.

October 2, 2006, 7:06 am CDT

Jessica is pathetic

I can't even stomach watching this pathetic liar, Jessica. I saw through her B.S. from day one. I'm glad she humiliated herself on national television, she deserves it. Todd needs to walk away, and never look back, (not that he doesn't have his own issues to contend with...) They should both be required to take parenting classes.

On a  different note, Dr. Phil is awesome!! I hope never to have problems that would warrant an appearance on his show, but if I do, Dr. Phil, here  I come !! He's the best thing that came from the Oprah show...     :o)

Lisa

October 2, 2006, 7:30 am CDT

They need more than Dr Phil

I think this couple needs Christian help.  She claims to be a Christian but Christians don't talk like that.  I think she's really mad at herself for what she & her husband are doing to their family & that's why she blows up.  I have been in somewhat the same position & talked so BAD to my husband & it was really demeaning to my husband & bad for our family.  I went through some things & was mad at myself & blew up at my husband & children.  I needed the Lord & this family does too.  Dr Phil - please help them get some Christian counselling too.

October 2, 2006, 8:09 am CDT

10/02 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 3

Jessica is a lier and a faker. She relishes the attention she is getting from these two men. She is using her husband and her boyfriend. I feel sorry for the children they have no choice in this matter and are being dragged through a very dysfunctional relationship. Todd should wake up and get control for his kids sake. Before it is too late.

October 2, 2006, 8:10 am CDT

Jessica is a lost cause

I am amazed that Dr. Phil has not seen through this woman. She has not the slightest intention of working out her marriage. Her whole attitude from day one was obvious. She does NOT deserve to have a loving husband and family ( regardless of the affairs.) My heart goes out to those boys. I pray that her husband has enough sense to move on and take the children with him. 

Dr. Phil, you are the best thing to happen to not only tv but to this country. With all the garbage going on all over you are a rock of sense and the only hope for so many. Keep up the good work. : ))

October 2, 2006, 8:27 am CDT

10/02 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 3

I feel so bad for the kids, especially Justin. Watching the talk Jessica and Justin had brought tears. No child should live in a home where they feel they are unloved or unwanted. I just hope she meant what she said to him. Both parents say they know it's wrong to fight in front of the kids, hopefully they will learn to save it for later or go to another room and discuss things privately.

October 2, 2006, 8:29 am CDT

Disgusting

Too bad they dont have a nauseus smiley on here-cuz this woman makes me sick! Jessica plays the victim real well, but it's clear she has driven her husband to the brink of sanity. I know what it's like to just *know* something in my heart, only to be told over and over that my perceptions are warped, my judgement is skewed, etc. Turns out, this husband was exactly right about his wife cheating on him,and I hope that with vindication comes his return to sanity. I find people who lie to be cowards who lack character. This woman is nothing but an abusive manipulator-who treats her stepson like garbage! How come NOBODY has confronted this woman on her physical violence toward this boy?? She should be locked up for assault!

I hope the husband kicks her to the curb, he deserves SOOOOO much better-and so do those kids!!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last