Message Boards

Topic : 10/03 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 136
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:45:49 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil has reinforcement today – Robin joins him to answer all your burning questions! They also have special help from several speakers from Women of Faith, a faith-based organization encouraging women of all ages to grow in faith and spiritual maturity. First up are best friends, Barbara and Laurie, who both suffer from agoraphobia. Laurie hates to be in crowded places, and Barbara can’t comfortably leave a five-mile radius of her home. It’s a vicious cycle they’ve been sharing for 16 years. Patsy, a Women of Faith speaker who lost six years of her life to agoraphobia, shares how the women can get over their disorder. Then, Marilyn has been afraid of catching germs since she was in the 6th grade, and even gives her friends latex gloves to wear! What’s behind her fears? And, Jodi wrote to Dr. Phil because she doesn’t trust her husband, Scott’s, ability to fly his homemade helicopter. Scott says his wife needs to be more trusting. What does Dr. Phil think? Plus, a mom who says she never puts herself first wants Robin’s help. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 3, 2006, 10:47 am CDT

Conquring Fear

Dear Dr. Phil and Robin, I would like to share with you both, as a child I was accussed of negative accusations. i had never met my father till 30yrs later, then he passed away. My mother always told me I was going to be a looser as my father. i started reading my bible and started putting it into practice. Taking out the negative and replace it with positive. After 32yrs of marriage my husband had an afair with his employee, I took him back 6x, he continued seeing her. She is married herself, all three of us had a mediation she agreeded to stay away from my husband. The trust was gone. I filed for a "Legal Seperation" changed the locks on my home, I refuse to accept any disfuntional behavior he brought into our home. Today I have more back bone than I ever thought. After work I go to the gym. I lost 80 pounds and feel great. I thank God for His mercy!

Respefully,

Gloria Jacques

October 3, 2006, 11:26 am CDT

Don't lose hope!

Quote From: amcn25

I am a senior 70+ woman who was so fearful, I became a 'refinance junky' after 'a scam' about tax deferment left me with few funds but a house. (I gained after 34 years as an airline stew. and resell of a home for 3 times what I paid) My fears took over.   There was no mortgage broker who couldn't make 'a deal' 11 times!!!   I simply didn't realize what I was doing 'no sense of reality' as the psychiatrist said. I have medication now.  I was afraid I would die. I find myself in the unreal world of massive debt, and little money for mort. payments. I'm sure no pity from anyone. But  I am needy and desparate, and will do anything to survive.  I feel because I have made all these mistakes, I  don't deserve to be helped. But I never lose hope, and faith in God.  Thank you for being there.   Audrey 

I too feel at times hopeless about my money situation.  About 5 years ago I refinanced my house to pay off some high interest credit card debt.  And low and behold I find myself in the same situation again, with huge credit card bills, but this this time my husband knows nothing about them.  I am so depressed.  I can't sleep, my stomach hurts, and on top of that we have a huge tax bill to pay off next year.  But I'm like you I never lose hope and have faith in God, I will tell my husband sooner or later hopefully he will be understanding.  Melanie

October 3, 2006, 12:04 pm CDT

raising daughters

Am I the only mother in the world who wont let her 14 year old daughter go to the homecoming dance at her high school. I think she is too young to go to a dance and get all dolled up like a twenty year old. Am I doing the right thing?

October 3, 2006, 12:13 pm CDT

10/03 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: brantrent

I was blessed to be at the Women of Faith conference that was held this past week-end in Sacramento, CA.  Robin, thank you for your openness and candor.  I am sooooooooo looking forward to seeing this show on Tuesday.  I think Patsy Clairmont is one of the funniest people in this world.  I am blessed that God got her out of bed and on stage for us to enjoy.

God Bless, DeeDee  

Man o man, I don't beleive I missed Sandi Patty, she has got a  voice in a half! And yes, Patsy Clairmont, I would encourage any one to go see her, she is a riot! I have seen her several times and have mine and her picture together in my album. I have never been to this  conference but I will make it to one. :) I have been to many of these type of things and these women are so unique, they are just like all of us, been through struggles and have found the source to get them through it. Good to know that there are people of the faith in the media, way to go Robin, no wonder you shine and every one loves you.

October 3, 2006, 12:35 pm CDT

Phobias

I am new here  I have a few phobias fear of driving,fear of thunderstorms. I have had it for 20 years.Is there anyone out there like me?

October 3, 2006, 12:54 pm CDT

dr phil i missed the womans name whi sang at the end of thin show

but my ears did not miss her butiful voice, who ever she was she has the most butiful voice i have ever heard, and may i add she sang (aint no mountian high enough) better than the origanal artist, thank her for singing, i hope you have the women of faith on your show again one day soon,it dose a heart good to get away from ever day problems such as you have to deal with, again thanks for having them there for every one watching to enjoy, im ashamed of my self for missing her name, but i will never forgit that voice thank you.!!!!

October 3, 2006, 1:08 pm CDT

very good advice for the guy with the gyro copter

those things relly arnt as safe as people are led to beleive

October 3, 2006, 1:18 pm CDT

10/03 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: afraid

but my ears did not miss her butiful voice, who ever she was she has the most butiful voice i have ever heard, and may i add she sang (aint no mountian high enough) better than the origanal artist, thank her for singing, i hope you have the women of faith on your show again one day soon,it dose a heart good to get away from ever day problems such as you have to deal with, again thanks for having them there for every one watching to enjoy, im ashamed of my self for missing her name, but i will never forgit that voice thank you.!!!!
I didn't  watch the show but I read it and the lady who sang was Sandi Patty. She is a Christian singer and yes, she has an awesome voice. I have seen her in concert and always has a tremendous turn out.

October 3, 2006, 1:20 pm CDT

Stretched too thin

I am a mother of a 2 and 3 yr old.  I also take care of my parents who moved in with us due to health problems last year. I had to return to work a couple of months ago part time to help out financially.  Between my parents and us we have 5 dogs and 1 cat that I take care of.  I also walk my sister's dog daily and help out with her household chores.  I start my day between 4:30 and 5 am and I usually don't get to bed until 11 or 12 at night.  I stay exhausted!  I am overweight and need to work out but I can't seem to find 15 min. for a hot bath little lone time to go work out.  I know that I need a break and time for me, but there is always someone needing something.  My husband does what he can, but he works two jobs and isn't home much.  I feel like a robot that just keeps on going, but I am afraid that I am headed for a breakdown.  I heard Robin's reply to the mom on today's show and it all made since, but it just isn't that simple.

October 3, 2006, 1:20 pm CDT

The only mother in the world

Quote From: jannylou26

Am I the only mother in the world who wont let her 14 year old daughter go to the homecoming dance at her high school. I think she is too young to go to a dance and get all dolled up like a twenty year old. Am I doing the right thing?

Dear worried mother, I think there should be more parents in the world like you today, especially ones who have daughters! I mean it's a cruel world now. I am a mother my self of three boys who haven't yet reached that stage, but I know with the way I am I most likely won't allow them to do a whole lot either, not without myself and/or their father involved. Then again you don't want your child to feel as if you're closing in on her social life either, it's very diificult in this day and age raising respectable children. But when you love your children, you'd rather raise them and not let the streets do it for you! And no you're not wrong for not letting her look older than she is, I have a 14 year old niece with whom my whole family is struggling because she has the body of a 30 year old woman and she's beautiful, and my sister finds every excuse in the book about her attire! " I can't find anything in her size" or "this is the way she likes to dress" my heart weaps for her because I know that in the end my sister will be sorry she didn't take more control of that!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last