Message Boards

Topic : 10/03 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 136
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:45:49 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil has reinforcement today – Robin joins him to answer all your burning questions! They also have special help from several speakers from Women of Faith, a faith-based organization encouraging women of all ages to grow in faith and spiritual maturity. First up are best friends, Barbara and Laurie, who both suffer from agoraphobia. Laurie hates to be in crowded places, and Barbara can’t comfortably leave a five-mile radius of her home. It’s a vicious cycle they’ve been sharing for 16 years. Patsy, a Women of Faith speaker who lost six years of her life to agoraphobia, shares how the women can get over their disorder. Then, Marilyn has been afraid of catching germs since she was in the 6th grade, and even gives her friends latex gloves to wear! What’s behind her fears? And, Jodi wrote to Dr. Phil because she doesn’t trust her husband, Scott’s, ability to fly his homemade helicopter. Scott says his wife needs to be more trusting. What does Dr. Phil think? Plus, a mom who says she never puts herself first wants Robin’s help. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 5, 2006, 9:43 am CDT

10/03 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: purplepenny

True Elffie and also, some people might feel he is a tool of God's.   I don't think Jesus can cure agoraphobia. My uncle has a social anxiety disorder and he believes in Jesus. He knows he has to do therapy and take his meds to help him with this disorder. He personally believes that these are tools of God's to help him over come his problems.
I feel sorry for your uncle. that has to be terrible to live with.  I used to have panic attacks and would feel how those ladies did on the show.  I know how hard it is. 

October 5, 2006, 10:07 am CDT

Quote From: elffie

I feel sorry for your uncle. that has to be terrible to live with.  I used to have panic attacks and would feel how those ladies did on the show.  I know how hard it is. 
He's had it hard, but he's doing really well now.  He is fully functioning and totally healthy now and he teaches elderly people how to use computers in his spare time...cool huh?

October 5, 2006, 10:27 am CDT

vdelaluz-you don't realize the situation you are in

Quote From: soldout4god

vdelaluz,  i just lost everything i just wrote to you. I would like to chat with you more maybe you can e-mail me...jimlaurenflem@coastalnow.net

Dear vdelaluz,

I was reading you post and have to tell you that i feel you are in a unsafe situation. My ex's girlfriend got ex's secretary to attack me. It was a sad situation because the person they manipulated to hurt me had her own emotional problems. It is amazing how these men think they can tell lies to other women enticing them to act in physically harmful manners. Unfortunately at this moment my ex still believes that telling lies to other people in this small town enticing inapropriate comments  and harmful behavior from others towards me is still hurting me after the divorce. Get your head in the game for your safety and your childrens.You should set you foot down now and put a restraining order against the other women and make it clear that  behavior is unacceptable. I say this because if he continues the relationship your children may be around her and she needs to know there is a certain level of adult behavior required to be in the presence of your kids. Having grown up with an alcoholic parent myself i really feel for you. I now see the years we spent with an alcoholic parent did a lot of damage. It takes a lot of faith in God and a lifetime to overcome the obstacles created by an alcoholic parent.Their actions can be so destructive to kids. Protect your own and set limits on his behavior as part of your divorce agreement if at all possible.

October 5, 2006, 12:25 pm CDT

Panic Attacks & Agoraphobia

DR. PHIL,

I have had Panic Attacks, Anxiety, & Agoraphobia for most of my life. I am 42 years old. There are times when I am house bound & times when I can get out. I have heard of the Thyroid test, which my doctor checks regularly. I have never heard of the Copper test or testing for Allergies. Is the Copper test just a blood test ??  Is the Allergy test just going to an Allergy doctor and getting tested & then taking shots for whatever you are allergic too ??

Thank You

October 5, 2006, 12:53 pm CDT

He's had it hard, but he's doing really well now.  He is fully functioning and totally healthy now and he teaches elderly people how to use computers in his spare time...cool huh?
That is cool. =)

October 5, 2006, 2:10 pm CDT

Dr. Phil and Robin

What a joy to see them together.  To me, they are the perfect couple!  Their devotion to one another and their children is truly inspirational.

I would love to see more "Ask Dr. Phil and Robin" shows!

October 5, 2006, 2:41 pm CDT

True Elffie and also, some people might feel he is a tool of God's.   I don't think Jesus can cure agoraphobia. My uncle has a social anxiety disorder and he believes in Jesus. He knows he has to do therapy and take his meds to help him with this disorder. He personally believes that these are tools of God's to help him over come his problems.
I agree with your uncle. God often uses doctors and therapists to help believers such as your uncle.

October 5, 2006, 6:33 pm CDT

Quote From: elffie

That is cool. =)
They are so cute...the do the cutest things on the computers. One kept putting the mouse up to the screen...LOL

October 6, 2006, 7:49 am CDT

They are so cute...the do the cutest things on the computers. One kept putting the mouse up to the screen...LOL

LOL

Well, when I was showing my dad how to use my laptop he kept trying to touch the screen as well!  LOL  He isn't used to a laptop yet.  I have to admit, it took me a while as well. LOL 

October 6, 2006, 10:54 am CDT

Bravo ROBIN AND DR.PHILL

I was lucky enough not to have to go to work both my son and daughter were in school full time. Then I worked part time so I was home by the time they got home. I was able to nuture them like I needed to. I got to have that "time" I needed with them to do the mother school things I needed to with them and vacation bible school with them. As they grew up I gave them more and more reponsibilities around the house. It made them feel really good because they always "helped" me anyway. I knew "someday" they would HATE IT! LOL! The time came when High School hit I went to work full time because childsupport didn't cut it anymore. Things were expensive by then, they were older and could REALLY help with chores get some spending money to help me and if they didn't they didn't get "paid". I started thinking more about "ME TIME" too! I joined an aerobics class, ran by my cousin. Later she opened a gym and I began bodybuilding. Low and behold I got really good and was the only 37yr old body builder in a state show who took 4th place! I became an instructor in aerobics and trainer in bodybuilding and health. Today after 9yrs I am a strokesurvivor. This is what saved my life Doctors said. I should have died but I had the "ME TIME" My eldest, who is my daughter said she was happy for me that I took that time but was REALLY glad I did because of my stroke. Robin, YOU ARE A DOLL! Dr Phill YOU ARE A GREAT MAN AND JUST MAKE GOOD COMMON SENSE to me! ZZ

First | Prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last